darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Is Kaos a terrible enemy when compared to Gnasty, Ripto, Red and the Sorceress
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Is Kaos a terrible enemy when compared to Gnasty, Ripto, Red and the Sorceress [CLOSED]
Summers94 Blue Sparx Gems: 585
#1 Posted: 17:08:18 01/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Yes!!!! just don't like the look of him smilie
---
Matt Summers
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 17:16:14 01/08/2011
Is this a terrible placement of a topic when there's a Skylanders and General section

Yes!!!! Just don't like the placement of the topic smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 17:21:02 01/08/2011
Quote: Summers94

How do you know Kaos is a terrible enemy? Did you play Skylanders? (Obviously not.) Or are you just judging him by his looks alone? By the looks of your comment, you're judging him by only his appearance, and you haven't played the game to know his full character. <.<
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:50:12 01/08/2011 by Aura24
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#4 Posted: 18:01:47 01/08/2011
Is this a poorly-veiled excuse just to whine even more about how you hate Skylanders?

Yes!!! Just don't like the obvious bias of the topic. smilie

But to seriously answer your "question": no, no he is not. Kaos is a return to form for Spyro's villains, who (up until the overblown LoS series) tended to be pretty goofy and only mildly threatening (with a dash of legitimate sinisterness about them if you really stopped to think about it). Kaos is powerful but not infallible, a little scary and a little goofy at the same time. For my money, comic-relief villains like him are a lot of fun and they're perfect for a game aimed at the young.
#5 Posted: 18:07:37 01/08/2011
And judging the game only by character designs that you don't like, Summer, is not a good way to judge a video game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:11:03 01/08/2011 by Aura24
#6 Posted: 18:31:46 01/08/2011
At this point, I've lost count of how many people whined about Spyro's new look only to now use it as their icon or decide they want the game after all for some other reason when they originally said they'd rather die in a fire than play it. smilie
#7 Posted: 19:03:07 01/08/2011
^They've judged the book by its cover, and when more details and info was revealed, some of them started liking the game.
---
Spyro Magic Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#8 Posted: 00:57:48 02/08/2011
@Aura24, there you guys go again... All this is, is a little question for anyone to have fun with. All Summer is asking, if we think Kaos is a terrible enemy or not. We don't know if he is or not, because we haven't played the game yet (obviously). So pretty much what I am saying here, is that we can predict and have a lot of fun with this question, if we think he is a terrible viilain or not. And this is right place to be bashing the Skytlanders haters (again) :/
---
I do it for the lawls bro.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
#9 Posted: 01:33:54 02/08/2011
Summer simply answered his own question by telling his opinion about what he only knows about Kaos when he obviously doesn't know much about the villain, and simply judged his character by only his design. His comment showed evidence of that.
---
Spyro Magic Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#10 Posted: 03:26:09 02/08/2011
True, but we could at least try to make the best of it, and not make such a big deal. Maybe the subject could be something like, "what do you think Kaos will be like?" or, "what do you think Kaos will end up as?". As I said, let's try not to make such a big deal.
---
I do it for the lawls bro.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#11 Posted: 03:54:27 02/08/2011
Seriously, I kinda agree man. Every time I see someone shows some sort of dislike of Skylander's I see them get bashed on like automatically. Jeez.
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#12 Posted: 03:55:45 02/08/2011
Return to goofyness? Ugh the Masked Assassin in Ten was thrilling to watch getting angry.
#13 Posted: 06:14:20 02/08/2011
You must consider guys, that when someone comes into a topic instantly bashing it, they've kind of already started something and not everyone is just going to sit back. This happened when DotD came out and now it's happening here. If Summer didn't want such a negative response, then perhaps such a negative start to the conversation shouldn't have been thrown in. But it's also worth noting that no one can defend Summer's statement except Summer. Maybe this is exactly what they wanted out of this topic.
#14 Posted: 17:30:46 02/08/2011
Quote: Razz
You must consider guys, that when someone comes into a topic instantly bashing it, they've kind of already started something and not everyone is just going to sit back. This happened when DotD came out and now it's happening here. If Summer didn't want such a negative response, then perhaps such a negative start to the conversation shouldn't have been thrown in. But it's also worth noting that no one can defend Summer's statement except Summer. Maybe this is exactly what they wanted out of this topic.

^This. Summer started his topic with a negative start without even bothering to wait and know the full details of a character who he hates (all because of his design), and doesn't know very much about.
---
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#15 Posted: 17:41:55 02/08/2011
Quote: Razz

Agreed here.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:43:55 02/08/2011 by semp123
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#16 Posted: 01:28:49 03/08/2011
He's a pretty cool guy, chokes on bugs and doesn't afraid of anything.

...It's too early to tell if he's better/worse than other villains, all of the clips of him were very short. But I love how expressive his animation is.
---
#all Spyros are valid
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 01:50:14 03/08/2011
Haven't paid enough attention to him to notice.

Quote: Spyro Magic
All this is, is a little question for anyone to have fun with.

And it was answered.
#18 Posted: 01:50:32 03/08/2011
Bwahaha! smilie

It's worth noting, too, that Kaos isn't the sole villain of Skylanders. The 3DS has Hectore as its main villain.
PeaceDragon09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3037
#19 Posted: 01:42:06 04/08/2011
Kaos seems like a cool guy to hand out with smilie
Clark_Kent99 Green Sparx Gems: 109
#20 Posted: 01:45:02 04/08/2011
What does he look like? I haven't seen a pic
---
I rise from the ashes.
PeaceDragon09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3037
#21 Posted: 01:52:47 04/08/2011
I believe I saw it here. I'm to lazy to look at the video again smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:08 04/08/2011 by PeaceDragon09
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#22 Posted: 14:38:40 09/08/2011
Let me make a little roleplay for you guys. Based off, what i have seen in my time here on the Skylanders message board.

''dude nr.1: So far i dont quite like -insert something about the skyladers game here- and i-

''dude nr.2: THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! you know NOTHING! You havent played the game and therefore you are NOT allowed to dislike anything! GTFO YOU TROLL!!! Also, let me write a long post of why you are wrong and im not while all the others argue with me and after a while the discussion reaches one million posts and gets off topic.''

The end.

.....I understand the whole 'dont judge a book by its cover' thing, and i completly respect your options, but jeez you guys smilie

On topic- I dont know. I say he might be the typical evil but clumsy type of guy.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#23 Posted: 17:28:26 09/08/2011
It would do you well, Lyra, to consider that Skylanders fans have been harassed and attacked from the very first announcement of the game back in February. The childish behavior of a large majority of Skylanders haters has more or less set the stage for an automatic defensive nature on the part of the fans. Aura does her best to be polite to the haters, which is more than I can say for people like Summer who entered the topic with an incendiary comment. Maybe if you'd read the other posts in this thread, you might have known that, too.

It's also worth noting that none of the Skylanders fans did things like draw dead Spyro with the Activision flag jammed through him, or make curse-filled rant videos on YouTube, or write offensive articles decrying the game when the article writer hasn't even watched the trailer. As it happens, the fans of the game are very out numbered by the haters, so of course we're going to stand up for it when we can.
#24 Posted: 19:13:01 09/08/2011
i wasnt talking about aura herself, and she beeing polite is a good thing, but most people here seems to not like the fact that people might dislike/not beeing intrested in the game even if they have seen the trailer and gameplay and they say this here. excuse me but i feel like i cant say that i dislike that or this because people, no matter how polite, will say that i am wrong because i havent played the game. and i know that not ALL people are like this. yes skylanders fans have been attacked, and it is bad. but other fans have attacked the ''haters'' too, witch is also bad.

also, as spyro magic says, must we make such a big deal out of this? if soomeone makes a topic like this, id say we could play along a little instead of argue everything all the time. i feel like razz, aura and CAV are usually the ones who starts to discuss things and argue, but i can be wrong.
---
Team Drago
#25 Posted: 19:19:33 09/08/2011
Quote: LyraDragon
also, as spyro magic says, must we make such a big deal out of this? if soomeone makes a topic like this, id say we could play along a little instead of argue everything all the time. i feel like razz, aura and CAV are usually the ones who starts to discuss things and argue, but i can be wrong.

Well, you are definitely wrong about me, CAV, and Razzek starting arguments after discussing things.
---
#26 Posted: 19:21:02 09/08/2011
I like to discuss things, admittedly, and I'm cool with people having their own opinions, but if you're going to start off negatively with something, don't expect people to just take it at face value. If you don't want people to argue with you, don't start out with argumentative statements (which is what this topic did). I don't recall seeing the polite haters of Skylanders being treated this way, certainly.
#27 Posted: 19:45:56 09/08/2011
well, not really attacked, but beeing told that they cant say such things. but if i say that, f. ex. 'i think that i think the game looks kinda boring, i will be told that i cant mean this because the game isnt out. am i not allowed to dislike something?
---
Team Drago
#28 Posted: 19:50:41 09/08/2011
Of course you are allowed to dislike something.
---
#29 Posted: 19:55:04 09/08/2011
summer isnt, as i am seeing.
---
Team Drago
#30 Posted: 19:58:30 09/08/2011
Because Summer instantly bashed his own topic by only judging by a character's design. He doesn't know Kaos' full character and personality, and thinks he's a terrible enemy only by his character design nothing more. Like Razz said, Summer already started something by instantly bashing his own topic with a negative start.
---
#31 Posted: 20:02:37 09/08/2011
mabye he meanth his looks and design, not the way he acted.
---
Team Drago
#32 Posted: 20:05:20 09/08/2011
Yeah Summer only judged Kaos by his appearance, and not his full character and personality, obviously, since he's never even played Skylanders to know whether or not Kaos is a terrible enemy:

---
A7XSparx Green Sparx Gems: 344
#33 Posted: 20:06:47 09/08/2011
I'm not sure what they mean by "terrible" Teribbly evil? No, turning people into toys is kinda corney. A terrible villian? Nope, he seems pretty cool. Then again, I can't judge that by how he looks. I do like his design, but again the whole toy thing sounds petty of a villian.
---
Sparx: Eeeeeeewwww, what's that...THING on your head?!
Persephone: It's a button. If you press it you get free coffee! smilie
Sparx: YAAAAY! smilie
#34 Posted: 20:09:54 09/08/2011
For a villain, Kaos successfully defeated the Skylanders by banishing them to Earth on his encounter with them, and since Earth has no magic, they were turned into toys as a result.
---
#35 Posted: 20:15:40 09/08/2011
i think you misunderstood, i meanth mabye he thinks he LOOKS bad, as in he dont quite like the design they gave him. not how he ACTS and IS in the game. mabye. or he means something else.

i myself, dont quite like his design eather. but if i see how he acts, mabye ill change my mind.
---
Team Drago
#36 Posted: 20:19:03 09/08/2011
Summer literally asked us if Kaos is a terrible enemy as the topic's title, Lyra, and he answered his own question by saying 'yes', only because he doesn't like his design, not by his personality nor his character.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:15 09/08/2011 by Aura24
#37 Posted: 20:23:08 09/08/2011
Well that's true. I guess it's not that corney if you think about it that way.

And I said I DID like his design. smilie He looks like a face-painted monkey with red eyes....what's not to love? smilie
People are just finding EVERY POSSIBLE WAY to hate Skylanders. "If hating Spyro's design doesn't work, hey, let's move on to something ELSE I can hate!
Now they're hating it simply for attention.
---
#38 Posted: 20:28:14 09/08/2011
so...hes not allowed to dislike the design? mabye he says it rudely but...
---
Team Drago
#39 Posted: 20:31:17 09/08/2011
He's allowed to dislike the design all he wants. But he said it in such a way that would brew up another arguement. He said it almost challengingly. smilie
---
#40 Posted: 20:33:04 09/08/2011
^ Exactly.
---
#41 Posted: 20:46:19 09/08/2011
i see. oh well.
---
Team Drago
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#42 Posted: 21:03:24 09/08/2011

I personally think he looks funky, and strange, but if you think that then fair enough.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#43 Posted: 22:41:12 09/08/2011
What does he even look like?
#44 Posted: 22:45:05 09/08/2011
Here: http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Kaos
---
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#45 Posted: 22:48:21 09/08/2011
He has a face only a mother could love.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#46 Posted: 01:34:24 10/08/2011
Looks to me more like a crazy lust pain driven ripto
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#47 Posted: 03:14:25 10/08/2011
Quote: Aura24
Because Summer instantly bashed his own topic by only judging by a character's design

I get how he only judged a character via design.

What I don't get is how one can bash their own topic when the main purpose was to express their negative opinion about the character. How can you bash a topic meant to bash a character in the first place?
#48 Posted: 04:01:49 10/08/2011
It's not that Summer bashed the topic, it's that he created it solely as a poor excuse to bash the game itself. And that's the root of the problem. Which, again, leads me to wonder why everyone gets their panties in a bunch over the two or three people who like the game; I don't see Skylanders fans acting like this on the whole, but the haters are doing it en masse and it's just ridiculous.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#49 Posted: 08:56:17 10/08/2011
...I don't see what's wrong with the OP. Would the haters have said that the topic was a problem if Summer said she liked the design? No, they wouldn't actually. They'd disagree, but they wouldn't waffle on about the topic being problematic. It's a topic where people can express opinions on a matter. There are thousands of topics like this all over the forum. Lots of them open with a negative opinion, and nobody ever complained. What makes this topic so different?

As for Kaos, I think he just seems generic. Much like everything else in the game.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#50 Posted: 10:12:57 10/08/2011
I think Summers was meant to be asking hisself the question, and then left it open for you to answer too, I think this is all a big misunderstanding.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me