Page 1 of 1
Horrible FPS on the PC version [CLOSED]
Mimiga King Red Sparx Gems: 26
#1 Posted: 14:14:26 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Hey there, I bought the PC version 2 days ago and I've been getting some very very bad FPS on it. Just about 16 FPS to be precise. I noticed it when I installed fraps and tried to play the second level (Pasture something).

I'd like to know if someone else have the PC version and noticed some bad frame rate too.

My setup isn't the issue seeing as I have a quand core q9400 and a GTX 280.

I've notified Activision about it and I'll try calling them later after school but I'd like to know if there's someone else with this issue

Thanks!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:22 20/10/2011 by Mimiga King
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#2 Posted: 02:51:32 21/10/2011
I have the PC version and it's fine, it's probably something to do with your computer. or their's something up with your game.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was the latter, there seem to be a few dud Skylanders items out there. My Spyro figure doesn't work, yet all my other toys do! We had to email Activision and get them to send us a replacement. The post is taking forever tho...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#3 Posted: 03:03:52 21/10/2011
^I doubt it's either case. I've been hearing problems about this from a lot of people.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#4 Posted: 04:17:07 21/10/2011
Yeah, it lags a lot on my computer. For the past week I've been trying to fix it.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#5 Posted: 12:51:47 21/10/2011
Intel + nVidia? From gan. cca 4 years ago? Unless it's @ Skulltrail, I could only say, "What do thou expect?"

Thou should update, tech marches on. I personally would go into Llano.
---
Keep smile
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#6 Posted: 13:36:08 21/10/2011
Quote: Mimiga King
Hey there, I bought the PC version 2 days ago and I've been getting some very very bad FPS on it. Just about 16 FPS to be precise. I noticed it when I installed fraps and tried to play the second level (Pasture something).

I'd like to know if someone else have the PC version and noticed some bad frame rate too.

My setup isn't the issue seeing as I have a quand core q9400 and a GTX 280.

I've notified Activision about it and I'll try calling them later after school but I'd like to know if there's someone else with this issue

Thanks!

I have PC version too, and I got the same problem. I turned the resolution dow nad turned off the shadows so it orks now, but there's a tiny bit of pixelation around the edges of things and around shadows, but I for one don't notice it once Is start playing.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Hawkmoon Red Sparx Gems: 68
#7 Posted: 17:29:38 22/10/2011
The frame rate issues is at it's worst in the 2nd chapter/level. I had my software tool on that measured GPU usage and FPS and when it drops into the 20's the GPU usage is only around 10%, so it seems like the game in parts is badly coded or not optomized very well. The entire first level and almost all of level 3 I was solid 60fps. Level 2 & 4, with 2 being the worst in the 20's and level 4 had some drops to the 40's or so. I have a Nvidia 580 so I know it is not the card or enough GPU horsepower. I already contacted support, they replied with wanting a copy of my DsmilieIAG file which I already sent. For the most part it is fine, but level 2 is definately the worse and it is just the beginning part of level 2 and some other random areas, but in the majority of the game it is 60fps, but extremely low GPU usage.
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#8 Posted: 17:52:16 22/10/2011
Skylanders: Enter the Dragonfly
#9 Posted: 21:16:19 22/10/2011
I am 6 chapters in and so far only chapter 2 was a problem, but I decided to open my Pirate Seas Adventure pack and, yeah the framerate is horrid. I am talking down to the single digits. I have the "hidden treasure" thing and it rotates on the bottom of the screen, but in alot of sections of the Pirate Seas level, it barely moves cause the frame rate is so bad. It is basically unplayable right now cause it is so bad.
#10 Posted: 06:01:05 23/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys. Yeah, I noticed that it gets quite ok when turning all settings to minimum. Thansk for all your input smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#11 Posted: 06:14:06 23/10/2011
Wow, my game runs completely smooth now. All I really did was set it to best performance...
#12 Posted: 06:42:47 23/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Have you done anything special, Can you please explain how it went, if possible?

Thanks!
---
#13 Posted: 08:12:05 23/10/2011
All I really remember doing that made a difference was changing the video settings to high performance.
#14 Posted: 02:33:17 24/10/2011
Well, I have sent Activision my DsmilieIAG file for them to look at as they requested. They then replied to try 720p vs. 1080p and this did nothing. The only way to sustain 60fps in Chapter 2 and the Pirate Seas Level is to drop the quality level to "Middle" vs. High. For reference, I have a Intel 2600k CPU, GTX-580 3Gb GPU (x2), 8gigs of Ram...basically I can run every game known at 60fps at the highest settings @1080p, but with this game, the only way to sustain 60fps in all areas is to have it set to "Middle" or "Medium" in the game menu. Changing Shadow levels has no impact. The odd thing is that for most of the game, it does play at 60fps, except for Chapter 2 in most areas of the Pirate Seas level. I am sure since I am early that will also dip in other areas as well. The sad thing is that the game is only utilizing 15-20% of the GPU when it drops to these absurd frame rates. Even when running at 60fps in other areas, it is still only using max 40% of the GPU.

Lastly, I find it annoying that I cannot force any AA of AF in the game as the game clearly has some jaggie areas. The funny thing is, when running in Medium or Middle, the game actually looks better. The only thing that I can tell and this is just through some testing is that High add's blades of grass into the visuals, where in medium/middle they are flat grass textures. Because the game does not allow any AA or AF, in high with the grass blades, there is alot more aliasing going on. Ideally, the best scenario is for them to fix the performance issues and then allow the ability to add AA and AF to improve the image quality.

As of right now, I am thinking of just shelving the game for a little until they can fix it..but if they don't I am not sure what I am going to do. I have every character that has been released, I have the 3pack Legenday Set and I have the 2 Adventure Add-on's, so I have invested alot into the game. While I still can play at "medium", ther eis no reason why this game is not running at max frame rate at full setting with the rig I have.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#15 Posted: 02:37:51 24/10/2011
Does the game say what the minimum requirements are to play the game (Graphics, CPU, RAM, OS)?

So far, it sounds like it could be a RAM or CPU issue.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:11 24/10/2011 by Zackeio
#16 Posted: 02:54:33 24/10/2011
Quote: Zackeio
Does the game say what the minimum requirements are to play the game (Graphics, CPU, RAM, OS)?

So far, it sounds like it could be a RAM or CPU issue.

I guess you did not read my post where I list my specs. My rig is 5x more powerfull (if not morr) than the recommended specs for the game, so it is not the PC. There is not one game I own on the PC (60 in all) and every single one of them, even the heavy hitter ones like Crysis 2, Metro2033 all run at 60fps and 1080p with max settings. Even the Battlefield 3 Beta which many high end rigs had a hard time sustaining 60fps, I was able to run at a solid 60fps at max settings. In short, it is not the PC.

The kicker is that through 6 levels, 3-4 challenge levels, the hub area, it was level 2 and the Pirate Seas Level does the FPS drop like crazy. If it was an issue with the PC, then I would of experienced big drops in framerate in other levels of the game.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#17 Posted: 03:41:33 24/10/2011
Hmm. . . Somethings not adding up. Why would Perilous Pastures and one Adventure Pack cause your PC to work so hard. . .

Well I hope its some sort of patch issue cuz if its not, then something besides Skylanders is causing your PC to work too hard to run this game especially on Perilous Pastures (CH 2 is what I think you referring too). And hopefully Activision can give you a replacement free shipping and what not.

I know this is going to sound stupid but: Check to see whats running in the background when you boot your PC. Turn off something that you don't need and then run Skylanders again and see what happens.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#18 Posted: 06:58:29 24/10/2011
argh! whats the point of making a pc game that lags no matter what?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#19 Posted: 07:18:53 24/10/2011
It doesn't. I did say that I managed to fixed it. But just because what I did solved my problem doesn't mean it'll work for other people.
#20 Posted: 01:33:44 27/10/2011
When it drops framerate to the low levels, the GPU usage also drops down to less than 10%. In other parts of the game where I am getting 60fps, the GPU usage is around 30-40% and it is locked at 60fps. When it chuchs to the 10-15fps, gpu usage also drops..at one point gpu usage was at 3%.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me