Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 34 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#1651 Posted: 11:13:01 20/07/2013
Having the same day as the superfan I'll say that's an accomplishment
---
henlo
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1652 Posted: 11:52:03 20/07/2013
there is a collector edition coming.... you gonna buy all system versions gamemaster78?...
skitskat Green Sparx Gems: 228
#1653 Posted: 13:24:21 20/07/2013
Quote: Tashiji
I've got to say, it's a fine mix of admirable and crazy that you're preparing to spend $3840 (plus tax) on a full Swap Force display. You really are insane for Skylanders, but on the other hand, I don't see anyone else preparing to do this.

That's because no one else has to brag about what they have or what they are planning on buying just to receive attention.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#1654 Posted: 14:11:07 20/07/2013
There is a collectors edition coming?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1655 Posted: 15:19:44 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Depends on what this collector's edition has with it. It could just be another glow in the dark Starter Pack, in which case I will buy one copy for each system.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1656 Posted: 16:15:57 20/07/2013
Quote: skitskat
Quote: Tashiji
I've got to say, it's a fine mix of admirable and crazy that you're preparing to spend $3840 (plus tax) on a full Swap Force display. You really are insane for Skylanders, but on the other hand, I don't see anyone else preparing to do this.

That's because no one else has to brag about what they have or what they are planning on buying just to receive attention.

Wow, harsh dude...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1657 Posted: 17:19:44 20/07/2013
^ harsh but true
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1658 Posted: 17:41:30 20/07/2013
All message board posts in the history of the internet are made by people trying to receive attention, though. There's literally nothing differentiating GM's Skylander addiction from your comment except for how much more it costs him.
#1659 Posted: 17:53:40 20/07/2013
Here is an honest question--if you don't like what Gamemaster is doing here --then why come to this thread at all?
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1660 Posted: 17:57:16 20/07/2013
it's sort of like a scab that i can't stop picking ... watching how many times he contradicts himself and throws his toys out of the pram

you weren't around when he went wildly posting around forums because he was such a mr wonderfan and couldn't get the chase variants ... and now he is selling them ... pmsl
#1661 Posted: 19:05:25 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: shelly9871
Here is an honest question--if you don't like what Gamemaster is doing here --then why come to this thread at all?

They do it to troll... in my opinion. There are mature people on this forum, that I have listened to, because they didn't present themselves like children. Then you have the children who can't resist the urge - who know they can't just turn a blind cheek to someone who is always offending them.

I don't take offense to people like Tig, Shelly. The dude doesn't know any better. He's just bored and likes to cause a ruckus. In the past, these people - I won't name names cause some probably still lurk even if they don't post - even admitted to doing it to rile up others because it was "fun."

That's how I separate the trolls from those who are trying to give me legit advice.

Tig's just another dust in the wind to me. His words are meaningless, because half of the time, it's condescending drivel. He will continue to hang onto my pinky, because I am that scab he can't stop peeling. However, I stopped peeling my scabs in elementary school, metaphorically speaking. smilie
---
#1662 Posted: 19:33:07 20/07/2013
I don't have anything against anybody--Tig, you, everybody here.
I was honestly curious.
Within the perimeters of being respectful to one another I think we should all voice our opinions--good or bad--especially when there is a comment directed towards someone specifically. However--me personally--if I don't enjoy a thread--I may comment, but I leave. It's hard not to fire off a post when frustrated. I've written many posts where once I'm done, I reread, and decide there isn't any point in posting it other than to go back and forth. Clearly I'm not saying I don't engage sometimes because I do.
I'm glad it doesn't bother you personally because I take posts directed at me personally, another thing I continue to work on.
I just hope we all try to be respectful. I will concede that I am new here and therefore im not aware of the history between different people. Anyway--I've added my 2cents.
Thanks all---
---
#1663 Posted: 20:25:59 20/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I used to take it seriously, but I don't anymore, because there will always be critics. No one on the planet can please everyone, so you just gotta let the hate go in one ear and out the other... for the most part. I used to respond out of frustration, and get chapped over harsh things said to me, then I remembered... it's just the internet.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#1664 Posted: 20:53:46 20/07/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
They do it to troll... in my opinion.

GM78, t7gga disagrees with you. There is a difference. Kappa trolled you with that fake account to stir up a superfan war to end all wars. t7gga and myself disagree with you. You're constantly contradicting yourself. One good example is the fit you threw over the price hikes from the first game. Yet you still have 4 of everything despite the increase in cost. I have no doubt in my mind you will collect the next game's characters even if the price increases, unlike your earlier promise.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1665 Posted: 21:14:39 20/07/2013
I like his rant about LightCore Hex and how he wasn't going to buy SWAP Force if *he* didn't have four of her before SWAP Force's release... All because he cares about the little people... I guess he doesn't care if they can get her, just if they can see her in his collection or something. smilie
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1666 Posted: 01:57:29 22/07/2013
I used to take it seriously, but I don't anymore, because there will always be critics. No one on the planet can please everyone, so you just gotta let the hate go in one ear and out the other... for the most part. I used to respond out of frustration, and get chapped over harsh things said to me, then I remembered... it's just the internet.

Like my father says sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.I admire you GM78 and I know you heard this multiple times before but I con't wait for your SF collection and to see all combos displayed but of coarse depending on if you can find the room to.Happy hunting in October.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#1667 Posted: 02:01:39 22/07/2013
GM78, your collection never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I look at the pictures. My little sister has asked me on numerous occasions to emulate what you have done, despite telling her that there would be no plausible way for us to do so, haha. We're both extremely looking forward to the update to your collection come SF, and see all 256 combinations in one place. Best of luck in your endeavors to do so! :3
---
Red Panda does not approve.
fateorfear Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#1668 Posted: 18:59:05 22/07/2013
I would just like to take a minute to put my two pence worth in here, I've not been on here for quite a while, I would like to say, my name is Roland Rogers, yes, that Roland Rogers, whoever it is on here impersonating me and being an absolute P**** in the process you, my friend are about to come unstuck, I've just been in the studio with family gamer tv again, if you believe you are me, you tell me what my visit was about and I will provide photographic evidence of exactly what happened and why I was there!
Go on, I challenge you!!!
---
DARK SPYRO HAS RETURNED!!!!
#1669 Posted: 19:09:57 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks, azz and lady. Glad to see other people see collections as being good despite the lack of chase variants.

I was thinking about something last night, when my 48 year old neighbor/Skylanders fan came over. I see how much he likes the series, and he has way less than a lot of us here.

I could just see in him how much of a fan he was, due to his growing knowledge of Skylanders, the fact he has beaten both games 100% and he is now working on all 45 Heroics for all of the Skylanders he owns, plus finishing all quests.

It's the only game he plays, despite owning other games.

It got me thinking about how you can tell who a fan is, and who is collecting for other reasons. A lot of people have seen my lack of the chase variants, but still like the way my collection looks, and it goes back to what I've said about collections that lack chase variants.

One doesn't need to own chase variants to have an awesome collection. Infact, anyone who thinks they're needed is basically slapping all other Skylanders fans in the face, as that's basically them acting arrogant by saying, "look at me, I got chase variants. My collection beats yours."

In my eyes, a true Skylanders fan plays this game like a religion, like my neighbor across the street. A huge amount of Skylanders isn't needed, just extreme love for the franchise.

My neighbors anxiousness towards this franchise has put me into a frenzy as of late. Skylanders is still the only game I play, despite owning over 1000 games and having beaten both Skylanders games shortly after their release, but when he told me what he was doing, it put some motivation into me.

Now I am gunning for all 9 quests completed for everyone of my open Skylanders. That's 99 x2. Same goes for Heroics. I've been playing with a lot of different Skylanders as of late, to see what their potential is after maxed out. I am starting to get fond of characters I thought I never would.

After completing my first Skylanders 100% (Giants), I restarted the file last night, so I wouldn't have any "Special" Skylanders registered, and I can't wait to 100% it again. 80/80 Skystones, 3 stars each level, 9 quests completed on 180 Skylanders, and doing 8100 Heroics for 180 Skylanders.

I am glad to see, though, that people still enjoy looking at the collection despite the complete lack of chase variants. I have never thought a collection needed them, but my mind went into stupid mode when I started spending hundreds just to register a unique "Special" Skylander. 10 or 15 bucks... fine. However, there's no need to keep paying out of the butt for Activision's mistakes in making chase variants so hard to get. I'd rather sit on that 1000+ and be smart, but still growing a collection that I hope people enjoy looking at.

I am strictly poster Skylanders/Legendary/Ingame Variants only... for the time being. However, at the same time, I am building a unique collection which now includes a Swap Force Lenticular Standee, which a friend from Gamestop gave me. smilie

When I take my "The End" pics for the completion of the Giants collection, I will add a pic of it as well.
---
#1670 Posted: 19:10:22 22/07/2013
Quote: Skybagel
I would love to see a large collection picture, GameMaster.

I don't think this guy (on the forums) is legit. I think it is some kid who took the user name of the collector Roland Rogers and took a picture of a bunch of boxes in his garage (or someone else's off of the internet) that do not contain Skylanders. The reason I say this is because his grammar is not amazing... it looks like the grammar of a young kid. Also, the accout was created yesterday, after GameMaster mentioned Roland Rogers... but, hey, I may be mistaken. No offense to you. (EDIT: Ninja'd by Tashiji smilie)

But, if you really are Roland Rogers, take the figures out of the boxes and display them all. Play with them, too. Have you played the games? If you show us all of this, have a lot more figures (GameMaster gives some of his figures to his kids... do you?), and you are better at the game than GameMaster, then you can convince us you are a better collector. Until then, that is not going to happen.

I will not be biased, and I would like to see a fair comparison between the two collections. Good luck to both of you.

(EDIT 2: His account was Ripto'd! Obvious fake is obvious! I was going to look up the picture on the Internet right after posting this, too... but I got beaten to it by two others. Well, it looks like he or she was a fake after all.)

I'm glad someone here realised it wasn't me
---
#1671 Posted: 19:12:21 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: fateorfear
I would just like to take a minute to put my two pence worth in here, I've not been on here for quite a while, I would like to say, my name is Roland Rogers, yes, that Roland Rogers, whoever it is on here impersonating me and being an absolute P**** in the process you, my friend are about to come unstuck, I've just been in the studio with family gamer tv again, if you believe you are me, you tell me what my visit was about and I will provide photographic evidence of exactly what happened and why I was there!
Go on, I challenge you!!!

Welcome to the forum, real Roland Rogers. Yeah, it was just someone having fun. I thought it was kind of funny, actually. However, rules are rules, and apparently the forum doesn't take kindly to impersonation.

Just don't let it get to ya. We all live once. Gotta have a little fun. Actions have been dealt to that user, so it's water under the bridge. Not that it ever offended me.

Think of it like this, you have a fan out there, who wants to be you. smilie
---
#1672 Posted: 19:25:48 22/07/2013
im glad of that, its been 12 months since I ACTUALLY last used the forum, ive been in the studio with family gamer tv again today as I-Wei, lead toy designer of toysforbob sent him a gift for me, and I looked up his blog online and found he had blogged about me and I thought, you know what, ill see what else has been said and I googled the words roland rogers skylanders and it bought me back here to a conversation that I was not at all impressed with, so I thought it best to log in and clear the air.
I-Wei drew me a couple special pictures of hot-dog, signed them and sent them to Andy to give to me, youll see this on the video when it goes live soon,
believe me when I say my collection is not in boxes in a stupidly large garage, what I also think is funny is that when the fake user was taking photos and posting them on here I was in fact sunning myself on the beautiful monastir beaches of Tunisia on my honeymoon,
basically my collection is nowhere near as large as yours
I have one full set of the main characters to play with 1 set boxed, a few of the lucky dip variants boxed, and all of the store specials boxed, ive got some shop display stuff too because of where I work and of course my tattoo.
as you requested pics of mr fake guys collection for proof I really don't think that I need to bother, you've seen the videos.
anyways, hit me up to chat sometime
and if you wanna get me a set of the giants sidekicks id love you forever as they wont make it over here to the uk for at least 12 months, weve only just got a competition for the original sidekicks and even that is only for gill runt and whisper elf.
---
#1673 Posted: 19:52:45 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I never mind helping people overseas. I've helped another who posts here and on Neogaf, who lives around your neck of the woods. He has helped me as well, and is a really nice guy.

I will see if I can't find a way to help you get some Giantkicks. I have 16 ordered so far, and ran out of addresses. However, it seems that once these leave Frito-Lay's hands (the corporation running the promotion), they will go to Gamestop.

Like I said about the imposter, I think he was just having fun. You should have seen his avatar. I thought it was inventive. When I am not down and out, I am a prankster as well, I can't lie. So, when I saw that, I thought it was an imposter. That user and I have talked about it in PM. No harm done.

I hope you do share pics of your collection. Vhraina has a collection topic a lot of people post their collections at. You could always show it here as well. Whichever you prefer. Grats on the I-Wei Hot Dog pics.

About my collection being large, and as I stated to you earlier, we all have excellent collections. We love what insecure gamers wouldn't give a chance due to the "kiddie" nature of this franchise. Their bad. As long as well all love Skylanders, that's all that matters.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1674 Posted: 20:02:26 22/07/2013
Well, he finally steps up.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#1675 Posted: 20:18:34 22/07/2013
Quote: Matteomax

haven't been on her for nearly 12 months, I just happened to find a post on here with my name on It and thought some things should be laid to rest

I will get round to posting the pics soon, ive just seen the profile pic, it was quite funny
---
#1676 Posted: 20:20:13 22/07/2013
Quote: fateorfear

haven't been on her for nearly 12 months, I just happened to find a post on here with my name on It and thought some things should be laid to rest

I will get round to posting the pics soon, ive just seen the profile pic, it was quite funny

Thank you!
---
#1677 Posted: 20:24:57 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Roland has an admirer in his imposter. smilie
---
#1678 Posted: 20:31:05 22/07/2013

Kappa?
---
#1679 Posted: 20:49:54 22/07/2013
[img][User Posted Image][/img]
---
#1680 Posted: 20:50:34 22/07/2013

Kappa?

^this
---
#1681 Posted: 21:00:36 22/07/2013
yes it was me that was the mastermind behind the prank.... and i deeply apologize to the real roland rogers, it was not meant to hurt him. the idea was to have a few post just for fun, like super collector vs super collector. with a showdown showing off who had the most skylanders. anyway i knew i couldn't go further than the fake garage pic... before you guys caught up to me, since you all would google like mad for the pics. the plan in the end was to reveal it was me, and not roland rogers. but as you know i got a two week vacations instead..
#1682 Posted: 21:03:32 22/07/2013
apology accepted.
---
#1683 Posted: 21:04:04 22/07/2013 | Topic Creator
That's pretty pimp, Roland. Grats on that.
---
#1684 Posted: 15:03:38 24/07/2013
the videos have gone live, please bear in mind ive just comeback from a ultra all inclusive honeymoon so even though he camera adds about ten pounds the other extra 20 was me, lol
---
#1685 Posted: 15:15:05 24/07/2013
video where???
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1686 Posted: 15:43:29 24/07/2013
Quote: kappapopm
video where???

Found it:

(I also left a comment, by the way smilie)
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#1687 Posted: 15:46:53 24/07/2013
awshum!... smilie
#1688 Posted: 16:38:57 24/07/2013
There is another video on there too, I'm pretty sure that you conclusively proves I am who I say I am!
---
#1689 Posted: 16:39:48 24/07/2013
I meant this not you^
---
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1690 Posted: 00:31:18 02/08/2013
Gnarly Tree Rex Single has been released, my friend.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#1691 Posted: 00:38:45 02/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Yep. Just waiting for my local Walmart to get them, as well as get my final two Giantkicks before I make my "The End" post, which should include a pretty neat pic of everything Skylanders related all together in one pic (hopefully).
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1692 Posted: 19:14:08 06/08/2013
Time for THE END.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1693 Posted: 21:20:30 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Indeed. smilie The end of the Giants collection that is.

I am already building money for Swap Force launch. I will be taking a lot of pics today or this weekend, to reflect the completion of my Giants collection.
---
#1694 Posted: 21:22:55 06/08/2013
Gamemaster78---do you stil need that last trading card--if so PM me
---
#1695 Posted: 22:29:24 06/08/2013
You got the Purple variants?
---
#1696 Posted: 22:41:01 06/08/2013
I think I saw that he is selling the glitters etc.
---
#1697 Posted: 23:28:34 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
I sold my variants, Matteo. I looked at myself in the mirror one day and said "wow, I paid 1 grand to get all of these variants that register as Special." 1 grand to increase my totals is sheer stupidity on my end. For now on, if I can't find any in store, I won't own them. It's not my fault they're made impossible to find, so I shouldn't have to pay the price for it. Other people can if they want.

My collection won't look any worse without them. I still have some variants that haven't sold yet, but some have. The rest are up and waiting for someone to buy them. I am hoping someone does, so I can have this huge burden off my chest.

I will just stick with everything that's on the poster, plus Alter Egos and Legendaries.
---
#1698 Posted: 23:29:23 06/08/2013 | Topic Creator
Oh, and Shelly, I will PM you later. I've been devoting my day to playing Dragon's Crown on the PS3/Vita. By far the best beat'em up I've ever played.
---
#1699 Posted: 23:32:35 06/08/2013
Ah, I thought you just sold the Spyro's Adventure ones.

Do you think Jet Vac single will be released in the US?
---
#1700 Posted: 23:40:03 06/08/2013
I'm curious. Is the 99 figure all the characters less the variants--I also see 133---
---
First | Previous | Page 34 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me