Page 1 of 1
the SCORPIONS!!! [CLOSED]
darkbabyspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#1 Posted: 19:03:20 30/03/2008 | Topic Creator
im am sooooooo stuck on thoose pesky scaorpions me and my auntie have tryed EVERYTHING you name it ice flame knock up attack dragon time..... does anyone know how to do it? please leave a suggestion or even better how to do it!! im begging!! *has knees in hands rocking...* thanks!
---
Nommish.
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#2 Posted: 20:06:11 30/03/2008
you do a knock up move and hit them when they fall on ground tail strike them
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#3 Posted: 23:50:38 31/03/2008
hold the circle button down
---
I is ded
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#4 Posted: 02:04:55 01/04/2008
They're called Blundertails.

And, if they're both comming at you, keep running around (while dodging cannon balls) and using charge as needed; eventually, only one will persue you and the other will attack with cannon balls fired from it's tail tip. Focus on the one attacking you physically: use Dragon Time (to avoid any injury completly) while running (not charging) away from it and quickling turn around. Use the knock up attack on it to stun it, and then melee it normally. Note: Using Dragon Time while meleeing it normally will allow you to get more attacks in before it regains itself.

After taking its helth down, it will fall. You MUST use Tail Strike on it to kill it completly, or else it shall regain half its half meter and start attacking you again.

All of this WILL work, if you die, try again a few times before comming back. And a good note: Do NOT use a Fury attack; this is basically useless since their blocking skill blocks EVERYTHING.
Last edited at 02:05:43 01/04/2008 by Shrazer320
fantasy luver Yellow Sparx Gems: 1286
#5 Posted: 19:51:16 01/04/2008
It's tricky but you'll get it eventuallysmilie
SpyroandCynder Red Sparx Gems: 46
#6 Posted: 20:24:19 01/04/2008
Quote: darkbabyspyro
im am sooooooo stuck on thoose pesky scaorpions me and my auntie have tryed EVERYTHING you name it ice flame knock up attack dragon time..... does anyone know how to do it? please leave a suggestion or even better how to do it!! im begging!! *has knees in hands rocking...* thanks!

I had trouble with the blundertails too. You just have to keep at them by doing exactly what shrazer320 said. Keep at them and dragontime helps a LOT. Hit them with your malay attack and dragon time at the same time. (Breath attack dosen't work.) When you are out of dragon time run and dodge there attacks. If running away dosen't work you'll just have to doge there attacks regularrly and when your dragon time is full again keep on hitting them and once there health bar is down tail strike them.(The circle button and hold.) Do the same for the other.

Here is also the console version walkthrough for a lttile easier explanation:

Without so much as an exploratory rest you're thrown into a fight against the Blundertails. They're a couple of large scorpions with cannons for stingers. These two work closely together and so are harder than they would be alone, obviously. To do some damage you need to do a melee knockup to open their blocking claws, then you can attack them freely, if the other one didn't have a problem with you doing that of course, so the best thing to do is knock one up and then the other, then attacking the second. Repeat until one of them is sort of flat on the ground, it's at this point you should perform a Tail Stike to squish them, like the spiders. With just the one Blunder Tail left there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Good luck and have fun!!!!smilie
---
The best things in life are "PURPLE" Cut and paste this if you love smilie
smilie It is time to unleash the true dragon within you!smilie
darkbabyspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#7 Posted: 14:53:48 20/04/2008 | Topic Creator
ok now im onto RAVAGE RIDER aghhhh!! how do you do him?
---
Nommish.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#8 Posted: 20:22:21 20/04/2008
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=2265
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#9 Posted: 22:31:48 20/04/2008

smilie You haven't noticed that he fights exactly like Steam?
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#10 Posted: 22:36:53 20/04/2008
i notished that
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4193
#11 Posted: 17:19:59 16/05/2008
Quote: Shrazer320

And, if they're both comming at you, keep running around (while dodging cannon balls) and using charge as needed; eventually, only one will persue you and the other will attack with cannon balls fired from it's tail tip. Focus on the one attacking you physically: use Dragon Time (to avoid any injury completly) while running (not charging) away from it and quickling turn around. Use the knock up attack on it to stun it, and then melee it normally. Note: Using Dragon Time while meleeing it normally will allow you to get more attacks in before it regains itself.

After taking its helth down, it will fall. You MUST use Tail Strike on it to kill it completly, or else it shall regain half its half meter and start attacking you again.

All of this WILL work, if you die, try again a few times before comming back. And a good note: Do NOT use a Fury attack; this is basically useless since their blocking skill blocks EVERYTHING.

Are you sure Fury Attacks don't work on these guys, "Shrazer320"? Because the first time I played thsi part of the game, I had my Fury Meter full. And for some reason, when I used this Fury attack both enemies died! So are you sure this doesn't work!

Side Note: When I did this Fury attack, I had done it right at the door-like area where I had entered the arena in the cutscene, so maybe using my Fury may not have killed them, but maybe it pushed them off the edges of the area, thus killing them instantly. This is just another possible reason to why the Blundertails don't die normally with a Fury attack, but could explain how the Blundertails died when I was playing it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Anonymous Fodder
#12 Posted: 18:42:31 09/07/2008
k guys how exactly do you do the knock up attack? and the tail spin is when youre on ice right?
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#13 Posted: 19:49:50 09/07/2008
Press and hold circle, and yes.
Earth Terrador Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#14 Posted: 17:45:34 15/07/2008

First the Blundertails,then Ravage Rider...smilie
---
Bash pwns your faces.
Spyrosflame Green Sparx Gems: 277
#15 Posted: 20:48:28 15/07/2008
Quote: Shrazer320

they cant block furies! the i kill them with furies every time, since its pointless to save up the furie during that battle.
---
You can try to tear me down,
Pull me to the ground,
I will see you screaming.
Earth Terrador Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#16 Posted: 19:19:53 22/07/2008
Well,when i tried a fury without doing knock-ups first,they stayed alive!
---
Bash pwns your faces.
spyrorockforeva Green Sparx Gems: 391
#17 Posted: 21:15:30 29/07/2008
right ravage rider
here is what i would do as soon as you start use dragon time run up and hit it as many times as posible and then just follow it and soon it will turn side or if not go to te center of circle ten it follows use dragon time to doge it then it comes to a stop then hit it as many times then repeat it.

or here is a trick watch this vid my friend showd me. its a timeline but just skip to the bit of the ravege rider though make sure you watc every second
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IsDYnC1d520
---
spyro rocks foreva
spread the word to the world
Eternal Night Green Sparx Gems: 447
#18 Posted: 08:58:26 30/07/2008
smilie
---
The Darkest Hour is Right Before the Dawn..
spyro_madgirl Blue Sparx Gems: 594
#19 Posted: 09:17:35 01/08/2008
Blundertails - Run around the arena, the Blundertails will follow you. Turn around and do a knock-up attack and then run again before the other Blundertail gets you. This way takes more time, but I found it safer than doing a knock-up attack and then meleeing them as normal because they usually swipe at you. Earth Breath works a treat, too. Tail strike the Blundertails QUICKLY when they fall to the ground. If they get up, they restore half of their health.
^ Don't use Fury, it's way too risky. If you haven't done a knock-up attack then they'll just block anything you throw at them.

Ravage Rider - Fire Breath for this one. Stand in the middle of the arena (and avoid the cannon balls Ravage Rider shoots, and the flames that come out of the sides of the ship) and wait until the giant ship comes down the middle of the track in your direction. Jump out of the way and when the Ravage Rider crashes into the wall, keep flaming it until it gets going again. Repeat until it breaks down. smilie

Then you've got the Executioner. smilie Fun, fun.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me