Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done.
First | Previous | Page 32 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Skylanders Collection: Filler time - 256 and done. [CLOSED]
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#1551 Posted: 14:44:35 29/06/2013
Gamemaster78 have you gotten the skylanders chips yet
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1552 Posted: 14:48:52 29/06/2013
Congratulations on getting everything.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1553 Posted: 14:58:28 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skylanders fan
Gamemaster78 have you gotten the skylanders chips yet

Sadly, I have not. I need 13 bags, though. Since Mario7604 was kind enough to help, I told him I'd get him a set for free, just for sticking his neck out for me. 1 bag I need just to cut up and use for decoration (like I did with the first Sidekicks). The other 8 are for me. I am going hunting for them today, but I don't expect to have any luck finding them.

Quote: somePerson
Congratulations on getting everything.

Thanks. It's been a journey so far.

In order to display Swap Force stuff at all, I may have to not even make a figure display shelf, and only display single packs. Or, merge all of my walls, and have things displayed together, like single, triple, adventure, battle, legendary, and ingame variant packs, and just reorganize it all starting with the SSA wall. That would make each wall just a general Skylanders wall.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1554 Posted: 18:56:50 29/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I wish they would have registered as Special. That would have rocked.

Given the snafu in Giants with GITD Sonic Boom and Glitter Sonic Boom registering as the same character technically, I'd recommend they move away from just "Special" and actually call it out.

Glitter Sonic Boom, Glow in the Dark Sonic Boom, etc. I hope they have more data in the description for the character to accommodate it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
shelly9871 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1246
#1555 Posted: 20:04:14 29/06/2013
I have a question--with displaying the skykanders--do they start to separate from cardboard and/or have other problems? We would love to display ours but we just don't have the room. So for now they are divided into bins. But we have one bin or another out every week or so. My son just likes to look at them etc. (he also has an open set.). But, I'm wondering when we do have the room if they'd get damaged at all if we displayed them. When we have room, we will display them, regardless, because he will enjoy that so much. But I'd like to keep them as nice as possible.
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
#1556 Posted: 20:19:54 29/06/2013 | Topic Creator
My sealed packs from SSA (2011) are still holding together. I gave that some thought, recently. If the glue ever comes loose, I will no longer buy versions to keep sealed, due to no being able to rely on having them stay sealed.

What I will do with my figures that come from loose packaging (should it ever happen), is give them to my 3 year old, who loves Skylanders and has a select few.

However, as of now, they are still holding tight.
---
#1557 Posted: 21:22:48 29/06/2013
That's encouraging---
Thanks---
---
Please see my guestbook for the remaining packs I need---Any help is appreciated. smilie
RolandRogers Ripto Gems: 13
#1558 Posted: 23:37:08 29/06/2013
Hey GameMaster78 i have now joined the forums of darkspyro. I see you have a very large and nice collection but not as large and nice as mine. I must admit that i was not completely honest on FGTV, in fact i have 3 of everything. But most of my collection is packed away in the garage at the moment, and not on display in my living room. I read here at darkspyro you don't have the PS3 Skylanders bundle, i own 3 of them already. When it comes to the Japanese edition of SSA i have that covered since i work at retail. So your days as the biggest Skylanders collector is coming to an end.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1559 Posted: 00:47:13 30/06/2013
Quote: RolandRogers
Hey GameMaster78 i have now joined the forums of darkspyro. I see you have a very large and nice collection but not as large and nice as mine. I must admit that i was not completely honest on FGTV, in fact i have 3 of everything. But most of my collection is packed away in the garage at the moment, and not on display in my living room. I read here at darkspyro you don't have the PS3 Skylanders bundle, i own 3 of them already. When it comes to the Japanese edition of SSA i have that covered since i work at retail. So your days as the biggest Skylanders collector is coming to an end.

No he will live you are gonna end.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#1560 Posted: 00:52:20 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
LOL!

Awesome post, welcome to the forums. The lack of the PS3 bundle is made up by having 4 of the Wii (NA only it appears) Gnarly Tree Rex bundles.

Since everyone in the world knows it's easy to say something, but a picture is worth a thousand words, so I would love to see your 3 of everything. That puts us at about equal, but don't forget, there is a 4th complete set in this house as well, due to my kids having their own collection. Once they are done with it, any my son is growing out of it already, it's mine, so make that 4 sets of each. smilie

I would very much love to see your collection, however. I would love to see all of the sealed Single, Triple, Adventure, Battle, and System Exclusive Bundles (sealed). I would love to see your open figures, plus any neat extras you have, like chase variants, merchandise, etc.

I love seeing other peoples' collection, so now that you're here, share away. smilie

On top of my figures, I also have this -

[User Posted Image]

Thanks again TFB, love you guys. I promise I am still getting a frame for it, I just need to find a spot for it. I had my son and his friend hold that out for me. smilie

I also got all kinds of neat knick knacks, like all of the Happy Meal toys, a flat Happy Meal Skylanders box, only at Walmart Molten Hot Dog/McDonalds poster, I even found a rare Skylanders Topps Starter Pack, with a Legendary Bouncer card that doesn't have his name printed on it -

[User Posted Image]

Oh, and a friend at Gamestop gave me this poster. It's massive. It's cardboard or a heavier cardstock. It was when they displayed Skylanders SSA stuff at their store -

[User Posted Image]

I could keep going with stuff I never took pictures of yet, but I will save it for when it's needed.

All of this, is on top of 3 (one day 4) of each figure, 8 copies of the first game, 12 copies of the second game, and eventually 17 copies of Swap Force (home console) and 17 (if Free Ranger and Rattle Shake aren't getting a single pack release) of the 3DS version. So, you got a ways to go, but I welcome the challenge. smilie

I can't wait to see pics of your stuff. Post away. smilie Welcome to the forums, again. Can't wait to see your stuff. Unpack those babies. I love seeing new collections pop up on Darkspyro.

EDIT: Just wait until you see me lay out all 256 combinations of Swap Force Skylanders, side by side... in my kitchen. 16 rows of 16 demands lots of space, afterall. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:45 30/06/2013 by GameMaster78
#1561 Posted: 01:03:33 30/06/2013
Oh free ranger is getting a single.
---
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#1562 Posted: 01:04:52 30/06/2013
I'm still convinced that Gamemaster has the better collection, however, since he sold his SA variants, I'm not sure.
#1563 Posted: 04:22:01 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, the only people who ever acknowledged they existed, were people on this forum. Even friends who came over basked at the fact I had three walls full of Skylanders, over the fact I had variants of Skylanders. Some of my friends said I should sell them, because they made my collection look like crap, when displayed, due to how ugly they were.
---
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#1564 Posted: 04:40:34 30/06/2013
I understand that you sold them if you needed money, etc, but I don't think they look ugly. I actually like how they look lol.
#1565 Posted: 05:45:06 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I think they should have made them all seethrough, but different colors. That would have rocked.
---
#1566 Posted: 12:51:10 30/06/2013
Quote: RolandRogers
Hey again GameMaster78 since i consider myself as the no.1 super-fan, my goal is to collect everything Skylanders. I have a rather large collection of skylanders and i am not bragging when i say i have 5 Wii Gnarly Tree Rex bundles. These bundles was imported and easy to get since i work at retail. If you're serious into Skylanders collecting like me, i expect you to at least get a couple of these PS3 bundles. Saying you have the Wii variant of the bundle and calling it a day, don't make up for it. What i have seen you got of Skylanders laying around the house isn't really that much. If you are starting to drop a bundle or figure here and there, you will just be looked upon as a casual Skylander gamer. So if you continue dropping stuff i don't think you have the rights to call yourself the biggest Skylanders collector at all.

I would love to take a lot of pictures but as you already know, i am getting married and are very busy at the moment. The plan is to get a bigger house so i can give my Skylanders collection the display it deserve. At the moment most of my collection is packed away in the garage. So i have taken a picture of that to show you here.

[User Posted Image]

As you see there are many boxes, i have a couple of very rare store display, posters and other promotional stuff. My Skylanders figures and bundles are in their original boxes they was packaged in when shipped from China. I am not sure i am gonna open them all yet, they may lose some value, after all they are boxed in the boxes from the factory.

10 years later
You now know you dine nothing with your life and ebay has most skylanders for 0.01.
BUT STILL YOU THINK YOUR SPECIAL SOME PEOPLE HAVE PROTOTYPE SKYLANDERS ON THIS SITE SO YEAH. But still you are no fan you do not play with them so you are no collector have green gill?
---
#1567 Posted: 13:00:06 30/06/2013
What does that even mean? I'm trying to read it--
---
Ristogriffith Green Sparx Gems: 100
#1568 Posted: 13:06:24 30/06/2013
lol.. I think GameMaster still wins. Having store displays isn't that impressive, I have two different ones myself and I don't consider myself in league with most of the people here.. I dunno why you would keep them sealed in their boxes from China though, I can put some rocks in a box and label them Skylanders and seal it up and my collection would be just as useful. The real reason GM wins though is his signed poster from TFB.
#1569 Posted: 13:17:37 30/06/2013
^ All of it.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#1570 Posted: 13:46:39 30/06/2013
I still think GameMaster78 collection is better.
---
Lash Blue Sparx Gems: 820
#1571 Posted: 14:01:09 30/06/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob
I still think GameMaster78 collection is better.

If nothing else, GM is a little less douchey about it.
---
Lashie on Lost Islands.
#1572 Posted: 14:34:00 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Man, I was hoping to see the collection, not boxes. smilie

According to your interview, you are a toy collector in general. There could be an original G.I. Joe with kung-fu grip in those boxes for all we know. smilie

Come on, share the love. Share your collection pics. I think now may be a good time to do something I've always wanted to do. Use my entire kitchen to display EVERYTHING Skylanders related I have. That means taking every sealed figure off of my wall. I know if I can do it, you can too.

I'm not the only one wanting to see this grand collection you say you have. We're all fans here, so unbox those babies and lay it on all of us curious Skylanders fans. That's the reason Vhraina and I made collection topics, is so others would post theirs as well. smilie

True Skylander fans don't keep their figures sealed away in a garage. You gotta play with those puppies. I am in the middle of taking all of my skylanders (37 original 62 Giants) through all 45 Heroics for Giants, plus the 2 missing from the first game. 47 Heroics for 99 Skylanders is what, 4,653 total Heroic Challenges to do? That's what Skylanders fans do.

For real, though, show us your love of Skylanders. While none of those boxes look like Skylanders shipping boxes from China, if there are Skylanders in there, posting a pic of a collection doesn't look good, if it's a bunch of brown boxes.

I think I will finally take a master pic of my entire collection... if it will all fit in my kitchen, and in the frame of my camera. I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but again, actions in this case is pics. I'll show you all if you show me all? smilie
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1573 Posted: 14:49:56 30/06/2013
I'm probably not the first person to notice that RolandRogers is obviously a troll account that someone registered to mess with GM, but I don't mind being the first to say something about it. This guy is obviously a sock puppet for some other forum member who noticed your reaction to the actual thread about Roland Rogers, and figured they would use it to get a rise out of you. It's still not too late to start ignoring that person. I guarantee you the actual Roland Rogers isn't posting in this thread.
#1574 Posted: 14:54:04 30/06/2013
If that's true, a mod should be able to sniff their IP, right?
#1575 Posted: 15:00:04 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji
I'm probably not the first person to notice that RolandRogers is obviously a troll account that someone registered to mess with GM, but I don't mind being the first to say something about it. This guy is obviously a sock puppet for some other forum member who noticed your reaction to the actual thread about Roland Rogers, and figured they would use it to get a rise out of you. It's still not too late to start ignoring that person. I guarantee you the actual Roland Rogers isn't posting in this thread.

I originally thought it was a joke account just to have fun with me. They're doing a good job, too. smilie

However, I don't want to jump the gun, incase it's the real person.

Even still, this is all in the name of fun. Despite my love for Skylanders, I never take comparing collections seriously. In mentioning that I want to take a grand pic of everything together in one space, I had original plans to do that after I completed my Giants collection and again after each collection is finished for each upcoming game.

However, I just remembered I got Giantkicks to get in. So, I will wait until my 8 Giantkicks arrive, before taking a grand pic using my kitchen.

I hope it isn't a joke account, used to troll others with collections, as I would like to see the dude's collection. However, if it is a troll account, I find it quite humorous, in all acutality.
---
#1576 Posted: 15:03:47 30/06/2013
Quote: Ristogriffith
If that's true, a mod should be able to sniff their IP, right?

Probably. I mean, all he's using is rhetoric designed to get under GM's skin and get a reaction. There seems to be no other purpose to the account at all. I would imagine that somebody could find that same picture of generic boxes sitting in someone's garage on Google without much trouble if they tried. Obvious fake is obvious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:04 30/06/2013 by Tashiji
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1577 Posted: 15:04:36 30/06/2013
I would love to see a large collection picture, GameMaster.

I don't think this guy (on the forums) is legit. I think it is some kid who took the user name of the collector Roland Rogers and took a picture of a bunch of boxes in his garage (or someone else's off of the internet) that do not contain Skylanders. The reason I say this is because his grammar is not amazing... it looks like the grammar of a young kid. Also, the accout was created yesterday, after GameMaster mentioned Roland Rogers... but, hey, I may be mistaken. No offense to you. (EDIT: Ninja'd by Tashiji smilie)

But, if you really are Roland Rogers, take the figures out of the boxes and display them all. Play with them, too. Have you played the games? If you show us all of this, have a lot more figures (GameMaster gives some of his figures to his kids... do you?), and you are better at the game than GameMaster, then you can convince us you are a better collector. Until then, that is not going to happen.

I will not be biased, and I would like to see a fair comparison between the two collections. Good luck to both of you.

(EDIT 2: His account was Ripto'd! Obvious fake is obvious! I was going to look up the picture on the Internet right after posting this, too... but I got beaten to it by two others. Well, it looks like he or she was a fake after all.)
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:14:15 30/06/2013 by Skybagel
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#1578 Posted: 15:04:49 30/06/2013
Quote: Tashiji

I thought that too, I think the Roland account is fake that its not really him and someone here saw GameMaster78 comments about Roland collections so he/she desided to make an fake account for Roland but then again theres proof smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:52 30/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#1579 Posted: 15:08:05 30/06/2013
Welp, I was right. They didn't even dig very deeply for that picture of boxes. It's literally towards the top of the first page when searching Google Image for "boxes in garage." Here's the URL:

http://hmunro.files.wordpress....xes-1050278.jpg

Are we done here? Again, obvious fake is obvious.
#1580 Posted: 15:09:07 30/06/2013
I hve proof now, i search "boxes in garage" on google and found this http://hmunro.wordpress.com/20...really-matters/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:19 30/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#1581 Posted: 15:10:35 30/06/2013
His account was Ripto'd, too! Lol!
---
#1582 Posted: 15:11:07 30/06/2013
Kinda sad. That's pretty much harassment.
#1583 Posted: 15:20:42 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Ah, man. It was fun while it lasted. smilie

It would have been cool, if on the avatar pic, there would have been a huge flame behind the pic of Rolan, followed by the caption, "I am Rolan Rogers deal with it" with some shades on Rolan. smilie

I am still going to take a grand pic, as soon as my Giantkicks come in. It's always been a plan of mine. To take every piece of merch, and display it all together.
---
#1584 Posted: 15:21:56 30/06/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Ah, man. It was fun while it lasted. smilie

It would have been cool, if on the avatar pic, there would have been a huge flame behind the pic of Rolan, followed by the caption, "I am Rolan Rogers deal with it" with some shades on Rolan. smilie

I am still going to take a grand pic, as soon as my Giantkicks come in. It's always been a plan of mine. To take every piece of merch, and display it all together.

Awesome, I still want to see it smilie
---
#1585 Posted: 15:23:32 30/06/2013
Was going to suggest if you can't get everything in one shot maybe just take a few and then piece them together in photoshop or paint and make a huge pic.. But if your phone has panoramic pic like the iphone and some android phones, that might be way easier.
#1586 Posted: 15:24:57 30/06/2013
use canon or nikon for the best quality picture ever smilie
#1587 Posted: 15:26:51 30/06/2013
I think kappapopm was the one who made the troll account... he was Gnorc'd right after "RolandRogers" was Ripto'd...

Plus, look at this:

Quote: kappapopm
i heard that Roland Rogers the super-skylanders fan have got the ps3 bundle with blue rex!.. we cant have any of this gamemaster78, now you must get that ps3 bundle.

This was posted on this topic (a page back) about 6 hours prior to the "RolandRogers" account being created.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:27:30 30/06/2013 by Skybagel
#1588 Posted: 15:31:58 30/06/2013
Quote: Skybagel
I think kappapopm was the one who made the troll account... he was Gnorc'd right after "RolandRogers" was Ripto'd...

Plus, look at this:

i heard that Roland Rogers the super-skylanders fan have got the ps3 bundle with blue rex!.. we cant have any of this gamemaster78, now you must get that ps3 bundle.

This was posted on this topic (a page back) about 6 hours prior to the "RolandRogers" account being created.

Maybe it is just a coincidence.
---
#1589 Posted: 15:32:35 30/06/2013

Plus, look at this:

Kappa is suspended smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:36:59 30/06/2013 by Hexblazer
#1590 Posted: 15:33:15 30/06/2013

Plus, look at this:

This "RolandRogers" guy also had the same awful grammar as kappapopm... I find it hard to believe that it was a coincidence.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:34:43 30/06/2013 by Skybagel
#1591 Posted: 15:41:39 30/06/2013

Plus, look at this:

This "RolandRogers" guy also had the same awful grammar as kappapopm... I find it hard to believe that it was a coincidence.

What if he was gnorced for something for something else...
---
#1592 Posted: 15:46:44 30/06/2013
The simplest explanation is almost always the correct one.
#1593 Posted: 15:50:05 30/06/2013

What if he was gnorced for something for something else...

At the same exact time... when he was the one who brought up the Roland Rogers thing... same exact grammar as kappapopm...

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:51:18 30/06/2013 by Skybagel
#1594 Posted: 15:53:38 30/06/2013
What about all the topic bumps he did in the Fan Art section?
---
#1595 Posted: 15:55:46 30/06/2013

That was a while back, I don't think he would be randomly Gnorc'd later... come on, wreckingballbob, look at the evidence.
---
#1596 Posted: 15:57:23 30/06/2013

That was a while back, I don't think he would be randomly Gnorc'd later... come on, wreckingballbob, look at the evidence.

Lots of users on the site have bad grammar.
---
#1597 Posted: 16:02:29 30/06/2013

Lots of users on the site have bad grammar.

If you want to firmly believe it was a coincidence, I will not hold you back and I certainly can not change what you believe. I can absolutely assure you that it was kappapopm... The other two pieces of evidence basically make it impossible to deny... They were banned/suspended at literally the exact same time... Plus kappapopm was the one who brought the whole issue up in the first place. Who else do you think it could be? I don't see anyone else on the site being Gnorc'd... Plus dark52 knows who it is due to the IP Address... And the grammar of the "RolandRogers" person looks just like kappa's... sigh... ask dark52 if you still don't believe it was him. I won't hold you back from what you believe.
---
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#1598 Posted: 16:36:30 30/06/2013
You should be collecting for fun, not just "to be the number one fan" (unless that's the fun to you, but then you should have all versions of all the games, all peg versions, all variants in all pegs, two of every single recolour/variant, etc., and nobody who has popped up online seem to be THAT dedicated) . The way you posted you sounded somewhat defensive of your position.

I believe that kappa is the one who made that troll account, since he trolls with his REGULAR account, and admin could check his IP to warrant that ban anyway... Should never have approved it in the first place really...
#1599 Posted: 16:53:58 30/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hexblazer
use canon or nikon for the best quality picture ever smilie

I am using a Nicon Coolpix. smilie

Quote: SkylandFollower
You should be collecting for fun, not just "to be the number one fan" (unless that's the fun to you, but then you should have all versions of all the games, all peg versions, all variants in all pegs, two of every single recolour/variant, etc., and nobody who has popped up online seem to be THAT dedicated) . The way you posted you sounded somewhat defensive of your position.

I believe that kappa is the one who made that troll account, since he trolls with his REGULAR account, and admin could check his IP to warrant that ban anyway... Should never have approved it in the first place really...

Exactly. I have always done it for fun. I kinda thought it was funny, to be honest. I like the avatar pic, lol.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1600 Posted: 18:14:14 30/06/2013
I can confirm that was indeed Kappa.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
First | Previous | Page 32 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me