Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
New Trailer
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 15:49:57 05/08/2011 | Topic Creator
The official Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure twitter account has posted a brand new trailer for the game.

A lot of the footage is from the previous E3 trailer but there are a few new bits in there including two previously unseen Skylanders; Dino-rang and Zook.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#2 Posted: 18:39:52 05/08/2011
I know everyone tells me Spyro will never be the same again and I accept that but the idea of children playing Skylanders without realizing how Spyro used to be one of the greatest platforming games of all time back then still leaves me uncomfortable. Bobby Kotick saying Skylanders will be the best toy ever doesn't exactly help either.

I'm not in a good mood yet ironically though it's not Skylanders this time since I had a rainy summer, a scanner that won't work and people actually defended Call of Duty douchebags and justifying the creepy otaku.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 18:44:31 05/08/2011
Most of us know already that Spyro will never be the same again.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#4 Posted: 20:21:15 05/08/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
I know everyone tells me Spyro will never be the same again and I accept that but the idea of children playing Skylanders without realizing how Spyro used to be one of the greatest platforming games of all time back then still leaves me uncomfortable. Bobby Kotick saying Skylanders will be the best toy ever doesn't exactly help either.

Who cares? By the time LoS came out, very few people knew what Spyro was like back in the old days. So long as people still know there is such a thing as Spyro, then those who are interested can find the old games to play if they want. End of story. And props to Bobby for having faith in his product.
#5 Posted: 23:01:33 05/08/2011
Quote: Razz

Who cares? By the time LoS came out, very few people knew what Spyro was like back in the old days. So long as people still know there is such a thing as Spyro, then those who are interested can find the old games to play if they want. End of story. And props to Bobby for having faith in his product.

When has Bobby Kotick ever lost faith in his product? His ego is as big as his money vault. Remember what how much Tony Hawk RIDE sucked? What does Kotick do? Release another one that basically shelved the Tony Hawk games (as well as Guitar Hero)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#6 Posted: 23:04:41 05/08/2011
This trailer uses too many old bits for me to honestly care.

Though I'm a bit curious as to why it didn't mention PC as one of the systems....

When has Bobby Kotick ever lost faith in his product? His ego is as big as his money vault. Remember what how much Tony Hawk RIDE sucked? What does Kotick do? Release another one that basically shelved the Tony Hawk games (as well as Guitar Hero)

Tony Hawk (on hiatus)
Guitar Hero (on hiatus)
Crash Bandicoot

He's lost faith before.
AMW1998 Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#7 Posted: 23:20:04 05/08/2011
I like the old spyro games better.
---
I am a big fan of Spyro.
#8 Posted: 02:29:59 06/08/2011

Nice dodge of the issue you originally brought up there. smilie And, no, I don't remember anything about Tony Hawk because it was never something I was interested in from the start. And I don't ever recall seeing quotes about specific games from Kotick in the past, good or bad, so there's that. There's also the little thing that a CEO (which Kotick is) is not in charge of directly releasing games, so he's not the one who made Tony Hawk suck, he's just the guy who had the final say on whether they'd give the franchise another try after it's bad game (which didn't work, so the company at large, not just Kotick, decided to shelve the franchise for now*).

* "Hiatus" means "temporary state which could change any time", not "gone forever".
#9 Posted: 02:31:18 06/08/2011
Bobby Kotick rant. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
cynder fan Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#10 Posted: 12:17:29 09/08/2011
THIS IS WAR!!!!THIS IS SPARATA!!!!!!!THIS IS.......
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO SPYRO?!
---
,,This is where it really ends''
#11 Posted: 14:39:45 09/08/2011
Quote: cynder fan
THIS IS WAR!!!!THIS IS SPARATA!!!!!!!THIS IS.......
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO SPYRO?!

That joke ain't funny.

And they made a game on him. :3
Seradar Red Sparx Gems: 83
#12 Posted: 16:32:15 09/08/2011
Anyone else wondering who the red dragon at 1:00 is?

And they better bring cinder back, or im gonna be pissed
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:32:35 09/08/2011 by Seradar
#13 Posted: 17:07:15 09/08/2011
^ Skylanders is a reboot, Sedar. That means it has nothing to do with the Legend series nor the Classic series. So you might as well be pissed since there's a high chance Cynder won't even be in this game. All because Cynder is gone, it makes some fans angry.. Hm...
---
#14 Posted: 17:23:09 09/08/2011
Oh, you silly Cyndorks, you. Cynder IS back in Skylanders. Her name is Sonic Boom. smilie
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#15 Posted: 20:34:06 09/08/2011
^ *claps* Nice one.
PikaSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 250
#16 Posted: 21:11:17 09/08/2011
Oh, you silly Cyndorks, you. Cynder IS back in Skylanders. Her name is Sonic Boom. smilie

^lol. smilie

This is why I'm not a Cynder fan AND a Legend fan anymore. It's because of fans like Seradar. :/
---
Read my GB.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:35 09/08/2011 by PikaSpyro
#17 Posted: 02:53:00 10/08/2011

^thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#18 Posted: 03:21:09 10/08/2011

I lol'ed.
#19 Posted: 14:57:00 10/08/2011
Ahh,this is not spyro O.o
---
#20 Posted: 19:45:22 10/08/2011
Ahh,this is not spyro O.o

Yes he is. He just got a redesign. -__-
---
Read my GB.
#21 Posted: 19:46:37 10/08/2011
Yeah, Spyro is there in the trailer.
---
#22 Posted: 20:29:28 10/08/2011
I love watching these people react to old news.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#23 Posted: 20:30:05 10/08/2011
Quote: Skorpion216
I love watching these people react to old news.

Agreed.
#24 Posted: 20:33:58 10/08/2011
This thosent look like spyro smilie
---
#25 Posted: 20:41:45 10/08/2011
This thosent look like spyro smilie

You've said this before. Get used to it. -__-
---
Read my GB.
#26 Posted: 20:46:48 10/08/2011
Spyro's going to look different than what fans want him to look, cynder fan, whether you like or not.
---
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#27 Posted: 22:46:00 10/08/2011
Spyro looks cuter then his pic on the skylanders page. I will miss a good friend of myne... R.I.P oringinal spyro.... You will live in my heart for all eternity. X3 i JUST HAD to add that!
#28 Posted: 23:34:55 10/08/2011
Pfft. Original Spyro died when EtD came out. If you're going to go that route, at least admit the facts here. smilie
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#29 Posted: 08:26:12 11/08/2011
Pfft. Original Spyro died when EtD came out. If you're going to go that route, at least admit the facts here. smilie

Original Spyro died? He's not a living creature. He's just a Goonro.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#30 Posted: 13:54:02 11/08/2011
smilie ima KID! SHEESH GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD PLEASE! spyro can be alive in my imagination! LIVE WITH IT
Anyway... Skylanders spyro has cynder horns, and i dont like his tail, but i gotta LIVE LIFE. smilie
#31 Posted: 18:24:20 11/08/2011
smilie Ahh!I cant bilive it! There wuld doo bether if there wuld make this move smilie
---
#32 Posted: 21:32:29 11/08/2011
smilie Ahh!I cant believe it! There would do better if there would make this move smilie

Grammatically fixed for those whom can't read it.

..................It still doesn't make sense. The most I can guess is that you think they would do better with the movie than with the game, in which I say "no they wouldn't". The film would've been a box office bomb, like most video game adaptations.
ih8u2 Green Sparx Gems: 274
#33 Posted: 03:03:48 12/08/2011
Okay. I love the original Spyro series. It was a huge part of my childhood, I wish kids today knew of it, I hated EtD and LoS because they screwed around too much with my nostalgia, but you know what? I'm actually looking forward to Skylanders. I think slapping Spyro's face on a game that could've done without it was a bit unnecessary, but it's better than mutating the original worlds in a way that was either lazy, missed the mark, or took itself way too dang seriously. I think this game looks like a good amount of effort and marketing savvy was put into it, and for that, I'm cool with it. So if this is what kids thing Spyro is in this day and age, fine. At least it's getting a fresh start. :T
---
5 things u should know: 1. I'M A GIRL! 2. I'm cr@_@zy. 3. Don't call me crazy. 4. I'm an Insomni@c. 5. I h8 games that put me to sleep.
#34 Posted: 03:34:00 12/08/2011
I'm not alone! smilie
#35 Posted: 06:17:48 12/08/2011
Quote: ih8u2
Okay. I love the original Spyro series. It was a huge part of my childhood, I wish kids today knew of it, I hated EtD and LoS because they screwed around too much with my nostalgia, but you know what? I'm actually looking forward to Skylanders. I think slapping Spyro's face on a game that could've done without it was a bit unnecessary, but it's better than mutating the original worlds in a way that was either lazy, missed the mark, or took itself way too dang seriously. I think this game looks like a good amount of effort and marketing savvy was put into it, and for that, I'm cool with it. So if this is what kids thing Spyro is in this day and age, fine. At least it's getting a fresh start. :T

I've never thought about it like that, but I'm still not very bothered about the game, I'll read up about it, and later on when I find a playthrough of it on YouTube, I may watch a couple of videos on it, but that's as far as I will go with it, there's just other games of my interest right now.
---
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#36 Posted: 12:09:58 12/08/2011
Spyro's dead.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#37 Posted: 12:26:42 12/08/2011
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Spyro's dead.

No, he's still alive. -__-
---
Read my GB.
#38 Posted: 14:01:33 12/08/2011
Spyro's dead.

Spyro was never alive in the first place.
#39 Posted: 15:45:16 12/08/2011
It's kinda of weird that this article is full of ranting about how Spyro is now how he is and I only complained about Activision's overall handling of the brand.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#40 Posted: 16:43:17 12/08/2011
Spyro's dead.

Spyro is a video game character, therefore he can only die in your mind when you are fed up of that video game character. Now this may seem cinfusing as to which Spyro you are talking about.
---
darkcynro Green Sparx Gems: 229
#41 Posted: 02:53:25 13/08/2011
ok i have been gone for awhile but now im back. did anyone else notice that at the end of that trailler the red dragon at the end looked alot like Ignitus. i bet someone has already noticed this but i was to lazy to read all of the comments any ways after seeing that i thing that some of the charactors form the others spyro games will be in the new skylanders game.
---
may the ancestors watch over you, may they watch over us all
#42 Posted: 02:54:17 13/08/2011
It looks kinda like a young Ignitus, I'll give you that.
#43 Posted: 09:36:05 13/08/2011
Quote: darkcynro
ok i have been gone for awhile but now im back. did anyone else notice that at the end of that trailler the red dragon at the end looked alot like Ignitus. i bet someone has already noticed this but i was to lazy to read all of the comments any ways after seeing that i thing that some of the charactors form the others spyro games will be in the new skylanders game.

I've seen a few people say that the red dragon at the end of the trailer looks like Flame from A Hero's Tail, and others like yourself say it looks like a younger version of Ignitus from LoS. It does look like both of them to me, but I highly doubt it is actually them.
---
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#44 Posted: 12:49:00 13/08/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Spyro's dead.

Spyro is a video game character, therefore he can only die in your mind when you are fed up of that video game character. Now this may seem cinfusing as to which Spyro you are talking about.

Indeed. Go and explore an alternate universe now.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#45 Posted: 17:26:31 13/08/2011
Spyro's dead.

Indeed. Go and explore an alternate universe now.

That makes no sense to me.
---
darkcynro Green Sparx Gems: 229
#46 Posted: 17:50:18 13/08/2011
Quote: darkcynro

I've seen a few people say that the red dragon at the end of the trailer looks like Flame from A Hero's Tail, and others like yourself say it looks like a younger version of Ignitus from LoS. It does look like both of them to me, but I highly doubt it is actually them.

well i just thought i would bring it up and im sure the character will not be named Ignitus or Flame but still it suprised me how much they look alike
---
may the ancestors watch over you, may they watch over us all
#47 Posted: 18:03:07 13/08/2011
So, that creepy purple pig is spyro?
---
#48 Posted: 18:03:35 13/08/2011
Yes, he is Spyro.
---
#49 Posted: 18:30:11 13/08/2011

Why are you bothering a give such a sarcastic question?
---
#50 Posted: 19:38:12 13/08/2011

Surprisingly, yes. smilie
---
Read my GB.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me