darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Why did they make Skylanders the way they did?
Page 1 of 1
Why did they make Skylanders the way they did? [CLOSED]
SpyroGeneration Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#1 Posted: 14:18:19 25/10/2011 | Topic Creator
It doesn't make any since why they changed Spyro an the other characters so much. I was wondering, does anyone know why they changed it around so much?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 15:37:52 25/10/2011
It's a reboot. Things change, including character designs, yet some fans want to keep even a little character design the same despite reboots.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:00 25/10/2011 by Aura24
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#3 Posted: 22:04:05 25/10/2011
because they bloody well felt like it.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#4 Posted: 22:08:49 25/10/2011
There's a simple answer: Because they could.

They wanted to make something that was their own work rather than being restricted by the already existing design in the Spyro series.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#5 Posted: 22:21:11 25/10/2011
Quote: SpyroGeneration
It doesn't make any since why they changed Spyro an the other characters so much. I was wondering, does anyone know why they changed it around so much?

Because LOS his a wall after DotD. They couldn't take the story any farther since Malefor was killed and the main objective was completed, people were getting more and more bored with it the more thay played it (at least that what many fans told me), and they must not have seen any potential in continuing LOS so they made something all new.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#6 Posted: 22:22:35 25/10/2011
And Skylanders is pretty fun. You've got all these new characters and a fun little storyline and enviremont to play in.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#7 Posted: 22:26:58 25/10/2011
They had the license, so they could do what they want. They didn't have to stay bound to what Insomniac or Krome set up for them.
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#8 Posted: 23:49:03 25/10/2011
Of course, does it ever say good things for a series if they go for a SECOND reboot?
Quikwix Green Sparx Gems: 134
#9 Posted: 00:28:23 26/10/2011
Quote: Prysom
Of course, does it ever say good things for a series if they go for a SECOND reboot?

It means they are trying to bring back some life to a much loved character in a new and refreshing way. I have seen pleanty of games just die and forgotten about. I think it is nice that they used Spyro again in this game, they are trying somthing new with the figures and the portal of power and could of made the game without him in it. They instead decided to bring him back, bring back some other much loved characters and I think it has worked out.

I doubt they would of made a WHOLE new game just dedicated to the solo Spyro experince, but him being in Skylanders means it paves the way for the possiblity of future games, mabey with a bit more in depth story for each individual character.
#10 Posted: 01:01:36 26/10/2011
Well, if Spyro is just going to serve as cameo content, he's probably going to end up in the dustbin of "Super Smash Bros. Suggestions"
#11 Posted: 01:27:18 26/10/2011
Brawl is am amazing game and I think it would be an honor if he was chosen for the next game.

If you don't like Skylanders then go off and play some of the other Spyro games or you can actually try the game, write down what you don't like and send it off to activision so they have feedback for any future games they plan. I know for a fact that game companies love feedback be it positive or negative (as long as its constructive) as it helps them plan future games or content to make them more popular.
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#12 Posted: 02:23:34 26/10/2011
Quote: Quikwix

It means they are trying to bring back some life to a much loved character in a new and refreshing way. I have seen pleanty of games just die and forgotten about. I think it is nice that they used Spyro again in this game, they are trying somthing new with the figures and the portal of power and could of made the game without him in it. They instead decided to bring him back, bring back some other much loved characters and I think it has worked out.

I doubt they would of made a WHOLE new game just dedicated to the solo Spyro experince, but him being in Skylanders means it paves the way for the possiblity of future games, mabey with a bit more in depth story for each individual character.

...i like this kid, he's gunna go far
#13 Posted: 03:58:49 26/10/2011
Well, if Spyro is just going to serve as cameo content, he's probably going to end up in the dustbin of "Super Smash Bros. Suggestions"

He already was in the dustbin. He's been in there since ETD.

Sonic was chosen because of Sega and Nintendo's recent relationship, and Snake was in there because I believe the creator almost begged for him to be in the game. What would Activision do to put Spyro in the next Smash Bros game, and what would they really gain out of it?
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#14 Posted: 13:10:03 26/10/2011
Quote: CAV

Sonic was chosen because of Sega and Nintendo's recent relationship, and Snake was in there because I believe the creator almost begged for him to be in the game. What would Activision do to put Spyro in the next Smash Bros game, and what would they really gain out of it?

...I'd actually quite like to see Spyro in SSB. I know the chances are slim, but Skylanders is being released in Japan so there's hoping, right?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#15 Posted: 13:39:50 26/10/2011

...or better yet they could make Spyro into a Disney film and put him in the next Kingdom hearts so he can be in the same game as the little Mermaid. That....would....be....epic
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#16 Posted: 15:28:15 26/10/2011
Quote: Quikwix

...or better yet they could make Spyro into a Disney film and put him in the next Kingdom hearts so he can be in the same game as the little Mermaid. That....would....be....epic

omg

yes.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#17 Posted: 21:37:30 26/10/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

...I'd actually quite like to see Spyro in SSB. I know the chances are slim, but Skylanders is being released in Japan so there's hoping, right?

That would be epic. Otherwise, you can always play as him anyway.... With a model/texture hack smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#18 Posted: 21:50:43 26/10/2011

No, I'm trying to make a point. Once stuff gets a cameo there, it's usually either vintage or DEAD.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#19 Posted: 19:27:04 27/10/2011
I've been asking this question since the game's announcement. Of course Activision would change it, it was my worst fear when Activision decided to keep Spyro (along with Crash, World of Warcraft, Prototype and the Ice Age film license) when they bought Vivendi/Sierra/Blizzard/whatever (because merging is too good of a word for what Activision will become)

The only hope Spyro will ever have into returning to his true glory if the franchise was bought Playstation makers Sony and Insomniac Games will HAVE to-no, NEED to make a new Spyro game because they milked Ratchet and Clank long ago and the new All 4 One game sucks!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#20 Posted: 19:29:55 27/10/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
I've been asking this question since the game's announcement. Of course Activision would change it, it was my worst fear when Activision decided to keep Spyro (along with Crash, World of Warcraft, Prototype and the Ice Age film license) when they bought Vivendi/Sierra/Blizzard/whatever (because merging is too good of a word for what Activision will become)

The only hope Spyro will ever have into returning to his true glory if the franchise was bought Playstation makers Sony and Insomniac Games will HAVE to-no, NEED to make a new Spyro game because they milked Ratchet and Clank long ago and the new All 4 One game sucks!

How long before Ratchet and Clank ends, anyway? There's nothing left to do with it.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#21 Posted: 19:40:28 27/10/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

How long before Ratchet and Clank ends, anyway? There's nothing left to do with it.

Ratchet and Clank isn't broken, "There's nothing left to do with it" is a redundant thing to say because Insomniac don't need to do anything extra with it; it's not broken. All 4 One is an experiment, most likely to see what needs to be improved when making Overstrike.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#22 Posted: 19:44:03 27/10/2011
They made Skylanders they way they did because they felt like it?
I'm happy they didn't take fan suggestions for it, since some of the fans are just being huge babies BAWWWWing over a design and not gameplay.
---
but i love it all smooth
#23 Posted: 19:45:58 27/10/2011
Quote: LevanJess
They made Skylanders they way they did because they felt like it?
I'm happy they didn't take fan suggestions for it, since some of the fans are just being huge babies BAWWWWing over a design and not gameplay.

Who would want to listen to fans who whine about every single change and are immature enough to send death threats over a video game?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#24 Posted: 19:46:07 27/10/2011
^This so much...
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#25 Posted: 19:47:58 27/10/2011
Agreed, Aura.
I love how some of them love to boast about it like they won a damn war or something. smilie
"HEY MAN, I SENT A DEATH THREAT TO ACTIVISION FOR MAKING SPYRO LOOK LIKE A GREMLIN. BOW TO ME."
---
but i love it all smooth
JeremyTheDragon Green Sparx Gems: 317
#26 Posted: 00:12:55 28/10/2011
It's a reboot, man. They want to do something different.
#27 Posted: 00:37:13 28/10/2011
I've been asking this question since the game's announcement.

You've been asking this question for a long time. Everyone keeps answering it for you, and you don't listen. That's not our fault.

They won't NEED to make a new Spyro game. Insomniac can easily come up with something new. They REFUSE to make any more Spyro games. Why don't you get this?

It's like talking to a ****ing brick wall.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#28 Posted: 00:52:32 28/10/2011
I'm already looking forward to what they're planning for Spyro after Skylanders. A Skylanders sequel?
#29 Posted: 01:01:24 28/10/2011
Possible Skylanders sequel with Spyro included again? A full Spyro game with him and a few possible other recognizable characters? Or both?

I've been asking this question since the game's announcement.

You've been asking this question for a long time. Everyone keeps answering it for you, and you don't listen. That's not our fault.

They won't NEED to make a new Spyro game. Insomniac can easily come up with something new. They REFUSE to make any more Spyro games. Why don't you get this?

It's like talking to a ****ing brick wall.

You said it to him a bunch of times before too X3
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#30 Posted: 03:42:54 28/10/2011
I really really wish activision would give the franchise to high moon studios. Because they know what they are doing and try to please fans from both ends of the spectrum as well as do it in a way to bring in new fans and do it in a cool way example transformers war for cybertron and upcoming fall of cybertron both games based on the G1 transformers and yet they look cool but have modern aspects of it and has a great storyline with awesome gmaeplay to back it up. Oh well they didn't just got to wait till next year. And I still dont understand why people still dont believe the change it happened and theres not much you can do it is what it is. Me I have Fall of cybertron too look forward too. Me yes I dont like the change but I ignore it, play other games and hope another publisher is chosen for the next game.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
Dueck Green Sparx Gems: 301
#31 Posted: 07:53:23 28/10/2011
I've been a Spyro fan on-and-off since the original game. I think Skylanders is a great new direction. It's not just an original entry in the franchise, but in gaming itself. While it is a little costly for those of us who have to own all the figures, it has been a great investment so far. I just hope I can get my money's worth out of playing it.
---
smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
#32 Posted: 10:49:39 28/10/2011
Quote: S240sx24
I really really wish activision would give the franchise to high moon studios. Because they know what they are doing and try to please fans from both ends of the spectrum as well as do it in a way to bring in new fans

1. How does Activision not know what they're doing and High Moon Studios does?
2. They are trying to please both LoS and Classic fans. You only see fans of both sides hating it because Spyro looks different. They're being babies.
3. They are bringing in new fans.
---
but i love it all smooth
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#33 Posted: 11:04:20 28/10/2011
Well this Franchise is going to have too many characters by the end of another reboot
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#34 Posted: 12:11:08 28/10/2011
Not that I hate Skylanders or anything but if Activision wanted to introduce Spyro to a new audience of kids, why didn't they just remake the classic games?
#35 Posted: 12:44:53 28/10/2011
Quote: alicecarp
Not that I hate Skylanders or anything but if Activision wanted to introduce Spyro to a new audience of kids, why didn't they just remake the classic games?

They wanted to make Spyro their own- not follow what had already been set out. You can either attempt to replicate it (EtD) or breathe new life into it (ANsmilie and they chose the more risky option of number 2.

...Except I think Skylanders is here to stay, unlike ANB, which is a good thing.
---
#36 Posted: 17:06:15 28/10/2011
Quote: Aura24

You said it to him a bunch of times before too X3

Exactly.

Then he asks why people don't like him.
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#37 Posted: 06:48:34 31/10/2011
Quote: LevanJess
Agreed, Aura.
I love how some of them love to boast about it like they won a damn war or something. smilie
"HEY MAN, I SENT A DEATH THREAT TO ACTIVISION FOR MAKING SPYRO LOOK LIKE A GREMLIN. BOW TO ME."

I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You might want to lay low or stay with some family for a while.
#38 Posted: 06:53:18 31/10/2011
^ I hope that's sarcasm.
My post was sarcasm as well.
If you were serious, you didn't notice the quotation marks or the caps? :/

That's the second time that's happened to me.
---
but i love it all smooth
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#39 Posted: 06:57:31 31/10/2011
Haha, no.....

I was quoting the movie Anchorman when they were talking about how Brick killed a guy with the trident.
#40 Posted: 06:59:07 31/10/2011
Well then, I apologize. I can't read internet sarcasm well. :/
And I never heard of that movie before.
---
but i love it all smooth
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me