Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
bhepdogg Red Sparx Gems: 96
#301 Posted: 03:48:21 26/04/2012
Impressive collection, Gamemaster. Crazy!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#302 Posted: 11:06:11 26/04/2012
Someone needs to calculate a new percentage for GM so he can fix his thread title.

Only a "collector's" complete set, though. Meaning in-the-box ONLY. Maybe I'll do it later if no one else does.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#303 Posted: 11:23:53 26/04/2012
Quote: t7gga
^ keep up at the back ... he has already said that he has won a flocked stump smash ... and anyway (unlike any normal person) he doesn't include variants in 100% completion of his awesome collection

okay but the minis will show up ingame so that count...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:24:13 26/04/2012 by kappapopm
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#304 Posted: 11:32:57 26/04/2012
Good point.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#305 Posted: 12:36:02 26/04/2012
double post....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:57 26/04/2012 by domer
#306 Posted: 12:48:40 26/04/2012
37 in game skylanders (32 regulars, 1 Dark Spyro, 2 Legendaries)
3 gold variants
3 silver variants
3 clear variants
3 Glow in the Dark variants
1 metallic Cynder
1 Pearl Hex
1 Stump variant
4 Adventure items
8 Magical items

PC Game
3DS Game
Wii Game
PS3 Game
XBox Game

69 total items. And Game's missing 8. 61/69 = 88%

If we consider all the various packaging forms, i.e. triple packs, singles, etc. Then the numbers are:

28 Individual Normal Character packs
8 Triple Packs
4 Adventure Packs
1 Individual Legendary Trigger Happy
1 Triple Legendary Pack
1 Metallic Cynder
1 Pearl Hex
3 Individual Golds
3 Individual Silvers
3 Individual Clears
3 Individual Glow in the Dark
1 Stump Smash Variant
5 Starter Packs

* I'm not sure how many triple packs are available with the variants but those would need to be included as well if the goal is to achieve all variant packaging forms. I know there were some gold triple packs and some silver triple packs, but since I'm not sure of which ones, then I'll exclude them for now.

He is still missing 8 items from the total of 62. 54/62 = 87%.

So depending on how you count it he either has 88% or 87% of the entire collection not including any available triple pack variants, specialty items such as tshirts, watches, slap braclets, etc.

Domer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:52:30 26/04/2012 by domer
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#307 Posted: 13:35:30 26/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bhepdogg
Impressive collection, Gamemaster. Crazy!

Thanks.

Quote: domer
37 in game skylanders (32 regulars, 1 Dark Spyro, 2 Legendaries)
3 gold variants
3 silver variants
3 clear variants
3 Glow in the Dark variants
1 metallic Cynder
1 Pearl Hex
1 Stump variant
4 Adventure items
8 Magical items

PC Game
3DS Game
Wii Game
PS3 Game
XBox Game

69 total items. And Game's missing 8. 61/69 = 88%

If we consider all the various packaging forms, i.e. triple packs, singles, etc. Then the numbers are:

28 Individual Normal Character packs
8 Triple Packs
4 Adventure Packs
1 Individual Legendary Trigger Happy
1 Triple Legendary Pack
1 Metallic Cynder
1 Pearl Hex
3 Individual Golds
3 Individual Silvers
3 Individual Clears
3 Individual Glow in the Dark
1 Stump Smash Variant
5 Starter Packs

* I'm not sure how many triple packs are available with the variants but those would need to be included as well if the goal is to achieve all variant packaging forms. I know there were some gold triple packs and some silver triple packs, but since I'm not sure of which ones, then I'll exclude them for now.

He is still missing 8 items from the total of 62. 54/62 = 87%.

So depending on how you count it he either has 88% or 87% of the entire collection not including any available triple pack variants, specialty items such as tshirts, watches, slap braclets, etc.

Domer

As I stated, I don't consider the variants when it comes to completing a collection. I consider it extra. Others can think otherwise. That's their perogative.

However, if I DID consider variants as part of the collection, I wouldn't have gotten rid of my triple pack golds, because they're part of the collection, despite owning them in single packs.

In terms of variants in triple packs, Domer, there are 3 silvers in triple packs (same as singles), 2 golds in triples, and no one has seen clears or glows in triples... yet (could be not at all).

If I considered all of the extra things like variants, slap bracelet, stylus', carrying cases, CD soundtrack (physical), and watch, I would be going after some of those. However, they are just extras I would like to own. However, if I can't find a means to buy them, it's no biggie.

Also, if I played this game of 100% collections have to contain variants (an arrogant elitist approach in my eyes), I'm also going to throw in all kinds of other things. Preorder cards from Toys R Us, store displays which people have gotten, store standees which people have gotten, and posters hanging above the Skylanders section in Toys R Us ALL count. Why? Well, if others want to pick and choose what makes a collection complete, I would too.

Again, though. I won't. It's stupid in my eyes. Only materialistic, arrogant, and elitist people would think that because their collection contains more than what's needed to complete a collection, their word is absolute. That's where you can tell who is really arrogant, and who is just calling others arrogant to divert the guilt off of themselves.

My collection was 100% done when I got my Wham Shells, technically, as it takes 37 Skylanders to have a complete collection. However, in my eyes, I chose to consider "MY" collection 100% complete, after I got my final triple pack. That doesn't mean my beliefs are absolute when it comes to what it takes to have a 100% collection. It's just what I wanted to consider my collection to be complete at. Chaos believes it takes variants. That's his choice.

However, in others eyes - and my eyes - a collection is complete when they either get the 32 Skylanders on the poster, the 32 on the poster plus the legendaries and DS, which are now on store displays, or when they have the characters they desire. If someone tries to come and say any given person here who has 32 or 37 Skylanders, doesn't have a complete collection, that is the arrogance everyone likes to throw around here, being displayed. That's an elitists attitude, because they obviously feel cool for owning silvers, golds, etc.

To me, they're just icing on the cake. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#308 Posted: 13:40:59 26/04/2012
I think your second list is more what I was thinking, domer. Here's a more detailed "collector's" check-list:

Starter Packs

• 3DS
  • Wii
  • XBox
  • PS3
  • PC
  • Mega-Pack

Single Packs

• EARTH - Prism Break, Bash, Dino-Rang
  • FIRE - Ignitor, Eruptor, Flameslinger
  • AIR - Sonic Boom, Lightning Rod, Whirlwind, Warnado
  • WATER - Zap, Wham Shell
  • MAGIC - Voodood, Double Trouble, Wrecking Ball, Dark Spyro
  • TECH - Boomer, Drobot, Drill Sergeant, Legendary Trigger Happy
  • LIFE - Stealth Elf, Stump Smash, Zook, Camo
  • UNDEAD - Chop-Chop, Hex, Cynder

Triple Packs

• Drobot / Flameslinger / Stump Smash
  • Prism Break / Boomer / Voodood
  • Eruptor, Chop-Chop / Bash
  • Zap, Hex, Dino-Rang
  • Wrecking Ball / Stealth Elf / Sonic Boom
  • Whirlwind / Double Trouble / Drill Sergeant
  • Lightning Rod / Cynder / Zook
  • Camo / Ignitor / Warnado
  • Legendary Bash / Legendary Chop-Chop / Legendary Spyro

Adventure Packs

• Pirate Seas
  • Darklight Crypt
  • Empire of Ice
  • Dragon's Peak

Variants / Other

• SILVER Single Packs: Boomer, Eruptor, Dino-Rang
  • SILVER Triple Packs: Boomer, Eruptor, Dino-Rang
  • GOLD Single Packs: Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger, Chop-Chop
  • GOLD Triple Packs: Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger (pretty sure there was not a gold Chop-Chop triple released)
  • CLEAR Single Packs: Wham-Shell, Cynder, Stealth Elf
  • GLOW-IN-DARK Single Packs: Zap, Wrecking Ball, Warnado
  • METALLIC Cynder
  • PEARL Hex
  • BLUE Bash
  • TARGET Whirlwind
  • WAL-MART Drill Sergeant
  • Volcanic Vault

We don't know for sure that the flocked Stump Smash will come in packaging like the ones you buy in a store, so I'm not including it on this list yet. It might just come loose or in one of those white boxes (similar to what people have received for replacement figures). Also, I haven't heard about Clear or Glow-in-the-Dark variants that have been found in triple packs at this time, as GameMaster just said.

By my count, I see 6 starter packs, 27 "widely released" single packs, 9 triple packs, 4 adventure packs, and 23 variants/other. I'm not going to count the non-game related items like t-shirts, stylus pens, watches, etc. So, I come up with 69 possible "in the box" collector's items. It might be 70 if the flocked Stump Smash comes in a box, and it might be 68 if you don't count Volcanic Vault (since it doesn't come in a box, techinically).

Did I miss anything?
---
#309 Posted: 13:55:07 26/04/2012
Chaos believes it takes variants. That's his choice.

It was also your choice.

I will re-iterate:

GM's first post in this very, 100% Complete, thread itemises the Metallic Cynder and the 3 silvers and 3 golds. Hence, they are relevant within context of the 100%. You also reference variants in the other collection thread (//forum.darkspyro.net/spy...php?topic=44202) in places such as post #160.

Oh, yeah, for the record, the Volcanic Vault did come in a box in the UK so I think it should be included.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#310 Posted: 14:03:03 26/04/2012
Definitly agree chaos
#311 Posted: 14:04:53 26/04/2012
Joseph, you should update your sig to include the glow in the dark Zap, the Toy Fair exclusives, etc.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#312 Posted: 14:13:53 26/04/2012
@Hime - You got a better list. I forgot Blue Bash and the Target and Walmart Exclusives.

70 total items, of which he has 62 of them for a grand total of 89%.

@Gamemaster - I'm not judging you or your collection, just posting some numbers for fun. If you don't count variants it's fine with me. You've got a great collection and if you consider it 100% then I have no problem with that. I'm just posting percentages out of my own curiosity. Even by a very strict definition of complete, having nearly 90% of all items at this point is pretty darn good.

Domer
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#313 Posted: 14:25:35 26/04/2012
havent updated in awhile.
I can't add anymore it says it's maxed out for room that's not much space. HELP :-)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:34:29 26/04/2012 by joseph235
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#314 Posted: 14:32:39 26/04/2012
In a way, skylanders is 2 collections. The physical toy side, and The virtual gaming side.

32 characters, the WII, PS3, PC xbox and 3dS versions of the games (NEEDED TO GET ALL HATS), the iOS game, the web game, plus the extra levels, magical items and sidekicks. And the "Volcanic Vault" from Best Buy. That's all you need to play all of the virtual content.

The 4 legendary characters and dark spyro add some new skins to existing characters, but add little to no new gameplay.
It is MUCH easier to complete the entire IN GAME experience, since many of the rare toys don't do anything special.

I wonder if there are any more secrets waiting to show up IN the game, besides the sidekicks? or is that it?
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Rich246 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#315 Posted: 15:16:26 26/04/2012
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a Dark Spyro single pack available in some parts of the world, would that be classified as a %?

[User Posted Image]

If that is fake it is an amazing Photoshop job smilie
---
I own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:20:10 26/04/2012 by Rich246
#316 Posted: 15:33:19 26/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: domer
@Hime - You got a better list. I forgot Blue Bash and the Target and Walmart Exclusives.

70 total items, of which he has 62 of them for a grand total of 89%.

@Gamemaster - I'm not judging you or your collection, just posting some numbers for fun. If you don't count variants it's fine with me. You've got a great collection and if you consider it 100% then I have no problem with that. I'm just posting percentages out of my own curiosity. Even by a very strict definition of complete, having nearly 90% of all items at this point is pretty darn good.

Domer

Oh, I know. I wasn't getting on to you or anything. I was just reiterating my statements from various other posts, including ones on this topic.

TFB never showed off the variants on their posters for what it takes to make a complete collection. Every individual decides what makes a complete collection. Heck, I know a person who only bought one of every element. He calls his collection complete. I can't tell him he doesn't have one, because I would be some elitist nosebleeder for stating that. It would be very rude to boot. If that person I know has a complete collection in his eyes, he does.

"MY" complete collection, from the day I decided last year, entails -

- Wii game
- 360 game
- PS3 game
- PC game
- 3DS game
- 25 single packs
- 8 triple packs
- 4 adventure packs
- Legendary 3-Pack
- Legendary Trigger Happy
- Volcanic Vault

Notice how I don't include things like my store exclusive Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, and the variants? Because they don't count in my eyes. Never did. They are just extra credit for me. My collection was 100% complete two days ago.

Just because I show pics of variants in my collection, Chaos, I could erase them and my topic title would still be the same. Just because you want to think I am placing an emphasis on them in my collection photos, by them being on the top, doesn't mean "I" consider them apart of the 100%. They're simply in my collection, but not part of that 100%. I will probably have to say that 1,010,203,030,405,060 more times. smilie

And yes, Dark Spyro is out in other countries as a single. Should it never be released in the US, there is obviously a reason. Something that is made available to everyone (ie sold across the globe), that has something to do with the core 37 Skylanders, is what "I" consider for completion. Should Dark Spyro release in the US as a single, then my collection will go down from 100% again. As of now, though, those are only being made available in certain countries, for certain reasons obviously. Until it reaches US shores (IF it does), my collection is 100% complete.
---
Rich246 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#317 Posted: 15:39:21 26/04/2012
Quote:
And yes, Dark Spyro is out in other countries as a single. Should it never be released in the US, there is obviously a reason. Something that is made available to everyone (ie sold across the globe), that has something to do with the core 37 Skylanders, is what "I" consider for completion. Should Dark Spyro release in the US as a single, then my collection will go down from 100% again. As of now, though, those are only being made available in certain countries, for certain reasons obviously. Until it reaches US shores (IF it does), my collection is 100% complete.

Ok, that makes sense smilie
---
I own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#318 Posted: 15:53:15 26/04/2012
How many versions of the Mega Pack were made? Just the Wii, XBox and PS3? That's a lot of bank to pony up for a truly complete set.
---
#319 Posted: 16:01:20 26/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rich246
Quote:

Ok, that makes sense smilie

Yeah. Then, I will have to update my topic again, with the title now being, "Skylanders collection: 100% DONE... AGAIN!," or something like that.

Quote: Himewad
How many versions of the Mega Pack were made? Just the Wii, XBox and PS3? That's a lot of bank to pony up for a truly complete set.

3. I want to get one of those, to say I have one. If I grab one, it will be the PS3 version, because I think it will be the more obscure version of the Mega Pack.
---
#320 Posted: 22:35:22 26/04/2012
Wow, the only consistency is inconsistency...

1/. You only consider items released in USA to be valid but obtained items from overseas before they were released in America so you could be the first and crow about it.

2/. You clain to have collected 100% of items released in USA but will not buy all variants of the mega pack, even though you include all variants of the starter pack in your calculation.

3/. The first post in this thread, made by you, is about the Toy Fair Cynder, the golds and the silvers. It is not just "a" post wrt the 100% completion, but "the" post about it.

At the end of the day, you know that I actually don't care but I really enjoy exposing the foibles of the elite. And make not bones about it, whether you mean it or not, every post you make smacks of elitism. You can write multiple times in each post how you are not elite but it never comes across as sincere.

The fact that you disregard the opinion of so many and maintain the "I don't care" attitude only serves to re-inforce the perception. Sure, you can do/say what you want, but quid pro quo, Clarice, we can also do/say what we want and we will continue to do so when we point out the inconsistencies.
---
Soylent Green is People!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#321 Posted: 22:59:27 26/04/2012
Quote: Himewad
I think your second list is more what I was thinking, domer. Here's a more detailed "collector's" check-list:

Starter Packs

• 3DS
  • Wii
  • XBox
  • PS3
  • PC
  • Mega-Pack

Single Packs

• EARTH - Prism Break, Bash, Dino-Rang
  • FIRE - Ignitor, Eruptor, Flameslinger
  • AIR - Sonic Boom, Lightning Rod, Whirlwind, Warnado
  • WATER - Zap, Wham Shell
  • MAGIC - Voodood, Double Trouble, Wrecking Ball, Dark Spyro
  • TECH - Boomer, Drobot, Drill Sergeant, Legendary Trigger Happy
  • LIFE - Stealth Elf, Stump Smash, Zook, Camo
  • UNDEAD - Chop-Chop, Hex, Cynder

Triple Packs

• Drobot / Flameslinger / Stump Smash
  • Prism Break / Boomer / Voodood
  • Eruptor, Chop-Chop / Bash
  • Zap, Hex, Dino-Rang
  • Wrecking Ball / Stealth Elf / Sonic Boom
  • Whirlwind / Double Trouble / Drill Sergeant
  • Lightning Rod / Cynder / Zook
  • Camo / Ignitor / Warnado
  • Legendary Bash / Legendary Chop-Chop / Legendary Spyro

Adventure Packs

• Pirate Seas
  • Darklight Crypt
  • Empire of Ice
  • Dragon's Peak

Variants / Other

• SILVER Single Packs: Boomer, Eruptor, Dino-Rang
  • SILVER Triple Packs: Boomer, Eruptor, Dino-Rang
  • GOLD Single Packs: Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger, Chop-Chop
  • GOLD Triple Packs: Drill Sergeant, Flameslinger (pretty sure there was not a gold Chop-Chop triple released)
  • CLEAR Single Packs: Wham-Shell, Cynder, Stealth Elf
  • GLOW-IN-DARK Single Packs: Zap, Wrecking Ball, Warnado
  • METALLIC Cynder
  • PEARL Hex
  • BLUE Bash
  • TARGET Whirlwind
  • WAL-MART Drill Sergeant
  • Volcanic Vault

We don't know for sure that the flocked Stump Smash will come in packaging like the ones you buy in a store, so I'm not including it on this list yet. It might just come loose or in one of those white boxes (similar to what people have received for replacement figures). Also, I haven't heard about Clear or Glow-in-the-Dark variants that have been found in triple packs at this time, as GameMaster just said.

By my count, I see 6 starter packs, 27 "widely released" single packs, 9 triple packs, 4 adventure packs, and 23 variants/other. I'm not going to count the non-game related items like t-shirts, stylus pens, watches, etc. So, I come up with 69 possible "in the box" collector's items. It might be 70 if the flocked Stump Smash comes in a box, and it might be 68 if you don't count Volcanic Vault (since it doesn't come in a box, techinically).

Did I miss anything?

the 4 minis...
#322 Posted: 23:12:12 26/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I figured you would be bored by now, Chaos.

Look, whatever you want to think. This cherade has grown tired.

You have your opinions on a complete collection, and so do I. I'm leaving it at that for the sake of this forum becoming a better place. Too much bickering like little schoolgirls goes on around here. Someone has to put their foot down.
---
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#323 Posted: 23:26:35 26/04/2012
GM, you've got a kickarse collection! If you feel it is complete, then it is! And really folks, when was the law passed that a person is no longer allowed to change their mind?? Can't we all just get along!?

Oh, and for the "Uber"completionist, don't forget the Skylanders $5 giftcards from the DP release day. Not sure if these were mentioned or not, but I didn't see them as I was scanning through
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#324 Posted: 00:19:56 27/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Seewolfe. I've always had plans on getting all variants once I saw the first silver. I will still get all variants. However, even after knowing variants were in the cards, I never thought of them as a means to finish my collection. My completion goal has always been about starters, singles, triples, adventures, and Volcanic Vault.

The reason I've always thought that, is because I knew from the getgo, that getting all variants would be too hard for me to even care. That, and the fact they aren't listed on any official poster that Acti/TFB put out, while stating, "Collect them all."

EDIT: I was just looking at the prices of variants. Nothing is selling for high. People are leaving them alone. This is a good sign that more will not only pop up, but they will be dead cheap. This is why I am no longer buying variants for more than 100 bucks, because after awhile, they sell for less than that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:49 27/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#325 Posted: 00:32:41 27/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
The reason I've always thought that, is because I knew from the getgo, that getting all variants would be too hard for me to even care. That, and the fact they aren't listed on any official poster that Acti/TFB put out, while stating, "Collect them all."

I am sorry but in all fairness, I have to cry shenanigans to the first sentence I quoted. Whilst I completely respect and agree that the variant market has no legs, it is disengenuous to imply that at the beginning you did not care. You were literally throwing money hand over fist to not only get them but get them as quickly as possible.

As for the second quoted sentence, the poster does not include the Legendaries either but they are considered integral to the collection, given their in-game skins/differences.
---
Soylent Green is People!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#326 Posted: 00:42:15 27/04/2012
New variant, Crystal Stealth Elf, has been found in America! smilie
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Jimsta28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1252
#327 Posted: 02:55:46 27/04/2012
I contacted Pacific Mags (K-Zone) and they are sending me a second watch. Pm me GM78 if your interested.
---
Need Any Of |smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|
#328 Posted: 05:50:03 27/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I got to thinking a lot today, about the variants. I might end up selling my silvers and golds. The reason being, is since I live in tornado alley, should a tornado destroy them, that's money lost.

Sure, I have renters insurance that covers everything inside the house. However, they don't look at collector's items and pay you what they're worth. They only pay MSRP for them.

It's just something on my mind.
---
#329 Posted: 06:16:24 27/04/2012
Special insurance does exist for collections, if that helps.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#330 Posted: 14:43:41 27/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Not here in the US. I've looked all over before going with the insurance company I have now.

To be honest, this whole thing is a buzzkill. People who collect Marvel Universe, have a reason to stay on the hunt. Hasbro makes their variants obscure, but easier to find. Everyone has a chance.

No one can have fun hunting Skylander variants, because not every country and state are gaurenteed to see them. That's another reason I may get rid of my variants. However, despite the three reasonings I've listed thus far, Sarge said it best on another topic, in that these won't be worth spit later on.

Imagine if the reposes come out and they only take advantage of the level cap increase. These variants, which some buy to actually open and play with, will be worthless due to being stuck at level 10.

I think TFB dropped the ball on these variants. They should take a note from Hasbro and maybe collectors would stay in the hunt. It's been 3 days since I've been hunting for a Skylander. I can see that amount increasing, because I know how impossible they are to find. Oh, well. smilie
---
#331 Posted: 15:34:29 27/04/2012
If you have variants, IMO the time to sell them is now. Unless you just want them to want them. I don't see these being worth as much as time goes on. They are hot right now, and there are enough collectors out there looking to "complete" their collection. There is also a sense that these are rare and extremely hard to come by. (Which is true for now... there is no guarantee that the variants don't become wide spread as the "normal" figures slow down in sales. If that happens, Gold's will be listed for 9 bucks.

If you don't want to keep the variants then I'd sell them now while they can help pay for the rest of your collection.

Domer
#332 Posted: 18:14:34 27/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm seriously thinking of trying to sell them while the getting is good.

It's sad, really. Had TFB/Acti made these as easy to get as variants are seemingly easy to get from Marvel Universe, I'd be out hunting right now. However, they want to make these insanely hard to get, so, I guess I save money. smilie
---
#333 Posted: 02:37:52 28/04/2012
You are considering selling because a tornado might destroy them? That's the dumbest thing I've heard here in a while. And there have been some doozies. If you sell them, fine. Just don't blame it on the threat of a tornado strike targeting your beloved toys. Sell all of your crap if you are that worried about it. Or move.

And you can get an insurance policy to cover anything for any value, really. It's called a "rider" on our homeowners policy - we have it to cover specific high priced items in our home that might not otherwise be covered by the policy.
---
#334 Posted: 12:13:21 28/04/2012
See, I cried shenanigans as it did not make sense to me...

Now it is because the hunt is no longer "fun". I say a true collector never gives up - sure they may halt the pursuit while the objects of desire are in vogue (read over-priced) but then they merely bide their time and continue the "good fight" later on.

How many collectors even find their items new in shops? Many scour markets, EBay, garage sales, et al in search.

For example, I have been looking for two promo cards for the V4 Talisman board game for a long time. I found them a few times from one seller but he refused to ship to Oz and, at that time, I had no US contact he could ship to.
---
Soylent Green is People!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6281
#335 Posted: 12:16:35 28/04/2012
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a Dark Spyro single pack available in some parts of the world, would that be classified as a %?

[User Posted Image]

If that is fake it is an amazing Photoshop job smilie
I am not sure but shouldnt it have foreign packaging?
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#336 Posted: 12:18:55 28/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Updated 4-24-12

Here is the Toy Fair 2012 Cynder -

[Image Unavailable]

My 3 silver Skylanders: Dino Rang, Boomer, and Eruptor -

[Image Unavailable]

My 3 gold Skylanders: Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Drill Sergeant -

[Image Unavailable]

Here is a group shot of all of my silver and gold Skylanders -

[Image Unavailable]

Here are my "ONLY AT" exclusive Skylanders. These are actually different than the mass retail versions. Whirlwind has a solid white base, while Drill Sergeant has a deeper metallic red and glossy base -

[Image Unavailable]

Here is a mispackaged Skylander I found at a local Walmart. Not only is it mispackaged, but they managed to mispack it into a foreign Skylanders package -

[Image Unavailable]

Here are the Volcanic Vaults I have accumulated from getting copies of the game or through promotions.

[Image Unavailable]

Here are both sets of my open Skylanders, sitting on their respective slots -

[Image Unavailable]

Left side of my Skylanders shrine -

[Image Unavailable]

Right side of my Skylanders shrine -

[Image Unavailable]

Close-up of my sealed triple packs -

[Image Unavailable]

Close-up of my sealed adventure and legendary triple/single packs -

[Image Unavailable]

Close-up of my silvers, golds, Toy Fair Cynder, blue Bash, and store exclusive Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant -

[Image Unavailable]

Closer view of my single packs -

[Image Unavailable]
[Image Unavailable]

My Skylander game case display. which also houses the Skylanders Tower Case. The bottom shelf houses my strategy guide and free shirt I got from Best Buy.

[Image Unavailable]

My Skylanders display -

[Image Unavailable]

Here is a pic of all of the character cards together -

[Image Unavailable]

Here are my extra sets of cards -

[Image Unavailable]

Strategy Guide -

[Image Unavailable]

Here are three pics of ALL of the Skylanders toys and how they fit into three "Stanley Sortmaster Jr." cases. THIS is the best casing for Skylanders merchandise, as it can fit all 37 Skylanders, 8 magical items, and 4 expansion levels. Take note of how I place them, in order to place them in your Sortmaster Jr. cases, with little to no intrusion -

TOP CASE -

[Image Unavailable]

MIDDLE CASE -

[Image Unavailable]

BOTTOM CASE -

[Image Unavailable]

Here is a shot of my Starter Packs -

[Image Unavailable]

Summary of what I have -

- Wii Starter Pack (sealed w/sealed Volcanic Vault)
- Wii Starter Pack (opened)
- 360 Starter Pack (opened w/opened Volcanic Vault)
- PS3 Starter Pack (opened w/sealed Volcanic Vault)
- PC Starter Pack
- 3DS Starter Pack (opened)
- 3DS Starter Pack (opened for second Dark Spyro and Ignitor)
- 3DS Starter Pack (sealed)

- Volcanic Vault x7
- 2 sets of all 37 Skylanders (opened)
- All 8 Triple Packs (sealed)
- All 25 Single Packs (sealed)
- All 4 Adventure Packs (sealed)
- Toys R Us exclusive Legendary 3-Pack (sealed)
- Toys R Us exclusive Legendary Trigger Happy (sealed)
- Silver Dino Rang, Boomer, and Eruptor
- Gold Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Drill Sergeant
- Toy Fair 2012 Cynder

I will update this post "IF" I get any new variants.

my head fell off.
#337 Posted: 14:04:27 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL, Trent. In my eyes, we all have kick *** collections. If our heads are to be falling off, they need to fall off due to the hassle we all put ourselves through, in order to complete our collections.
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#338 Posted: 14:26:26 28/04/2012
@GM78: Yea, you may as well sell all your variants and extras except for maybe 1 unopened set...either all of each regular single packs or all regular triples plus Wham-Shell. I think the variants, namely the painted ones will definitely plummet in price over time due to the ease of counterfeiting them...the clear ones should be safe from counterfeits for at least awhile, but they're definitely not being future proofed for Giants and on, that's for sure.

Why do I say to keep one unopened set you may ask? Well...first off cause I don't think you'd bother using them when Giants comes out and because honestly I believe you're more likely to pick up the reposes and if you change your mind on collecting regular figures later on, no harm done as long as you have already them, but if you don't, it's just more of a hassle to find them later...plus, your walls need something in the meantime.

...but yea, in your case, I vote to sell 'em Skylanders while the selling is still good!
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#339 Posted: 15:55:49 28/04/2012
Heads also fall off on some people cause of the big egos......heads get so big, their little bodies can't support them. LOL
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#340 Posted: 16:08:32 28/04/2012
I leave the forum for like 3-4 months and when I come back, still the same drama, around the same person, reacting the same way.

Ok. Ok. LOL.

Nothing changes around here.
#341 Posted: 16:20:33 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: sykotek
@GM78: Yea, you may as well sell all your variants and extras except for maybe 1 unopened set...either all of each regular single packs or all regular triples plus Wham-Shell. I think the variants, namely the painted ones will definitely plummet in price over time due to the ease of counterfeiting them...the clear ones should be safe from counterfeits for at least awhile, but they're definitely not being future proofed for Giants and on, that's for sure.

Why do I say to keep one unopened set you may ask? Well...first off cause I don't think you'd bother using them when Giants comes out and because honestly I believe you're more likely to pick up the reposes and if you change your mind on collecting regular figures later on, no harm done as long as you have already them, but if you don't, it's just more of a hassle to find them later...plus, your walls need something in the meantime.

...but yea, in your case, I vote to sell 'em Skylanders while the selling is still good!

They have already begun plummeting. I've seen the past couple of golds and silvers either go for around 60 bucks, or not even sell for that price.

The only reason the new variants are going for so much, is because they are new variants. People who have bought past variants, probably never thought to see how much the price has gone down on past variants. I feel like a sucker for buying the golds for 100+. I would probably - and I mean PROBABLY - buy the new variants for around 100, but I would hesitate before I did.

I think it is also due to the fact those variants can't do crap, but look the way they look. They are not future-proof, so when people realize that, the prices will fall to crazy-low levels.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:24:14 28/04/2012 by GameMaster78
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#342 Posted: 16:20:38 28/04/2012
Quote: Fernandez2
Heads also fall off on some people cause of the big egos......heads get so big, their little bodies can't support them. LOL

LOL, that is so true. But now he wants to sell the silver/gold variants. I Dunno a "True" collector wouldn't do such a thing. At least I wouldn't.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#343 Posted: 16:32:41 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh, and Syk? I am definately keeping my original collection, despite them not reaching the new cap in Giants. The reason for that, is because if they do indeed repose all 32 original Skylanders, the old molds will one day cease to exist, unless someone who takes good care of things, keeps them. Over the course of the next 20 years, the 20 million originals that sold, will either be sold at garage sales for 50 cents, to some kid who breaks it, or they may be lost, or whatever.

Heck, I can vouch and say that one Hex is somewhere in a landfill, due to her arm being torn off by my 2 year old daughter. That's one less Hex in the world, and she's only been out for 5 months. Imagine how many "original" molds will remain of any particular Skylander, after about 20 years.
---
shinybenny7 Green Sparx Gems: 200
#344 Posted: 17:24:55 28/04/2012
GameMaster78 Your collection isn't complete cuz do you have the yellow faced ignitor?
---
37/37Yay!smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#345 Posted: 17:31:32 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL, Shiny. I would need the -

- Black and orange-faced Ignitor
- Orange-faced Ignitor
- Yellow-faced Ignitor
- Foggy-green base Ignitor (my youngest daughters Ignitor's base is a foggy-green instead of a seethrough green)

That's only one Skylander, too. Man, too many variants. smilie
---
#346 Posted: 12:51:43 29/04/2012
Well, the collection isn't 100% complete, the title is a bit misleading...
#347 Posted: 14:55:31 29/04/2012 | Topic Creator
It is very much 100% complete, just like anyone else who owns 37 of 37 Skylanders. smilie
---
#348 Posted: 20:40:29 29/04/2012
Well, 100% complete by that you mean just the basic Skylanders, not the variant and everything right?

Because i was hoping to see Pearl Hex or the misprints or maybe the Flocked Stump Smash.

But otherwise, good job! I'm still working my way hardly to get all the 37.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#349 Posted: 21:07:56 29/04/2012
^ hi Reimu, i know you've been away so to bring you up to speed and to save you reading through a lot of topics ...

to summarise: GameMaster69's instore backroom contacts haven't yet been able to get him the crystal or glow in the dark variants etc. so in the world of GameMaster69 these type of variants are now no longer necessary to make his collection 100% complete ... yes, yes i know that everyone else would include the variants in a complete collection but apparently if you are GameMaster69 you are excused.
#350 Posted: 22:23:55 29/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Reimu
Well, 100% complete by that you mean just the basic Skylanders, not the variant and everything right?

Because i was hoping to see Pearl Hex or the misprints or maybe the Flocked Stump Smash.

But otherwise, good job! I'm still working my way hardly to get all the 37.

Yeah. I will never include the variants or misprints as needed to complete a collection. If that were the case, the included poster would have been a heck of a lot bigger. smilie

Some are content with calling their collections complete at 32/32, which is all the poster shows. Lately, at Toys R Us, their standees show all 37 on the poster, for obvious reasons.

Like I've said. Only elitist - arrogant - people would sit there and say that a collection isn't complete at 32 or 37, just because they own variants or more than others.

I'm sure you will hit 37 soon. They seem to be out in all areas now. Just keep up the hunt. smilie
---
First | Previous | Page 7 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me