First | Previous | Page 13 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#601 Posted: 12:54:54 05/04/2012
Quote: HexDisciple
Spamming Skull Rain and Phantom orbs behing upgraded walls?

this (at least for me) works only in theory. terrafin can easily swim under the wall or destroy it. and hex can't escape and attack at the same time. maybe i'm very very bad with her, but i always loose
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
WhirlWindLover Green Sparx Gems: 318
#602 Posted: 13:03:39 05/04/2012
Quote: voodude
Spamming Skull Rain and Phantom orbs behing upgraded walls?

this (at least for me) works only in theory. terrafin can easily swim under the wall or destroy it. and hex can't escape and attack at the same time. maybe i'm very very bad with her, but i always loose

Well, you're not bad with her. I also lose to Terrafin with Hex.
I'm not sure but Hex is great for Kaos' minions as she can just chill in the back and blast away.
---
I read on mytholgy, dragons and griffins. Unicorns too!
smilie Twists of Fury! smilie
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#603 Posted: 13:15:26 05/04/2012
@stealth Elf 32
Yes he did.
At least double the distance
---
Gotcha!
#604 Posted: 13:58:40 05/04/2012
@voodude
Yes she can.
Charge the skull rain while running.I'd do this near a teleporter though.
Because it'll cut her already below-average speed.
Also, if you get the chance to repeat the skull rain, the skulls will pile up.
And as such, at least one of the skulls is prone to hit him.
Also, while running, keep conjuring the wall.
But seriously, unless the swim is infinite, a top-of-the-state strategy is seldom good enough.
Perhaps even a chop-chop with the shield path.
Stunning, then slashing away, then repeating.
Also, anyone intelligent enough wouldnt just spam the mini sharks to face a fully upgraded chop chop due to the vampiric aura upgrade.
Also, a smart enough smilie can warp and confuse a terrafin in either path(the difference being that if you go for forest ninja youll have to rely even more on warping).
Long story short, select skylanders with select paths with EVEN more select strategies can beat Sandhog terrafin.
---
Gotcha!
#605 Posted: 14:02:41 05/04/2012
@voodude
Yes she can.
But seriously, unless the swim is infinite, a top-of-the-state strategy is seldom good enough.
Also, anyone intelligent enough wouldnt just spam the mini sharks to face a fully upgraded chop chop due to the vampiric aura upgrade.
Also, a smart enough smilie can warp and confuse a terrafin in either path(the difference being that if you go for forest ninja youll have to rely even more on warping).
Long story short, select skylanders with select paths with EVEN more select strategies can beat Sandhog terrafin.

bah. i find her too slow.
chop chop on the shield path is weak because he can't deal enough damage
with my brawler terrafin i can kill them both easily. also forest ninja stealth elf is weak because a bellyflop can destroy the decoys. pook blade saint will win, but just because she has incredible dps not because of strategies
---
WhirlWindLover Green Sparx Gems: 318
#606 Posted: 15:44:41 05/04/2012
@voodude
Yes she can.

Pook Blade Saint Stealth Elf beats a lot already though.
But seriously? Hex would never with against a Terrafin.
Someone who's quick and has easy to use range can win like Sonic Boom or Flameslinger but they need some speed,
Flame slinger has his dash and Sonic Boom can fly and she also has her Siren Griffin "More Boom" which has lots of AoE dmg mixed with Echolocation.
---
I read on mytholgy, dragons and griffins. Unicorns too!
smilie Twists of Fury! smilie
#607 Posted: 19:13:04 05/04/2012
Mmhmm...Touché smilie
---
Gotcha!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#608 Posted: 19:52:44 05/04/2012
The main problem with Hex is probably Zook. Not in battle, but for his doing the same thing she does ten thousand times better.
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#609 Posted: 20:47:26 05/04/2012
That means it was let out. smilie
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
BlazinBlackMage Gold Sparx Gems: 2021
#610 Posted: 01:26:16 06/04/2012
I apologize if this has been answered already, or if it's a little too soon since they just came out, but does anyone have any recommendations for upgrade paths for Camo and Warnado? I took the Wind Master path for Warnado and I gotta say I find it alot of fun, haven't tested it in PVP yet, but I personally didn't find Eye of the Storm all that enticing, if anyone has taken that path already I'd love to hear their opinion on it. smilie
---
Skylanders Collection: Completely lost count. OTL
WiiU ID: BlazingBlackMage (I accept all friend requests!)
Lost Islands Activate: BBMage
#611 Posted: 01:32:33 06/04/2012
For smilie, I dis like Bone Crafter. I know you will troll me, so DONT READ IT
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
#612 Posted: 11:22:54 06/04/2012
Quote: Stealth Elf 32
For smilie, I dis like Bone Crafter. I know you will troll me, so DONT READ IT

well i dislike it too. but since i dislike shade master even more...
---
#613 Posted: 16:10:38 06/04/2012
just bought sunburn. right now i'm trying blaze dragon path, because the flamethrower attack looks too weak
---
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#614 Posted: 18:14:04 06/04/2012
I don't have these skylanders, but what are the best paths for
Lightning rod is awesome and deadly in his "avatar state"
2. Voodood
3. Camo
4. Warnado
5. Wham Shell
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:18 07/04/2012 by joerox123
#615 Posted: 20:35:59 06/04/2012
Quote: joerox123
Okay Stealthelf32 you need to stop! Your throwing a tantrum and that is annoying. You wonder why people block you.

Muff. BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whys evryone pickin' on me. You got me when I was happy, and you want to ruin it???
---
#616 Posted: 21:06:07 06/04/2012
I don't have these skylanders, but what are the best paths for
1. Lightning Rod
2. Voodood
3. Camo
4. Warnado
5. Wham Shell

i can only help with voodood. both paths are good, but marauder is a little better
---
#617 Posted: 01:07:22 07/04/2012
Im sorry.
---
#618 Posted: 12:51:29 07/04/2012
really no one with camo/warnado/wham shell has posted something yet?
---
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#619 Posted: 00:33:23 08/04/2012
here is what i ended up settling on for camo and warnado

Camo - Vine Virtuso

Warnado - eye of the storm
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#620 Posted: 00:49:26 08/04/2012
They didn't come out in Portugal yet.
Which Pack-Exclusive Skylander should I try first?
Terrafin
Sunburn
or
Slam-Bam?
---
Gotcha!
#621 Posted: 08:12:41 08/04/2012
they are all awesome
if you like melee go with slam bam
if you still like melee but want something more hybrid go with terrafin
if you hate melee go with sunburn
smilie

Quote: Gaiaknight

Camo - Vine Virtuso

have you tried it in pvp?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:13:24 08/04/2012 by voodude
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#622 Posted: 09:04:01 08/04/2012
I have a couple questions:

1) Is Flameslinger (Marksman) worth putting any time into as a ranged champion? I feel like he's pretty weak in comparison to others, but enjoy his playstyle.

2) Terrafin; I'm much more interested in going Brawler > Sandhog, but how much worse is it exactly (PvP)?

3) I'm a melee-lover, but is there really any other melee's worth playing over Stealth Elf/Bash/Terradin/Voodood? I feel like the others are just too weak. Chop Chop was the biggest letdown for me, he appealed to me greatly. Other than that, leveling my Ignitor for the Soul of the Flame path.

4) Does Dino-Rang get a lot better after upgrading to his Boomerang Path? He seems pretty mediocre atm.

5) I went Golden Frenzy on TH and am regretting it, going to reset and go Golden Money Bangs; but how does his final ability, Heads or Tails, work?

6) What hats are you guys using? I felt like Crit or Speed (or a combination) were most effective. Armor felt useless in such an offensive PvP game (however, I was interested in stacking it with someone like Bash who inherently gets +40), and I have NO idea about Elemental Power. I don't even understand fully, is it just basically extra damage when facing an element you're strong against (PvP) or in you're "this element is stronger in this zone" in Story Mode? Meh, either way I felt like the only way to truly boost your damage overall was to stack crit.

7) How exactly do herioc challenges work? I want to max out a few characters I'm interested in, do I just do ALL of the heroic challenges on that single character to max him/her out stat-wise?

Sorry for drifting off-topic, just some very knowledgeable people in this thread!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#623 Posted: 09:49:31 08/04/2012
Quote: Laurix

1) Is Flameslinger (Marksman) worth putting any time into as a ranged champion? I feel like he's pretty weak in comparison to others, but enjoy his playstyle.

2) Terrafin; I'm much more interested in going Brawler > Sandhog, but how much worse is it exactly (PvP)?

3) I'm a melee-lover, but is there really any other melee's worth playing over Stealth Elf/Bash/Terradin/Voodood? I feel like the others are just too weak. Chop Chop was the biggest letdown for me, he appealed to me greatly. Other than that, leveling my Ignitor for the Soul of the Flame path.

4) Does Dino-Rang get a lot better after upgrading to his Boomerang Path? He seems pretty mediocre atm.

5) I went Golden Frenzy on TH and am regretting it, going to reset and go Golden Money Bangs; but how does his final ability, Heads or Tails, work?

6) What hats are you guys using? I felt like Crit or Speed (or a combination) were most effective. Armor felt useless in such an offensive PvP game (however, I was interested in stacking it with someone like Bash who inherently gets +40), and I have NO idea about Elemental Power. I don't even understand fully, is it just basically extra damage when facing an element you're strong against (PvP) or in you're "this element is stronger in this zone" in Story Mode? Meh, either way I felt like the only way to truly boost your damage overall was to stack crit.

7) How exactly do herioc challenges work? I want to max out a few characters I'm interested in, do I just do ALL of the heroic challenges on that single character to max him/her out stat-wise?

Sorry for drifting off-topic, just some very knowledgeable people in this thread!

1) sorry, don't know. imo marksman is boring

2) he is still good. you have less defense, but you are the best melee after stealth elf.

3) voodood, slam bam and terrafin are all very strong skylanders if you go melee. there's also stump smash, who is weaker than them but still decent

4) yes, he is very good

5) if the coin lands on head, it will stay on the ground like a trap, hitting your enemy for 21 damage

6) i hate hats lol

7) yes. a challenge give you +X bonus to a stat. for example the speed ones give you +8, the armor one +3. if you want all the bonus, you have to do all the challenges. personally, i just do all the speed challenges with all my characters
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:50:26 08/04/2012 by voodude
alexandros2011 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#624 Posted: 18:58:59 08/04/2012
my son and i took ignitor and lighting rod for a spin ...they are both fantastic....soul of the flame fully upgraded level 10 ignitor is beyond super sick!!! lightning lord LR is amazing as well...theyve become both of our new fav skylanders to use on the ps3. if you guys dont have them id seriously recommend getting both. now if i could just find a flippin voodood lmao smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie on PS3
need smiliesmilie
#625 Posted: 20:57:19 08/04/2012
My brothers have voodood and I have watched...I can say this:
-If you go for Marauder(the path that improves Axe attacks), you have the combos, the damage boost(second one), and finally, an accelaration granted to Zipline Axe.
-If you go for the path to improve magical abilities, it revolves around electricity, with an upgrade to the tripwire.Upgrading makes you irradiate electricty when hit and when hitting, as well as the aforementioned upgrade to the tripwire.
PS:We are in Europe
---
Gotcha!
#626 Posted: 21:10:57 08/04/2012
@Laurix

Hardly a couple questions...xD

Anyway:
1-I think.Pyromancer is fun too, though.
2-I don't think you'll be missing much.You do keep Bellyflop's power at a max.Plus you get a combo(I think).Plus you get a form of retaliation.
3-Uhh...If you consider Ghost-Roaster's charge attack a melee, there you have it.Stump Smash's combos are good, as is the meganut and the interactions the paths give with the meganut.Chop Chop isn't all bad.You have either combos or constant stuns.
4-Oh yes.He sooo does.Would say opposite if you could litter the ground with traps.
5-voodude said it
6-Hmm...Hats don't have that much effect.Even if you have 50 Crit it's fairly hard to deal extra damage.Also most of them are waay oversized
7-voodude said it.
---
Gotcha!
#627 Posted: 21:11:11 08/04/2012
For smilie I say Grand Litning.
---
#628 Posted: 21:20:36 08/04/2012

3-Uhh...If you consider Ghost-Roaster's charge attack a melee, there you have it.

just a thing: this doesn't work on the wii. ghost roaster is horribly nerfed and very weak. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:51 08/04/2012 by voodude
#629 Posted: 21:32:31 08/04/2012
Oh...
Thanks for telling me
Had no cluesmilie
Pity
BTW, nerfed, how?
---
Gotcha!
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#630 Posted: 21:37:25 08/04/2012
if you play the ps3 or 360 version you can spin the control stick allowing for better control over the charge attack
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Markster91 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#631 Posted: 22:00:12 08/04/2012
I have PS3 and have done both paths for Warnado.
I like Wind Master for PVP but the Eye of the Storm is a lot faster and you can deal more damage with the body slam.

To me, this might just be a personal feeling choice.

Close range- Eye of the Storm
Far range- Wind Master
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#632 Posted: 22:02:13 08/04/2012
What path for smilie?
#633 Posted: 22:05:38 08/04/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
What path for smilie?

The "Rainbow of Doom path"
---
#634 Posted: 22:12:58 08/04/2012
For smilie I HEAVILY RECOMMEND the lightning lord. It is strong,quick, and powerful. But I was wondering if anyone enjoyed the other path. Seperatly what path is BEST for smilie?
---
#635 Posted: 22:58:28 08/04/2012
Quote: Laurix

1) He gets better when his Heroics are done. Although I'd be lying to say he's comparable to the top of the heap, it's a lonely place up there, with only Drobot and (lately) Zook being significantly better than any other ranged character. However, Flameslinger is no worse than any of the others, and better than some, like Zap.

2) Brawler kind of takes away Terrafin's ace in the hole in PVP. When Sandhog's back is up against the ropes, going under and hitting with just the fin and homing sharks to even things up a bit is always an option. With Brawler, the fin does no damage, and instead of homing sharks, you get a shark shield. Brawler is fine, but what you lose really is pretty large-scale.

3) You're more or less correct in your assessment of melees, but Slam Bam is good too, so there's at least the one more. Wham-Shell seems promising, but we'll see.

4) Yes he does. Dino-Rang is one of the best characters in the game, and that's the path to do it. Keep an eye on his boomerang shield, that thing gets broken in a hurry as you upgrade.

5) It pretty much words exactly like voodude says.

6) Hats... If you need Speed in any way, shape or form, take Winged Hat, or if you don't have Dragon's Peak, Lil' Devil. If you feel your speed is just fine, go crit. +20 translates to 4% critical in game, which doesn't sound like much, but it adds up. Elemental power only applies when you receive an elemental bonus, such as in areas where your character is strong, or against opponents with whom you have an elemental advantage (Fire > Wind > Earth > Tech > Magic > Undead > Life > Water). Defense shouldn't be an issue for you after Heroics, so forget about that. Basically, Speed is the best stat, but it's possible to have enough of it (you be the judge), and when that happens, go crit.

7) Yes, do every Heroic on every character to max them all out. It's a good idea to at least max your favorites, because although base damage for all attacks is fixed, you'll still find yourself markedly stronger.

EDIT: Also, Ghost Roaster is nerfed on the Wii because you can only connect once per target with his charge, no matter how many times your character comes into contact with it, whereas on PS360, there is no such limit. It's a major difference.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:17 08/04/2012 by Tashiji
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#636 Posted: 23:04:35 08/04/2012
For smilie I HEAVILY RECOMMEND the lightning lord. It is strong,quick, and powerful. But I was wondering if anyone enjoyed the other path. Seperatly what path is BEST for smilie?

Typhoon Titan for Lightning Rod is definately more beneficial. First off, his Soul Gem is almost useless if he goes down the Lord of the Lightning path.

His Soul Gem causes his three extra clouds to spin a bit faster, causing more damage to enemies as the near enemies quicker than normal. At the same time, he has an amplified Zapper Field.

With Lord of the Lightning, he's just a one-trick pony. I like my Skylanders to use more than one move in the game, but LOTL for L. Rod, makes it so you only have to press A/X throughout the game, which makes it boring.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#637 Posted: 23:10:04 08/04/2012
Lord of the Lightning is a one trick pony, but personally, I've found Typhoon Titan to be a zero-trick pony. What does he do well on that build? He's much less damaging, and not defensively sound at all... I'm not saying you're wrong, but it really seems like we're looking at two different characters here. Personally, I've found LotL, one trick pony or not, to be the only way to make Rod useful at all.
#638 Posted: 00:18:16 09/04/2012
Actually, while both paths rely on one central move, thus pressing only one button to get through any given level, Typhoon Titan can do a number of things.

With LOTL, all one ever needs to do, is spam A and he does his now uber quick Lightning Avatar move. You can then move that lightning for a few seconds, but you can't move it quick enough to cover 360 degrees around L. Rod himself.

That's where his 3 little cloud satellites come in. Let's say you want to use his lightning move, which then still takes a second to pop off. Any enemies coming from behind will get zapped thanks to the satellites providing extra defense, while doing a little offense.

Or, one could shoot L. Rod's projectiles, while allowing the cloud satellites to cover anything coming up from behind or the sides.

He just has more options open for him.

If there's one thing I can't stand with Skylanders, is one-trick pony Skylanders.

Hex going down Shade Master makes for a very boring Skylander. First off, her Bone wall doesn't do damage, so it makes it useless to use, since enemies will just knock it down after a few hits. While the wall is up, let's say Shade Master Hex wants to do her Rain of Skulls. That takes like... forever... to summon, especially when you have bought the Storm of Skulls upgrade.

This naturally makes Bone Crafter Hex more fun and diverse.

I look at L. Rod and characters like Zook the same way. Their projectile upgrade paths make for boring Skylanders. Sure, they can be like uber powerful, but it's not fun to play a one-button game.

I would surely dance circles around Lord of the Lightning, Lightning Rod, in PVP. Just grab me a Mega Dozer Drill Sergeant or Fear Eater Ghost Roaster, use their charges, and L. Rod's Lightning Avatar couldn't keep up, allowing me to get in for the easy kill.

AHA! That's where Zapper Field Deluxe comes in. Lightning Rod down the Typhoon Titan path, is defensive, while dishing some pain. If someone that's a close quarters Skylander rushes in for the kill, they're likely to get killed, by fast-spinning Cloud Zapper Satellites, plus the damage output from Zapper Field. So then, they decide to back off, which allows L. Rod to become a ranged combatant, as he dishes out Lightning Bolt after Lightning Bolt, or if he can get behind cover, he can throw out a Grand Lightning Summon or two.

Again, though, with one focusing on using L. Rod's Lightning Avatar, it's easy to go around, because it can't stay out that long, or cover ground quick enough to catch any Skylander that jukes it.
---
#639 Posted: 01:45:29 09/04/2012
How much do the clouds do.
---
#640 Posted: 02:25:45 09/04/2012
The clouds do 10 damage, I believe. While I'll readily admit that Typhoon Titan is much more of a Swiss Army knife of abilities than LotL, I just haven't had positive results with it. I find that he's not formidable in PVP at all down that path, whereas Lord of the Lightning can at least establish himself firmly in the middle of the PVP pecking order with his one move, at about the same level as either of the other two Wind champions. The dominant PVP characters kill in seconds when facing characters like Rod, though, with minimal deterrents to direct attack. Typhoon Titan defends better, don't get me wrong, I just haven't found it to be enough to hold off a rushing challenger, or fend off the Drobots of the game, who will just nuke him right through the cloud shields.

Zook, on the other hand, is a PVP beast on Floral Defender, with huge advantages to almost every character. It's almost astounding how great that path is. It's just funny, to me, the inequities between characters in this game. Whether he's on TT or LotL, Rod just pales in comparison to Zook.
lowmastercal Red Sparx Gems: 56
#641 Posted: 03:24:01 09/04/2012
i have a few questions
1.what is the best pve path for zook
2.what is the best pve for cynder
3.what is the best pve path for l rod
---
i am the one and only blackstar
( smilie smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie ) ( smilie ) (smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie smilie ) ( smilie smilie ) ( smilie ) ( smilie )
#642 Posted: 03:52:13 09/04/2012
1. Zook is always better on Floral Defender. It does substantially more damage than Artilleryman in every mode. It really isn't just for defense. Four-cacti MIRV shots are ridiculously powerful, and the wide cacti shield he can spawn will do most of the work for you with regards to enemy management. One of the best paths in the game.

2. I'd go Nether Welder in PVE for Cynder. There's no reason to be passive by building for your ghosts, when PVE is really just a matter of how quickly you can fry everything. Cynder's lightning is exceptional at that.

3. Lord of the Lightning for PVE Rod. Interruption on Grand Lightning isn't going to be a big issue with story enemies, and you'll be able to fry the field with ease.
#643 Posted: 10:34:31 09/04/2012
Oh...
Thanks for telling me
Had no cluesmilie
Pity
BTW, nerfed, how?

you will hit only 1 time per charge. this, and the fact you can stop the charge when you want, makes him very vulnerable in pvp, especially with the skull charge path. in pve it's fine

Quote: Tashiji

2) Brawler kind of takes away Terrafin's ace in the hole in PVP. When Sandhog's back is up against the ropes, going under and hitting with just the fin and homing sharks to even things up a bit is always an option. With Brawler, the fin does no damage, and instead of homing sharks, you get a shark shield. Brawler is fine, but what you lose really is pretty large-scale.

i beg to differ. with brawler, terrafin is still the best character after the broken ones. my advice for everyone is to try him, because it's very fun and still powerful. and shark shield is painful for your opponent smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:36:56 09/04/2012 by voodude
#644 Posted: 14:32:09 09/04/2012
Oh and I just tried Hex's SM
Was it just me or the fire rate suffered a CATACLYSMIC drop?
Sure i thought the explosion was nice but....nah
---
Gotcha!
#645 Posted: 20:10:23 09/04/2012
The clouds do 10 damage, I believe. While I'll readily admit that Typhoon Titan is much more of a Swiss Army knife of abilities than LotL, I just haven't had positive results with it. I find that he's not formidable in PVP at all down that path, whereas Lord of the Lightning can at least establish himself firmly in the middle of the PVP pecking order with his one move, at about the same level as either of the other two Wind champions. The dominant PVP characters kill in seconds when facing characters like Rod, though, with minimal deterrents to direct attack. Typhoon Titan defends better, don't get me wrong, I just haven't found it to be enough to hold off a rushing challenger, or fend off the Drobots of the game, who will just nuke him right through the cloud shields.

Zook, on the other hand, is a PVP beast on Floral Defender, with huge advantages to almost every character. It's almost astounding how great that path is. It's just funny, to me, the inequities between characters in this game. Whether he's on TT or LotL, Rod just pales in comparison to Zook.

See, this is what I hope to show in videos. How each path can win, but certain paths are better.

I just wouldn't understand how a LOTL L. Rod could win with only his Lightning Avatar move, when Skylanders can simply dodge it with a charge move, or if they have all of their speed from Heroics.

It pops off faster, sure, but while going, it moves slower than most can move, thus allowing Skylanders to go behind and get some damage off, before the person controlling L. Rod takes their finger off the button.
---
Wham-Shell Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3583
#646 Posted: 22:05:54 09/04/2012
Even though he isnt out yet, i highly recomend the mace path.from the readings on spyrowiki,His mace,and posidon strike get more powerful, and for soulgem he gets spikey armor
---
I made this account in 2012, I will PAY to have a name change please
#647 Posted: 22:40:28 09/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

See, this is what I hope to show in videos. How each path can win, but certain paths are better.

I just wouldn't understand how a LOTL L. Rod could win with only his Lightning Avatar move, when Skylanders can simply dodge it with a charge move, or if they have all of their speed from Heroics.

It pops off faster, sure, but while going, it moves slower than most can move, thus allowing Skylanders to go behind and get some damage off, before the person controlling L. Rod takes their finger off the button.

He's not winning only with that one move. His projectile lightning shards do exactly the same damage as TT's, the only difference is the slight residual damage caused by the zapper clouds charging the lightning shards. But that's really unlikely to be the difference between life and death. Also, they share the same final zapper shield upgrade, and aside from the clouds themselves, again, LotL's does the same amount of damage. I'm not saying either path is a PVP dynamo--in fact, quite the contrary. However, I do believe that Rod's best chance is on the only path where he can do respectable damage, because without solid defenses (and neither path has them) there's no real way to win a war of attrition.
#648 Posted: 22:42:08 09/04/2012
For Stealth Elf, I wouldn't say the best upgrade in the Pook Blade Saint path aren't the combos, but the Shadowsbane Blade Dance.It just, like, doubles or triples her(smilie's)damage potential.
It's also pretty awesome due to you being able to "Barrel Roll" enemies, because of the rotation movement and damage effect the blades attain around you.Sure, it's not enough to defeat anyone apart from Chompies, Cruncher, Gnashers and Flame Imps, but it certainly qualifies for a pseudo-preemptive-melee-strike.
Also, do you think the Spyro series should be turned into a TV show or a movie?
---
Gotcha!
#649 Posted: 01:53:50 10/04/2012
Is the Elementasist path any good for smilie?
---
#650 Posted: 02:14:26 10/04/2012
Both of Voodood's paths are good. Voodood in general is good. ... But Marauder has a slight edge...
First | Previous | Page 13 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me