Page 1 of 1
Portal being dumb? [CLOSED]
Spyrogirl15 Blue Sparx Gems: 794
#1 Posted: 20:31:01 04/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok, so when I play the game the portal tends to be stupid and looses conection. I move it around a bit and it works again. However, this time it turned off and when I tried to resync it, it doesn't work.

it says to turn the portal on and the little red light will flash to find the USB. When it does this you're supposed to press a button inside where the batteries go and the red light will blink rapidly for 30 seconds and while it's doing this you push a button on the USB thingy. The light will stop blinking once synced.

So I push the little button inside the portal once I turn the thing on but the little light doesn't flash rapidly, the portal just turns off after I hit the littlle button so I never get the chance to press the button on the USB.

This happening to anyone else?

I think it's the batteries but strangely, my Wii keeps turning off. I think it's overheating from not being turned off at night.

If this game was for the younger age group how would they know what to do if their portal freaked out? Activision could have a least added a place for a cable that attaches to the Wii via the USB port area to the portal and vice-versa.

Help with this would be really appreciated.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is hope. ~Ignitus TLoS: Dawn of The Dragon
Skylanders: the next generation- Chapter 12 is up
gambitraven Green Sparx Gems: 133
#2 Posted: 20:37:17 04/11/2011
batteries and leave you wii off for a a few hours.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#3 Posted: 20:47:30 04/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: gambitraven
batteries and leave you wii off for a a few hours.

This.
And also, Activision will send you a new one if this doesn't work. Someone who works for customer support signed up on here.

Thank yousmilie

And really? That's cool. Er... how exactly do I contact them? Like do I call them or something?
---
#4 Posted: 20:51:53 04/11/2011
did you get rid of your receipt
---
#5 Posted: 20:55:44 04/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: gambitraven
did you get rid of your receipt

Nope. I did not get rid of it.
---
#6 Posted: 21:19:48 04/11/2011
do you have a scanner if not goto the library or a Kinko's and scan an image of it. they will ask that if you have issues. at least thats whats they asked me when my trigger happy didnt work.
---
Quikwix Green Sparx Gems: 134
#7 Posted: 21:39:42 04/11/2011
Sorry if you do this, but just putting it here incase you don't or for others to see.

Wii
To turn your wii off properly you hold down the power button on the main console until it turns red. Yellow is some sort of standby/sleep mode and is not off. If you want to save some money in the form of electric bills then turn the power off at the switch or unplug your wii if you use a multi adapter.
(I see to many people thinking "yellow" is off).

If your wii is turning off by itself you HAVE a problem. Clean the vents to to fan of you wii with a special cloth that picks up dust. DO NOT hoover it. DO NOT use a damp or wet cloth.

Leave your Wii off for a few hours in a cool room with the windows open if it is usually kept in a small stuffy room with little ventilation. (Don't be stupid and put it in a fridge or somthing).

If your wii keeps turning off by itself still, contact nintendo or whoever to repair it.

Portal of Power

Probably a battery issue, make sure the USB is inserted properly and not half hanging out or somthing. Make sure after you have finished with the portal to remove any figures on it and it will turn off by itself or you can hold down the power button to switch it off.

Contacting Activision
Taken from a diffrent thread
Quote: ActivisionFlav
Quote: riverhippo
Has anyone else been having battery issues with their portal of power. Specifically for PS3, but for Wii and 3DS too I suppose. I'm not 100% positive that I'm having battery issues, but troubleshooting through the portal lists, changing the batteries has been the only thing that I've been able to do. I've had to change them 4 times since Sunday and when I try to put old batteries back in, it doesn't work for more than a minute.

Hello,

I'm Flaviano with Activision Customer Support and see that you may be in need of extra assistance. If you have solved this issue please disregard this message, but know that we are available for support issues.

I'll leave this here as an open invite to anyone who is experiencing issues to contact us directly so we can get you all sorted.

Please feel free to contact me directly on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/atviflav) for support. I'm usually available from 7am - 4pm Pacific, Monday thru Friday. If you need assistance during my off hours feel free to leave a message on Twitter and I will respond as soon as possible or you can contact us at Activision through any of our available avenues.

Also on Twitter: Mikey http://twitter.com/#!/ATVIMikey

Activision Customer Service through e-mail https://activision.custhelp.co...enduser/ask.php

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

Phone: 1-800-225-6588 (U.S. & Canada) Seven days a week from 7am - 7pm Pacific Time except for national holidays.

Self Service Warranty Site: http://warranty.activision.com

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:37 04/11/2011 by Quikwix
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#8 Posted: 22:29:36 04/11/2011
Quote: Spyrogirl15
Activision could have a least added a place for a cable that attaches to the Wii via the USB port area to the portal and vice-versa.

That would have meant putting a USB connector on the portal. Which means more cost and also affecting the aesthetics of how the portal looks (a connector socket would stick out like a proverbial sore thumb on the side and detract from the runes styling).

You should not have these issues. If you have always had these problems and the problems don't go away with fresh batteries then I suggest getting the portal replaced.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me