First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The Appearence of Spyro. [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#51 Posted: 09:13:36 11/08/2011
Although I do think it is an adequete design in a stand alone sense, I sympathize with the people who say "it's not Spyro". Now, before anyone goes calling me a raging fanboy, I'm far from it. I don't mind Skylanders being here.

But let's be honest. While LoS Spyro was very similar to Classic Spyro, Skyro looks a bit too different to be called Spyro. Also, a lot of people who did not like LoS argued that it was really a random action game with Spyro smacked in for extra attention. But couldn't we say the same for Skylanders? Well, we have to, because the reps for the game at various conventions have pretty much confirmed that it is a fact in regards to Skylanders. I know I can say a lot more here, but I'm on my phone, so I won't right now. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#52 Posted: 15:21:27 11/08/2011
Quote: Razz
Hmmm... It's kind of hard to explain if the concept doesn't make sense already. Try thinking about something that isn't normally considered cute but which you think is cute. Like...classic Spyro is a pretty good example. He's not adorable (the guy's got one heck of an overbite, for one), but there's just something about him that makes you look past what are very ugly traits to see the cuteness in him. It's harder for most people to do this with Skylanders Spyro, but some of us have. The big eyes and snub nose remind a lot of people of pug dogs or cute lizards (he makes me think of anoles smilie).

my god your right
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#53 Posted: 20:26:12 11/08/2011
I think, in the end, it all comes down to the individual. I never thought LoSpyro looked a thing like iSpyro or any other previous version, but I see a lot of clasSpyro in Skyro. Other people are the opposite of that. I'm content to think that a game with "Spyro" in the title and a purple dragon as an option makes it a Spyro game, while others aren't. So be it. I don't think anyone is ever going to agree conclusively on this one.
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#54 Posted: 21:06:29 11/08/2011
He does kinda look like Spyro and Ember's illegitimate child, doesn't he?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#55 Posted: 22:14:52 11/08/2011
Hmmm... It's kind of hard to explain if the concept doesn't make sense already. Try thinking about something that isn't normally considered cute but which you think is cute. Like...classic Spyro is a pretty good example. He's not adorable (the guy's got one heck of an overbite, for one), but there's just something about him that makes you look past what are very ugly traits to see the cuteness in him. It's harder for most people to do this with Skylanders Spyro, but some of us have. The big eyes and snub nose remind a lot of people of pug dogs or cute lizards (he makes me think of anoles smilie).

Well, you've just confused me all the more smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#56 Posted: 23:33:59 11/08/2011
Alas, I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word for it, then, Super. Some of us just find certain ugly things really adorable. smilie
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#57 Posted: 01:12:26 12/08/2011
Quote: Forgotten World
Quote: TheWereCat
While I like it, I feel that many dedicated Spyro fans have more or less convinced themselves to love it, simply because the character is under the 'Spyro' name. Since I feel I'm going to get flamed for saying this, I'm just going to put it, short and sweet; it's not the best design. I feel as if the initial designs of the very talented artists had an adorable quirk to them that was ignored a bit by the developers, who most likely wanted to make sure that the character appealed to boys, since they're the audience SSA is aiming for.

The other Spyro games were targeted at girls, except for the LoS series. Which were targeted for older boys. Now we have games targeted for late elementary kids, which will be quite interesting.

Forgotten World: The original Spyro games weren't targeted towards any gender. They were designed with a young audience in mind (under 13). Gender demographics weren't very big in the gaming industry in the 90s. LoS also did not have a set gender demographic and was just aiming for older players, period (Cynder was included specifically as a character female players could relate to). I see a lot of aiming towards boys in Skylanders, but it is on the whole just meant to appeal to kids in general.

I thought they explicitly said they were focusing on younger players. At least I think I recal l you saying that, way back when...
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#58 Posted: 03:30:24 12/08/2011
I know I said that about the classic Spyro games, certainly. I've always heard that LoS was more or less trying to get older Spyro fans (mainly teens).
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#59 Posted: 06:25:41 12/08/2011
Alas, I'm afraid you'll just have to take my word for it, then, Super. Some of us just find certain ugly things really adorable. smilie

I guess it's like I said before, it's opinionated.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
SpyroGeneration Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#60 Posted: 17:39:36 11/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skorpion216
This was the closest thing I could find to match my reaction for the first time I saw Skylander's Spyro.

RIGHT ON!! That would my closest thing I could match to it, too.
Firehead010 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#61 Posted: 22:50:38 13/10/2011
I think his voice, at least, is better than in LoS. Honestly, he sounded to sad in those games. At least in these, he sounds happier.

And actually, he didn't look too bad either.
---
Don't try to hard to get through life. No one gets out alive anyway. -Random
InsaneAlphaBeta Green Sparx Gems: 194
#62 Posted: 04:05:34 14/10/2011
to be honest, i don't like it, i despise it honestly, though, that alone wouldn't stop me from buying the game, though, from what ive seen so far, it just isn't a game i would play, so either way i don't plan on getting it, not purely on spyros looks, but because it doesn't interest me like the other spyro games did, (the three originals and the LoS trilogy)
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10076
#63 Posted: 04:46:18 14/10/2011
At first I thought, "He looks alright, but...why?" and now, "Aww, he's so cuuuute <3"
a person Red Sparx Gems: 51
#64 Posted: 05:16:00 14/10/2011
I prefer how he looks in the launch trailer over the in-game character model, but I've always liked the new design.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#65 Posted: 05:39:34 14/10/2011
the first screenshot we got for spyro was just a bad screenshot and now, he looks alittle better, but thats just me.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#66 Posted: 06:00:53 14/10/2011
Quote: AngelicBeast
He looks like Ember and Spyro had a kid, I find it kinda cute to think of it that way :3

More like Malefor and Ember
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#67 Posted: 10:56:39 14/10/2011
At first I thought he looked a bit ugly.
Saw all the raging fans hating the game because of a design, calling the ones who like it "NOT TRUE SPYRO FANS!".
Looked at the design again, thought he looked a bit cute.

So, I love it. Much better than DotD.
---
but i love it all smooth
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#68 Posted: 11:40:11 14/10/2011
first reaction WTF IS THAT THING
second reation well i can't change it so live with it
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#69 Posted: 20:40:54 14/10/2011
My reaction upon first sight: "That's one monster case of Derpes Cynder gave him...".
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me