First | Previous | Page 6 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#251 Posted: 00:08:00 21/02/2012
Quote: Landerfan2012
i know wham shell isn't out yet, but could u recomend a upgrade path for him

How can you recommend an upgrade path for wham shell when no one has ever played as him.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:45:06 21/02/2012 by Rays
ghost master Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#252 Posted: 00:22:46 21/02/2012
Yeah, you probably should. I upgraded him fully for both paths and slime serpents much better.
---
I have no ideas for a signature.
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#253 Posted: 00:23:58 21/02/2012
u just said camo. i said wham shell.
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#254 Posted: 00:25:08 21/02/2012
I have some questions regarding my only 8 skylanders, I want to know if I chose the correct path.
Zap~ I chose his Slime Serpent path and I am very happy. I love how the slime slows enemies and shocks them while they are stuck.
Double Trouble~ The path I chose for him is the Channeler and I enjoy it. He is most likely my strongest skylander, but then again he is my only magic element.
Cynder~ For this menacing dragoness I chose her Nether Welder, I haven't gotten all the upgrades (I still need the ghost exploder one), but I must say her range is quite noticeable and the damage isn't bad too.
Stealth Elf~ This stealthy ninja has the Pook Blade Saint path and she is my favorite PvP character and I love her upgrade with the flying blades (Shadowbane Blades isn't it?)
Dino-Rang~ The obsidian armor bearing dino's path is Boomerang Master I don't know if this is the correct name or not, but from my little brother playing him (Which I never seem to get a chance to) he has moderately good damage output and I love how he can control the boomerang.
Drill Sergeant~ I picked his Megadozer upgrades and I think he is okay, but I feel that they could've made him more effective, despite this setback I still like his desgin and the attacks are unique, especially the laser cannon with unlimited ammunition.
Ignitor~ this flame guy was a gift from my older bro and I absolutely love his attacks. I chose his Flame Master? path, my favorite ability is the triple flame mortar and when the first explosion hits, it does about 50 damage for me, plus like 18 for every hit. I think this is a superior path, but what are your opinions?
Whirlwind~ This little unicorn/dragon had me at first sight. Her TEMPEST DRAGON skillset was amazing. The most helpful to me is the Tempest Matrix is it? Anyway I love the connecting and her soul gem proves very helpful in co-op with my little bro, who is prone to getting harmed. smilie

If anyone has any comments, (please only positive comments or what you think they should be, Remember these are my only 8 and I can only get 8 until I Zook, Lightning Rod and Sunburn arrive then my parents will allow me to get them) Thanks for your time to answer these.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#255 Posted: 00:37:02 21/02/2012
Finally! This thread is sticky!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#256 Posted: 00:42:38 21/02/2012
@Angel Wing: Yup, all those are great. Ignitor's is Soul of Flame (the one where it upgrades his attack when he comes out of the armor) and the other is Blademaster, which upgrades his sword. I've tried both of them, but Soul of Flame is much more fun.

Although no one has Camo, I have high hopes for Melon Master to be the best of the 2. Seemed to be one of the cooler attacks from the extended trailer. It's like a combo breath and multi attack.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#257 Posted: 02:04:23 21/02/2012
Anyone know a good path for L-Bash? I like his rolling attack, but I heard his tail path is good.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#258 Posted: 02:12:09 21/02/2012
Quote: Fireballz
Anyone know a good path for L-Bash? I like his rolling attack, but I heard his tail path is good.

Rolling attack is good, but I liked the tail the most. Max charging does 260 points of damage.
---
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#259 Posted: 02:17:32 21/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

Rolling attack is good, but I liked the tail the most. Max charging does 260 points of damage.

Thanks. I'm gonna try both.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#260 Posted: 03:23:36 21/02/2012

Although no one has Camo, I have high hopes for Melon Master to be the best of the 2. Seemed to be one of the cooler attacks from the extended trailer. It's like a combo breath and multi attack.

you mean that attack where he grows a vine along the ground in a line, growing and exploding fruits along it?
yeah, that was actually very interesting.
of all things, it reminds me of the ARX buster weapon for the Raider in tribes:ascend, this very unique mix of delayed damage and area denial.

talk about mind games in PVP
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#261 Posted: 03:40:56 21/02/2012
Has anybody tried the sheild path for Chop chop?
I chose Vampiric warrior but wondering about the other.....
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#262 Posted: 05:37:09 21/02/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
Has anybody tried the sheild path for Chop chop?
I chose Vampiric warrior but wondering about the other.....

It is terrible! I expected more from what it said it did. Please stay on the sword path.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#263 Posted: 15:16:25 21/02/2012
Spyro: Blitz Spyro
Wrecking Ball: Total Tongue
Double Trouble: Channeler
Gill Grunt: Water Weaver
Zap: Tesla Dragon
Trigger Happy: Golden Frenzy
Drill Sergeant Battle-Dozer
Drobot: Master Blaster
Boomer: Demolition Troll
Stealth Elf: Either one and your good
Stump Smash: Like Stealth Elf
Bash: FOR GOD SAES PICK GRANITE!
Dino Rang: Boomerang Master
Prism Break: Crystalyer
Terrafin: Sandhog
Hex: Bone Crafter
Chop Chop: Vampiric Warrior
Flamslinger: Pyromancer
Eruptor: Volcanor
Whirlwind: Ultimate Rainbower
Sonic boom: Siren Griffen
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#264 Posted: 23:51:58 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Sooo, just wondering again, did anyone try Double Trouble's exploding doubles path and like it? Is it as good as Channeler?
---
but i love it all smooth
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#265 Posted: 00:10:20 22/02/2012
It is not as good as Channeler. Magic Bombs are DT's best overall attack, and only on Channeler do they receive a meaningful upgrade. Additionally, the Eldritch Beam boosts turn it into a formidable weapon, while the doubles, even unboosted, aren't all that much different than Conjuror's in terms of overall use. I really would steer clear of Conjuror. It's fun, but it just can't keep up. Think of it as Double Trouble's equivalent of Total Tongue... a blast to play, but go Channeler unless fun truly tops functionality for you.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#266 Posted: 00:19:31 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Alright, just the answer I wanted. Thanks!
---
but i love it all smooth
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#267 Posted: 00:19:33 22/02/2012
I have the doubles path and I like it a lot. It is a lot of fun especially when the doubles start homing in on the enemies, it's really niffty.
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
#268 Posted: 01:47:42 22/02/2012
What one should i choose for smilie?
#269 Posted: 01:50:09 22/02/2012

I really like the charging one.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#270 Posted: 02:22:21 22/02/2012
Thats what iam going to do!
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#271 Posted: 04:54:23 22/02/2012

I went with the Megadozer path because it gives you unlimited ammo and quick firing to your autoblaster cannon. This alone makes him really, really powerful. I've played both paths and the missile one just makes them do more damage and split up, it kinda gets old quick. But the dozer path allows you to dash through any enemy, damage them, then dash back all while blasting them with the auto-blaster. It's really nasty!
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#272 Posted: 04:55:56 22/02/2012
Quote: voodude
Quote: joerox123

I agree EXCEPT for ... don't have a heart attack.... DROBOT. He belongs in the clockwork dragon. I know everyone says the other path is better. But as a clockworker he kills everything in sight!!! On a separate note, cynder is exactly like zap!! they both have lightning! they both have fast damaging paths! so in my opinion the nether welder path SUCKS!! I like the other one better.

whut?
masterblaster drobot kills everything in sight too! you tried it? and the bladegears suck veru much

What's a good path for Wrecking Ball on the Wii?

ultimate spinner. the tongue path is very weak. ultimate spinner is... uhm... i can't say strong but... very annoying for your opponent

I beg to differ. I tried both paths and i killed kaos fasterin the clockwork dragon than the master blaster!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
whirlwindman Green Sparx Gems: 289
#273 Posted: 14:29:05 22/02/2012
Drobot's laser path is much much better it is so good in pvp that it is cheap to use him i have not found a skylander yet that can reliably beat him on this path. What path is best for sonic boom for pvp and why?
---
skylanders I own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking for:smilie
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#274 Posted: 16:32:30 22/02/2012
Quote: whirlwindman
Drobot's laser path is much much better it is so good in pvp that it is cheap to use him i have not found a skylander yet that can reliably beat him on this path. What path is best for sonic boom for pvp and why?

my friend is a beast with baby path. the roar is still powerful, babies are annoying and interrupts a lot of attacks and if he hit me with the egg toss... 80 damage!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#275 Posted: 20:02:28 22/02/2012
Thanks i never knew about the 80 damage thing now i will definately choose medea griffin when I get her
---
skylanders I own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#276 Posted: 20:09:33 22/02/2012
I've read Tashiji and spyroflame's list..but what should I choose for Wrecking Ball?
#277 Posted: 21:33:50 22/02/2012
^ from what I have read and heard this is like the Cynder debate about which path is better so you should pick the path you want to choose like me I chose Shadowdancer path for Cynder when everyone told me to to take nether wielder and i think shadow dancer is way better but anyways this also seems to be true in the case of Wrecking ball so choose whatever path you want to and if you dont like it try the other path
---
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#278 Posted: 21:40:17 22/02/2012
Quote: Brony
I've read Tashiji and spyroflame's list..but what should I choose for Wrecking Ball?

I can't speak for PVP but I recommend tongue path after doing both and resetting.

Tongue path allows you to eventually eat items for life and power up your burp attack. Eat one item and your burp is darker, goes farther, does more damage. Eat two or three and your burp turns read, does 60-90 damage, goes all the way across the screen and through multiple enemies! You can also snag items through certain walls and across gaps. But every time you eat an item or an enemy (soul gem) you get +10 life. So he's a regenerating eating machine.

His forcefield path does more splash damage but it's very difficult to control. You'll be able to roll faster, through enemies, and make the forcefield explode after stopping. But his charged multi-directional burp attack does the same thing so it's kinda like having two of the same attacks. I wasn't happy with the forcefield path because of this and reset him. Now that I'm on the tongue path it feels like it's how Wrecking ball was meant to be played.

While the tongue doesn't do as much damage as his forcefield roll/splash, it's more useful and easier to use in general. Try rolling through knights/high HP baddies and not killing them, only to have them stab you when you stop spinning. Ugh With the tongue I can whack them from a distance and charge my burp to nail them for big damage.
#279 Posted: 21:40:57 22/02/2012
Thanks i never knew about the 80 damage thing now i will definately choose medea griffin when I get her

bu it didn't happen every time... you need some manual ability... my friend is very good at this
---
#280 Posted: 00:12:39 23/02/2012
well with a little practice it will be good also i do this with prism breaks crystals so i probably cand do this thank you for the help
---
cooliothex Green Sparx Gems: 410
#281 Posted: 00:22:20 23/02/2012
For Sonic Boom, I picked Medea Griffin. I thought that the roar was already powerful enough, and after trying both paths I thought the more boom upgrade actually made the roar harder to use
---
I have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
For the wind!
#282 Posted: 02:46:55 23/02/2012
I know most of these skylanders have been adressed earlier but i would like people to write strongly worded messages about why crystaleer is better than prismancer, soul of flame is better than blademaster, dozer path for drill sergeant better then rocket path and finally why sea slimes path is better then tesla dragon so my friend mulhollinman can see why i have been telling him these paths are worse but he won't listen to me so i would like your help... remember as strongly worded as the forums will allow
---
mulhollinman Green Sparx Gems: 120
#283 Posted: 03:08:40 23/02/2012
I know most of these skylanders have been adressed earlier but i would like people to write strongly worded messages about why crystaleer is better than prismancer, soul of flame is better than blademaster, dozer path for drill sergeant better then rocket path and finally why sea slimes path is better then tesla dragon so my friend mulhollinman can see why i have been telling him these paths are worse but he won't listen to me so i would like your help... remember as strongly worded as the forums will allow

this is impossibru since those paths stink
problem?
#284 Posted: 03:51:08 23/02/2012

Strongly-worded message: These paths are better in the same way electric lighting is better than a candle; the same way that penicillin is better than using leeches, or a baseball bat can hit more home runs than just bouncing the ball off your forehead.

Seriously, these are some of the most open-and-shut cases in the game.
#285 Posted: 03:58:28 23/02/2012
That's what I've been saying thank you tashiji
---
#286 Posted: 04:16:14 23/02/2012
i like the paths ive taken and they work for me and my tactics and i will always be able to beat u whirlwind man no matter wat paths u choose (were friends IRL)
#287 Posted: 04:17:03 23/02/2012
There's nothing wrong with liking the paths you've taken. Skylanders is more about fun than functionality.
#288 Posted: 04:23:00 23/02/2012
thats wat im tellin whirlwind man but all he thinks about is function i go with my gut and have fun i will agree that some paths hes chosen are better than the ones i did but who cares this game is awesome
#289 Posted: 04:41:02 23/02/2012
I agree this game is awesome and I don't actually have anything against the other paths besides personal dislike but I mostly wanted to see how many people would agree with me and what mulhollinman's reaction would besmilie I love this game and I don't only care about functionality but now for a serious question topic related what path do you think is best for ghost roaster and why cuz Im leaning towards ectoplasm path but I kinda want some feedback thanks
---
#290 Posted: 13:12:50 23/02/2012
well as i told u i picked ectoplasm first than i swithced cause it doesnt do much espically in battle since I never use it but u might wanna pick it since u spread out ur upgrades more
#291 Posted: 21:38:07 23/02/2012
Quote: Landerfan2012
i know wham shell isn't out yet, but could u recomend a upgrade path for him

oh yeah i want to speculate about unreleased skylanders too:
warnado: eye of the storm gives you more options imo. and mini warnados seems fun
lightning rod: lightning lord with lightning avatar looks awesome.
sun-burn: uhm. thought choice. i think blaze dragon, with infinite flame and intense heat, may be a little better. the teleport one is good too.
wham shell: meh to the proiectile path. he's not a distance character. go with captain crustacean and for improved aoe and combos!
camo: oh. i really have no ideas about him. i need to test this guy.
zook: artilleryman seems strong but boring. i want a cactus barrier!
---
#292 Posted: 22:13:23 23/02/2012
@voodude i think the blaze dragon path for sunburn sounds awesome im definatly picking that 1
#293 Posted: 22:17:19 23/02/2012
I agree I think the blaze dragon is going to be best by far also I think for camo watermelons will be best path cuz idk about everyone else but being invincible for a while and shooting watermelons in every direction sounds like a cheap way to get some hits in and not get hit yourself
---
cooliothex Green Sparx Gems: 410
#294 Posted: 21:29:10 24/02/2012
Which Path for Flameslinger and cynder. I got flameslinger today and cynder is shipping soon.
---
I have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
For the wind!
#295 Posted: 21:31:53 24/02/2012
Quote: cooliothex
Which Path for Flameslinger and cynder. I got flameslinger today and cynder is shipping soon.

For Flameslinger, I chose Marksman just because Pyromancer's thing is a nightmare to set up. Plus you can pretty much get rid of anything in the same amount of time with the arrows.

Cynder I chose Netherwelder. It turns her into one of the more powerful characters in the game.
---
#296 Posted: 22:39:40 24/02/2012
Nether welder for Cynder. Defently Netherwelder.
I choose the None arrow path (forgot what it is called)
and i have no regret.
#297 Posted: 23:19:46 24/02/2012
I prefer Pyromancer on Flameslinger, but that's because, in PVP, a single and more powerful arrow is better than a spreadshot. If you're picking for Story Mode, however, the exact opposite is true, and Marksman is far superior. Pick based in what mode you play.
ghost master Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#298 Posted: 00:54:05 25/02/2012
Anyone know the better path for trigger happy? I really dont want to screw up for legendary trigger happy.
---
I have no ideas for a signature.
#299 Posted: 01:41:16 25/02/2012
Quote: ghost master
Anyone know the better path for trigger happy? I really dont want to screw up for legendary trigger happy.

From what it seems, The.. uh. Golden Pot one is the best for PvP.

Personally, I loved the guns, so I went with the Golden Frenzy or whatever it's called. It's especially fun if you're on the Wii in which you can spin the Nunchuck's analog stick around and continuously shoot coins in all directions, AND have them bounce off of walls.
---
#300 Posted: 01:51:07 25/02/2012
Quote: ghost master

From what it seems, The.. uh. Golden Pot one is the best for PvP.

Personally, I loved the guns, so I went with the Golden Frenzy or whatever it's called. It's especially fun if you're on the Wii in which you can spin the Nunchuck's analog stick around and continuously shoot coins in all directions, AND have them bounce off of walls.

LOL thats what I like about that path. smilie
---

First | Previous | Page 6 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me