Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Low Battery issues [CLOSED]
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#1 Posted: 03:04:43 21/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Has anyone else been having battery issues with their portal of power. Specifically for PS3, but for Wii and 3DS too I suppose. I'm not 100% positive that I'm having battery issues, but troubleshooting through the portal lists, changing the batteries has been the only thing that I've been able to do. I've had to change them 4 times since Sunday and when I try to put old batteries back in, it doesn't work for more than a minute.
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#2 Posted: 04:43:27 21/10/2011
Haven't had that issue on my Wii
Cyndark Blue Sparx Gems: 612
#3 Posted: 07:13:36 21/10/2011
Ive played my game on ps3 1-2 hours for five days and it hasnt gone flat yet :/ what kind of batteries are you using?
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#4 Posted: 07:14:58 21/10/2011
Yes, I have. I've had to replace mine 3 times now.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#5 Posted: 10:34:46 21/10/2011
I had the game since last Friday, the batteries went low on Tuesday and I didn't even play the game at all on Saturday or Sunday. I put some rechargeable batteries in the portal on Wednesday but then they ran out of power on the same day. Just yesterday, I bought some non rechargeable batteries and hopefully they'll last longer.
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#6 Posted: 12:03:08 21/10/2011
Xbox version doesn't need batteries!
I laugh at your misfortune. HAHA.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#7 Posted: 12:35:47 21/10/2011
My batteries lasted all the way through the game. They died shortly after...
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#8 Posted: 12:36:18 21/10/2011
This is why I got the 360 version over the Wii version.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#9 Posted: 12:43:07 21/10/2011
They lasted pretty long for me. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#10 Posted: 18:37:36 21/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, I'm hoping they solve this issue with a wired portal. I don't even know why they released a ps3 accessories that couldn't plug in. Everything can usually plug in, even the wireless ones. You can't charge the portal or plug in into the wall or console. Awefully annyoing.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#11 Posted: 19:22:44 21/10/2011
Quote: riverhippo
Well, I'm hoping they solve this issue with a wired portal. I don't even know why they released a ps3 accessories that couldn't plug in. Everything can usually plug in, even the wireless ones. You can't charge the portal or plug in into the wall or console. Awefully annyoing.

Uh-huh. My portal lights up now, but I can't use it...
NaruKami1313 Red Sparx Gems: 81
#12 Posted: 00:30:06 22/10/2011
I have 3DS, mine is fine, Been playing tons since it's release, haven't changed my batteries once.
---
~Skylanders I have~ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Thenebulai Red Sparx Gems: 14
#13 Posted: 00:35:09 22/10/2011
I'd probably say mine lasted about 10 hours before I had to change them
Also, what kind of batteries are you using?
---
Crazy Skylanders player since 10/16!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:36:06 22/10/2011 by Thenebulai
#14 Posted: 08:47:05 23/10/2011 | Topic Creator
AA Duracell and Energizer. Alkaline
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#15 Posted: 22:12:51 02/11/2011
Somebody from Activision Support contacted me to say that this may mean a need for a warranty replacement of your Skylanders portal.

You can contact Activision Support for tech support or warranty issues at:

http://activision.custhelp.com...duser/home3.php

or

Facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

Also for contact information customers with broken Skylander toys or portals can call : Phone: 1-800-225-6588

Opening hours : Seven days a week from 7am - 7pm Pacific Time except for national holidays.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
ActivisionFlav Red Sparx Gems: 14
#16 Posted: 23:08:48 02/11/2011
Has anyone else been having battery issues with their portal of power. Specifically for PS3, but for Wii and 3DS too I suppose. I'm not 100% positive that I'm having battery issues, but troubleshooting through the portal lists, changing the batteries has been the only thing that I've been able to do. I've had to change them 4 times since Sunday and when I try to put old batteries back in, it doesn't work for more than a minute.

Hello,

I'm Flaviano with Activision Customer Support and see that you may be in need of extra assistance. If you have solved this issue please disregard this message, but know that we are available for support issues.

I'll leave this here as an open invite to anyone who is experiencing issues to contact us directly so we can get you all sorted.

Please feel free to contact me directly on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/atviflav) for support. I'm usually available from 7am - 4pm Pacific, Monday thru Friday. If you need assistance during my off hours feel free to leave a message on Twitter and I will respond as soon as possible or you can contact us at Activision through any of our available avenues.

Also on Twitter: Mikey http://twitter.com/#!/ATVIMikey

Activision Customer Service through e-mail https://activision.custhelp.co...enduser/ask.php

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

Phone: 1-800-225-6588 (U.S. & Canada) Seven days a week from 7am - 7pm Pacific Time except for national holidays.

Self Service Warranty Site: http://warranty.activision.com

[User Posted Image]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#17 Posted: 23:13:26 02/11/2011
Sorry, but it's hard to believe if you're really a person from Activision or just some fan pretending to be an Activision executive.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#18 Posted: 23:16:59 02/11/2011
No need to be suspicious in this case Aura24. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#19 Posted: 23:23:11 02/11/2011
So a real Activision executive actually joined the forums?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#20 Posted: 23:30:30 02/11/2011
he's not an executive, he's just a customer support rep. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#21 Posted: 23:30:50 02/11/2011
. . . I got a bad feeling something horrible may be brewing because of this smilie .

Not everyone here is. . . friendly towards Activision.

Nevertheless. . . Welcome to DarkSpyro Flaviano.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#22 Posted: 23:49:05 02/11/2011
Quote: Aura24
Sorry, but it's hard to believe if you're really a person from Activision or just some fan pretending to be an Activision executive.

Even if he isn't actually Activision, those links are to Activision's pages, and that number is Activision's, so he's not a troll.
rob7274 Green Sparx Gems: 113
#23 Posted: 00:02:42 03/11/2011
My batteries run out alot too.
I went out and bought a battery recharger and some batterys.
Only thing I can recommend
---
Im New (Skylanders Fan)
Not enough room for all my Skylanders so just my fav: smilie
#24 Posted: 03:29:22 03/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: ActivisionFlav

Hello,

I'm Flaviano with Activision Customer Support and see that you may be in need of extra assistance. If you have solved this issue please disregard this message, but know that we are available for support issues.

I'll leave this here as an open invite to anyone who is experiencing issues to contact us directly so we can get you all sorted.

Please feel free to contact me directly on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/atviflav) for support. I'm usually available from 7am - 4pm Pacific, Monday thru Friday. If you need assistance during my off hours feel free to leave a message on Twitter and I will respond as soon as possible or you can contact us at Activision through any of our available avenues.

Also on Twitter: Mikey http://twitter.com/#!/ATVIMikey

Activision Customer Service through e-mail https://activision.custhelp.co...enduser/ask.php

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

Phone: 1-800-225-6588 (U.S. & Canada) Seven days a week from 7am - 7pm Pacific Time except for national holidays.

Self Service Warranty Site: http://warranty.activision.com

[User Posted Image]

This post is legit. I know this because I did what they said... ...and before this post even. I talked to Activision support over the phone and they hooked me up with a way to get a new free portal, since 5-6 hours battery life is not the standard, apparently. Unfortunately, there still is no wired portal for the PS3 version and no other information on future character released could be spoke of (of course), but I'm hoping the the new portal I receive doesn't give me nearly as many problems.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:30:01 03/11/2011 by riverhippo
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#25 Posted: 04:37:57 03/11/2011
Just as an FYI: rechargeable batteries are amazing versus regular alkaline but, unfortunately, you get what you pay for. You really want to look for Eneloop or Pre-Charged Duracell batteries. These batteries will retain 80% or more of their charge over a year. Also, unfortunately, most rechargers are crap and nearly all "fast rechargers" will decrease the maximum mAmps of rechargeables significantly. I'd highly recommend looking on Amazon for a good recharger from LaCrosse or another comparable company.

I have 8 Eneloop batteries which last me 30% longer than Alkaline (2000mAmps vs 1500mAmps) cycled in to my two Wii remotes for over three years now with literally 100s of hours of gameplay; to give you some idea.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:21 03/11/2011 by Slivers
#26 Posted: 04:49:45 03/11/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, but I'd really just like to plug this thing in by USB. and I see no reason why that shouldn't be possible, other than the fact that they don't have one yet.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#27 Posted: 06:44:42 03/11/2011
cool. an actual activision dude joined the forum.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
nintendofreak Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#28 Posted: 08:19:56 03/11/2011
Dang I didn't no the other versions required batteries.That is kind of a bummer. Glad I did pick the 360 version over the wii version. One reason why if i can get a wired version over a battery run version i'll go wired.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:28:16 03/11/2011 by nintendofreak
ActivisionFlav Red Sparx Gems: 14
#29 Posted: 14:50:35 03/11/2011
Hey all, thank you for the welcome.

I understand being weary about anyone claiming to be from any company.

Unfortunately, as someone else stated, I am not Exec. (One day, I hope (bsmilie)b) but I am with Customer Support on the Social Media Team and am here to help.

Though because of me having to check several different sites a day the easiest way to contact me directly will be through the provided Twitter or Facebook link. Also, if you need any assistance in my off hours you can also contact us using any of the other contact links posted.
Dramall Green Sparx Gems: 106
#30 Posted: 02:16:54 10/11/2011
My portal for the Wii was chewing up batteries too. I contacted support, and am going through the replacement process. Will post when I get and test the new portal they send me.
Xerobull Green Sparx Gems: 431
#31 Posted: 16:06:38 10/11/2011
Can you guys who got a replacement portal tell us what to say when we contact via email or phone? I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. Thanks.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#32 Posted: 18:42:36 10/11/2011
When I called support, I just told them that I was only getting about 4-6 hours of play time per set of batteries (I did keep track of play time to verify). I also asked if that was standard for the portal. The CSR said no, and that I would need a replacement portal. Had them fill out the info they needed (email addy/name/shipping addy) while on the phone with them. They sent me an email with a link to a prepaid UPS label, but it did not come from Activision, it came from “Repair Centre”. Seeing that the game is so new did not have to give them a copy of purchase recipt.

Printed shipping label, boxed and sent out, now just waiting for the new one to arrive.

If you call, go through the menus untill you get to the point where you have said skylanders and then say "agent" that will get you to a person, or in que quickly.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:54 10/11/2011 by Dramall
Xerobull Green Sparx Gems: 431
#33 Posted: 21:11:06 10/11/2011
So they aren't doing advance exchange? In other words, they're having you send in your portal before you get one back? That's horrible customer service.

Hey, Activision rep, are you reading this? Advance Exchange is what you need to be implementing for this issue.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#34 Posted: 21:53:23 10/11/2011
Nope, no advance exchange. I was hoping there would be, my 3 yr old was bummed that we could not play together the other night.
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#35 Posted: 23:37:13 10/11/2011
Quote: Zackeio
. . . I got a bad feeling something horrible may be brewing because of this smilie .

Not everyone here is. . . friendly towards Activision.

Nevertheless. . . Welcome to DarkSpyro Flaviano.

May I say my ever so brief...

Oh God, please save us all!
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#36 Posted: 23:52:01 10/11/2011
I've studied the art of the cordless equipment and the corded. Te equipment with the cords are much better off in the short and long run than the cordless.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#37 Posted: 00:52:00 11/11/2011
Really? I never would have guessed...
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#38 Posted: 01:15:25 11/11/2011
Quote: Forgotten World
I've studied the art of the cordless equipment and the corded. Te equipment with the cords are much better off in the short and long run than the cordless.

A lot of people I have spoken to actually want their XBox version to be wireless as it is much more convenient for them to have the portal near them and the cord does not reach that far.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#39 Posted: 18:56:48 02/12/2011
Well I have gone through the RMA process with Activision. I sent my portal out on November 10th and got it back December 1st. Quite a time without being able to play!

True to their word, Activision sent me a brand spanking new portal complete with the USB wireless receiver for my Wii, so now I have 1 portal and 2 wireless receivers. I had confirmed with a CSR before I shipped the old portal, that I was not to include the receiver. So, I guess I am lucky to now have a spare receiver. I am currently testing the battery life with this new portal, and will post my results.

In my opinion, advanced exchange should be implemented for replacing portals. Once they had received my old portal (November 16th) I did not hear a thing from them until November 22nd. All I got was an email stating that my RMA status had changed. When I checked it, it said that a UPS shipping label has been generated. The replacement did not ship until the 28th. Over all I am a bit dissatisfied with the RMA process, things could have been better. I would have liked to hear some feedback from them, was there an issue with the portal? Or was it just replaced to keep the customer happy? Why did take so long to send a replacement back? 6 days from when the initial UPS shipping label was created to actual ship out, unacceptable in my book. I hope if ActivisionFlav is reading this, that he/she can pass this along to Activision.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#40 Posted: 00:50:57 03/12/2011
I've been having a lot of battery issues with my Wii portal. If the battery life is down by 50%, than the portal doesn't work. I have to use brand new heavy duty Duracell batteries constantly because the Portal drains them so fast. I had to change them two times yesterday when I wasn't playing that long.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#41 Posted: 02:24:44 03/12/2011
This is why I'm glad I got the PC version. No batteries! smilie
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#42 Posted: 22:44:20 04/12/2011
As I mentioned in another thread, my Wii portal ran on the same batteries for nearly all of the campaign, including my side-trip to the Pirates level and going back to redo lots of stuff.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Seth727 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#43 Posted: 03:56:17 05/12/2011
Quote: OpalOsprey
I've been having a lot of battery issues with my Wii portal. If the battery life is down by 50%, than the portal doesn't work. I have to use brand new heavy duty Duracell batteries constantly because the Portal drains them so fast. I had to change them two times yesterday when I wasn't playing that long.

my portal is almost exactly like yours except the portal doesnt drain them that fast but my portal wont work with them if they're below 50%. I found this out when I put batteries into the portal that were previously in one of my spare wii motes and it did not turn on for those batteries either so I put them back into the wii mote and the battery power was at 50%
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie )(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
#44 Posted: 04:14:20 05/12/2011
Quote: Seth727

my portal is almost exactly like yours except the portal doesnt drain them that fast but my portal wont work with them if they're below 50%. I found this out when I put batteries into the portal that were previously in one of my spare wii motes and it did not turn on for those batteries either so I put them back into the wii mote and the battery power was at 50%

I would not take the Wii battery life display as gospel as I know from experience that the time taken to get to the "50%" mark on the Wii remote battery display is longer than the time taken to drain the batteries to nothing (well, unusable). That display is merely based on a projection of potential difference and is not an exact metric.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Seth727 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#45 Posted: 07:45:45 05/12/2011
Quote: chaosworrier
Quote: Seth727

I would not take the Wii battery life display as gospel as I know from experience that the time taken to get to the "50%" mark on the Wii remote battery display is longer than the time taken to drain the batteries to nothing (well, unusable). That display is merely based on a projection of potential difference and is not an exact metric.

thank-you I didnt know that about the wii motes. but now that i think about it makes sense from past experiences with my wii motes.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie )(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#46 Posted: 23:56:39 02/02/2012
my friend had a portal problem he keeps changing the batteries.

this is why I got the xbox360 version
NCStarscream Green Sparx Gems: 494
#47 Posted: 01:14:12 03/02/2012
I've gone through far too many batteries with my PS3 Portal. I started using the wired 3DS one with my PS3.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#48 Posted: 01:26:41 03/02/2012
^it worked?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me