Forum

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Spyro falls asleep! [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 02:00:30 15/11/2011 | Topic Creator
It can be Ember or Flame too if you are playing as them.

I found it out by accident, went to the bathroom and came back about 20 minutes later noticing I had forgotten to pause the game.

Spyro, Ember or Flame if left like that fall asleep! smilie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Cr-HRZ23A
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#2 Posted: 11:20:56 15/11/2011
I noticed that too. It's adorable. smilie
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#3 Posted: 10:43:00 11/12/2011
Yeah, although it's not a very good idea to do that when near an enemy, as my friend found out
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
spyroisthebest8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2930
#4 Posted: 22:48:54 16/12/2011
spyro fell asleep in dragonfly falls and he snored
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#5 Posted: 14:07:23 25/01/2012
I never tried this 'til several days ago this year. smilie; Aww... he looks so cute just snoozing there. smilie
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 17:10:49 25/01/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar
I never tried this 'til several days ago this year. smilie; Aww... he looks so cute just snoozing there. smilie

Did you wish you could cuddle him and fall asleep? LOL
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#7 Posted: 17:36:52 26/01/2012
Yep. smilie Too bad I don't have a plushie of him, I can only look at my Spyro poster (from 12 years ago). I did, however, take pictures of him and recorded him snoring using my Nintendo 3DS.
---
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#8 Posted: 22:15:02 26/01/2012
awww thats adorable! smilie i wish i had boughten this game from gamestop when i had the chance smilie it looks like its alot of fun
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#9 Posted: 22:33:34 26/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
awww thats adorable! smilie i wish i had boughten this game from gamestop when i had the chance smilie it looks like its alot of fun

It can be a lot of fun, but some of the challenges are a lot tougher than the ones in Spyro 2 and 3 in my opinion. It would take a lot longer to do because of how difficult they are. Hunter's levels are pretty straight forward, Sparx's are very mediocre and they're nothing like the levels from Spyro 3. Also Blink's are very tedious but reasonably easy to get through, and overall Spyro's level are quite big, and I find them interesting as they go along. The first level is very straight forward though, a little too easy. But it's a lot better than ETD that's for sure.
---
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#10 Posted: 09:26:21 28/01/2012
I found this by actually forgetting to pause and going to the cable, and then going back a few hours later and finding him asleep. I was like "O.o Spy... Are you ASLEEP? Aw, cute..."
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#11 Posted: 10:49:20 28/01/2012
Quote: AshETERNAL
I found this by actually forgetting to pause and going to the cable, and then going back a few hours later and finding him asleep. I was like "O.o Spy... Are you ASLEEP? Aw, cute..."

It makes me wonder if this is the only Spyro game where he falls asleep if you leave it for a long time. What do you think?
---
#12 Posted: 19:19:21 28/01/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

It makes me wonder if this is the only Spyro game where he falls asleep if you leave it for a long time. What do you think?

He was asleep in Spyro: Shadow Legacy at the very beginning of the game. He was snoring away, all curled up on a bed in a hotel in Dragon Shores. Hunter finds it funny when he realises Spyro accidentally locked himself in the room. smilie I was thinking of waking him up in Spyro: A Hero's Tail, then I thought, "Nah...".
---
#13 Posted: 18:04:04 29/01/2012

He was asleep in Spyro: Shadow Legacy at the very beginning of the game. He was snoring away, all curled up on a bed in a hotel in Dragon Shores. Hunter finds it funny when he realises Spyro accidentally locked himself in the room. smilie I was thinking of waking him up in Spyro: A Hero's Tail, then I thought, "Nah...".

LOL! I saw a clip of that on YouTube and just laughed, how can Spyro live in a hotel? He should be living in a cave.

So in AHT, you just left him there to sleep, how long does that lazy sod sleep for then? I watched a video on that too, it makes me laugh how he snores.
---
#14 Posted: 19:32:55 29/01/2012

LOL! I saw a clip of that on YouTube and just laughed, how can Spyro live in a hotel? He should be living in a cave.

So in AHT, you just left him there to sleep, how long does that lazy sod sleep for then? I watched a video on that too, it makes me laugh how he snores.

I think the hotel is called Dragon Arm's or something like that, it's been ages since I last played that game.

I think he sleeps there for 45 seconds or more, the only one who doesn't sleep is Sparx. Too bad he's not much of a heavy sleeper, compared to Mario. Mario sleeps way longer than Spyro and he even talks in his sleep about pasta. smilie
---
#15 Posted: 21:06:25 29/01/2012

I think the hotel is called Dragon Arm's or something like that, it's been ages since I last played that game.

I think he sleeps there for 45 seconds or more, the only one who doesn't sleep is Sparx. Too bad he's not much of a heavy sleeper, compared to Mario. Mario sleeps way longer than Spyro and he even talks in his sleep about pasta. smilie

I didn't know Mario slept aswell. smilie
I used to love playing Mario on the GameBoy Color as a kid, but since I played Spyro, Mario is nothing now. LOL
---
#16 Posted: 18:33:15 30/01/2012

I used to love playing Mario on the GameBoy Color as a kid, but since I played Spyro, Mario is nothing now. LOL

Mario talks in his sleep about pasta in Super Mario 64 but I'm not sure if he still does in the recent Mario games. I still play Mario and Kirby games nowadays, same goes for the original Spyro games.
---
#17 Posted: 19:05:20 30/01/2012

Mario talks in his sleep about pasta in Super Mario 64 but I'm not sure if he still does in the recent Mario games. I still play Mario and Kirby games nowadays, same goes for the original Spyro games.

I haven't played a Mario game in donkey's years. I played a classic Spyro game not too long ago, I love them too much to forget about, although when I turned teen I forgot about Spyro for a while, that was a big mistake lol.
---
#18 Posted: 19:22:38 30/01/2012

I haven't played a Mario game in donkey's years. I played a classic Spyro game not too long ago, I love them too much to forget about, although when I turned teen I forgot about Spyro for a while, that was a big mistake lol.

The current Mario game I'm playing at the moment is Mario Kart 7, some of the music in that game are a reminiscent of Mario Kart 64. smilie Especially the points screen whenever I cross the finish line. smilie The game and the graphics may be new but the gameplay is still old-school. smilie It's my kind of game. smilie At least, Nintendo knows how to mix new elements and concepts with old-school.
---
#19 Posted: 19:56:54 30/01/2012

The current Mario game I'm playing at the moment is Mario Kart 7, some of the music in that game are a reminiscent of Mario Kart 64. smilie Especially the points screen whenever I cross the finish line. smilie The game and the graphics may be new but the gameplay is still old-school. smilie It's my kind of game. smilie At least, Nintendo knows how to mix new elements and concepts with old-school.

This is what we needed for the newer Spyro games, not reboots for the older fans to have to get used to, lol.
---
#20 Posted: 20:07:16 30/01/2012

This is what we needed for the newer Spyro games, not reboots for the older fans to have to get used to, lol.

Exactly. Too bad not every game company or developer are like Nintendo. It's the same things over and over again in the Nintendo games but hey, I don't mind. smilie I've been playing Nintendo games since 1997.
---
#21 Posted: 21:10:15 30/01/2012

Exactly. Too bad not every game company or developer are like Nintendo. It's the same things over and over again in the Nintendo games but hey, I don't mind. smilie I've been playing Nintendo games since 1997.

If you're getting bored of the same game in another sequel, then that's the time to have a break from the series and play another game title for a while. LOL I just don't understand how developers can understand that rebooting a franchise could make it worse as the older fans may not even bother with it when they could have just used the same formula again but in a different way like the Mario series.
---
#22 Posted: 17:38:30 31/01/2012

If you're getting bored of the same game in another sequel, then that's the time to have a break from the series and play another game title for a while. LOL I just don't understand how developers can understand that rebooting a franchise could make it worse as the older fans may not even bother with it when they could have just used the same formula again but in a different way like the Mario series.

I'm still not getting bored with playing Mario games but I'm taking a break from playing them 'cause it's still Chinese New Year. Once the celebration is over, I'll head back to playing Mario and Kirby games.
---
#23 Posted: 22:58:46 09/02/2012

Not sure... I'm gonna start testing that. I'm an expert at leaving games unpaused for hours on end. Even for two days straight before... But I'm thinking no, since whoever made this game only made 1 Spyro game. But we can never know, right?
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#24 Posted: 08:00:54 10/02/2012

Not sure... I'm gonna start testing that. I'm an expert at leaving games unpaused for hours on end. Even for two days straight before... But I'm thinking no, since whoever made this game only made 1 Spyro game. But we can never know, right?

Actually from reading your post and saying that this is the only developer that created this game, I do agree with you, I wouldn't be surprised if this 'feature' wasn't on any other Spyro game.
---
#25 Posted: 11:14:36 10/02/2012
I could try leaving Spyro by himself until he falls asleep, snoozing like a baby dragon in Spyro: Shadow Legacy but so far, he tends to scratch or itch himself.
---
#26 Posted: 11:16:38 10/02/2012
I could try leaving Spyro by himself until he falls asleep, snoozing like a baby dragon in Spyro: Shadow Legacy but so far, he tends to scratch or itch himself.

I only know of two animations of Spyro, one where he licks himself, and the other where he winks at you. smilie I like the latter one, it makes me laugh.
---
#27 Posted: 11:31:26 10/02/2012

I only know of two animations of Spyro, one where he licks himself, and the other where he winks at you. smilie I like the latter one, it makes me laugh.

He licks one of his paws in Spyro: Season of Ice but since when does he winks? What game he does it in? Unless you mean when he looks left, then right and then looks behind whilst arching one of his eyebrows.
---
#28 Posted: 22:54:47 10/02/2012

He licks one of his paws in Spyro: Season of Ice but since when does he winks? What game he does it in? Unless you mean when he looks left, then right and then looks behind whilst arching one of his eyebrows.

That's the one I mean, it's so cute and funny. When I was a kid I thought he could actually see me, so I used to wave everytime I saw him do that. And I never liked it when he got hurt.
---
#29 Posted: 11:33:02 11/02/2012

Actually from reading your post and saying that this is the only developer that created this game, I do agree with you, I wouldn't be surprised if this 'feature' wasn't on any other Spyro game.

Yup. It's a such a cute feature, though. I wish they would use it again.
---
#30 Posted: 11:49:59 11/02/2012

That's the one I mean, it's so cute and funny. When I was a kid I thought he could actually see me, so I used to wave everytime I saw him do that. And I never liked it when he got hurt.

Either he's looking back towards Sparx or the player who's playing the game as in us.
---
#31 Posted: 20:42:55 11/02/2012

Either he's looking back towards Sparx or the player who's playing the game as in us.

I think he's supposed to be looking at the audience, I suppose it makes it sort of like a cartoon? Some of the cut scenes in Spyro 2 between levels makes it feel like Insomniac got some things from a predictable cartoon.
---
#32 Posted: 17:51:05 12/02/2012

I think he's supposed to be looking at the audience, I suppose it makes it sort of like a cartoon? Some of the cut scenes in Spyro 2 between levels makes it feel like Insomniac got some things from a predictable cartoon.

The audience as in us? What cartoon do you have in mind?
---
#33 Posted: 18:52:32 12/02/2012

Yep, I don't know, sort of like a Tom and Jerry one.
---
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#34 Posted: 20:55:00 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Spyro does that in "A New Beginning" also.
He stands on his hind legs, and gives a funny look backwards at the player.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#35 Posted: 22:12:32 12/02/2012
Quote: Archae

I prefer the old way. He reminds me of a rabbit when he does that in ANB.
---
#36 Posted: 17:00:45 13/02/2012

How weird... Tom & Jerry toys are now available in McDonald's restaurants in the UK. smilie smilie Also, the last time I've watched the cartoon was last year on the plane to Hong Kong.
---
#37 Posted: 17:02:40 13/02/2012
Quote: Archae

I prefer the old way. He reminds me of a rabbit when he does that in ANB.

Me too. Although, I've never bought ToS games, let alone touch them.
---
#38 Posted: 18:47:35 13/02/2012

How weird... Tom & Jerry toys are now available in McDonald's restaurants in the UK. smilie smilie Also, the last time I've watched the cartoon was last year on the plane to Hong Kong.

I haven't watched a cartoon for a few years now.
---
#39 Posted: 19:13:58 13/02/2012

I haven't watched a cartoon for a few years now.

I still watch cartoons now. Currently, either Winx Club on POP or My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic on Youtube.
---
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#40 Posted: 12:57:52 26/02/2012
I like how if spyro sits still long enough he breathes fire al casual like...
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
#41 Posted: 15:44:39 26/02/2012
Quote: Feral_Miskunn

Me too, it's really cool.
---
#42 Posted: 19:01:35 26/02/2012

I think there are other things he does, besides breathing fire in a casual or calm manner. Lol, Spyro gets so bored easily. smilie
---
#43 Posted: 20:14:58 26/02/2012

I think there are other things he does, besides breathing fire in a casual or calm manner. Lol, Spyro gets so bored easily. smilie

Spyro wants to torch everything! And be evil! Nah, he wouldn't do that, would he? LOL.
---
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#44 Posted: 20:21:00 26/02/2012
I think this is the second Spyro game where Spyro actually sleeps!
---
Bring the Fanta
#45 Posted: 20:57:08 26/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
I think this is the second Spyro game where Spyro actually sleeps!

What's the other game where Spyro sleeps? Is that in Shadow Legacy?
---
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#46 Posted: 21:09:07 26/02/2012
no, SL is the third.

The first is YotD in the first cutscene
---
Bring the Fanta
#47 Posted: 21:21:05 26/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
no, SL is the third.

The first is YotD in the first cutscene

Oh yeah! I forgot about that smilie How could I forget that? I just want to curl up beside him and say "Aww".
---
spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
#48 Posted: 21:24:30 26/02/2012
Very cute smilie
---
''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
#49 Posted: 21:28:20 26/02/2012
Quote: spyroGalNicoleX
Very cute smilie

Tell me about it, and I like Spyro a lot. He's too lovable. smilie
---
xSpringWeatherx Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#50 Posted: 00:23:55 27/02/2012
Yeah, that happened to me before, I was playing the game and I just started talking to somebody then I put the controller down and he just started sleeping, it was pretty funny, I like it when games do that, although Spyro is a little lazy for it, though, right? smilie
---
~Ooh, just close the door~
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me