First | Previous | Page 12 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37 38 39
Upgrade Paths Recommendation Thread [STICKY]
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#551 Posted: 15:49:00 26/03/2012
Quote: Sisqo4ever
I don't like the teleport path because I don't like to escape, I like to fight my battles not run and it's a pain. And if you build him up all the way and max all his stats and raise his level as high as you can he's unstoppable with his blaze dragon path. And still in my opinion the best fire element.

you know sometimes isn't escape, it's strategic retreat smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sisqo4ever Green Sparx Gems: 162
#552 Posted: 15:58:01 26/03/2012
Stealth elf does the same thing, I only need one like that. I'm very happy with the blaze dragon path.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#553 Posted: 19:06:11 26/03/2012
I don't like the teleport path because I don't like to escape, I like to fight my battles not run and it's a pain. And if you build him up all the way and max all his stats and raise his level as high as you can he's unstoppable with his blaze dragon path. And still in my opinion the best fire element.

The same could be said of Flame Lord, maxing out his stats.

But really, it all comes down to playstyle and if you like the in your facenesss of Blaze Dragon, then by all means, go Blaze Dragon and go out in a blaze of glory!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#554 Posted: 19:41:58 26/03/2012
Igniter isn't as good. Max both stats out and play each of them and you will see.
#555 Posted: 20:35:18 26/03/2012
Stealth elf does the same thing, I only need one like that. I'm very happy with the blaze dragon path.

O.o if you are escaping with stealth elf, you are doing it wrong
---
#556 Posted: 21:30:07 26/03/2012
No but u can use her to escape is what I'm saying. And you really can't with sunburn because they come right after you.
#557 Posted: 19:31:11 27/03/2012
meh, just discovered sunburn sunburn slow down while breathing flames with the blaze dragon path...
---
Markster91 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#558 Posted: 21:41:39 28/03/2012
I am stuck with choosing a path for Drill Sergent and Lightning Rod. I chose the charge for DS and the grand lightning for LR but I am not sure if those were the right choices. Any suggestions?
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#559 Posted: 22:51:48 28/03/2012
Quote: Markster91
I am stuck with choosing a path for Drill Sergent and Lightning Rod. I chose the charge for DS and the grand lightning for LR but I am not sure if those were the right choices. Any suggestions?

Depends. What version?
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#560 Posted: 23:05:32 28/03/2012
Quote: Markster91

Lightning Rod: Lightning Lord
Drill Sergeant: MegaDozer on PS3/Xbox/PC, either path on Wii
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#561 Posted: 23:05:51 28/03/2012
smilie Conjuror (exploding dubles)
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#562 Posted: 02:55:37 29/03/2012
What about Lightning Rod and Zook? I would to know what I should choose when I get them. Oh yeah, and Slam Bam and Sunburn?
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#563 Posted: 03:28:51 29/03/2012
Lightning Rod - Typhoon Titan

Zook - Floral Defender

Floral Defender puts zook in top tier he is like hex but 100 times better i think the only other time i killed chaos as fast as i did was with steath elf or terrafin.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#564 Posted: 05:27:27 29/03/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks
What about Lightning Rod and Zook? I would to know what I should choose when I get them. Oh yeah, and Slam Bam and Sunburn?

Slam Bam I've found to be good on either path, so it's all a matter of playing style. I personally use him as a melee character, so I have him with Blizzard Brawler. Glacier Yeti is good too though.

Sunburn wreaks havoc on the Flame Lord path. Apparently one of his upgrades on his Blaze Dragon path causes him to slow down when breathing fire. With Flame Lord, you can virtually avoid most of the attacks. Coupled with his Phoenix Dash (which does 30 damage with the Soul Gem upgrade) he is pretty much unstoppable.
HexDisciple Green Sparx Gems: 249
#565 Posted: 13:13:56 29/03/2012
I just tried Gill Grunt's Water Weaver Path and I must say, it is deceptively good.I beat a clone-spamming Double Trouble, and the clones couldn't touch me because of my Water Hose.The Neptune Gun, if mahed at the right time, gives it a MUCH, MUCH faster rate of fire than the harpoons, not to mention power.
Let's see, the harpoons in their upgrade path deal 28 damage each, save from mistakes.
The hose, in its upgrade path, deals around 10 damage, plus 20 from the starfish gun.That adds up to...30.So, unless you are a born sniper, I strongly advise you pick Water Weaver.
Besides, you can clear a path between crowds with the infinite capacity of water.Oh, did I mention you get a flight-like ability?
Just my opinion.Feel free to try Harpooner.I have and I was satisfied too.
If I did help anyone, always a pleasure.
If I haven't, I'll try to next time.
---
Gotcha!
#566 Posted: 16:44:59 29/03/2012
Quote: Stealth Elf 32

while conjuror is still strong, channeler makes double trouble one of the best character of the game. for me he has the same power of stealth elf or drobot.
---
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#567 Posted: 00:10:37 30/03/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight
Lightning Rod - Typhoon Titan

Zook - Floral Defender

Floral Defender puts zook in top tier he is like hex but 100 times better i think the only other time i killed chaos as fast as i did was with steath elf or terrafin.

What are the upsides of floral defender?
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#568 Posted: 00:49:21 30/03/2012
nothing will ever get close to you
mushrooms turn to cacti causing massive dmg per second and slows the enemy down give you plenty of time to just mash you standard attack
your mortar attack gains the effect of when you fire it and the missiles hit the ground the they turn into cacti allowing for extra dmg this plus your soul gem moving causing your mortar attack to split into 3 can be very devastating
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#569 Posted: 00:59:55 30/03/2012
Floral Defender's cacti do huge damage. The initial hit on contact, plus additional hits for every tick as long as you touch the cacti. If you are caught in the middle, this multiplies at an insane pace.

Cacti have a bounceback effect, which repels oncoming foes while also doing damage to them.

His Soul Gem, the final MIRV upgrade, allows splitting mortars that create a cactus on each landing, up to twice before they begin to respawn.

Since Artilleryman doesn't get a MIRV damage upgrade, mortars from both builds do the same damage, and only Floral Defender's spawn cacti.

Even the standard shot, which is the only thing you upgrade on the Artilleryman path, doesn't do much less damage on Floral Defender. 10/12~ish, I believe... not significant enough.

Floral Defender is a beast of epic proportions. He's not as good as Stealth Elf, but don't think that's a slight against him. Zook is the first truly viable defensive character, because his defenses also happen to do enormous damage. Artilleryman, on the other hand, is just another projectile character in the same game as Drobot.

There are nothing BUT upsides to Floral Defender. One of the better overall builds in the game, and probably the strongest of any build of the three new champions.
#570 Posted: 21:48:38 30/03/2012
O.....M........F......G...
I got good marks for this term and my mother is gonna buy me the last of the poster, smilie.
Gonna try both paths.
BTW, can its warp traverse gaps?
I have to request that you do not comment on the path.I have seen all the posts/replies on smilie
I know the path they advise.
And honestly, just the warp itself is pretty awesome, scarecrow or no scarecrow.
---
Gotcha!
#571 Posted: 01:04:24 31/03/2012
No, you cannot traverse gaps while in stealth mode, unfortunately.
#572 Posted: 01:25:31 31/03/2012
Quote: voodude
Quote: Stealth Elf 32

while conjuror is still strong, channeler makes double trouble one of the best character of the game. for me he has the same power of stealth elf or drobot.

I like it cuz your dubles increase 4X in height!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
Deadpool4 Green Sparx Gems: 106
#573 Posted: 02:47:07 31/03/2012
If I could only get one, which of the new releases should I get?
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#574 Posted: 03:01:00 31/03/2012
^ Zook. I do not have him, but the floral defender path from what I hear makes him a great character
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Deadpool4 Green Sparx Gems: 106
#575 Posted: 03:06:08 31/03/2012
Thanks. I just have to say sunburn on flame lord path is amazing, maybe comparable to terrafin based on how hard it is to hit him.
#576 Posted: 11:42:50 01/04/2012
i'd like to know something about lightining rod in pvp
---
#577 Posted: 17:54:22 01/04/2012
Lightning Rod is pretty mediocre in PVP. Lord of the Lightning's Grand Lightning is highly interruptable, and does a lot less damage than the similar Soul of the Flame Ignitor. Not only that, Lightning Rod's not formidable up close like Ignitor is, so there's little he can do to deflect the rush. Zapper satellites don't do enough damage to put away a charging opponent either, if you've chosen Typhoon Titan. TT has added trouble with ranged characters too, due to his VERY low damage-per-hit. His zapper shield won't deter anyone at close range on either build.

So, to sum it up, Lord of the Lightning is pretty good against ranged attackers if you can find any cover on the map, but falls apart against anything close-range. Typhoon Titan is a sitting duck against ranged attackers, and doesn't fare incredibly well up-close either. Unfortunately, Rod is not a great PVPer, and adds to a list of now three Wind champions who can't beat the Earth types they're supposed to be strong to.
#578 Posted: 18:46:52 01/04/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Lightning Rod is pretty mediocre in PVP. Lord of the Lightning's Grand Lightning is highly interruptable, and does a lot less damage than the similar Soul of the Flame Ignitor. Not only that, Lightning Rod's not formidable up close like Ignitor is, so there's little he can do to deflect the rush. Zapper satellites don't do enough damage to put away a charging opponent either, if you've chosen Typhoon Titan. TT has added trouble with ranged characters too, due to his VERY low damage-per-hit. His zapper shield won't deter anyone at close range on either build.

So, to sum it up, Lord of the Lightning is pretty good against ranged attackers if you can find any cover on the map, but falls apart against anything close-range. Typhoon Titan is a sitting duck against ranged attackers, and doesn't fare incredibly well up-close either. Unfortunately, Rod is not a great PVPer, and adds to a list of now three Wind champions who can't beat the Earth types they're supposed to be strong to.

thank you. sad to know this.
---
#579 Posted: 23:52:47 01/04/2012
Sad to find it out...
#580 Posted: 20:47:17 02/04/2012
Yeah...I thought he was worth it...pity...For someone in close resemblance to Zeus, it's a pretty big deception.
---
Gotcha!
whirlwindman Green Sparx Gems: 289
#581 Posted: 00:45:12 03/04/2012
My brother had high hopes for lightning rod as well but apparently he isn't that good so now he is super bummed out it's too bad really. I mean for a storm giant shouldn't he be amazing? Also since he was the champion of his race what does this say about the rest of his kind smilie
---
skylanders I own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking for:smilie
#582 Posted: 01:07:11 03/04/2012
Lightning Rod is phenomenal in PVE. Easily the best Wind champion by far if you're playing story. Even though he's mediocre in PVP and eclipsed at remote control attack by Ignitor regardless of play mode, he's far from worthless. Not every character is great at both modes, or even either one; at least Rod has PVE.
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#583 Posted: 01:48:32 03/04/2012
Why are people saying Sunburn slows doen on the flame path. I did that path and he still walks the same pace when blowing flames. Plus, its very powerful. Is this a glitch or not?

On a side note which path is better for Terrafin?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#584 Posted: 01:49:53 03/04/2012
It might be a version difference and not a glitch. Which version do you play on?
#585 Posted: 03:10:00 03/04/2012
XBOX360
---
#586 Posted: 17:10:18 03/04/2012
Lightning Rod is phenomenal in PVE. Easily the best Wind champion by far if you're playing story. Even though he's mediocre in PVP and eclipsed at remote control attack by Ignitor regardless of play mode, he's far from worthless. Not every character is great at both modes, or even either one; at least Rod has PVE.

too bad i don't care for pve because every character is good for it smilie

Quote: joerox123
Why are people saying Sunburn slows doen on the flame path. I did that path and he still walks the same pace when blowing flames. Plus, its very powerful. Is this a glitch or not?

when you hold your flame and they charge for the max, sunburn should be slowed (like every other character ex gill grunt, flamslinger, trigger happy)
for terrafin go with sandhog, but if you like aggressive characters and melee fights you can try brawler
---
#587 Posted: 20:55:28 03/04/2012
smilie Is GREAT WITH THE swords, but the sheids make him SUPER-POROXIMANTAL BEAST!!!!
---
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#588 Posted: 02:05:26 04/04/2012
Which path for smilie??
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#589 Posted: 02:11:39 04/04/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
Which path for smilie??

Both paths are very solid, but if I had to pick the best I would go with Magmantor (I think that's what it's called.)
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#590 Posted: 04:03:37 04/04/2012

too bad i don't care for pve because every character is good for it smilie

Quote: joerox123

when you hold your flame and they charge for the max, sunburn should be slowed (like every other character ex gill grunt, flamslinger, trigger happy)
for terrafin go with sandhog, but if you like aggressive characters and melee fights you can try brawler

No he doesnt. I still dontmseeit. But what are the upsides for sandhog
---
#591 Posted: 04:15:37 04/04/2012
Sandhog pros:

Faster tunneling.
Fin, while underground, does contact damage.
Able to shoot homing sharks from underground.

Short list, but in-game, that short list is the difference between average melee and God-tier character.
#592 Posted: 12:05:08 04/04/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
Which path for smilie??

Both are good, but I "Volcanor", with the eruptions. Pick the one that comes from your heart.
---
#593 Posted: 18:36:22 04/04/2012
I am...speechless.
I should've prepared by soul for this.Stealth Elf's power is...is...terrifying.With no health restore, I bested my brother's Flameslinger 5 times(4 of these in a row).
Well, I've calmed down.Wow, you guys weren't fooling around.Pook Blade Saint IS a God.I don't think even Hex can escape its attacks.This is my opinion, and if you check my Hex opinion on around page 9-10, I say she can beat a Sandhog Terrafin.
It's easily the best of the best...wow...I'm still perplexed at her power.
With all the upgrades, the stealth attack deals 48 and the standard slashes deal 12.Still, I wonder if a scarecrow is the best decoy...For Stealth Elf at least.
Howere strange this might seem, the scarecrow saved me from...3 Yamato Blasts(smilie), 2 Supernovas(smilie), and about 5 arrows and 2 Inferno Blasts.In PvP.
It's Soul Gem could be faster but it's nice even like that.
When I met Kaos' Stump Smash(correction:Ent), it chose the opening phrase "Here comes the smash"or something likes this.In response, I exclaimed "Here comes the own"...6 Seconds later, i'm absorbing his experience wisps.Amazing.
See ya.
PS: OMG smilie
---
Gotcha!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:54 04/04/2012 by HexDisciple
WhirlWindLover Green Sparx Gems: 318
#594 Posted: 18:38:58 04/04/2012
Can someone help me,
I'm not sure which path to go with on my Whirl Wind,
She's my absolute favorite and I've heard he rainbows are strong but her clouds are better.
I just wanna know which is cooler.
---
I read on mytholgy, dragons and griffins. Unicorns too!
smilie Twists of Fury! smilie
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#595 Posted: 18:46:16 04/04/2012
^Tempest is stronger, but I find rainbow better. Rainbow Singularity is easily the most fun charge attack, and the rainbows do 22 a pop.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#596 Posted: 18:50:48 04/04/2012

Short list, but in-game, that short list is the difference between average melee and God-tier character.

*cough* he's still the best melee character after stealth elf...

Quote: HexDisciple
if you check my Hex opinion on around page 9-10, I say she can beat a Sandhog Terrafin.

how so? because i really can't see hex winning even against brawler terrafin

Quote: WhirlWindLover
Can someone help me,
She's my absolute favorite and I've heard he rainbows are strong but her clouds are better.

tempest matrix has huge dps. like zap's slime, but with 30 damage per second instead of 6
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:30 04/04/2012 by voodude
#597 Posted: 19:10:27 04/04/2012
@voodude

Uhh.Spamming Skull Rain and Phantom orbs behing upgraded walls?
Unless the swim is infinite...Inform me if it is.
If it is...Scratch that, ignore it, whatever.I shall concede defeat.But if it is not...there might be a chance.
But you have to admit SE stands a pretty big chance.I mean, appearing behind you and hitting with 48 right off the bat is...pretty good.
Also on your answer to whirlwindlover, That's on contach with clouds.The electrical links do 20 dps.
Good either way.
---
Gotcha!
WhirlWindLover Green Sparx Gems: 318
#598 Posted: 19:12:49 04/04/2012

*cough* he's still the best melee character after stealth elf...

Quote: HexDisciple
if you check my Hex opinion on around page 9-10, I say she can beat a Sandhog Terrafin.

how so? because i really can't see hex winning even against brawler terrafin

Quote: WhirlWindLover
Can someone help me,

tempest matrix has huge dps. like zap's slime, but with 30 damage per second instead of 6

You sure? Cos I really like the double rainbows and the singularity. Seen them on commentaries.
---
I read on mytholgy, dragons and griffins. Unicorns too!
smilie Twists of Fury! smilie
#599 Posted: 22:48:42 04/04/2012
Just Tried undead defender Chop Chop and have a question:
When I was PvPing with the Demon Shiel Of the underworld upgrade as well as the first upgrade of that path, i kept activating the shield and the release damage button, but the beam wouldnt fire.What happened?
---
Gotcha!
#600 Posted: 00:48:32 05/04/2012
Did smilie rush forward.
---
First | Previous | Page 12 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me