darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Just for Faun Contest: Elora and the Skylanders
Page 1 of 1
Just for Faun Contest: Elora and the Skylanders [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#1 Posted: 01:00:03 14/08/2011 | Topic Creator
I just checked the forum rules again and this is perfectly okay since it's a Spyro-themed contest and nobody has to buy anything to enter. smilie

Just for Faun, the Elora group over on dA, is holding a Skylanders-themed contest: Elora and the Skylanders!

You can find all of the information at that link including the deadline, rules, prizes (one of which is a Skylanders figure), and more. We accept ALL kinds of creative work in these contests, not just art. smilie As long as Elora the faun is your focus and your piece is positive and fun, your entry is welcome! smilie

If you guys want me to post all the rules and what-nots here, I will. Otherwise, just click the link if you're curious.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#2 Posted: 04:50:56 19/08/2011
This contest sounds fun to me!smilie I missed your last contest because I was paying absolutley zero attention to the timeline of life which kinda dissapointed me. I would've loved to have done something for the dance one.

I'll definitly have to do something for this one. I'll take some time and draw up something amazing for our favorite little faun!smilie
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#3 Posted: 05:52:18 19/08/2011 | Topic Creator
I've done that, too. Sometimes it's pretty easy to lose track of time. smilie

Yaaaay! This one has a much longer time limit, thankfully. smilie
#4 Posted: 20:15:14 29/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Just a little reminder that this contest is still going and will keep going while I'm away. smilie You can submit your entries and they will be posted to the group whenever I am able to do so.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#5 Posted: 06:27:44 30/08/2011
I for one am still getting around to doing something! In fact I might go for drawing something nice in the next couple of days.

How come no one else seems to have noticed this topic here, hm? Come now, where are all of you Elora fans?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
SteelClaw Gold Sparx Gems: 2547
#6 Posted: 06:31:18 30/08/2011
I will do something for this (:
#7 Posted: 18:49:12 13/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Just a little bump to let everyone know that this contest is still going. So far we've had no entries yet, so your chances of winning as of now are really high. smilie
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#8 Posted: 20:24:47 13/09/2011
*uses his dismal art skills in paint*

I might have a chance!
#9 Posted: 20:31:12 13/09/2011 | Topic Creator
We don't judge based on skill, so you might. smilie Also, we aren't just for art. Writing, cosplay, videos, and any other form of creative expression is encouraged at JFF. smilie
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#10 Posted: 20:34:00 13/09/2011
Oh, I stink at all of that, lol. I'm talentless with tech.
#11 Posted: 20:19:38 23/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Hey, we actually have an entry for this contest (and it came just in time; I was about to shut it down)!

Skylanders Elora by ShaloneSK

There's a little over three weeks left in this contest (info is here) and we'd love some more entries. One of the prizes includes a free Skylanders figure. smilie
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#12 Posted: 11:53:45 24/09/2011
This sounds fun! Where do we submit our entries?
---
You gotta believe!
#13 Posted: 19:32:37 24/09/2011 | Topic Creator
If you have a deviantART account, just upload your entry there and then send a note to the Just for Faun group, me (Razzek), or leave a comment with a link to your entry. If you don't have a dA account, you can PM or e-mail me your entry and I'll post it to the group with the proper credit included (be sure to let me know what name you prefer and if you have a profile or website you want me to link people to if they want to find out more about you). smilie
#14 Posted: 21:28:44 24/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the double post, but this isn't quite related to the info provided above.

Since I don't have much to do of late and I never get tired of drawing my favorite faun, I've made an addition to the prize list for our Skylanders contest. smilie Contest info is here.

In addition to the prizes listed, I will also draw an Elora sketch for every entry received. If you designed Elora for Skylanders, I'll draw your version of her. If you didn't redesign her for Skylanders, I'll still draw an Elora sketch for you. smilie

Be aware, though, that I am currently in transition from one state to another and do not have access to my computer or scanner, so it may be a few weeks before I can get your sketch to you. When I am back for good, I'll be scanning, posting, and delivering the sketches (and possibly the contest prizes; moving takes a lot of time smilie).
#15 Posted: 18:43:19 07/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to remind everyone that the contest will be finished in a little over a week, so if you want to enter, now's the time! smilie
#16 Posted: 00:01:01 12/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh lordy, now it's a triple post! smilie Anyway, just a reminder that the contest will be ending on Saturday night, so if you want to submit an entry, you have until this weekend to do it! smilie
#17 Posted: 03:05:26 14/10/2011
Ok, is deviant art just for pictures? Because I have a short story for this contest and I don't know where to post it.
---
You gotta believe!
Lord_of_Sheeps Gold Sparx Gems: 2352
#18 Posted: 03:07:21 14/10/2011
Deviantart uploads written things as well as art, so don't worry about it.
#19 Posted: 06:46:42 15/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Lord of Sheeps beat me to the answer, and we would love a story entry. smilie
#20 Posted: 02:32:19 16/10/2011
Where should I post that?
Is it the journal thing and I send a link to it?

Okay, I put up a comment a minute ago. There's a link in it.
(I made the time limit... by a few hours)
---
You gotta believe!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:14:49 16/10/2011 by madison-dwrd
#21 Posted: 10:37:53 16/10/2011 | Topic Creator
You did it mostly right and I've got you down as a contest entrant. smilie You can submit stories to deviantART the same way you submit art, though, which will make things a bit easier in the future for you. smilie

And, in case anyone missed it, the contest is now closed for submissions. Voting will begin sometime tomorrow or as soon as I can put up the poll. smilie Thanks everyone for your wonderful entries and enthusiasm! smilie
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#22 Posted: 00:57:41 17/10/2011
I WAS going to try drawing a picture, but I had a lot of work to do last week, and didn't have time... That, and my drawing program's a pain, anyway.

It's the thought that counts, right?

And good luck to all who entered!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me