First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
so cynder?? [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#51 Posted: 20:23:25 14/02/2012
Quote: IF

What was the point of putting that? At least put a couple of words instead of making a pointless post like that. Well it isn't exactly pointless, there are points in there.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
ArbiDragon292 Gold Sparx Gems: 2337
#52 Posted: 20:49:22 14/02/2012
Quote: AngelicBeast
Quote: Forgotten World
Poor Spyro, he deserved much more than that 3:

I'm with you on that one, They could have made Skylanders on the 10th anniversary but no. The had to only put the comment at the end of the last los game and leave it as a thank you note. Oh well looks like Spyro is doing better now.

They could've made Skylanders, yeah.. But then the TLoS trilogy wouldn't be finished. I do wish that Krome had made it at least, I really loved that style it was cute to me. DotD Spyro and all of them look abit more realistic with the scales and the more realistic graphics, but it looks like they spent too much time on the level texture instead of trying to make the game better. I'd MUCH rather play a game that's fun but challenging that takes awhile than play a game which is a few levels and has the most amazing graphics ever.

So if you have liked to continue with the saga TLOS?
---
GamerForceShow (GFS) on YouTube.
IF Green Sparx Gems: 488
#53 Posted: 21:22:40 14/02/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: IF

What was the point of putting that? At least put a couple of words instead of making a pointless post like that. Well it isn't exactly pointless, there are points in there.

(chuckle) I guess a emote would have been nice.
(on another note) I see you quite frequently on the forums
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6520
#54 Posted: 11:06:49 15/02/2012
^Exactly, if I remember correctly, DOTD is the first Spyro which can be in Cooperative, and I feel great TLOS history is interesting and good emotions of action.
As you say the problem is that this is the last, and as if it had been great to continue the story of Tlos, a fourth game about it.
Who knows, we would have been as serious as the future of Spyro The Dragon
#55 Posted: 11:28:19 15/02/2012
I think the LoS trilogy was too serious for Spyro. You take a happy-go-lucky character and surround it in darkness and seriousness and it just makes the whole thing just look stupid and unoriginal. Especially since the story was ripped off of The Lord of the Rings and Elijah Wood was the main character doing the same thing in LoS. smilie I mean, how ridiculous can it get really. There are a few minor things I like of LoS but it isn't a great deal.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:57 15/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#56 Posted: 11:49:34 15/02/2012
I thought DotD had a fine ending...
---
but i love it all smooth
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#57 Posted: 14:39:25 15/02/2012
But it seems that ending wasn't enough for some fans, who either want SxC to continue or continue it for the sake of their fanservice being answered.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6520
#58 Posted: 05:59:09 16/02/2012
I see that there are like, four different purple dragons out there named Spyro.
There's StD-ETD Spyro, then there's AHT Spyro, then TLoS Spyro, and finally Skylanders Spyro. I just see that there are four different purple dragons named Spyro thats why they all look different. Just like you can have different kids be named Taylor, one might be a girl with brown hair, another might be a boy with brown hair, another might be a girl with blonde hair.
I didn't see TLoS's Spyro as the same Spyro I had grown up with, but I still liked it. I had alot of fun while playing them, DotD still could've been alot better IMO if they paid attendtion to the characters and gameplay instead of making the areas look as realistic as possible.. When has a Spyro game ever had realism?

What you say is that they would concentrate on creating a single Spyro, and NOT to create different versions?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#59 Posted: 06:49:28 16/02/2012
I think the LoS trilogy was too serious for Spyro. You take a happy-go-lucky character and surround it in darkness and seriousness and it just makes the whole thing just look stupid and unoriginal. Especially since the story was ripped off of The Lord of the Rings and Elijah Wood was the main character doing the same thing in LoS. XD I mean, how ridiculous can it get really. There are a few minor things I like of LoS but it isn't a great deal.

I think I love you. XD

I really don't get why everyone clamors for more LoS. It was a trilogy and the ending had no cliffhangers. Spyro saved the world, everyone but Sparx's parents and Obi Wan lived, and Frodo and Amy Rose lived happily ever after. Yes, it was left vaguely open enough to continue if it needed to, but there really was no point in continuing (nor was there enough monetary gain in it for Activision, as the release of Skylanders instead of more LoS proved). Heck, the vaguely open ending wasn't even a cliffhanger; the only person who doesn't know where the dragons are is Ignitus and he'll probably figure it out as soon as he looks out the window.

One life-shattering adventure is enough for a "hero" and the poor dumb kid needed a break. I've read tons of fanfic and fan comics that continue LoS and they are all, every one of them, pointless. The best they can do is rehash the same territory that the games already covered, only with more obnoxious fan characters. Come on. Spyro stopped the world from exploding. I think that's enough.

Whew. Well. That felt pretty good to get off my chest. :D
#60 Posted: 09:39:49 16/02/2012
Quote: Razz
I think the LoS trilogy was too serious for Spyro. You take a happy-go-lucky character and surround it in darkness and seriousness and it just makes the whole thing just look stupid and unoriginal. Especially since the story was ripped off of The Lord of the Rings and Elijah Wood was the main character doing the same thing in LoS. smilie I mean, how ridiculous can it get really. There are a few minor things I like of LoS but it isn't a great deal.

I think I love you. smilie

I really don't get why everyone clamors for more LoS. It was a trilogy and the ending had no cliffhangers. Spyro saved the world, everyone but Sparx's parents and Obi Wan lived, and Frodo and Amy Rose lived happily ever after. Yes, it was left vaguely open enough to continue if it needed to, but there really was no point in continuing (nor was there enough monetary gain in it for Activision, as the release of Skylanders instead of more LoS proved). Heck, the vaguely open ending wasn't even a cliffhanger; the only person who doesn't know where the dragons are is Ignitus and he'll probably figure it out as soon as he looks out the window.

One life-shattering adventure is enough for a "hero" and the poor dumb kid needed a break. I've read tons of fanfic and fan comics that continue LoS and they are all, every one of them, pointless. The best they can do is rehash the same territory that the games already covered, only with more obnoxious fan characters. Come on. Spyro stopped the world from exploding. I think that's enough.

Whew. Well. That felt pretty good to get off my chest. smilie

And this would be a fantard of LoS in reply to your post: "But surely, I'll just ignore what you've typed and tell you that there must be something to go on, maybe Spyro and Cynder have children, and one of them turns into Goonro and the other turns into Count Doku, there's got to be something!" smilie Some of them are too stubborn just to accept that it's the end of that era already. I've accepted the hard way that it was the end of the Classic era, which is a shame because that still had potential more so than LoS.
---
#61 Posted: 10:02:54 16/02/2012
I honestly wouldn't mind fans continuing LoS if they'd do anything new with it. As is, and I'm not saying this to be smug or anything, I'm the only person I've ever seen who wrote something different with a continuation (I had Cynder kill Spyro and make sure Malefor was dead because she didn't want anyone else to endure what she had). Every other fan continuation is Malefor coming back or some other dark force showing up to do the same thing, or it's just another reason to cram more SxC down our throats or rub our noses in fan characters who are constantly one-upping Spyro (because they're somehow better than the title characters or the guy who stopped the world from blowing up). It's not hard to come up with something new for LoS, it's really not, but nobody does and it's even more annoying than trying to take the trilogy's storyline seriously.
#62 Posted: 10:10:34 16/02/2012
I honestly wouldn't mind fans continuing LoS if they'd do anything new with it. As is, and I'm not saying this to be smug or anything, I'm the only person I've ever seen who wrote something different with a continuation (I had Cynder kill Spyro and make sure Malefor was dead because she didn't want anyone else to endure what she had). Every other fan continuation is Malefor coming back or some other dark force showing up to do the same thing, or it's just another reason to cram more SxC down our throats or rub our noses in fan characters who are constantly one-upping Spyro (because they're somehow better than the title characters or the guy who stopped the world from blowing up). It's not hard to come up with something new for LoS, it's really not, but nobody does and it's even more annoying than trying to take the trilogy's storyline seriously.

I don't really think that there is nothing new to go on for LoS. Even if you did create something completely different from everyone else, where could you go from there? You couldn't really have Cynder kill Spyro, that would definitely end LoS. smilie I think that just makes the story a whole lot more stupid really. A bit OTT. I wouldn't mind in DOTD towards the end that Cynder actually turned against Spyro and joined up with Malefor, now that would have been something different. And maybe Cynder helps Spyro to kill Malefor, but she turns on him again and runs away, that could be left for a good cliffhanger?
---
#63 Posted: 10:34:59 16/02/2012
You should write those fanfics. Those would be pretty cool.

As for Cynder killing Spyro, she was really just tying up loose ends and it's not the sort of thing you could make a game out of.
#64 Posted: 19:50:48 16/02/2012
You should write those fanfics. Those would be pretty cool.

As for Cynder killing Spyro, she was really just tying up loose ends and it's not the sort of thing you could make a game out of.

I don't want to waste my time on a piece of rubbish that I have to extend.

It's still pointless though in my opinion.
---
#65 Posted: 02:37:22 17/02/2012
I'll say I'd like you to stop bashing a story I wrote that you've never read, please. The people who've read it didn't think it was pointless (though some got hilariously angry :D), nor did the person who put it into a comic form, nor do I. Just because the games were pointless doesn't mean a bit of short fiction for fun based on them is, too.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me