Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Another Batch of Screens
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 19:06:37 15/07/2011 | Topic Creator
GoNintendo have today posted a brand new set of screens that will probably seem eerily familiar... but they're new nonetheless. They've also got the finalised boxart for the North American release for the Nintendo systems as well as a poster that you can print out and colour in if you feel the need to.

And Joystiq has a few more that GoNintendo neglected to post.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:59 15/07/2011 by dark52
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#2 Posted: 19:08:29 15/07/2011
The colouring page just made this game BEST!
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#3 Posted: 19:12:07 15/07/2011
The coloring page is the bomb! smilie

Notice how Spyro is on the sidelines again... smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 19:21:53 15/07/2011
Yeah I'm sure that one's going to trigger a seriously lengthy and potentially annoying argument... or not. <.< >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#5 Posted: 19:24:27 15/07/2011
Quote: bionicle2809
The colouring page just made this game BEST!

Agreed.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 19:35:25 15/07/2011
Few new more screenshots, dark:
http://www.gamergeddon.com/201...re-screenshots/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 16:40:29 16/07/2011
Spyro's name is reduced further and further otherwise it would be called Spyro: Skyland Adventures and Spyro would be in the centre of the cover.

I bet next year we'll have Skylanders 2 and with Spyro's name ultimately not found.

By the way, it's Stewart Copeland's 59th birthday toaay!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#8 Posted: 16:56:55 16/07/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
Spyro's name is reduced further and further otherwise it would be called Spyro: Skyland Adventures and Spyro would be in the centre of the cover.

I bet next year we'll have Skylanders 2 and with Spyro's name ultimately not found.

By the way, it's Stewart Copeland's 59th birthday toaay!

Ofcourse. Infact, "Spyro" is so drastically different I feel bad to name the dragon that name. Possibly even why he's not the main attraction, just a conspiracy to get money in from the dedicated already existing fans. Yeah sure, he resembles Spyro, but not the same at all. Atleast with TLoS, yeah different, but atleast A: The game was based on him and B: Was still cutish and dignified.

Now *holds sheild* when will the protectors come to destroy my view I wonder.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#9 Posted: 17:49:44 16/07/2011
Skylanders is Spyro's spin-off game. And Spyro's design in the game is just another example of what a dragon would look like in reality.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#10 Posted: 07:03:21 17/07/2011
^ Yes, but they didn't have to make him look so UGLY!
---
IT'S A DRAGON
#11 Posted: 07:08:21 17/07/2011
That's just an artist's imagination of what a dragon would look like in real life, SpyroSC.
---
#12 Posted: 11:07:49 17/07/2011
Quote: Aura24
That's just an artist's imagination of what a dragon would look like in real life, SpyroSC.

Yes because real life dragons would be small with big popping eyeballs and sharpless teeth. Activision hires people from Pixar to look through Insomniac's scrapped prototypes for their final on Spyro. Big money, big talent, little effort.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#13 Posted: 14:16:47 17/07/2011

Yes because real life dragons would be small with big popping eyeballs and sharpless teeth. Activision hires people from Pixar to look through Insomniac's scrapped prototypes for their final on Spyro. Big money, big talent, little effort.

The artist wasn't from Pixar... The artist was from Dreamworks
#14 Posted: 15:13:48 17/07/2011
Yeah, Tom Hester, the character designer of Shrek, designed Spyro in Skylanders, Stevey. Might want to do your research before saying something you don't know about.

And there are other forums here to talk in, like the Classic Spyro game forums here that you are so devoted to, than just ranting on and complaining about Skylanders on every Skylander-related topic we all know that you hate so much.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:30:35 17/07/2011 by Aura24
#15 Posted: 17:40:53 17/07/2011
Yeah, Tom Hester, the character designer of Shrek, designed Spyro in Skylanders, Stevey. Might want to do your research before saying something you don't know about.

And there are other forums here to talk in, like the Classic Spyro game forums here that you are so devoted to, than just ranting on and complaining about Skylanders on every Skylander-related topic we all know that you hate so much.

Okay I apologize for that but that's still no excuse for some Hollywood talent to decide to put little effort into using already rejected concept instead bringing an iconic character back to life in full detail.

After 10 years, the people stopped recognizing Spyro as the AAA franchise it once was.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#16 Posted: 17:49:48 17/07/2011
Rant about it elsewhere, Stevey...
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#17 Posted: 17:52:52 17/07/2011

There is no rule aginst expressing an opinion, Aura. At least he didn't just simply say "SLYKAMDERS SUUUXXX!!!11!1! smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie", or anything like that...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#18 Posted: 17:52:59 17/07/2011

Where?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#19 Posted: 17:54:12 17/07/2011

Where?

On other forums here? Like the General section?

Quote: sonicbrawler182

There is no rule aginst expressing an opinion, Aura. At least he didn't just simply say "SLYKAMDERS SUUUXXX!!!11!1! smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie", or anything like that...

But he keeps saying almost the same thing, on a Skylanders-related news topic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:02 17/07/2011 by Aura24
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#20 Posted: 17:58:18 17/07/2011
But he is saying Skylanders related things on this Skylanders related topic. So what's the problem?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#21 Posted: 18:02:23 17/07/2011
Nothing, yet he still posts rants we all heard him say before, and we got that message.
---
#22 Posted: 18:08:57 17/07/2011
Nothing, yet he still posts rants we all heard him say before, and we got that message.

I don't care what you think.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#23 Posted: 18:12:39 17/07/2011
The Spyro games you grew up with will never be the same again, Steve. Most game franchises go through changes, and the Spyro series is no exception. If this AAA title of Skylanders succeeds, then they'll give Spyro his own series back, but in what universe in unknown.
---
#24 Posted: 18:20:05 17/07/2011
The Spyro games you grew up with will never be the same again, Steve. Most game franchises go through changes, and the Spyro series is no exception. If this AAA title of Skylanders succeeds, then they'll give Spyro his own series back, but in what universe in unknown.

What about Mario. His games evolved but never change at the same time. He is a mascot for Nintendo as Spyro was for Sony and as we all know, first party companies that make consoles are superior to third party publishers especially if you see the amount of bland games Activision won't stop throwing at our faces. Mario's status was never reduced from 3D platforming to Eye of Judgement-style toys that you can only buy in Toys 'R' Us.

Sony needs to give Activision a good ass kicking. Even Square-Enix could handle Spyro better and with the track of their titles in recent years, that is saying a lot.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#25 Posted: 18:39:49 17/07/2011

What about Mario. His games evolved but never change at the same time. He is a mascot for Nintendo as Spyro was for Sony* and as we all know, first party companies that make consoles are superior to third party** publishers especially if you see the amount of bland games Activision won't stop throwing at our faces. Mario's status was never reduced from 3D platforming to Eye of Judgement-style toys that you can only buy in Toys 'R' U***.

Sony needs to give Activision a good ass kicking****. Even Square-Enix could handle Spyro better and with the track of their titles in recent years, that is saying a lot.

* Spyro was the mascot for Universal.
** Opinionated, not fact smilie.
*** You can buy them anywhere, ironic considering that the last news post on the website was about the toys being released on Amazon and such.
**** And, what have Sony got to do with this?

I rest my case... Cases...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:48 17/07/2011 by bionicle2809
#26 Posted: 18:47:38 17/07/2011

What about Mario. His games evolved but never change at the same time. He is a mascot for Nintendo as Spyro was for Sony* and as we all know, first party companies that make consoles are superior to third party** publishers especially if you see the amount of bland games Activision won't stop throwing at our faces. Mario's status was never reduced from 3D platforming to Eye of Judgement-style toys that you can only buy in Toys 'R' U***.

Sony needs to give Activision a good ass kicking****. Even Square-Enix could handle Spyro better and with the track of their titles in recent years, that is saying a lot.

*** You can buy them anywhere, ironic considering that the last news post on the website was about the toys being released on Amazon and such.

Do you REALLY think it would be a good idea to leave Spyro at the hands of Bobby Kotick? Why should we support Skylanders when it's no better than upcoming DmC. Why are these franchises always given to non-fans?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#27 Posted: 18:58:13 17/07/2011

Do you REALLY think it would be a good idea to leave Spyro at the hands of Bobby Kotick? Why should we support Skylanders when it's no better than upcoming DmC. Why are these franchises always given to non-fans?

I never said it was a good idea that Spyro has been left in the hands of Kotick. In fact, I make many references to him being an arse. The difference between you and me, is that I'm not trying to stop it. It's happened and there's nothing we can do about it. Do you really think someone like Kotick is going to listen to you that easily?

You didn't even respond to what I said, you just tried to back up your arguments with a statement that had no relevance by ignoring that you made numerous errors in your first post. Good show.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:00:40 17/07/2011 by bionicle2809
#28 Posted: 19:00:38 17/07/2011

I never said it was a good idea that Spyro has been left in the hands of Kotick. In fact, I make many references to him being an arse. The difference between you and me, is that I'm not trying to stop it. It's happened and there's nothing we can do about it. Do you really think someone like Kotick is going to listen to you that easily?

Then what do you suggest? I repress my anger and grow a brain tumor?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#29 Posted: 19:03:16 17/07/2011

You're not gonna get a brain tumor because you repressed your anger over the internet. If you're really angry about this then you really need to calm down. It's possibly one of the most trivial things to get angry over.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#30 Posted: 21:35:33 17/07/2011
Skylanders is Spyro's spin-off game. And Spyro's design in the game is just another example of what a dragon would look like in reality.

In reality? Lol, this is not real life we're talking about you know.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#31 Posted: 21:51:23 17/07/2011
I am aware of that, Super. I didn't say that 'Skylander Spyro's design is what a dragon looks like in reality.'
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#32 Posted: 22:18:43 17/07/2011
Steve, how can there be an official design for dragons? They never existed, so how they look is dependant on the artist. Yeah, there is an outline for dragons. Skylanders Spyro fits the basic outline, so he's a dragon.

I don't care what you think.

Then why continue to respond?

And why should any of us care what you think?
#33 Posted: 23:07:10 17/07/2011
Most people see dragons as large majestic fierce fire breathing monsters of the sky and when it comes to Spyro, we instantly think Insomniac's original design. Why change that? That's like changing Mario. That's like changing Link, oh wait... That's like changing Sonic....uuuuugh.... That's like Dante-(facepalm)
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#34 Posted: 23:09:39 17/07/2011
Most people see dragons as large majestic fierce fire breathing monsters of the sky and when it comes to Spyro, we instantly think Insomniac's original design.

.........Which was very small and somewhat cute (IMO), unlike the large majestic fierce fire breathing monsters of the sky, kinda like the Skylanders design.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:52 17/07/2011 by CAV
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#35 Posted: 23:39:28 17/07/2011
Quote: CAV
Most people see dragons as large majestic fierce fire breathing monsters of the sky and when it comes to Spyro, we instantly think Insomniac's original design.

.........Which was very small and somewhat cute (IMO), unlike the large majestic fierce fire breathing monsters of the sky, kinda like the Skylanders design.

Besides, there are different types of dragons that look differently. Why would they all look the same?
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#36 Posted: 00:00:42 18/07/2011
I fail!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#37 Posted: 01:06:07 18/07/2011
Quote: Fireball

Besides, there are different types of dragons that look differently. Why would they all look the same?

And those different type of dragons communicate differently as well. In some adaptions with dragons we see nowdays in media, they growl and roar to communicate while some actually talk. I'm used to see all kinds of dragons that looked differently, which would probably explain why I don't mind Spyro's design in Skylanders.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:56 18/07/2011 by Aura24
#38 Posted: 06:09:42 18/07/2011
I am aware of that, Super. I didn't say that 'Skylander Spyro's design is what a dragon looks like in reality.'

It seems like you're saying that though.
---
#39 Posted: 06:23:00 18/07/2011
But I wasn't.
---
#40 Posted: 06:42:26 18/07/2011
But I wasn't.

Okay, I don't understand what you were trying to say.
---
#41 Posted: 06:54:12 18/07/2011
I was saying that Spyro's character design in Skylanders is just another artist's imagination, or their version, of what a dragon would look like in appearance, if they were real.
---
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#42 Posted: 09:27:08 18/07/2011

"Im a tuma, Im a tum, Im a tuma" FG lol
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
#43 Posted: 12:51:24 18/07/2011

No.

But by trying to stop it yourself is only going to set you up for failure, which will make you even more angry than you are now. My suggestion is to give up, and wait and see where the franchise goes. You can still rant, but don't act like it's fact, because it isn't. And don't say someone is arrogant just because they respond to you.
#44 Posted: 16:34:59 18/07/2011
Don't come crying to me if the game turns out bad.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#45 Posted: 16:35:50 18/07/2011
And don't come crying to us if the game turns out way better than what you've been expecting it to be based on what you dislike about the game so far like most of the raging fanbase, Stevey. smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:47:24 18/07/2011 by Aura24
#46 Posted: 19:29:35 18/07/2011

We won't.

We'll simply say "this game isn't good" and move on. Nobody here is saying that the game is automatically good, since nobody here played it, and can't say that.
#47 Posted: 08:26:54 19/07/2011

We won't.

We'll simply say "this game isn't good" and move on. Nobody here is saying that the game is automatically good, since nobody here played it, and can't say that.

Well you can that if you want to, but in my opinion, you would look a bit of a fool.
---
PurpleEye Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#48 Posted: 07:50:45 22/07/2011
Trigger happy's rotary-turret looks awsome!
---
dat dog dance
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me