darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Just got Skylanders, and there is something you should know...
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Just got Skylanders, and there is something you should know... [CLOSED]
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#51 Posted: 14:57:23 13/10/2011
I don't really see how the game being delayed for a few days is that bad.

Quote: LyraDragon
you americans can just stop whining and shut up. for ONCE, we got the friggin thing first. you ALLWAYS get the new stuff first. so you have nothing to complain about.

Aren't you complaining yourself?
But I digress.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#52 Posted: 15:26:46 13/10/2011
Quote: Aura24
you americans can just stop whining and shut up. for ONCE, we got the friggin thing first. you ALLWAYS get the new stuff first. so you have nothing to complain about.

Lyra, stop being offensive, seriously. smilie And stop ranting, you're not perfect..

She isn't being offensive. She's honestly speaking the truth.

The only people on here ranting about how late the game is coming out is Americans. Sure, not all of us are complaining, but for the most part, it's true.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 15:32:56 13/10/2011
Well she doesn't have to be smug about it....
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#54 Posted: 15:34:32 13/10/2011
She didn't appear smug.

To be smug about it is to say what she did, then talk about how that's why Americans suck or that other countries are better than us (even though it's often true). She didn't at all say anything along those lines. It was a basic small rant that makes sense.
#55 Posted: 15:41:36 13/10/2011
It was still a little offensive to me. Sure the Australians got the game first, but that's nothing to complain and rant to us about like 'We got the game first for once! So stop whining!', when we have to wait for a few days or tomorrow for the game to come out.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:42:38 13/10/2011 by Aura24
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#56 Posted: 15:47:05 13/10/2011
Once again, I'm not mad that Australians and Europeans get it first, I'm mad that there's probably going to be a whole bunch of spoilers all over the place.

And Lyra, what you're basically saying is, "SHUT up, americans. You're just angry we got the game first and your smug little butts didn't! HAH!"

That's offensive in my books, especially when it's not even true to all americans.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
PikaSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 250
#57 Posted: 16:17:30 13/10/2011
Quote: Fireball
Once again, I'm not mad that Australians and Europeans get it first, I'm mad that there's probably going to be a whole bunch of spoilers all over the place.

And Lyra, what you're basically saying is, "SHUT up, americans. You're just angry we got the game first and your smug little butts didn't! HAH!"

That's offensive in my books, especially when it's not even true to all americans.

Agreed. Even though I'm not a proud American, I still find it offensive.
---
Read my GB.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#58 Posted: 16:26:12 13/10/2011
She is an Elf. Not Elora.

The clue is in the name.
#59 Posted: 16:32:56 13/10/2011
It was still a little offensive to me. Sure the Australians got the game first, but that's nothing to complain and rant to us about like 'We got the game first for once! So stop whining!', when we have to wait for a few days or tomorrow for the game to come out.

She wasn't ranting about how she gets the game first.

She's ranting about the people complaining how North America doesn't get the game first, even though we always do with every other game.
#60 Posted: 16:34:50 13/10/2011
^That's the point. We weren't complaining.
---
#61 Posted: 16:35:40 13/10/2011

^ This, it is a little offensive to me.
---
#62 Posted: 16:36:59 13/10/2011
I guess I'm just not easily offended then.

Also, why are we all so touchy about spoilers for a game that will probably end up having a predictable story?
#63 Posted: 16:38:54 13/10/2011
Well, there's already spoilers over
Sparx
and other characters. Plus, all the Spyro games were spoiled for me because of people not putting spoilers in their posts. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:28 13/10/2011 by dark52
#64 Posted: 16:39:59 13/10/2011
^You talk about how you hate people spoiling it, yet you put a huge spoiler out in the open.
#65 Posted: 16:41:31 13/10/2011
Already over the place in other forums. That's how much it's occuring. smilie
---
#66 Posted: 16:42:47 13/10/2011
If you want your point to be valid, I suggest still using spoiler tags. Cause otherwise, you're only putting your foot in your mouth.
#67 Posted: 16:45:31 13/10/2011
Hey Fireball, put spoiler tags on your post there.
---
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#68 Posted: 17:28:12 13/10/2011
im just pissed off about how you guys complain about it when you get things before us. allways. and of course im not perfect. nobody is. and i can rant as much as i want if i want too.

now lets not start an argument over this and get off topic. now move along.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#69 Posted: 17:30:02 13/10/2011
Well don't take your anger out on us, what you said was just offensive to some of us who live in America. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:32:35 13/10/2011 by Aura24
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#70 Posted: 17:35:09 13/10/2011

Lyra, stop being offensive, seriously. smilie And stop ranting, you're not perfect..

Nobody is perfect.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#71 Posted: 17:45:52 13/10/2011
oh come on, are we gonna rant about something i just said? fine.

we norwegians arent that smug. we are pissed off bastartd who dont realise how good our lifes are and are not happy about anything.

what i said is not nearly as offensive as i was about to say. i actually have a valid reason to say "SHUT up, americans. You're just angry we got the game first and your smug little butts didn't! HAH!" because alot of americans i have seen has said the same thing.
but what i have just said, it the honest truth. and the icing of the cake is that america has just made a movie about the 'thing' that happend here in norway and that is bad. but of course, not every american can be the blame for this. alot of them are against this too. and the worst thing is that alot of them are all like ''haters gonna hate'' witch is only one of the many things americans may or may not have said to us about this matter. but of course, norwegians are not that nice too.

so, what i have just said, is only a little result of how mad i can be sometimes and i regret nothing of it. and i am sorry that this has turned out like this. now can we be all love and peace again?
---
Team Drago
#72 Posted: 17:54:30 13/10/2011
im just pissed off about how you guys complain about it when you get things before us. allways. and of course im not perfect. nobody is. and i can rant as much as i want if i want too.

now lets not start an argument over this and get off topic. now move along.

^thisthisthisthisthisthis

Nobody has ever had a problem with Lyra, or anyone else for that matter, ranting about Skylanders haters, or anything else along that matter. But the one time she RIGHTFULLY rants about how some people here are too selfish to at all think about how America always gets the games first and now complains when they don't for once, everyone is offended, disgusted, and angered.

Seriously guys. Calm the **** down. She made one comment that has brutal honesty and has truth in it. You guys don't like it when someone calls out your argument when it has sound logic in it. Why are you going to do the exact same thing to her?
#73 Posted: 18:12:09 13/10/2011
oh my gosh. someone defends me. it...it never happend to me before... smilie thank you..

but seriously, its like how one guy makes a joke about, for example, the thing in norway or the holocaust, and everybody laughs. but if someone makes a joke about 9/11 everybody gets pissed off and makes death threats.
---
Team Drago
Spyro Magic Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#74 Posted: 18:45:31 13/10/2011

OMG just SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!!!!
---
I do it for the lawls bro.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
#75 Posted: 18:52:37 13/10/2011
^ Easy, Spyro Magic, let's just let it slide and ignore it...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:59:35 13/10/2011 by Aura24
#76 Posted: 18:57:17 13/10/2011
i will no longer take part in this stupid conversation. i have said the truth and if you wont accept it, that is okay with me. i have said what i need to say and i will no longer answer anything related to this. feel free to send me death threaths or say how bad norwegians are and discuss about it and insult me too as much as you like, and feel free to say whatever you want to and also you can agree with me, and you may make fun of italians too, since im half italian as well, but what i said is the truth and i am not taking anything back no matter how much you say i shall. i have the right to say whatever i want whenever i want and so are you. so telling me to shut my pie hole will not accomplish anything and will not limit anything i can say about anything.

now if youll excuse me, i need to go eat some pasta while petting my polar bears. good day.

you may now continiue your arguing.
---
Team Drago
#77 Posted: 19:02:14 13/10/2011
I will no longer take part in this stupid conversation. I have said the truth and if you won't accept it, that is okay with me. I have said what I need to say and I will no longer answer anything related to this. Feel free to send me death threats or say how bad norwegians are and discuss about it and insult me too as much as you like, and feel free to say whatever you want to and also you can agree with me, and you may make fun of Italians too, since I'm half Italian as well, but what I said is the truth and I am not taking anything back no matter how much you say I shall. I have the right to say whatever I want whenever I want and so are you. So telling me to 'shut my pie hole' will not accomplish anything and will not limit anything I can say about anything.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go eat some pasta while petting my polar bears. Good day.

You may now continiue your arguing.

Fixed.

Sorry I couldn't understand your words with your grammar and spelling a little off.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:45 13/10/2011 by Aura24
#78 Posted: 19:08:16 13/10/2011
heh, well im not the best at english. you know why and you know my point.
---
Team Drago
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:09:53 13/10/2011 by LyraDragon
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#79 Posted: 19:15:59 13/10/2011
Here's an idea. Let's ALL shut up.
That ways no one can complain

And it was a tad bit offensive.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#80 Posted: 20:11:23 13/10/2011
While I am American (not a proud one, though), I am a bit offended, but hey, I'm sensitive anyway.
I do agree that Americans get most things first and whining that we don't get Skylanders first is sad and makes some of us seem hopelessly spoiled, but still.

I wish there wasn't a 3 day difference, since I do NOT want any spoilers, but I won't complain.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:14:58 13/10/2011 by LevanJess
#81 Posted: 20:51:47 13/10/2011
Not all americans are as bad as you say. I'm not mad that we get the game last and neither was Aura. So stop assumes things that are not true for everyone. End of subject. Good day.
---
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#82 Posted: 20:58:25 13/10/2011
I'm not mad that we get the game last and neither was Aura.

Or neither am I, and I'm American as well.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#83 Posted: 21:23:56 13/10/2011
It's only, what, a two day wait?
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#84 Posted: 21:29:23 13/10/2011
^ Agreed, three days isn't that bad.

And I'm not mad either.
---
but i love it all smooth
#85 Posted: 22:56:12 13/10/2011
Quote: Spyro Magic

OMG just SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!!!!

Calm your ass down.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#86 Posted: 23:20:45 13/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Wow... we've gone SOO off topic, smilie. Though I think it's mostly my fault anyway...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#87 Posted: 09:55:22 15/10/2011
Jeeze, what's with all the American hate up in here lately? You guys realize that Spyro exists because of Americans, right? smilie Personally, I'm not bothered by it coming out in other countries first, I just find it a bit strange that so much press has gone towards it everywhere but the US (where it was developed and whose cultural sensibilities it is most aimed at). It's probably the depression we're in. Ah well. *shrugs*

So what's this about Stealth Elf having hooves? smilie Do I have an even bigger reason to like her? Anyone got some pics of this? In all the footage and models of here I've seen, I just thought she was wearing boots and pants.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#88 Posted: 23:30:00 15/10/2011 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image] LOOK AT HER FEET!
It's also really noticible when she walks in the game.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#89 Posted: 23:35:43 15/10/2011
mother of god
---
Team Drago
#90 Posted: 10:42:45 16/10/2011
Now that you point it out, she is standing in a sort of faunnish way in the concept art. I haven't seen her walk enough to know how she moves, but I'm definitely intrigued now.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#91 Posted: 11:02:12 16/10/2011
Quote: Razz
Now that you point it out, she is standing in a sort of faunnish way in the concept art. I haven't seen her walk enough to know how she moves, but I'm definitely intrigued now.

Elora reincarnated with Ripto as Kaos reincarnated, The women will never ever give the guy a break for messing with avalar.
#92 Posted: 11:29:20 16/10/2011
...wuh? Oh, wait, I think I get what you're saying. Admittedly, Ripto did do a number on Avalar, so he kind of deserves it, especially if he's up to the same old tricks (and he certainly appears to be smilie).
#93 Posted: 13:30:54 17/10/2011
Jeeze, what's with all the American hate up in here lately? You guys realize that Spyro exists because of Americans, right? smilie Personally, I'm not bothered by it coming out in other countries first, I just find it a bit strange that so much press has gone towards it everywhere but the US (where it was developed and whose cultural sensibilities it is most aimed at). It's probably the depression we're in. Ah well. *shrugs*

I don't think anyone here is hating on Americans (if so, then I'm hating on myself smilie). People are just bugged by how Americans always get the game first, but then complain the one time that they don't.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#94 Posted: 16:03:21 17/10/2011
Wow, we're all getting a little patriotic here, aren't we? For you Americans, if you're really that bothered about the 2 day difference, you could've just ordered the game from abroad (and some sort of region breaking disc). Bonus, if you've got a PS3 there is no region lock. Don't wanna sound like a smug ass, here, but I've waited 3 months for things I've really wanted like SSBB and cinema releases of Disney films like Tangled and Princess and the Frog.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#95 Posted: 08:30:40 19/10/2011
Quote: IsisStormDragon
You can't jump in Zelda, either.

Yet lots of people love those games.

Ah, touché!
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#96 Posted: 09:33:29 19/10/2011
Quote: CAV

I don't think anyone here is hating on Americans (if so, then I'm hating on myself smilie). People are just bugged by how Americans always get the game first, but then complain the one time that they don't.

...which is most ridiculous since the game is available everywhere now. Sorry Japs smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me