First | Previous | Page 8 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#351 Posted: 04:49:19 29/02/2012
I just took Bone Crafter Path for Hex and it really is amazing. That spikey bone wall kills so many enemies. She really can be useful with that path. I also took Sonic Boom's Baby Path and it was amazing. The wind path sucks because of the fact that it doesnt do much to your wind unless is bounces off something. The wind attack alone upgraded max before a new path is amazing.
---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#352 Posted: 13:43:42 29/02/2012
brawler terrafin is still overpowered. and the mini-shark shield is very annoying for your opponent
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#353 Posted: 20:31:27 29/02/2012
Quote: voodude
brawler terrafin is still overpowered. and the mini-shark shield is very annoying for your opponent

But Sandhog is even more overpowered.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#354 Posted: 20:48:02 29/02/2012
@ dwattzdrummer About hex, yes you are pretty much correct.Almost no flaws.A 180 degrees wall imbued with 20 contact damage and a not too shabby health.
Also, the possibility of an "infinite" skull rain makes it the only set to deal considerable damage to sandhog terrafin, possibly even beating it.
That is, if the burrowing is not infinite.

just don't hammer me(this is for other users).Let's be rational, guys.If terrafin gets out, it might be long enough to land a couple of skulls.
Eventually, he's gone.Not saying it's impossible to beat hex, it's just that fully upgraded, it has a sped up setup, mantains be stable orb fire rate, and has a contact hazard(spike wall).It's a pretty good package.The orb one...not much so, but not bad either.I mean, range, damage and blast are also pretty sweet, considering the possible rate(mashing with correct timing).
All in all, Hex is a well-balanced character
---
Gotcha!
mulhollinman Green Sparx Gems: 120
#355 Posted: 22:18:53 29/02/2012
Quote: whirlwindman
I find sandhog sort of hard to use could anyone suggest some strategies please

although i picked brawler and think its better i will help you since you are my friend ( and because i am a master strategist)
first obviously stay undergorund as long as you can where you have the advantage dont even really use bounce pads just stay underground and go back as soon as you forcibly pop up.
next use the mini sharks to your advantage you can have more than one set of sharks at a time and it becomes easier to fire them underground. just mash the shoot button for the sharks like drobot or trig and it will send a wave of homing minisharks at your opponent that they will then have to get off.
Finnaly when your opponent has minisharks stuck to them go hit them with your razor fin then pop up with your belly flop deeling a huge 60 something damage on top of minisharks and your dorsal fin.
Quickly go back under and repeat till opponent is no more.
Terrafins soul gem willl also help you since you will not need to go above ground to get food and possibly items idk though.
chopchop Blue Sparx Gems: 552
#356 Posted: 02:09:07 01/03/2012
Quote:
IGNITOR: The Soul of Flame path is probably the best thing ever. When jumping out of your body to do the attack, you can also stay around for a bit, and continue doing damage. Wipes out most of the weak-medium strength enemies in seconds.

I have to argue with you you can get 80 damage from the sword charge some freaking good combos and a 40 damage sword in sword path
---
This user has died
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#357 Posted: 02:20:13 01/03/2012
The 50-damage mortars can all three hit at once, for 150 in a single shot. The explosion of your flame soul does 38. Just running things over provides additional damage. The numbers favor Soul of the Flame. However, speed is the main reason to pick the path. By the time Battlemaster slowly waddles over to his foes, Soul of the Flame will have massacred the entire room with time to spare. Also, doing high damage without ever getting close is amazing in PVP, forming a harsh counter to a huge number of characters. Battlemaster may have a sword, but that's about all it has going for it.
#358 Posted: 18:34:17 01/03/2012
But hey, in the coolness factor, the victor is obvious:in a coolness match sword vs flame goes pretty much assured for sword.
Also, there are always those who are original and outside-the-box.I commend those who think besides the obvious, besides the damage, besides the usability...
---
Gotcha!
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#359 Posted: 19:19:56 01/03/2012
Quote: HexDisciple
Also, there are always those who are original and outside-the-box.I commend those who think besides the obvious, besides the damage, besides the usability...

I agree with this outlook.
it's one of the reasons why I personally prefer paths like Soul of the Flame, Water Weaver, Slime Serpent and Crystaleer.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:21:41 01/03/2012 by EgoNaut
whirlwindman Green Sparx Gems: 289
#360 Posted: 21:02:36 01/03/2012
^ How is this an agreement to what HexDisciple said because these are all the paths that are the most recommended... did you do that on purpose?
---
skylanders I own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking for:smilie
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#361 Posted: 01:34:54 02/03/2012
Quote: PinkWater

Her, and this is kinda random, but I've seen Sunburn's upgrades and I think the Flamethrower path is insanely overpowered. Am I wrong?

meh meh meh. here we go:
Infinite Flame: Endlessly use the Flamethrower Breath attack> cool. if you can move while doing it, it's broken. if you can't it's "just good"
Intense Heat: Hold the Flamethrow Breath attack longer for extra damage> we need to test the numbers before smilie
Phoenix Grand Blaze: Hold Flamethrower Breath long enough to be surrounded by flame and do extra damage> wow. i guess it will be useful only if you are surrounded by chompies.
so i think he will be powerful, but still less powerful than, for example, sandhog terrafin.

Yes, that's what I meant; to ask if you can move while blowing flames forever. And that is very disappointing that you can't.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#362 Posted: 12:07:52 02/03/2012

Her, and this is kinda random, but I've seen Sunburn's upgrades and I think the Flamethrower path is insanely overpowered. Am I wrong?

meh meh meh. here we go:
Infinite Flame: Endlessly use the Flamethrower Breath attack> cool. if you can move while doing it, it's broken. if you can't it's "just good"
Intense Heat: Hold the Flamethrow Breath attack longer for extra damage> we need to test the numbers before smilie
Phoenix Grand Blaze: Hold Flamethrower Breath long enough to be surrounded by flame and do extra damage> wow. i guess it will be useful only if you are surrounded by chompies.
so i think he will be powerful, but still less powerful than, for example, sandhog terrafin.

Yes, that's what I meant; to ask if you can move while blowing flames forever. And that is very disappointing that you can't.

Actually, you can move while blowing flames.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#363 Posted: 14:41:27 02/03/2012
Quote: whirlwindman
^ How is this an agreement to what HexDisciple said because these are all the paths that are the most recommended... did you do that on purpose?

I wasn't trying to do anything on purpose, I think I actually just misunderstood HexDisciple's post, so I see what you mean and I feel a bit guilty for it now. smilie

What I meant is that I like it when people see what they can do with the upgrade paths you think would be less obvious for a character, instead of just choosing the path for the most obvious or least complicated primary attack.
For example, when using Gill Grunt early on, his water attack is fiddly and useless while his harpoon attack is quite powerful, so many choose his Harpooner path because of it, but if you think outside the box and go Water Weaver instead, you'll be surprised how much fun you end up having.
The same goes for Ignitor: He's a slow armoured guy who runs around with a big sword with a gimmicky fire spirit attack on the side. It feels kind of logical to upgrade his sword attacks because it seems like that's what he was made for, but it turns out Soul of the Flame is very fun as well.

My old argument from earlier on in this thread holds true: Just because one of a character's attacks is boring early on doesn't mean you shouldn't upgrade it, because choosing the upgrade path for that boring attack might turn it in to something interesting.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#364 Posted: 02:47:03 03/03/2012
Helped HEAPS
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
#365 Posted: 14:23:55 03/03/2012
OK, so for sonic boom I'll get medea griffin...ive got to be honest...I didn't like the charge attack that much...it went from 39(uncharged)to 45(charged).The only true advantage is that no aim is required at close range...then again, you can just use the normal roar and rotate very fast and it'll spread from around 45º range to about 180º...so, no true avantages there.
---
Gotcha!
Caramelted Red Sparx Gems: 93
#366 Posted: 19:15:35 03/03/2012
We are all saying that this path is far better than that, but perhaps there is no better path. Of course, some Skylanders may have paths that are definitely their best. But perhaps it comes down to personal opinion and personal skill for most of them. For example, Voodood-either path makes him a great character. But you may be better at combos and melee rather than trapping enemies. It is not always determined by the power of the character, but sometimes it is how you use them that makes them better.
---
I'll let the flames begin!
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#367 Posted: 03:20:12 04/03/2012
Bravo!
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#368 Posted: 15:40:41 04/03/2012
Which path should i choose for Stealth elf and SonicBoom?
Also is Blitz spyro and Bashes rolling path any good? Because i just
got tje legendarys and wondering if i should try differnt paths
#369 Posted: 15:56:29 04/03/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
Which path should i choose for Stealth elf and SonicBoom?
Also is Blitz spyro and Bashes rolling path any good? Because i just
got tje legendarys and wondering if i should try differnt paths

stealth elf: blades one
sonic boom: for pvp go with babies. for pve siren griffin
for spyro and bash both paths are good
---
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#370 Posted: 16:56:14 04/03/2012
Quote: Rays

meh meh meh. here we go:

With the Flamethrower upgrade? Sweet! smilie
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#371 Posted: 19:59:43 04/03/2012

waitwaitwait. how do you know? sunburn isn't out yet. i think you will able to move but VERY slowly. like trigger happy or flameslinger while they are charging
---
#372 Posted: 21:25:57 04/03/2012

waitwaitwait. how do you know? sunburn isn't out yet. i think you will able to move but VERY slowly. like trigger happy or flameslinger while they are charging

No, you move the same speed as normal while blowing flames.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#373 Posted: 22:31:29 04/03/2012
I recommend Clockwork dragon for drobot. It is so much fun.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#374 Posted: 00:57:06 05/03/2012
How much damage does Siren griffin Do?
#375 Posted: 15:35:38 05/03/2012

No, you move the same speed as normal while blowing flames.

sorry i can't believe it until i see it. because the only sunburn i can see now (evil boss) doesn't move.
---
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#376 Posted: 16:37:24 05/03/2012
Another thread has a video of sunburn, which can move while blowing flames. I think it's called sunburn pics.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#377 Posted: 18:51:27 05/03/2012
Quote: Geekycat
Another thread has a video of sunburn, which can move while blowing flames. I think it's called sunburn pics.

uhm i can't find it, but it should be called "it's official: sunburn is overpowered"
---
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#378 Posted: 18:56:51 05/03/2012

uhm i can't find it, but it should be called "it's official: sunburn is overpowered"

Here:
Dragon's Peak pics.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#379 Posted: 21:52:04 05/03/2012
Quote: Deandria

Here:
Dragon's Peak pics.

oh. my god... that sunburn... i want him. the teleport path seems also powerful for pvp
---
#380 Posted: 00:06:18 06/03/2012
Ok So What on does more damage In STORY mode for smilie
I was going to go for babies then i was like Ummm...
#381 Posted: 01:38:43 06/03/2012
Go for whichever one you like!!smilie
Dunno if this will be accounted for, but with the charge attack(siren), you can (REALLY REALLY really literally)walk on water.
It's real funny.Believe me, I have done that.
But, go for whichever.
The upgrades are:
Siren:-Waves, after colliding with an enemy or destructable object(urns, etc), create a circular shockwave around the collision site.
-Roaring at eggs(press secondary attck button, then, really quick, press primary attck button) causes a shockwave(no damage, but considerable pushing power...kinda like power hose drained of damage, but you won't have to aim!!)that pushes enemies and other players away.
And finally
-Charge attack(charged attack targets all around you)(also lets you walk on water while charging)
Medea:-Throw all eggs at once(three at first, four later if you follow this path)
-Have 4 babies active
-Hatch all of them fully grown and faster attack.

Note:The only reason you want the charge attacks would be for the angle it covers and for walking in water, because it only raises the damage by 6.
Hope it helped smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
Gotcha!
#382 Posted: 01:46:40 06/03/2012
So the damage stays the same on siren griffin?
I guess ill go with the babies
Thanks for the help!
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#383 Posted: 03:09:41 06/03/2012
I refuse to try the "babies" route for sonic boom.... you charge up her roar and it Shreds.... you stand next to a bunch of barrels or enemies and do the charged roar.... the whole screen fills up with her shockwaves when they expand. Probably my favorite attack overall.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#384 Posted: 03:26:52 06/03/2012 | Topic Creator
If you want God Tier characters (or PVP), I'd go with Siren, but if you want to play for fun I'd go with the babies.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:27:02 06/03/2012 by LevanJess
#385 Posted: 04:03:45 06/03/2012
The babies themselves are not the biggest offensive perk of Medea Griffon; rather, it's the egg grenades themselves, and the fact that it expands Sonic Boom's attacks to three dimensions rather than a single level. Her babies are only a minor nuisance, and while they help, it's not ground breakingly useful the way that a high-damage hurling attack (just throwing the eggs for damage and not for babies) is. The fact that the babies respawn fully grown from egg bombs is just a nice, added bonus.

I do prefer Tempest Griffon myself, but Medea isn't solely for fun. When played for her own offensive attacks and not simply by depending on the babies, she's a force on this path.
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#386 Posted: 04:56:19 06/03/2012
The babies are very helpful, but kind of weak. but when u go on the baby path, ur primary move still kicks butt
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#387 Posted: 14:35:48 06/03/2012
Thanks for the help!
#388 Posted: 17:52:42 06/03/2012
siren griffin is very good against multiple enemies, but nothing else
---
#389 Posted: 23:37:59 06/03/2012
Should i go for the sheeld path for smilie?
Or is it that Bad?
#390 Posted: 00:56:29 07/03/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
Should i go for the sheeld path for smilie?
Or is it that Bad?

Sword path is better.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#391 Posted: 00:58:52 07/03/2012
Well yeah i have Vampiric warrior for regular chopchop So it SUCKS alot then?
Like would i be crazy if i chose it?
MermaidKelly Green Sparx Gems: 444
#392 Posted: 01:56:17 07/03/2012
Can I get some pros and cons for Eruptor's paths? I'm thinking Volcanor based on what I've read so far, but I like using his punch attacks... Also Stump Smash...Is Nut Crafter the way to go? Or is the other path good? Thanks!
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#393 Posted: 02:24:19 07/03/2012
Nut Crafter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#394 Posted: 02:27:47 07/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I like the Nut Crafter one, mostly for the ability to allow those plants to grow on enemies, which slows them down quite a bit.
---
but i love it all smooth
MermaidKelly Green Sparx Gems: 444
#395 Posted: 02:39:30 07/03/2012
Thanks! Ok, I'll go with Nut Crafter. I've heard a lot of good about it...Eruptor though? Hmm...
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#396 Posted: 04:02:58 07/03/2012
Quote: MermaidKelly
Thanks! Ok, I'll go with Nut Crafter. I've heard a lot of good about it...Eruptor though? Hmm...

I went down magmantor path (pretty sure that's what it is called) first for Eruptor, and reset him. Volcanor is awesome, especially on the Wii because it fires quicker than the other console versions from what I have read.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:32:39 08/03/2012 by Himewad
#397 Posted: 05:13:46 07/03/2012
Yes, go Volcanor. Especially on the Wii. As Himewad is saying, the eruption is instant, and does incredible damage. Guaranteed to defeat melee brawlers in PVP!
Gemma Green Sparx Gems: 123
#398 Posted: 14:00:19 07/03/2012
I found Sonic Boom's baby upgrades really useful. They practically beat the game for me! I was really failing at trying to defeat Kaos and stay alive at the same time. Then, when I tried it with Sonic Boom I let the babies finish off Kaos while I just concentrated on not dying. They don't do much damage per hit, but when you've got four of them constantly attacking one thing they are pretty handy to have around!
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Spyro's Universe Name: Crystal Waterfalls
ghost master Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#399 Posted: 23:32:04 07/03/2012
Whats the best path for Slam Bam? I went down the icicle prison path but i want to know what other people think.
---
I have no ideas for a signature.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:38:29 16/03/2012 by ghost master
#400 Posted: 23:43:34 07/03/2012
I chose Blizzard brawler. And he does some major damage And gets really awesome armor
First | Previous | Page 8 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me