Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
videogame logic. [CLOSED]
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#1 Posted: 08:38:51 16/06/2011 | Topic Creator
i like the fact that spyro can charge trough metal poles, but cant brake simple wooden poles. and also he cant swim, but can fly very well in some levels. oh and lets not forget the big muscular dragons that cant defite the bad guy and had to send the baby dragon to do it after they got freed. .-.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:31:33 16/06/2011 by LyraDragon
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 15:08:03 16/06/2011
Video games don't really have any logic, I mean, a talking dragon?

What about Tomb Raider? I'm sure you'd find a tomb that complex with ammo and health packs inside of it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#3 Posted: 18:59:38 16/06/2011 | Topic Creator
i know that, but focus on what i just said. also, if he can nock over a big metal barrel, why not knock over a armored turtle as well?
---
Team Drago
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:11 16/06/2011 by LyraDragon
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#4 Posted: 19:14:30 16/06/2011
1. Wooden poles are obviously mightier than metal poles in the world of dragons.

2. He can't swim because he hadn't met Moneybags, who is the only guy that can teach young dragons to swim. Spyro was born with the ability to fly.

3. The older and stronger dragons lost their power, so after they were freed, they had to go home and have a rest.

See? Makes pertfect sense.
#5 Posted: 20:22:52 16/06/2011 | Topic Creator
i see :/
---
Team Drago
Azul10166 Green Sparx Gems: 397
#6 Posted: 01:17:58 17/06/2011
Quote: InsomDog
1. Wooden poles are obviously mightier than metal poles in the world of dragons.

2. He can't swim because he hadn't met Moneybags, who is the only guy that can teach young dragons to swim. Spyro was born with the ability to fly.

3. The older and stronger dragons lost their power, so after they were freed, they had to go home and have a rest.

See? Makes pertfect sense.

Oh. smilie I always thought something was strange about all the non logical things but now I get it.
---
Okami FTW.
Along with Spyro and some other things... smilie
Zpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#7 Posted: 11:42:48 17/06/2011
The wooden poles doesn't make much sense, but everything else does.

There are plenty of flying birds that aren't very good at all at swimming.
Also, the older dragons would have to go into hiding, otherwise Gnasty Gnorc could just freeze them again.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#8 Posted: 17:41:36 17/06/2011
.... Or Gnasty Gnorc could freeze Spyro...
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#9 Posted: 20:17:45 17/06/2011
But Spyro is too short to be frozen from a distance. He "flies under the radar."
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#10 Posted: 20:42:57 17/06/2011
Yet another logic...
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Paplok Yellow Sparx Gems: 1754
#11 Posted: 08:10:50 18/06/2011
^ But actually it makes sense. You don't know how do spells in Spyro's world work, some of them can release a wave about meter above the ground, so Spyro stayed out of range. Logical enough for me.
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#12 Posted: 15:48:57 18/06/2011
It's dangerous to mix Spyro with logic... smilie
#13 Posted: 19:53:01 24/06/2011 | Topic Creator
gee, so much makes sence.
---
Team Drago
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#14 Posted: 22:49:33 24/06/2011
Quote: Zpyro
But Spyro is too short to be frozen from a distance. He "flies under the radar."

^I lol'ed at this. This could be true. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:57 24/06/2011 by Spyro-Gamer
#15 Posted: 12:17:53 25/06/2011
I've always heard that's why he was the only one not frozen in the intro.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#16 Posted: 23:52:37 25/06/2011
He was also smaller so he ducked and did not get hit. And Gnasty Gnorc has bad aiming.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#17 Posted: 05:55:56 26/06/2011
or he couldent be seen from abouve to well; and well he couldnt hide because ther are som dragons inside things/under things' for example, the first dragon in Peace Keepers, or in the portal on the hill with the norcs infront(Artisans) there is a dragon in a circuler room/with roof
most likly he couldnt be seen from afar
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Nexxis Red Sparx Gems: 11
#18 Posted: 22:00:30 05/02/2012
After watching some recent videos, I found a bit of funny logic. Spyro has to save dragon eggs, but all the dragons he frees are male. so where do the eggs come from?
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#19 Posted: 22:09:48 05/02/2012
There's actually a few things in the first 3 Spyro games that don't make sense.

The only possibility I have for the eggs is there were fairies who gave them the eggs or maybe they were laid somewhere else, but the females moved away?
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:41:25 05/02/2012 by LevanJess
#20 Posted: 23:29:59 05/02/2012
Quote: LevanJess
Mixing Spyro with logic is like mixing Spongebob with logic

Seriously speaking, there actually is a few things in the first 3 Spyro games that don't make sense.

The only possibility I have for the eggs is there were fairys who gave them the eggs or maybe they were laid somewhere else, but the females moved away?

I wouldn't leave that image on there if I were you, at least blank out the inappropriate word.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:56 06/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#21 Posted: 23:40:37 05/02/2012
Awww. Fine then.
Can you remove it from your quote then?
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:23:19 06/02/2012 by LevanJess
Azrael Red Sparx Gems: 37
#22 Posted: 23:52:18 05/02/2012
Quote: LevanJess
There's actually a few things in the first 3 Spyro games that don't make sense.

The only possibility I have for the eggs is there were fairies who gave them the eggs or maybe they were laid somewhere else, but the females moved away?

This has always confused me. Not a single female in the dragon realm. My only conclusion is they're kept seperate but for what reasons? The only other reason is maybe Insomniac got lazy. There was very few girls in the series to begin with.

There are a heck of a lot things that don't make sense in these games. Honestly some of it adds charm while other things just make you sit there in frustration as you try to figure it out. Not that I expect my games to have logic but it does make me wonder a lot.
#23 Posted: 00:00:11 06/02/2012
It's sad how there's so few females in the series ;-;
There's not much of a reason for the females to be separated from the males, Insomniac probably just got lazy, as you said.

Agreed. That kind of stuff happens in a lot of games (heck, LoS it happens too)
---
but i love it all smooth
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#24 Posted: 17:17:21 06/02/2012
Rule 1) Never try to add logic into video games - it will ruin the series forever
Rule 2) Video Game logic isn't supposed to make sense.
Rule 3) Heck, if you think this is bad, just look at Nintendo Logic
---
Bring the Fanta
#25 Posted: 17:23:09 06/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
Rule 1) Never try to add logic into video games - it will ruin the series forever
Rule 2) Video Game logic isn't supposed to make sense.
Rule 3) Heck, if you think this is bad, just look at Nintendo Logic

@ rule 1: Agreed, but it is quite fun to make fun of a game in this way.
@ rule 2: Yup, it's just a game at the end of the day.
@ rule 3: No thanks, I've never really liked Nintendo that much. Their games mean nothing to me really.
---
#26 Posted: 22:11:04 12/02/2012
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Obviously a game with a talking purlple dragon will lack logic.

No, I've got a talking purple dragon right next to me. He says "Hi". smilie And purlple? Don't you mean purple. smilie
---
#27 Posted: 22:31:46 12/02/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Obviously a game with a talking purlple dragon will lack logic.

No, I've got a talking purple dragon right next to me. He says "Hi". smilie And purlple? Don't you mean purple. smilie

My bad. lol

Aww, why did you have to edit it for? Where's the fun in that?
---
#28 Posted: 22:42:30 12/02/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Aww, why did you have to edit it for? Where's the fun in that?

Because.

Wonderful, that is an amazing reason.
---
IF Green Sparx Gems: 488
#29 Posted: 21:28:37 14/02/2012
Hitting an enemie's head somehow hurts it in the sonic franchise.
Why should spyro be any different
#30 Posted: 11:23:16 15/02/2012
It's just a game, a bit of entertainment which is not meant to be taken seriously.
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#31 Posted: 01:06:35 19/02/2012
That's right, the videogames must be filled with fun and if possible with some funny stuff, not serious and logic things because it will be boring (Some of them...) and Anyone wahnts to play something boring. I love Spyro franchise because is very funny and I really want to see that things in real life, but that is almost Impossible to do that in real life because it doesn't have "Logic" >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#32 Posted: 19:49:19 19/02/2012
Quote: Nexxis
After watching some recent videos, I found a bit of funny logic. Spyro has to save dragon eggs, but all the dragons he frees are male. so where do the eggs come from?

Actually, not all the baby dragons are male. Some of them are female like Roxy and Isabelle (the first baby dragon to find in Sunrise Spring).
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
Feral_Miskunn Blue Sparx Gems: 976
#33 Posted: 18:26:48 28/02/2012
Answering a previous question about eggs.
We all know that the stalks bring expectant mothers babies, its no different for dragons...
All the lady dragons are off crying somewhere about the fact the newly delivere eggs have been stolen and that their husbands have been frozen in kryptonite!
A-hem I mean trapped in crystal...
They were just about to storm in and kick Gnasty Gnorcs butt but then spyro starts doing all the work and they're too busy reorganising everything what with lost husbands coming home and undelivered egg complaints to write....
---
Faith Hope Love and the greatest of these is Love
Gemma Green Sparx Gems: 123
#34 Posted: 23:39:25 05/03/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

Actually, not all the baby dragons are male. Some of them are female like Roxy and Isabelle (the first baby dragon to find in Sunrise Spring).

Some of the baby dragons from the third game are female, but none of the adult dragons in the first game are.

I've found that a lack of logic gives a lot of games their charm. Especially oldschool platformers.

In the old games, Spyro's entire life depends on Sparx. Spyro has all these crazy attacks and can take down enemies really easily, but if Sparx isn't with him then he'll get knocked out the second a monster touches him.

So naturally, when Spyro is swimming underwater, he doesn't have an air bubble. Sparx does though. He's the one that keeps Spyro alive after all, so he's the only one that needs air! I can't really explain why Spyro doesn't have an air bubble when Sparx isn't there though. Except for the animators not feeling like giving him one. smilie
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Spyro's Universe Name: Crystal Waterfalls
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6563
#35 Posted: 03:31:19 06/03/2012
He knows that, to explain things better, that's the magic of Spyro universe.
You never know what will happen later.
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#36 Posted: 01:10:42 12/03/2012
Quote: Feral_Miskunn
Answering a previous question about eggs.
We all know that the stalks bring expectant mothers babies, its no different for dragons...
All the lady dragons are off crying somewhere about the fact the newly delivere eggs have been stolen and that their husbands have been frozen in kryptonite!
A-hem I mean trapped in crystal...
They were just about to storm in and kick Gnasty Gnorcs butt but then spyro starts doing all the work and they're too busy reorganising everything what with lost husbands coming home and undelivered egg complaints to write....

I mostly agree with that. Except the thing about storks. I've never belived in storks. But that makes sense. The moms are upset about thier husbands and eggs, and so they're hiding and crying, and then trying to clean up the whole mess.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
Flashwing Yellow Sparx Gems: 1411
#37 Posted: 20:13:23 20/01/2013
Quote: Gemma
Quote: Mariofanstar

Some of the baby dragons from the third game are female, but none of the adult dragons in the first game are.

I've found that a lack of logic gives a lot of games their charm. Especially oldschool platformers.

In the old games, Spyro's entire life depends on Sparx. Spyro has all these crazy attacks and can take down enemies really easily, but if Sparx isn't with him then he'll get knocked out the second a monster touches him.

So naturally, when Spyro is swimming underwater, he doesn't have an air bubble. Sparx does though. He's the one that keeps Spyro alive after all, so he's the only one that needs air! I can't really explain why Spyro doesn't have an air bubble when Sparx isn't there though. Except for the animators not feeling like giving him one. smilie

I know why Spyro doesn't have an air bubble! Dragons have a special set of gills under their horns. They allow the dragons to breath underwater and stuff. Also, dragons bodies are filled with huge amounts of oxygen. That's what makes their breath all fiery :3
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#38 Posted: 21:51:06 21/01/2013
Videogame logic: Spyro...eh cant think of anything funny.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me