Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 6 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#251 Posted: 11:22:17 19/04/2012
Quote: kappapopm
hang in there GameMaster78, your the number 1 skyland fan... dont give up on 'gotta catch'em all' i believe in you smilie

but as each day passes GameMaster69 is falling further and further behind

working on the basis that the glow in the dark variants are not fake, he is now missing 8 variants

... and waiting until they are no longer popular (and therefore cheaper) shows a complete lack of fanaticism
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#252 Posted: 11:39:06 19/04/2012
Quote: t7gga
Quote: kappapopm
hang in there GameMaster78, your the number 1 skyland fan... dont give up on 'gotta catch'em all' i believe in you smilie

but as each day passes GameMaster69 is falling further and further behind

working on the basis that the glow in the dark variants are not fake, he is now missing 8 variants

... and waiting until they are no longer popular (and therefore cheaper) shows a complete lack of fanaticism

i guess he must make some time to save up the money. but i have no doubt he will be back soon, with the 8... i believe...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:43:54 19/04/2012 by kappapopm
#253 Posted: 11:49:48 19/04/2012
but a true fanatic would just pull out the credit cards and pay them off later

i do not believe GameMaster69 will have the missing 8 variants before the 13th may 2012.

i would even go as far as to bet you $10 that he doesn't smilie
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#254 Posted: 11:58:43 19/04/2012
awesome that is awesome your so lucky your collection looks really great
---
Green Bean Machine
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#255 Posted: 16:20:47 19/04/2012 | Topic Creator
but a true fanatic would just pull out the credit cards and pay them off later

i do not believe GameMaster69 will have the missing 8 variants before the 13th may 2012.

i would even go as far as to bet you $10 that he doesn't smilie

LOL @ the last sentence.

I don't believe I will either.

First off, are the glow in the dark variants even real? Until we know for sure (ie more show up on Ebay), I am still thinking there are only 3.

As for the variants I don't have, I will not buy any until they start popping up on Ebay in droves (like the silvers and golds). I won't buy Toy Fair Hex, until I find a decent priced one shipping from North America. People have gotten some of them from Germany, damaged.

Flocked Stump will probably be a dime a dozen on Ebay. Just gotta wait for it to show up. Same for the clear variants, that ARE confirmed. Now that the Wham-Shell wave is out in the US, it's only a matter of time before the variants are posted. No one in the US will have them before May 13th.

ON A FINAL NOTE! I updated the collection post. I now have NEW pictures of my extra sets of cards/stickers, as well as both of my open sets, sitting on top of the Stanley Sortmaster Jr. cases, in their respective spots.

EDIT: Oh, and Tig? I just won a Flocked Stump Smash. That's one less I have to find on Ebay. 1 down, 7 to go. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:30:31 19/04/2012 by GameMaster78
Dragon Master58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1366
#256 Posted: 10:40:41 22/04/2012
I couldn't help noticing that in the middle box there was no sticker in wham-shell's 'compartment', unlike all the others. I'm assuming you've probably stuck it in by now?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie - want these swappers the most
I own all figures from first 2 games except S2 Drobot; release him in the UK, Activision!!
#257 Posted: 20:25:25 24/04/2012 | Topic Creator
IT IS DONE! Unless Activision/FTB makes the variants easier to find, I won't be out on the hunt for something that's near impossible to find, especially in a small market city.

I hope everyone has enjoyed a look at my collection. Now to sit back and chill.
---
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#258 Posted: 20:49:15 24/04/2012
You're not done yet, the Skylanders Sidekicks are coming in June!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#259 Posted: 20:53:01 24/04/2012

..........................No it doesn't...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#260 Posted: 20:58:08 24/04/2012
Nice. Everything looks better all complete.

Well, you'll be done till June. That's when these puppies come out.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#261 Posted: 21:18:24 24/04/2012
Where did u get the white display for your loose figures?
---
Praise Helix!!!
#262 Posted: 21:22:40 24/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I built it myself. If anyone ever wants to know the dimensions to build their own, I will gladly provide it. smilie
---
#263 Posted: 21:29:23 24/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
IT IS DONE! Unless Activision/FTB makes the variants easier to find, I won't be out on the hunt for something that's near impossible to find, especially in a small market city.

I hope everyone has enjoyed a look at my collection. Now to sit back and chill.

hahaha and this is the person who was supposed to be the "ultimate skylander fan"

there are several people on this forum that now have a more complete collection than you and likely a lot more that don't post on here

by any definition of 100% you do not have 100% of all skylander variants. you started collecting variants and then when you saw that others were getting them and maybe you couldn't get them suddenly you lost interest.

i'm calling you out as a fraud ... you are not the "ultimate skylander fan"
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#264 Posted: 21:39:55 24/04/2012
I built it myself. If anyone ever wants to know the dimensions to build their own, I will gladly provide it. smilie

Sure just send me a pm or post them here, i've been looking for a cool way to display my collection
---
Praise Helix!!!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6271
#265 Posted: 23:35:52 24/04/2012
Tr7gga is a TROLL!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#266 Posted: 23:44:35 24/04/2012
Tr7gga is simply calling GM out on his about face.

And, yes, I personally know of several people who have more complete collections than GM now. Maybe his allowance got cut?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#267 Posted: 00:29:44 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Allowance didn't cut. Just biding my time waiting.

Oh, and technically have more than I show. My kids know that as soon as they lose interest, their collections are mine, because they would just sit around anyway. So...

4 complete open sets
2 sealed sets. 1 set is only minus 4 adventure packs.
2 Wii versions of the game (one opened one sealed)
1 360 version
1 PS3 version
1 PC version
3 3DS versions (1 sealed 2 open)
7 Volcanic Vaults
3 Bobble Stylus
1 Slap Bracelet
1 T-Shirt
1 Tower Case
3 Double-sided character posters (only given at instore demonstrations)
2 Toy Fair Cynders
3 Silvers
3 Golds

So, by all means, someone show me that kind of a collection. They have to match me, because I WILL certainly match them... in time. It's only a matter of finding the three glows and clears, or when my friend calls me stating he's holding them for me, all the while some simply will not be able to get the small things to make a collection complete, like a little slap wrist bracelet. I am also awaiting my 2 Flocked Stumps (had another play the game and use a different address than the one I used so I don't have to worry about disqualification).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...-All-Categories

0 results for the wrist bracelet.

Was trying to help the other serious collectors get in on one, but it looks like ones never sold on Ebay. smilie

So, I am calling you guys out. DRAW! Just kidding. For real. I see a lot of talk, but words are words. I want to see some of these collections with my own eyes. Remember, they have to match what I own, plus some. smilie

DRAW! JUST KIDDING!

EDIT: I should really lay out all 196 Skylanders items on my kitchen floor, and take a pic (37 Skylanders x4, 8 magical items x4, 4 level toys x4). I'd love to these people you mention do the same. All in the name of fun, since you guys are calling me out. smilie I call your bluff.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:38 25/04/2012 by GameMaster78
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#268 Posted: 00:35:49 25/04/2012
What does GM lack?

Pearl Hex
3 Clears
3 Glow in the Darks

that's it... that's pretty darn good.

Domer
#269 Posted: 00:40:38 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, just pearl Hex, 3 glows, 3 clears. However, there are things in the collections of these people, these two mention, that are missing. Like I said, I will catch up. It just takes a bit. Momma didn't raise no fool. Pearl Hex has already dropped. The clears and glows will be next, as they appear more throughout the world.
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#270 Posted: 00:40:48 25/04/2012
@GM78: You should definitely lay them all out and then make Skylanders angels...you know, instead of snow angels. smilie
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#271 Posted: 00:42:07 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL! Seriously. I could probably be buried in Skylanders. I think I may do that and have someone snap a pic of me. Awesome idea. smilie
---
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#272 Posted: 00:45:53 25/04/2012
Quote: domer
What does GM lack?

Pearl Hex
3 Clears
3 Glow in the Darks

Domer

Yeah, I'm not getting it though. GM has an awesome collection n doesnt plan to scalp any of it. He has everything for his own enjoyment and lets everyone know, n chaos n t7gga tryin to stick their chest out n only brag about their **** to one up GM.... Lol who seriously gives a ****? Getting old, bout ready to ditch out til Giants....
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
#273 Posted: 00:49:32 25/04/2012
To clarify, the percentage has no correlation to how many of each a person has.

After all, if you get 100% in a level and re-do the level, you don't get more than 100%.

For example, I happen to have 5 tower cases but in terms of what I have collected, it is the same as having only 1.

I also notice that you don't have any of the watches? I have 2, if that matters.

Then again, it is really out of context - the context is % complete of figurines not a hissing match on what other paraphernalia we have been stupid enough to buy (for example, I may buy the upcoming books but I may also come to my senses).

So, yeah, good collection but 100% complete? I consider it not.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#274 Posted: 00:50:58 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wiseman
Quote: domer
What does GM lack?

Pearl Hex
3 Clears
3 Glow in the Darks

Domer

Yeah, I'm not getting it though. GM has an awesome collection n doesnt plan to scalp any of it. He has everything for his own enjoyment and lets everyone know, n chaos n t7gga tryin to stick their chest out n only brag about their **** to one up GM.... Lol who seriously gives a ****? Getting old, bout ready to ditch out til Giants....

Yeah. This is all for my enjoyment. In all actuality, if I ever lost the title a member of TFB gave me, it's just a title. I never bought into Skylanders with the intent of anything other than to enjoy the game.

If I don't get the glows, clears, and pearl hex, I wouldn't be sad. If I do, I would feel honored to have more for the collection.

I just want to see all of these collections these two are mentioning... out of curiosity. I want to see these collections own everything I own, plus what I am missing. I will honestly say I am impressed if I see it. However, I would give the same mad props to ANYONE who even owns 1 Skylander, because not many were willing to give this game a try, when we did.
---
#275 Posted: 01:53:59 25/04/2012
No, mate, noone, not even me is "crazy" enough to own that many multiples of each item.

My context was that I know of several, quiet people who do not boast on this forum who have all 37 "in-game" figs, all gold, silver variants, both Toy Fair exclusives, Blue Bash and one or more glow in the dark and/or crystal figs.

At the end of the day, this is not a hissing match. Let everyone enjoy their collections (big or small) as they see fit.

It is simply amusing to some readers how attitudes can change and how people may seem to live vicariously through their collections.
---
Soylent Green is People!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#276 Posted: 02:08:18 25/04/2012
So, does anyone here who amassed a gigantic Skylanders collection also own the E3 pre-release Trigger Happy? I don't see that one mentioned too often. Just curious.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#277 Posted: 02:19:06 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Not me. I had a chance to win that auction, but I passed on it. YEP! I passed on it. Don't ask me why. I just did.
---
#278 Posted: 03:21:47 25/04/2012
For a true collector I am sure that the three E3 single packs are important but I only collect the variants MIB so they aren't important to me as I have those figs.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Jimsta28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1252
#279 Posted: 04:12:18 25/04/2012
I own a Skylanders Branded Watch only given out in AUS/NZ from K-Zone (Magazine)
---
Need Any Of |smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#280 Posted: 04:14:24 25/04/2012
I'm honestly kind of shocked at the comparative rarity of any of the E3 figures. Not that I haven't seen some, but even finding photos of those guys tends to be rough. You'd think that with the popularity and collectibility of Skylanders you'd have the E3 guys going up for auction daily, but I have yet to personally see a single figure go up since I found out about their existence (albeit only about a week ago).
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#281 Posted: 04:15:45 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Ah. So it seems the watch is in Australia/NZ, while people have been able to get a physical music CD soundtrack, and others get a slap bracelet.
---
Jimsta28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1252
#282 Posted: 04:25:27 25/04/2012
[User Posted Image]
I have the watch just sitting on the drawers doing nothing. I may be able to find the original cardboard backing it had if I really look.
---
Need Any Of |smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|
#283 Posted: 13:34:41 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Who said "stuff" made me happy? Oh, you did. I didn't ask you to put words in my mouth, Fern. smilie

Look. You know no one here. So any conclusion you come to about anyone here, just makes you look like an ***, as you throw out baseless assumptions of anyone here.

I played and beat this game many times over. I've beaten it on Wii, PS3, and 360. Working on my PC and 3DS version now.

Know what's even crazier, Fern? I still need to beat all the AAA titles I bought last year.

Batman: AA
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

and that's not including the other games I bought before and after Skylanders came out.

In order -

Kirbys Mass Attack
Mario Kart 7
Sonic Generations (360)
Sonic Generations (3DS)
Dark Souls
Ratchet and Clanks: All 4 One
Resistance 3
De Blob 2
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Aliens: Infestation
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Battlefield 3
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7
Rayman Origins
Cave Story 3D
The Kore Gang
Saints Row: The Third
Jurassic Park: The Game
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded
Shinobi
Knights Contract
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Soul Calibur V
Nano Assault
Resident Evil: Revelations
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Asura's Wrath
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Kid Icarus: Uprising

and that's only some of what I bought after this game came out.

So, keep ragin' bro - and throw out those assumptions - because again, assumptions about people you don't know, only makes you look like the *** in this situations. smilie

I can bet I've put more playtime into this game than you have. Have you taken 74 through Heroic Challenges? Have you 100% 3 versions of the game, with 2 left to go? Did you get all achievements in one of those versions, while working on getting platinum in another? I bet not. Did you buy upwards of 100 videogames after this game came out, only to dedicate your time to Skylanders 100%? Why can I bet 100 bucks, you didn't?

All you're doing, is assuming, because you're in rage mode right now. Come at me when you have some facts. I wouldn't mind having that conversation at all. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:37:23 25/04/2012 by GameMaster78
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#284 Posted: 13:52:12 25/04/2012
This thread is kinda funny. Although it's obvious that people like t7gga are just messing with you, I think many of us would be quick to refute your idea of "100% complete"

Your collection is probably one of the BIGGEST, but I have no idea how it mgiht compare to other people who want 1 or 2 of everything.

Someone needs to start a checklist website of some kind...
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#285 Posted: 16:40:51 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Graz73
This thread is kinda funny. Although it's obvious that people like t7gga are just messing with you, I think many of us would be quick to refute your idea of "100% complete"

Your collection is probably one of the BIGGEST, but I have no idea how it mgiht compare to other people who want 1 or 2 of everything.

Someone needs to start a checklist website of some kind...

Someone created a checklist on Facebook. It had been posted on the official Facebook page a couple of time.
---
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#286 Posted: 18:08:43 25/04/2012
Oh, the hammer came down and a good number of my posts seem to have magically disappeared...might as well....I forgot there's no use talking to a wall thinking it might move. Good move buddy......I didn't mean to bother you that much to bring you to this.

I do apologize to everybody else that has been subjected to all this. My opinion is still the same but I'll do my best to try to keep it from bothering everybody else.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:07 25/04/2012 by Fernandez2
Matta95 Blue Sparx Gems: 848
#287 Posted: 18:15:19 25/04/2012
You haven't got Dark Spyro single pack!
#288 Posted: 18:22:14 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I know, Matta. smilie

I wish some info would come about it coming to the US. It's the last one my neighbor across the street needs to be 37/37. I wouldn't mind having one myself, for my wall. It would make the singles even, so I don't have a lone Ignitor hanging where you see him hanging in my pic.

I'm sure it being in all other parts of the world, is a sign it's coming to the US soon. In the meantime, it's some much needed R&R after hunting these things down for upwards of 6 months.
---
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#289 Posted: 19:55:28 25/04/2012
our missing one skylander pearl smilie
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#290 Posted: 20:20:32 25/04/2012
soon GameMaster78 can also add these to the list of missing skylanders...

4 minis
flock stump smash
#291 Posted: 20:35:21 25/04/2012
^ keep up at the back ... he has already said that he has won a flocked stump smash ... and anyway (unlike any normal person) he doesn't include variants in 100% completion of his awesome collection
#292 Posted: 22:18:00 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I don't. They are just recolors on the outside if you think about it. My neighbor across the street, who has all Skylanders says his collection is complete, and he isn't lying.

Technically, I could have a sealed set of singles (assuming Dark Spyro is coming to US as a single like everywhere else), 4 adventure packs, the legendary 3 pack, Legendary Trigger Happy, and a Volcanic Vault, and I would have a complete collection. The same goes for everyone else.

Just because people want to justify a complete collection, by saying it takes variants that don't do anything inside the game that the normal versions don't, doesn't mean it's correct. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

To me, a complete collection means owning what I listed above. Everything else, is just extra.

I mean, it would be really stupid to tell random mom #1 that her kid doesn't have a complete collection, because despite owning 37 Skylanders and a Volcanic Vault, they don't own silvers, golds, clears, glows, and Toy Fair Hex and Cynder. That's the way elitists think. Those are the ones who display true arrogance in my opinion.
---
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#293 Posted: 22:23:17 25/04/2012
^ LOL at your post (t7gga) cus its sorta...true. smilie In all honesty if I could I'd have ALL the variants and crap (Otherwise my collection will never be 100% complete in my eyes) but I also refuse to spend the money on them.... For those who have though, thats all you, I'm just saying, I personally wouldn't do it.

And awesome collection, and no offense is meant by me saying what I'm about to say but....I showed my husband your collection, and he officially no longer thinks I'm the crazy one. smilie

I mean I have several doubles (Only because most of the ones I have doubles of were bought in single pack due to me hating to play with the triple packs). I've kept all mine in the box (I'm the Obsessive conpulsive collector type) so yeah.
Just managed to snag myself that lovely Single pack Dark Spyro, oh gawd...excitement level is pretty high. My husband will most likely feel the strong urge to scold me...good thing I like getting into trouble.

So worth it..is basically what I'm saying.

Are you planning on getting in on the little "Sidekicks" thing that shall take place in the summer?
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:21 25/04/2012 by Dunkin
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#294 Posted: 22:25:33 25/04/2012
Personally, I would say 32/32 is complete. Anything else is fluff.

And yes, I own fluff. I'm not proud of it.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#295 Posted: 22:35:12 25/04/2012
I don't. They are just recolors on the outside if you think about it. ...
Just because people want to justify a complete collection, by saying it takes variants that don't do anything inside the game that the normal versions don't, doesn't mean it's correct.

... hmmm, and yet you still spent money on the silver, gold and metallic variants and draw attention to them in your collection photos.

you even went to the trouble of rearranging your collection photos to post the metallic toy fair variant as your very first collection photo ... followed by a photo of the silver variants, then a photo of the gold variants ... ooh, and then the group photo of the silver and gold variants together.

nah, i still think you're just trying to make excuses now.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:39:28 25/04/2012 by t7gga
#296 Posted: 22:41:16 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well you wouldn't be a human, if you didn't form your own opinion, so it's fine to think whatever you want. smilie

My opinion still stands, and I will quote myself -

"I mean, it would be really stupid to tell random mom #1 that her kid doesn't have a complete collection, because despite owning 37 Skylanders and a Volcanic Vault, they don't own silvers, golds, clears, glows, and Toy Fair Hex and Cynder. That's the way elitists think. Those are the ones who display true arrogance in my opinion."

In my eyes, my neighbor has a complete collection, because he has everything Activision and TFB "MEANT" for them to buy. I don't see silvers, golds, TF Cynder/Hex, clears, and glows on the poster, stating "collect them all." If TFB meant for variants to be a part of completing someone's collection, they would have made them easier to find.

Anything outside of 37 Skylanders and two versions of the game, is just extra.

EDIT: I think you guys need to go tell Dan that his collection isn't complete, because he doesn't have the silvers, golds, tf's, clears, and glows.

http://oneofswords.com/2012/04...s-in-one-photo/

I like his first sentence -

"I mentioned on Twitter recently that I’d finally gotten all 32 Skylanders – my collection is complete."

But, who are we fooling, right? He doesn't have a complete collection. His math must be off. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:48:35 25/04/2012 by GameMaster78
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#297 Posted: 23:02:00 25/04/2012
Well you wouldn't be a human, if you didn't form your own opinion, so it's fine to think whatever you want. smilie

"I mean, it would be really stupid to tell random mom #1 that her kid doesn't have a complete collection, because despite owning 37 Skylanders and a Volcanic Vault, they don't own silvers, golds, clears, glows, and Toy Fair Hex and Cynder. That's the way elitists think. Those are the ones who display true arrogance in my opinion."

In my eyes, my neighbor has a complete collection, because he has everything Activision and TFB "MEANT" for them to buy. I don't see silvers, golds, TF Cynder/Hex, clears, and glows on the poster, stating "collect them all." If TFB meant for variants to be a part of completing someone's collection, they would have made them easier to find.

EDIT: I think you guys need to go tell Dan that his collection isn't complete, because he doesn't have the silvers, golds, tf's, clears, and glows.

"I mentioned on Twitter recently that I’d finally gotten all 32 Skylanders – my collection is complete."

But, who are we fooling, right? He doesn't have a complete collection. His math must be off. smilie

Not sure if this was aimed at me or anything but just for safe measure on my end I'll say in repy that "I said MY collection, won't be 100% complete in MY eyes" if if I don't have them all. But then again I'm also a completionist< That would explain that. But I'm happy with mine despite not having any of the Golds/Silvers/Crystals etc. I have blue bash and thats really all the variant I need, less any of the others come my way for cheap (Retail or otherwise).

So thats that. My 0.2 on the matter. To quote someone above (Himewad, I believe) Clearly in all reality 32/32 could technically be considered 100% complete for those non-obsessive conpulsive hard-core collectors. But for completionists such as myself, I say I'll never be 100% done until I get the other variants (Which sad to say will most likely never happen...) and I'm okay with that...sorta.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#298 Posted: 23:04:30 25/04/2012
anyone that has been here long enough is well aware that your opinion has only recently changed. but of course this has nothing to do with the fact that you are now missing so many variants (yeah right).

instead of quoting yourself maybe you can explain yourself.

why do you big up the variants so much in your collection photos if they aren't a big part of a complete collection?
#299 Posted: 23:37:09 25/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dunkin

Not sure if this was aimed at me or anything but just for safe measure on my end I'll say in repy that "I said MY collection, won't be 100% complete in MY eyes" if if I don't have them all. But then again I'm also a completionist< That would explain that. But I'm happy with mine despite not having any of the Golds/Silvers/Crystals etc. I have blue bash and thats really all the variant I need, less any of the others come my way for cheap (Retail or otherwise).

So thats that. My 0.2 on the matter. To quote someone above (Himewad, I believe) Clearly in all reality 32/32 could technically be considered 100% complete for those non-obsessive conpulsive hard-core collectors. But for completionists such as myself, I say I'll never be 100% done until I get the other variants (Which sad to say will most likely never happen...) and I'm okay with that...sorta.

It was in response to Tig

Tig, you act like I won't own them. I WILL OWN THEM! However, people will always be quick to assume, despite not knowing the facts. WHEN (not if) I own them, my stance is still the same about variants. They don't complete my collection, because my collection was complete once my 3rd, 4th, and 5th Wham Shell arrived.

Anything else is just extra credit. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:17 25/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#300 Posted: 01:55:05 26/04/2012
Given the premise of your collection is only complete based on a certain quantity of multiples on the wall and you now desiring Dark Spyro singles - I would hazard to nominate that your collection is now not complete until then.

Prior to the Nurenberg toy fair, you did indeed seem to include your variants as components towards your completion goal.

EDIT: To clarify context, we are not talking about the average kid in the street, we are talking about you. The very first post in this very, 100% Complete, thread itemises the Metallic Cynder and the 3 silvers and 3 golds. Hence, they are relevant within context of the 100%. You also reference variants in the other collection thread (//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44202) in places such as post #160.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:46 26/04/2012 by chaosworrier
First | Previous | Page 6 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me