Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 35 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1701 Posted: 23:41:49 06/08/2013
well there are 99 different in-game skylanders total
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1702 Posted: 01:52:35 07/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax
Ah, I thought you just sold the Spyro's Adventure ones.

Do you think Jet Vac single will be released in the US?

Here's hoping for the sake of those looking to get one of each single pack.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#1703 Posted: 21:32:08 12/08/2013
What are these purple skylanders i keep hearing about? im not seeing them anywhere on the forum. are they the ones that were supposedly fake? or did we really get another wave of variants?
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#1704 Posted: 22:15:10 12/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Another wave of variants. They change color depending on what angle you view them from.
---
#1705 Posted: 20:48:46 13/08/2013
Are they like the E3 cynder? or are they completely different? i dont think the cynder could change colors. whats next? heat detecting "mood" variants?
---
NinThumpEye Blue Sparx Gems: 644
#1706 Posted: 09:01:45 18/09/2013
I have a complete vanilla collection + the legendaries and read the topic and thought "what ever" now im like "dude,has your wallet exploded yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"
---
Elite 8: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#1707 Posted: 17:14:39 24/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, guys, my stance is changing a bit on Skylanders.

NOT IN A BAD WAY by any means. With money - again - getting tight, I MIGHT have to stick to buying 2 of everything for Swap Force, meaning my kids won't get a collection, and I won't get another set to take down path B.

HOWEVER, this is only tentative so far, and I am selling a lot of stuff on Ebay in hopes I can still do 4 of everything, plus 16 of each Swaplander.

In the event I can only do 2 of each, that DOES NOT change the fact I WILL display all 256 combinations of Swaplanders. I still intend to have all unique combinations to play with and display. I am simply not buying a 3rd set of regular figures.

I will be doing 4 of certain things, though. Namely store exclusives, and the Dark Edition Starter Pack. This way, filling out 4 of the rest won't be as hard, since those figures tend to stick around longer.

Also, I see that somehow, my pictures are back on the first page. It isn't updated, nor will it be updated, until Swap Force releases, but there will be an update in probably 18 days. It might not look as crazy as my last launch hauls, but slow and steady wins the race. I will probably have to build up 4 of everything over a period of time, unless I get all of these NES, SNES, PS2, PS3, GBA, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, Dreamcast, PSP, Vita, PS1, DS, Gamecube, 360, Saturn, and Xbox games sold. What I'm selling doesn't even begin to cut into the amount of games I own, but I am trying to fund Skylanders, while dwindling down my game collection, to games I would ABSOLUTELY play again and again.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1708 Posted: 17:17:41 24/09/2013
Hope ya sell at least 1/2 of the games.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1709 Posted: 17:22:55 24/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I go by megax11 on Ebay. If anyone is curious or wants to root for me by seeing if my stuff sells, by all means, check me out and cross your fingers.

The NES and SNES games are a kick to the face for me, but it's nothing I can't get back once I sell a movie. The other stuff on newer systems, I won't really miss, but others might find to be great games. I impulse bought a lot of my games, but they happened to be well reviewed games.

No matter what, I am going to try for 4 of everything, and 16 of each swaplander, but if push comes to shove, it will be 2 of everything and 16 of each swaplander.

In order to try for 4, I will make sure to buy things like Enchanted Loop, Nitro Charge, the Legendaries, Jolly Bumble Blast in sets of 4, while sticking with 2 of the more common stuff, which I can fill out over time.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#1710 Posted: 17:45:01 24/09/2013
Honestly, I would stick with 1 open, one packaged until WAY down the road, if at all. Obviously having a packaged version and a play version is necessary to maintain a significant collection, but really will you EVER play the game where you and your kids want to be exactly the same character at exactly the same time? You will have over a hundred options to select from (not counting swap possibilities), so odds are you can find something else if one of simply HAS to play as some character that doesn't have a repose (and there aren't many of those that you don't/won't already have multiple versions of).

I get that you want to try different paths, but worst case you just reset the figure and level them up again, it doesn't take long - and you get to play the game again while leveling up instead of just steamrolling a maxed character through. And in some cases you can simply Switch Paths. And your "collection", in my opinion, is your packaged ones anyways. The ones you play with are just for fun for yourself. Other than that it is just redundant.

If you later decide you do want to fill in more for paths, get them when they go on fire sale next summer. Part of what is kicking me into "only what I like" this time is some of the crazy good sales I've seen on figures this summer. I'm kicking myself for paying retail when I go by at BJs and see them for $4, triples/battle for $12. Sure, I'll try and pick up ones you probably won't be able to find later now, but those are usually pretty easy to identify. Next summer, if I decide to go that route, I'll be able to fill in the holes much more cheaply. I just don't see myself sitting in the TRU parking lot at 6am waiting for four reposes to pay full retail.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1711 Posted: 18:00:10 24/09/2013
GM, I appreciate your willingness to streamline your process. A lot of us are doing it the same. It simply can't be sustained, or in my case, the pain is not worth the gain.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#1712 Posted: 18:17:48 24/09/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree, Def. That was one thing I was thinking about. I do have favorite paths per Skylander, and the non-favorite paths have been sitting in the closet since I opened them.

However, what I try to do, is build up enough sets of Skylander cards (ones included with the figure), so that one day I could display a set of cards from the first, second, third, etc. game, and then have a set displayed, with all unique characters. So like SSA had 32 unique characters, use those cards, take the 16 unique Skylander cards from Giants, put it with those, as well as the 32 unique cards from Swap Force, so to have a card display for every unique Skylander over how many games are eventually released.

To do this, it requires 4 sets. The kids would tear up their cards, so I always keep those. I need a set that's unused, tacked, stapled, etc.

But, I do agree, Def. I don't mess with the second set of Skylanders. Only way I would, and it goes back to my idea of having a Skylanders site, is for the purposes of showing videos of both paths, to players who are curious as to what each path does, which might help them decide which path is best for them.

GR, it is getting crazy. I applaud how much is being released on day 1, and I applaud getting 32 new landers instead of just 16, but it is a bit much at this point in my life. Not the fault of the developers. It's my fault for not having enough to meet MY goals for purchases in this game. I will fill it out over time, I'm sure, but as of right now, it's 2 of each. I do want my kids to have a set in time, though, despite the fact they barely play the game (but do play it more than Infinity).
---
#1713 Posted: 19:07:29 24/09/2013
I don't blame Activision either, more options are good. And it is actually helping break the mindset that having every version of every figure is a realistic thing to do. I was upset back when they pushed LC Hex back, but at this point I think it is good that they stop people having these expectations.

People will enjoy the game much longer and get burnt out/go broke much slower if they stop feeling the need/entitlement that every single figure must be obtainable and purchased. I'm continually amazed at the number of people that buy every single figure possible (and in multiples). Sure you always have some superfans for popular collector things, but there are a ton of people that consider a third version of Drobot a "MUST GET" thing (for example).
#1714 Posted: 19:08:54 25/09/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I do have one issue on how they did things with Giants. Everything was being released and at a good time, but then they made a big goof.

They never released Triple Packs 8 and 9, as well as Single Pack Jet-Vac here in North America. How do collector's get something they know exists, if they refuse to ship it, but said collector's want it?

It worries me that Activision will do it again with Swap Force. We know 8 Triple Packs exist (non-exclusive), but watch us only get 6, leaving collector's out in the cold here in NA... potentially.
---
#1715 Posted: 19:14:40 25/09/2013
So, 3 Pack 8 and 9 isn't going to be released? I thought it was delayed, not canceled. I would like to wrap up that for Giants (to finish what I start; Swap Force will be different set of objectives entirely).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:18:48 25/09/2013 by GhostRoaster
#1716 Posted: 19:57:09 25/09/2013
I know it pains you guys, but I wouldn't count on seeing these locally. A Jet Vac single, in particular, is kind of pointless - just seeing how S2 Cynder sat on the shelves in the middle of the "season". Most people got it with the Starter, and those that went with the Portal Owners (typically those that aren't collectors) can just get Lightcore, which is readily available. And the Triples, well nothing new in those - so why bother making and shipping them with new stuff coming out in three weeks anyways since they will likely only appeal to a very small minority of even collectors (ones that do "packaged").

I think the take away here is they aren't going to be doing many things with the collector in mind. The first shot across the bow was when they overlapped the games with LC Hex. They are going variant crazy lately, with no end in sight. Even when you have gotten everything in game, they still are adding more stuff. You simply cannot have a complete collection at any point in time, there will always be something new, and even if the game doesn't recognize it, they will throw on a new paint job for a holiday.
#1717 Posted: 20:29:50 25/09/2013
I don't disagree (I got my Jet Vac singles with the LC Hex) I just want to wrap up my triples in Giants. I don't want to entertain eBay prices until I know for sure. I guess it doesn't hurt to wait. I've been watching SSA prices steadily decline so there's no mad rush to get anything now. Time is on my side.
---
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#1718 Posted: 20:35:55 25/09/2013
There's no verifiable way of knowing about this at this point, but I have to agree that it's unlikely that Jet-Vac (non-Lightcore) single packs will ever grace the shelves of retail stores in the USA. It would be pointless, considering that the new Turbo Jet-Vac will appear soonish, and there's still TONS of regular Jet-Vac (in Giants Starter Kits) and even some Lightcore Jet-Vacs all over the place in retail stores throughout the USA currently.

With regard to the Triple Packs "#8" and "#9" from the Giants series, I wouldn't count those out just yet. Triple Packs tend to sell better during the pre-holiday season, and I would not be surprised if those last Triple Packs hit the shelves in November/December, especially now that there is a very strong artificial demand for Series 2 Bash on the market.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
CRBeau1 Blue Sparx Gems: 560
#1719 Posted: 14:03:25 26/09/2013
As awesome as your collection is, I absolutely love that you have a display from a store! Eons ago I brought a massive Mech Commander display home.... on the bus. LOL
---
On a continuous mission searching and rescuing rare and legendary Skylanders for my boys to play with.
#1720 Posted: 17:14:28 05/10/2013 | Topic Creator
Awesome, CRB. Yeah, I have 3 types of store displays now. First game, I have a small shelf that could fit a few SSA figures on it. I guess it hung on pegs itself. The second is the one you see in the pic, for Giants. The third is a lenticular store display showing Wash Buckler and Blast Zone swapping. I will add the former and latter in updated pics, once Swap Force releases.

Speaking of which, I bring news on my plan of attack.

I mentioned only being able to buy 2 of everything on day 1. Well, that's changed. I can now buy 4 of everything. I will be getting 5 Dark Edition Starter Packs, opening a 360 and PS3 version of that, while keeping the others sealed. I will buy 3 3DS Starter Packs for now and 3 regular Starter Packs (Wii U and 360 to open, Wii to keep sealed). Anything left out of a certain set of money for Starter Packs I have, will be used to start building up my 17 of each Swaplander.

It will be a process of getting all 256 combinations bought, but it will be done by the time the final wave of Swap Force has been on shelves for awhile.
---
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#1721 Posted: 19:03:03 05/10/2013
^ Yay!

My plan of attack is one swapper of each of movement type and element plus any others such as Camo and WhamShell.I think Camo will be hard to find.
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
#1722 Posted: 19:30:09 05/10/2013 | Topic Creator
They did a good job, for the most part, in making sure every character in Giants were plentiful. Only thing they messed up on, was making sure Americans got their hands on triple packs 8 and 9, and single pack Jet-Vac. I don't think Camo will be hard to find, especially if the rumor of him being in a battle pack is true.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1723 Posted: 19:51:16 05/10/2013
Good plan. I'm just gonna leave my list here:

SWAP FORCE DAY 1:

Spyro: $10

L-Zoo Lou: $10

Zoo Lou: $10

Roller Brawl: $10

Countdown: $10

Grim Creeper: $13

Smoulderdash: $13

Warnado: $13

L-Free Ranger: $15

L-Night Shift: $15 (May not be out?)

($100 = free Metallic Green Gill Grunt from ToysRUs)

Tower of Time: $25

Fiery Forge: $25

Nitro Magna Charge + Rattle Shake double: $30

Enchanted Hoot Loop: $15

TOTAL: $214..

Yes, you saw it right: Green Gill Grunt is ToysRUs exclusive, only given out if you spend over $100 on Swap Force merchandise. Thank God I didn't blow $190+ on eBay for him.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:24 05/10/2013 by Matteomax
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1724 Posted: 19:57:10 05/10/2013

Yes, you saw it right: Green Gill Grunt is ToysRUs exclusive, only given out if you spend over $100 on Swap Force merchandise. Thank God I didn't blow $190+ on eBay for him.

I don't think it's been confirmed 100% that this will be the same figure.
#1725 Posted: 20:03:06 05/10/2013
Quote: UncleBob

I don't think it's been confirmed 100% that this will be the same figure.

http://portalflip.com/2013/10/...force-purchase:

Cheapassgamer confirmed this.
---
#1726 Posted: 20:12:23 05/10/2013 | Topic Creator
I hear ya, Matteo. Only "Special" variants I will go after, are free ones or ones that cost retail price. Do we even know for sure if L-Free Ranger is out on day 1?
---
#1727 Posted: 20:12:37 05/10/2013
From your link:
Quote:
It’s likely this special edition Gill Grunt will indeed be the sought after metallic version.

Likely isn't confirmed.

This is exactly what was posted on CAG:
Quote:
For rewards members only: Free Special Edition Gill Grunt figure with total Swap Force purchase of $100 or more.($100 does not need to be purchased at one time) Expires 12/31/13.

Gill Grunt coupon will be emailed by 1/18/14 and expires 1/31/14

Not saying it is or it isn't, just saying it isn't 100% confirmed yet.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#1728 Posted: 20:26:40 05/10/2013
I believe that an educated guess has been made based on the fact that the green metallic gill grunt was given out by TRU in France for a contest.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#1729 Posted: 20:31:42 05/10/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I hear ya, Matteo. Only "Special" variants I will go after, are free ones or ones that cost retail price. Do we even know for sure if L-Free Ranger is out on day 1?

100% confirmed by ToysRUs.
---
#1730 Posted: 20:36:09 05/10/2013
Cool. I didnt know that. smilie
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#1731 Posted: 20:39:26 05/10/2013
Quote: shelly9871
Cool. I didnt know that. smilie

Legendary LightCore Grim Creeper, Legendary Zoo Lou, and, possibly, Legendary Night Shift are all day 1.
---
#1732 Posted: 20:39:29 05/10/2013
I believe that an educated guess has been made based on the fact that the green metallic gill grunt was given out by TRU in France for a contest.

It's a good and logical guess.

But it's still just a guess.

Could you imagine someone passing up a cheap-ish (say, $50) Giants Metallic Gill Grunt, thinking they're going to get in on the TRU deal... only to find out it's a different figure?

That's why I urge folks to be specific.
#1733 Posted: 21:00:22 05/10/2013

It's a good and logical guess.

But it's still just a guess.

Could you imagine someone passing up a cheap-ish (say, $50) Giants Metallic Gill Grunt, thinking they're going to get in on the TRU deal... only to find out it's a different figure?

That's why I urge folks to be specific.

True.
---
#1734 Posted: 21:22:46 05/10/2013
I was clear....that I thought it was an educated guess.
---
#1735 Posted: 21:39:45 05/10/2013
I was clear....that I thought it was an educated guess.

It is, and it's highly likely that it is the Metallic one, since ToysRUs France gave away 300 of him.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#1736 Posted: 21:55:27 05/10/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
They did a good job, for the most part, in making sure every character in Giants were plentiful. Only thing they messed up on, was making sure Americans got their hands on triple packs 8 and 9, and single pack Jet-Vac. I don't think Camo will be hard to find, especially if the rumor of him being in a battle pack is true.

Erm... They forgot to bring out Royal everywhere else. smilie
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#1737 Posted: 00:05:46 06/10/2013
The fact is, you get a free Gill Grunt if you spend $100. I'll take it, especially since I plan on spending that much x2. That comes to 6 free characters on Day 1 (2 LC Hex/ 2 Free SF Single/ 2 Promo Gill Grunt)
SkyWorldGod Blue Sparx Gems: 900
#1738 Posted: 00:44:08 06/10/2013
Ghost, how much money have you invested into this?
#1739 Posted: 01:02:44 06/10/2013
Quote: dinoah2005
The fact is, you get a free Gill Grunt if you spend $100. I'll take it, especially since I plan on spending that much x2. That comes to 6 free characters on Day 1 (2 LC Hex/ 2 Free SF Single/ 2 Promo Gill Grunt)

I'd almost place money on the Gill Grunt being one per rewards card. Might be worthy breaking your purchase between two cards.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1740 Posted: 01:16:59 06/10/2013
my plan of epic action!

toysrus-

Xbox 360 game: 74.99

tower of time- 24.99

roller brawl- 10.99

countdown- 10.99

slobber tooth- 10.99

fiery forge- 24.99

hoot loop- 14.99

magna charge- 14.99

l free ranger- 14.99

l night shift (if he's out)- 14.99

free lc hex
free gill grunt

target-
3ds starter- 74.99
LC Grim creeper- 11.99
LC Smolderdash- 11.99

free lc hex

LC Grim Creeper-
portalflip Blue Sparx Gems: 728
#1741 Posted: 01:19:13 06/10/2013
Quote: dinoah2005

I'd almost place money on the Gill Grunt being one per rewards card. Might be worthy breaking your purchase between two cards.

When I told my wife about the promo her very first response was to tell me to sign up for a separate rewards account.
j32bass Yellow Sparx Gems: 1842
#1742 Posted: 02:34:13 06/10/2013
Good plan. I'm just gonna leave my list here:

SWAP FORCE DAY 1:

Spyro: $10

L-Zoo Lou: $10

Zoo Lou: $10

Roller Brawl: $10

Countdown: $10

Grim Creeper: $13

Smoulderdash: $13

Warnado: $13

L-Free Ranger: $15

L-Night Shift: $15 (May not be out?)

($100 = free Metallic Green Gill Grunt from ToysRUs)

Tower of Time: $25

Fiery Forge: $25

Nitro Magna Charge + Rattle Shake double: $30

Enchanted Hoot Loop: $15

TOTAL: $214..

I like your plan, it looks very similar to ours. You didn't mention the starter pack though, we are going with the Dark Starter Pack, are you?
---
Thinkin' 'bout droppin' out.
#1743 Posted: 14:58:57 07/10/2013 | Topic Creator
So, here is my haul for day 1.

Normal Starters -

x1 Wii U
x1 Wii (sealed)
x1 360
x3 3DS

Dark Starters -

x1 Wii U
x1 Wii (sealed)
x1 360
x1 PS3

Exclusives -

x4 Legendary Grim Creeper
x4 Legendary Free Ranger
x4 Enchanted Hoot Loop (pending it's not released on the 18th)
x3 Nitro Magna Charge/Free Ranger (gives me an extra 2 Free Ranger for 256 combo display)
x3 Nitro Magna Charge/Rattle Shake (gives me an extra 2 Rattle Shake for 256 combo display)
x1 Magic Triple Pack (pending it's not released on the 18th)

Swaplanders -

x4 Magna Charge
x4 Hoot Loop
x1 Rattle Shake (sealed)
x1 Free Ranger (sealed)

Newlanders -

x4 Countdown
x4 Roller Brawl
x1 Zoo Lou (sealed)
x1 Slobber Tooth (sealed)

Lightcore -

x4 LC Star Strike
x4 LC Smolderdash
x4 LC Grim Creeper
x4 LC Warnado
x4 LC Flashwing

Series 2/3 -

x1 Spyro (sealed)
x1 Chill (sealed)
x1 Pop Fizz (sealed)
x1 Eruptor (sealed)

Adventure/Battle Packs -

x4 Tower of Time
x4 Fiery Forge

Triple Packs -

x4 Slobber Tooth/Eruptor/Pop Fizz
x4 Zoo Lou/Spyro/Chill

So, that's my day 1, in a nut shell. Any extra money I find will be used to get the remaining 15 Hoot Loop and Magna Charge Skylanders needed to display all 256 combinations. Wash Buckler and Blast Zone aren't going anywhere. I will get the other 15 Wash and Blast, when Starter Packs are on sale for 20 bucks at TRU (happened with Giants recently).
---
#1744 Posted: 15:59:00 07/10/2013
Is there a complete list of all available figures for day 1? (Or is that gamemasters list?)
---
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#1745 Posted: 05:01:58 20/10/2013
Thats a big list you have there smilie
#1746 Posted: 06:00:44 20/10/2013
So will you display all swapped skylanders including variants (legendary, jade, etc)?

or would having a complete swapped display including dark skylanders be too difficult?

whatever you do, best of luck both financially and with figure hunting
---
tobby Ripto Gems: 234
#1747 Posted: 15:04:27 20/10/2013
@GameMaster78

can you compare the normal free ranger and legendary free ranger?..

what is is max differences?... and what is better of the top and bottom when you mix them?.
stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
#1748 Posted: 16:17:13 20/10/2013
Truly, an amazing collection!
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#1749 Posted: 14:00:36 23/10/2013
So when can we expect pictures of the SF wall?
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1750 Posted: 15:31:24 26/10/2013
I know the Swapper Skylanders wont fit in the Sort Master Juniors unless there separated, but will they fit in the Regular Sort Masters without being separated?
Like even in the Smaller compartments in the middle?
I am mainly asking because I need some where to put my 12 Giants, and I know they will fit in the bigger compartments in the Regular Sort Masters (would need 3) and then if my Swappers can fit in the smaller compartments then that would work out perfectly.
First | Previous | Page 35 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me