First | Previous | Page 11 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#501 Posted: 20:54:51 22/03/2012
haha I actually had no idea what it meant until I googled it and found he's basically shooting a nuclear weapon.

The explosion has a decent range, and helps a lot when characters do tend to get closer. Especially smaller ones like Chompies or imps.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#502 Posted: 21:36:00 22/03/2012
i'm getting very interested with zook. i hope he will be released soon in italy so i can try him
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sisqo4ever Green Sparx Gems: 162
#503 Posted: 21:35:28 23/03/2012
Has anyone tried the new dragon peaks adventure pack yet? I'm getting it Sunday, and really excited. Can't wait to try out sunburn.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#504 Posted: 03:37:58 24/03/2012
I've got to say, and this surprised me a bit to be perfectly honest, Floral Defender for Zook. The defenses are respectable, and annoying for opponents; damaging, and a knock-back effect. The difference in power between his first and second upgrades of the bazooka (23 and 34, respectively) isn't really large enough to warrant picking an entire path for it. MIRV Mortar and Mortar of Life are a great combination, and combined with his plain cactus shield, Zook can have half the field blocked off in damaging barriers within a few seconds. I'd honestly say he out-Bonecrafters Bonecrafter Hex. Artilleryman is a fine path overall, but Floral Defender appears to be a beast.

As for Lightning Rod... I'm not entirely sure yet. Lightning Lord appears to be better, but as of writing this, I'm one upgrade from finishing Typhoon Titan, and will after the baby goes to sleep. We'll see how that goes.

Of the two, I do find Zook to be the stronger character.
#505 Posted: 12:01:06 24/03/2012
Quote: Tashiji
I've got to say, and this surprised me a bit to be perfectly honest, Floral Defender for Zook. The defenses are respectable, and annoying for opponents; damaging, and a knock-back effect. The difference in power between his first and second upgrades of the bazooka (23 and 34, respectively) isn't really large enough to warrant picking an entire path for it. MIRV Mortar and Mortar of Life are a great combination, and combined with his plain cactus shield, Zook can have half the field blocked off in damaging barriers within a few seconds. I'd honestly say he out-Bonecrafters Bonecrafter Hex. Artilleryman is a fine path overall, but Floral Defender appears to be a beast.

As for Lightning Rod... I'm not entirely sure yet. Lightning Lord appears to be better, but as of writing this, I'm one upgrade from finishing Typhoon Titan, and will after the baby goes to sleep. We'll see how that goes.

Of the two, I do find Zook to be the stronger character.

thank you very much smilie i have always loved bonecrafter hex but she's a little weak imo so i can't wait for zook! i think the artilleryman path is created for pve and defender for pvp
---
#506 Posted: 13:55:37 24/03/2012
I completely agree. Artilleryman has a definite edge in Story Mode... but my goodness is Floral Defender a strong PVP build.

As for Lightning Rod, Lightning Lord is definitely my recommendation. Typhoon Titan is supposed to be a great defensive build, but the cloud satellites do <10 damage each, and don't repel very well. Lightning Lord, on the other hand, shares the same Soul Gem upgrade, the only such upgrade for his Zapper Field and the character's best defensive perk. Not only that, Lightning Lord's remote control damage is respectable, and given that the cloud shields are on the dinky side for Typhoon Titan, and that this is the only real difference between his two builds, it's hard not to go with Lightning Lord. They share every upgrade otherwise. There's no secondary ability in either of Lightning Rod's upgrade paths; either you upgrade ONLY clouds, or ONLY Gran Lightning. Usually, characters have a utility ability thrown in on one path or the other for a different type of attack, but not Rod. The only way to measure him is on zapper satellites versus Grand Lightning, and fully upgraded, Grand Lightning is a lot better.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:49 24/03/2012 by Tashiji
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#507 Posted: 14:36:32 24/03/2012
Quote: Tashiji
I completely agree. Artilleryman has a definite edge in Story Mode... but my goodness is Floral Defender a strong PVP build.

As for Lightning Rod, Lightning Lord is definitely my recommendation. Typhoon Titan is supposed to be a great defensive build, but the cloud satellites do <10 damage each, and don't repel very well. Lightning Lord, on the other hand, shares the same Soul Gem upgrade, the only such upgrade for his Zapper Field and the character's best defensive perk. Not only that, Lightning Lord's remote control damage is respectable, and given that the cloud shields are on the dinky side for Typhoon Titan, and that this is the only real difference between his two builds, it's hard not to go with Lightning Lord. They share every upgrade otherwise. There's no secondary ability in either of Lightning Rod's upgrade paths; either you upgrade ONLY clouds, or ONLY Gran Lightning. Usually, characters have a utility ability thrown in on one path or the other for a different type of attack, but not Rod. The only way to measure him is on zapper satellites versus Grand Lightning, and fully upgraded, Grand Lightning is a lot better.

Thank you for taking the time to compare both paths.
#508 Posted: 19:24:54 24/03/2012
A good path for Cynder?
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#509 Posted: 19:37:57 24/03/2012
Quote: Sisqo4ever
A good path for Cynder?

I went with the lightning on my first figure, will do shadows in my second, am really happy with the upgrade and don't regret it at all. It's pretty fun to use, as well smilie
#510 Posted: 19:41:27 24/03/2012
So lightning?
#511 Posted: 19:42:07 24/03/2012
Cynder really depends on your version. On PS360, the slow effect of Shadowdancer's ghosts doesn't really work, while on Wii, it is quite effective. That being said, on PS360, the lightning upgrades and exploding ghosts perk is easily superior to what Shadowdancer offers. On Wii, well, it's a lot more of a tossup. Overall, I recommend Nether Welder, simply because it's definitely better on one version of the game, and doesn't suffer any weird handicaps based on which version you play. Shadowdancer for Wii players is formidable, though.
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#512 Posted: 19:48:00 24/03/2012
If you are playing on the Wii, Cynder down Shadow Dancer is great. Nether Wielder does improve the Lightning significantly and makes it do far more damage than before, but Shadow Dancer allows her to slow enemies down, and the Shadow Dash does about the same as the Lightening, including the ghosts. But-you should probably try out both paths, they are both really good.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#513 Posted: 19:57:20 24/03/2012
Alright thank you I just got her today, I'll try her out.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#514 Posted: 21:12:03 24/03/2012
What is the best path for Ignitor? I went the sword path and it is awesome, but the other one looks awesome too, so which is better?

Also is Lightning Rod's Cloud path good? And is Zook's cactus path good? I need to know.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:40 24/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#515 Posted: 21:14:55 24/03/2012
Could someone tell me a good upgrade path for Whirlwind?
---
Bring the Fanta
#516 Posted: 21:17:17 24/03/2012
^The rainbow path is awesome, but I like the Clouds path better. They do massive damage.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#517 Posted: 21:19:53 24/03/2012
So the clouds path is better?
---
Bring the Fanta
#518 Posted: 21:21:16 24/03/2012
I love that path, so yes.
---

Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#519 Posted: 21:25:49 24/03/2012
Even though everyone loves shooting "Rainbows of Doom" the epic damage that can be done with the clouds is undeniable. I picked Tempest Dragon myself. Though there are a number of people who love the other path...
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Kao Kitty Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#520 Posted: 21:28:11 24/03/2012
@ Whirlwind5598 : Soul of Flame path is better. It basically lets you clear any room from one spot, and you don't have to expose Ignitor's weaknesses, which are basically his low HP and low defense.

Tashijin had the opportunity to share experiences with both paths for Lightning Rod and Zook, so I'll kind of summarize here.

Lightning Rod : Lightning Lord path is better. The clouds are rather dinky in size, and do only 10 damage, which is something Lightning Rod should have as a basic upgrade and not dedicated to an entire path.

For Zook, Floral Defender is the better path because of the way Zook is played. If you set up your barricade and use primarily your mortar, you can cover most of the area in foe-damaging barriers that cause knockback, on top of the damage your mortars and normal shots are already doing. Going Bazooka route raises your main shot's damage by 1, but increases the effectiveness of the shrapnel.

@ TheSpyrofan12 : From what I've read here on DarkSpryo, it doesn't sound like you could go wrong with either path for Whirlwind. I personally prefer Tempest Dragon.
#521 Posted: 21:31:08 24/03/2012
Thank you Kitty. Good thing I chose the Lightning Lord. But now I have to reset my Zook.
---

#522 Posted: 21:50:51 24/03/2012
Soul of the Flame is better on a night-and-day basis than Battlemaster. The only thing stopping Soul Ignitor from being as broken as Stealth Elf or Drobot is his HP, and really, that only applies against select opponents in PVP, and not at all in PVE. You really should try it. He went from being a scrub to a favorite after I made the switch you're contemplating.
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#523 Posted: 22:01:30 24/03/2012
I like eldritch beam for smilie
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
#524 Posted: 23:04:00 24/03/2012
I like the rainbow of doom path better for whirlwind
#525 Posted: 12:20:54 25/03/2012
I've decided to take the Tempest Dragon (cloud) path for Whirlwind. It seems a better choice. Rainbows of Doom path seems cool, but the clouds are more useful.
---
Bring the Fanta
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#526 Posted: 14:44:50 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I like the rainbow path.
Her Atomic Rainbow does a ton of damage when charged up. The only thing is you got to know when to charge it, since she walks pretty slow when charging it. But it does a lot, last time I checked.
---
but i love it all smooth
#527 Posted: 15:02:18 25/03/2012
For people that's getting sunburn, best path in my opinion is blaze dragon. I love it, and he's def the best fire element skylander by far.
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#528 Posted: 15:25:19 25/03/2012
For people that's getting sunburn, best path in my opinion is blaze dragon. I love it, and he's def the best fire element skylander by far.

i dunno if he can take that top spot from soul of flame ignitor we will see
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#529 Posted: 15:40:11 25/03/2012
I had igniter got rid of him traded him. Didn't like him. None of the fire elements come close to sunburn
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#530 Posted: 15:46:10 25/03/2012
I had igniter got rid of him traded him. Didn't like him. None of the fire elements come close to sunburn

like i said we will see gonna test sunburn down both paths and then take him through all 27 of my heroic challenges and then compare his dmg output to other fire types
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#531 Posted: 15:57:20 25/03/2012
I had him, since last night already done both paths. And finishing up the heroic challenges now. He's awesome
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#532 Posted: 16:31:13 25/03/2012
I had him, since last night already done both paths. And finishing up the heroic challenges now. He's awesome

Do you know how much damage Sunburn does when fully upgraded? Just that I am curious, since from Pennyman's video he didn't really look that strong. I hope he is good though.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#533 Posted: 16:40:14 25/03/2012
I got almost all his stats to the possible highest level.i just played choas's lair again just to see how he does did the whole level with just him and beat chaos only using him. So that should tell yal how good he is.
#534 Posted: 17:38:20 25/03/2012
Which path is better for Sunburn?
---

#535 Posted: 18:04:29 25/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Which path is better for Sunburn?

Blaze dragon
#536 Posted: 18:10:17 25/03/2012
The fire breath one? I'll try the teleporting one then I'll reset and try that one.
---

#537 Posted: 18:11:55 25/03/2012
Yeah the teleport one was a bummer.
ghost master Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#538 Posted: 19:29:47 25/03/2012
Just wanted to throw it out there, for Slam Bam its very hard to pick a better path. Glacier Yeti is more strategic-wise, while blizzard brawler is more on the full-out side. I myself am happy with Glacier Yeti, for I am more strategic-wise. Either way though, you wont be disappointed with him. He is a power-house either way.
---
I have no ideas for a signature.
#539 Posted: 19:31:30 25/03/2012
^I personally like the glacier yeti better.

@sisqo4ever - I actually like the teleporting path
---

#540 Posted: 20:05:06 25/03/2012
I'm loving the teleport path here, too. While I've yet to finish Blaze, it's hard to argue against Flame Lord at this point. It's especially potent in PVP, and eviscerates PVE about as well as I've seen from a Skylander to this point. Jury is out on whether or not Sunburn outdoes Ignitor... but they're at least in the same conversation.
#541 Posted: 20:30:40 25/03/2012
thanks for the pvp advise tashiji. can you give me some numbers about his damagesmilie?
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#542 Posted: 20:33:17 25/03/2012
Blaze Dragon (on the Wii if that matters) does a continuous stream of 20 points of damage, and from what I've seen, has a high Crit. hit ratio. (Even though I have no hat on that increases that)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#543 Posted: 20:34:30 25/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Blaze Dragon (on the Wii if that matters) does a continuous stream of 20 points of damage, and from what I've seen, has a high Crit. hit ratio. (Even though I have no hat on that increases that)

uuuhhh like double trouble. i like it. my friends probably won't. they already hate the masked guy *grin*
---
#544 Posted: 20:34:39 25/03/2012
Teleports do 24 damage, regardless of which part (arc, flame path, explosion) you come in contact with. Can hit repeatedly. Phoenix Dash does 30, and explosions from the dash do 24. His flame breath (on the teleport path) does 10 per tick.
#545 Posted: 20:43:05 25/03/2012
is teleport good in pvp for escaping? and phoenix dash? (sorry if i'm bothering you with many question)
---
#546 Posted: 20:53:26 25/03/2012
I escape all the time with teleporting. The teleporting path is better though because you can escape while dealing damage and if you keep teleporting it will keep doing damage. And you can choose to teleport to the fire patch farthest from your enemy.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:10 25/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#547 Posted: 21:49:36 25/03/2012
Yes, teleporting is awesome to escape in PVP. You can choose which of the four positions on the teleport nexus you want to appear at, which makes him a guessing game to chase. Not only that, his escape tactic takes 24 HP or more for whoever is unlucky enough to be caught, and an arrival explosion for whoever follows. Flame Lord is a contender. He's somewhat of a hybrid between Flameslinger and Ignitor, borrowing a flame dash and teleporting attacks. His damage numbers aren't as fantastic as Ignitor, and he doesn't have the control over his charge of Flameslinger, but putting the two strengths together, he's actually rather exceptional.

Personally, I don't think Blaze Dragon is as good as Flame Lord. Blaze Dragon is based entirely on using the flamethrower attack, which charges three times to reach maximum damage. Uncharged, it does 10, medium charge, 20, and max charge, 30. This damage ticks rapidly, so it's quite powerful, but any hit of any kind interrupts him and he'll need to charge his flame over again. Plus, it doesn't exactly have the range of, say, Eldritch Beam, which is the closest thing I can compare it to really. Phoenix Dash still does 30 with Blaze Dragon, but the explosion at the end of the charge has less area, and only does 17, as opposed to Flame Lord's 24.

I highly recommend Flame Lord. Its escape tactics are quite powerful, the teleport perks are a massive overall upgrade to damage and range, and his Phoenix Dash is also better due to the explosions. Not only that, Flame Lord doesn't have to charge up, and on that same token, does not need to fear being interrupted.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#548 Posted: 05:34:29 26/03/2012
Quote: ghost master
Just wanted to throw it out there, for Slam Bam its very hard to pick a better path. Glacier Yeti is more strategic-wise, while blizzard brawler is more on the full-out side. I myself am happy with Glacier Yeti, for I am more strategic-wise. Either way though, you wont be disappointed with him. He is a power-house either way.

I went Glacier Yeti myself as well. Having a "spell caster" type character that can handle himself in melee is awesome.

Great to hear others agree that Flame Lord is a bit better than Blaze Dragon. While Blaze Dragon does have its merits, those require that you go unharmed to receive the maximum benefit from your flame breath. Flame Lord on the other hand is just plain deadly. Teleport? Pain. Enemies chasing after you? Pain. Enemies where you show up? More pain. It's glorious.

Though, I must ask, how does Flame Lord affect the Phoenix Dash? Which upgrade causes its explosion to do more damage and cover more area?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#549 Posted: 14:26:01 26/03/2012
thanks for the help guys. i hope i will buy a sunburn soon smilie
---
#550 Posted: 15:31:30 26/03/2012
I don't like the teleport path because I don't like to escape, I like to fight my battles not run and it's a pain. And if you build him up all the way and max all his stats and raise his level as high as you can he's unstoppable with his blaze dragon path. And still in my opinion the best fire element.
First | Previous | Page 11 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me