darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Kaos battle. I MUST KNOW NOW. May contain spoilers
Page 1 of 1
Kaos battle. I MUST KNOW NOW. May contain spoilers [CLOSED]
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#1 Posted: 07:58:53 19/10/2011 | Topic Creator
OK, I've got all the elemental sources and stuff, and now I'm at Kaos' fortress thingy battling him in the flying drill with the Hydra and stuff, and I need to know,

IS THIS THE FINAL EPIC BATTLE. If I finish this in 1 piece, will the game be over? I must know, cause my % count says I'm only 40% through the game, and I've got most collectables. So it's like, WTF?

(I hope it's not tho, only been playing it for a week, less time than it took me to complete LoS ANB ).
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
DeathKnight Red Sparx Gems: 16
#2 Posted: 01:48:14 20/10/2011
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
OK, I've got all the elemental sources and stuff, and now I'm at Kaos' fortress thingy battling him in the flying drill with the Hydra and stuff, and I need to know,

IS THIS THE FINAL EPIC BATTLE. If I finish this in 1 piece, will the game be over? I must know, cause my % count says I'm only 40% through the game, and I've got most collectables. So it's like, WTF?

(I hope it's not tho, only been playing it for a week, less time than it took me to complete LoS ANB ).

Hi, I'm at the last stage (Lair of Kaos) too. But how do you get past the second gate with 3 locks? I can only find one key and stuck there. Walking around exploring, I am damaged by the electric arms and there seems no way of avoiding them. They even got past my chop chop's shield.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#3 Posted: 02:30:55 20/10/2011
Ah, I was fighting him just a while ago. He's too hard for me to beat. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#4 Posted: 12:08:54 20/10/2011
The two dead ends are actually lifts, walk over the middle of them and they should move. Just try and stay inbetween the electric arms while it's moving.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#5 Posted: 12:48:06 20/10/2011
^I just charged through them or waited for one to strike, then go.
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 14:59:07 20/10/2011
I'm over 80%, my main problem is Darklight Crypt and finding a final treasure chest.

I could be mistaken, but getting 100% requires one of each Skylander for the Heroic Challenges.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#7 Posted: 23:46:31 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fireball
Ah, I was fighting him just a while ago. He's too hard for me to beat. smilie

Same, I''ve tried it about 3 times, but still can't do it. I'm going back through the levels and trying to get the stuff I missed instead. And I'm gonna get all the upgrades.

The main reason it's hard is the chop chop evil minion, he kills like half of my skylanders! If only they'd hurry up and release Dino rang and Cynder, then I'd have more Skylanders (I'm only getting 1 of each element, )
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#8 Posted: 00:14:20 21/10/2011
I have to say the Chop Chop minion and zap ones should be killed quick and fast
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 01:28:58 21/10/2011
The Chop Chop minion is fairly easy for me to beat..... Zap, on the other hand.... Is a pain.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#10 Posted: 01:35:21 21/10/2011 | Topic Creator
^ Nah, Zap's easy if you have lots of health, just ignore the electricity he shoots you with (I can't dodge it no matter how hard I try) and he dies fairly quickly, then you just eat the food and you're back to full health.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#11 Posted: 01:39:43 21/10/2011
^The minions are easy. What you should really be watching is Part 2 of Kaos. It's a pain to dodge all of those elemental attacks...
---
#12 Posted: 02:41:42 21/10/2011 | Topic Creator
If the minions are easy... than this 2nd part must be REALLY hard... D:
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#13 Posted: 02:43:09 21/10/2011
The best way to defeat Chop Chop is to bait him, then juke right or left (when his slashing at you) and when his dizzy from one of his attacks. . . show no mercy when attacking and repeat.

For Zap, hit and run tactics work great against him, now that think about that tactic works well on almost all of the minions.

As for the last battle, for what I can tell. . . yeah. I kinda doubt that there's a hidden boss to fight. smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#14 Posted: 05:46:42 31/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay. Just beat kaos yesterday. he is really easy when you max up all the characters, actually, not even all, I probably could have defeated him with Stealth Elf alone, she's a tank when she's maxed up. And ironicly she was always the one I thought was worst at battling Kaos' minions... Though it kinda sucks that my replacement Spyro didn't come from activision in time to beat him...

Ending was cool tho, But there is one thing I don't understand...
What happened to the hydra?
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#15 Posted: 05:45:13 04/11/2011
Maybe the <thing talked about in the above spoiler> will be the boss in a sequel?

When I fought Kaos, I had certain chars at max experience so specifically avoided using them. I burnt through most of my other chars (with basically no experience or levelling) so as not to waste the experience from the minions.

I also wasted time/effort trying to hit Kaos when he was on the ground while minions and elements were doing their thing.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:45:45 04/11/2011 by chaosworrier
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#16 Posted: 23:03:05 04/11/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
I'm over 80%, my main problem is Darklight Crypt and finding a final treasure chest.

I could be mistaken, but getting 100% requires one of each Skylander for the Heroic Challenges.

Pretty sure I know the one you're talking about. Here's a hint:

It's in the water towards the end. Look for places to go 'under'
samuels Green Sparx Gems: 106
#17 Posted: 11:32:07 07/11/2011
So what happens when we beat Kaos?? Is the game 'over' in terms of chapters etc...so it's just a case of going back and trying to find things you might have missed? My Son has been on skylanders on and off for 2 weeks and has beat Kaos's minions...but is still struggling with the elemental attacks. I think he will be devastated if it ends now...so I might have to prepare him for that!!
samuels Green Sparx Gems: 106
#18 Posted: 11:36:52 07/11/2011
One last thing....if people have already beaten Kaos...why will they bother to buy the characters that haven't yet been released. My Son has all the characters released in the UK...and is desperately waiting for Trouble Double and Zuk....but why would we bother to get them if the game can be finished so quickly!?!?

I won't be spending a fortune on more characters if all he has left to do is get the last treasures etc that he missed the first time (having said that he's played the chapters over and over)!!

OK...enough whining for now...just very disappointed if the game is about to end!!!
#19 Posted: 12:08:12 07/11/2011
Quote: samuels
One last thing....if people have already beaten Kaos...why will they bother to buy the characters that haven't yet been released.

You can always start another game and start all over again with the different capabilities of other chars.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#20 Posted: 15:52:39 07/11/2011
Major spoiler alert!

---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
#21 Posted: 05:00:16 08/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: samuels
So what happens when we beat Kaos?? Is the game 'over' in terms of chapters etc...so it's just a case of going back and trying to find things you might have missed? My Son has been on skylanders on and off for 2 weeks and has beat Kaos's minions...but is still struggling with the elemental attacks. I think he will be devastated if it ends now...so I might have to prepare him for that!!

That is the end of the chapters. Sadly, but it is still fun to replay it with new characters, and the ending is cute. :3
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#22 Posted: 05:38:20 08/11/2011
Of course, any expansions you get are new chapters which are independent of the main storyline.
---
Soylent Green is People!
DarkMalefor1 Green Sparx Gems: 152
#23 Posted: 23:10:06 12/11/2011
I beat Kaos a few days ago. It was easy, if i really concentrated.
---
"A wise dragon once told me to aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes."

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me