darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > A Strange Problem With The Heroic Challenges For Each Character
Page 1 of 1
A Strange Problem With The Heroic Challenges For Each Character [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#1 Posted: 04:41:41 05/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay, so I was playing this game, and decided to do some Heroic Challenges. So I completed all four challenges that were available since I only have four characters for this game. But here's the issue that I have with it. Okay, for every Heroic challenge that is unlocked in the game, you have to complete each challenge once per character in order to increase that character's Heroic Bar. That means that, depending on the number of characters you own, you'll have to do the same Heroic Challenges consecutive times. For example, if you own one character, you would only have to do one Heroic Challenge. But if you owned all 32 of the characters, you would have to do each challenge a total of 1,024 times (32 Heroic Challenges total multiplied by 32 Characters=1024 times).

Now, let me clarify a few things before I tell you what I think.
1.) I know that the Heroic Challenges are optional, and you are not required to complete them. (At least I think you don't have to complete them for 100%.)
2.) I am not saying that because of this problem that the game is bad. I absolutely love this game. Also, I am not one to judge games based off of one minor problem.

And finally, my opinion on this:
Don't you think that this is a little excessive in having to do the challenges that many times for multiple characters just to level up your Heroic Bar? I mean, if you were to own all of the characters for this game, that's quite a lot of work that you'd have to do just to get everybody's Heroic Bar up to 32.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:47:10 05/11/2011 by SpyroGamer2008
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#2 Posted: 05:48:42 05/11/2011
Well , I like the fact that the game gives you so many options. That's 1024 times I get to do heroic challenges just to finish out all of my character. And I also need to buy all characters to make my favorites ultimately powerful.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#3 Posted: 10:45:59 05/11/2011
Replay value?
rob7274 Green Sparx Gems: 113
#4 Posted: 11:26:39 05/11/2011
Ive done them all with the availible Skylanders out now.

APART from Drobots which is incredibly hard and I think impossible for some....
---
Im New (Skylanders Fan)
Not enough room for all my Skylanders so just my fav: smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#5 Posted: 12:04:26 05/11/2011
The secret of Drobot's challenge is that you don't need to get all of the green chompies; the brief from Calli is misleading.

Don't go for chompies where there are too many purple ones.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 12:41:54 05/11/2011
The Drobot one is extremely difficult, if not impossible with a fully upgraded Ghoast Roaster.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
forcesofwill Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#7 Posted: 17:47:21 05/11/2011
I doubt they tested that every Heroic Challenge is possible for each champion. Many of them are terribly unforgiving to slow characters, like Terrafin's challenge, where you waste so much time traveling to the fastest Chompie plants that you don't have enough time left to kill the required amount of Chompies.
#8 Posted: 18:14:00 05/11/2011
Quote: forcesofwill
I doubt they tested that every Heroic Challenge is possible for each champion. Many of them are terribly unforgiving to slow characters, like Terrafin's challenge, where you waste so much time traveling to the fastest Chompie plants that you don't have enough time left to kill the required amount of Chompies.

All the challenges can be completed with their respective champions.

Plus, remember that you can change a champion during the challenge.
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#9 Posted: 23:13:09 05/11/2011
No, you CANNOT change a character during a heroic challenge.

And the point is to beat all 32 heroic challenges with which ever characters you prefer, if not all of them.
#10 Posted: 23:50:01 05/11/2011
Are you sure? Because I recall Cali saying that you can change character during the challenge, I mean like reaching the Terrafin chalenge then change character? Maybe I'm wrong...

But I'm SURE that all the challenges can be done
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:49 05/11/2011 by Reimu
#11 Posted: 00:02:56 06/11/2011
I am sure that all challenges can be done with any character, albeit with some headwear help (speed hat for slow chars, etc). I have even found treasure elements of later campaign levels which can't be done without a speed hat, even using my fastest char.

By memory, what Calli says is that any char can try the challenge, not just the char it was made for. That said, I reckon you could cheat and swap chars part way through?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#12 Posted: 00:06:41 06/11/2011
Haaaa that's what she was saying... Then I'm not sure anymore, you should try =/
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#13 Posted: 00:13:29 06/11/2011
No, you cannot swap charries during the challenges. It will just tell you to return the same character back to the portal.

Drobot's challenge is really hard with some of the characters, especially if they're leveled up. But I have 22 of the characters and have completed all 19 challenges with each one so far. It can be done. You just need to practice. I feel that the purple chompies one, though frustrating, really forced me to understand my characters' moves and adjust my button mashing to where I can successful swing my attacks in the direction I need them to go, instead of mindlessly shooting in every direction. Some of the challenges even have tricks that you can exploit that increase your chances of completing the challenge before the time runs out.
#14 Posted: 00:22:09 06/11/2011
Well, sorry for misleading! =/
rob7274 Green Sparx Gems: 113
#15 Posted: 00:25:54 06/11/2011
I dont know how you managed the Purple chompie one with Erutor but congrats.
With him leaving little fire pits where his fireballs go the purple chompies just love to run into them and commit suicide.

Plus I went round with a fast character to get a feel for the level and I bet theres about 110 green chompies which considering you need 100 and theres plenty of purples mixed in its......hard....

All the others I found easy enougth with them all....I have learned them all off by heart which I bet helps (Ive done them enough times).
Always use your fast characters for the 1st time to get a feel for the level.
---
Im New (Skylanders Fan)
Not enough room for all my Skylanders so just my fav: smilie
#16 Posted: 00:29:40 06/11/2011
i imagine Eruptor would be hard with his lava balls leaving fire pits. But I hadn't gotten that upgrade for him yet when I completed by him. I still remember him being a hard one though.
#17 Posted: 23:37:22 08/11/2011
I will admit that the purple chompie challenge will be the bane of me...

I think I am going to reset some characters and then do this challenge before leveling up too far. I just wish you could opt to turn off your upgrades as some upgrades are just too powerful.

And, no, you can't swap chars part way through a heroic challenge so there is no easy exploit/cheat.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Littlerain Green Sparx Gems: 384
#18 Posted: 13:41:09 15/11/2011
So far I have all the characters available except Dino-Rang and I have completed all the heroic challenges with sonic boom, hex, flameslinger and drobot. I am working on stealth elf prison break and zap right now.

Doing this many of the challenges is really time consuming but you end up with a really strong character at the end. Even my prisim break is fast now, and my flameslinger can take a lot more hits! I can't imagine what they will be like with all 32 completed.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#19 Posted: 14:42:12 15/11/2011
^mega sweat gamer much?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#20 Posted: 04:10:38 16/11/2011
Thanks. smilie
They actually arnt that bad once you get the hang of them. The purple chompy one was a little difficult but whirldwind's bomb level drove me crazy for the longest time!

The real trick is to not actually use bombs and hit them with a move if you have range. If you don't and your character is taller you can actually just hold the bomb next to them without throwing it and the explosion will knock em out.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:11:41 16/11/2011 by Littlerain
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#21 Posted: 04:41:17 16/11/2011
I think the way that they handled challenges helped to make the skylanders a little more unique.

Two skylanders owned by different people will be different because of their hat, upgrade path, and challenges completed - even if they're the same character/level.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#22 Posted: 12:37:11 16/11/2011
The amount of skylanders you own us also a contributing factor. The more you own, the more of a boost you get, and the more challenges you can complete.
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#23 Posted: 20:39:21 18/11/2011
I wonder if it's possible to change Spyro during a challenge as the game treates the 3 versions as the "normal" one...
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
#24 Posted: 06:45:32 19/11/2011
Nope. The three Spyro's all share the same Heroic Challenge. But they all accomplish the challenge separately.
#25 Posted: 09:00:44 19/11/2011
I have only needed to do this a few times(mostly on chop chop's) but you can use items during the challenges. The potion us a huge help when your skylander is in trouble and you can't switch out.
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#26 Posted: 16:44:07 19/11/2011
I don't have the game yet and I have a question, What is a heroic challenge?
---
Like A Boss!
#27 Posted: 20:09:51 19/11/2011
Well someone in the game named Cali will give you a challenge to complete for each skylander you own. For example, if you just have the starter set you can do 3 challenges. One challenge is meant for spyro, one for gill grunt, and one for trigger happy. You can also complete these challenges with other characters so spyro can not only do his challenge but also the other two's challenge. The reward is permanent boosted stats, so it is another way to upgrade your character. If you have all the skylanders that are out right now, that means 23 different challenges you can do with each character!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me