First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Okay, it's getting old. [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#251 Posted: 19:19:14 17/07/2011
It starts to go downhill when they're fighting the Destroyer and it hit rock bottom in the Burned Lands for me. After that it just felt like all the fun and happiness had been sucked out of the game and it never had a chance to recover, right down to Spyro and Cynder dying at the end (blah blah, I already know most of you think they lived and why; I don't think they did and you aren't going to change my mind).
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#252 Posted: 19:31:12 17/07/2011
Yeah, It did get kinda depressing.

Okay, I'm not trying to change your mind,
But didn't the chronicler say they lived in the after-credits cutscene?
This

#253 Posted: 20:42:02 17/07/2011
Spyro's not in the book of death, but he's not in the book of life, either. I think he and Cynder are caught somewhere in between and will be guardians of the new world until it fades away, young and innocent until that time. No growing up, no kids, no more adventures. The end. That was my interpretation from the end of DotD onward and nothing's changed it since.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#254 Posted: 20:44:24 17/07/2011
Was there any Book of Life?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#255 Posted: 20:48:23 17/07/2011
Probably? smilie It never said, but Ignitus seemed to suggest that he'd looked in a lot of books to find Spyro with no luck and this game is so cliched that one can easily assume there's a counterpart to the book of death.
#256 Posted: 21:50:59 17/07/2011
I thought he meant he didn't see him just in the book of death.
Kittykat33 Green Sparx Gems: 103
#257 Posted: 13:02:21 19/07/2011
I think he was still alive, just missing. No one knows what happened to him. That is why it is called a mystery.
---
What do you call a dog with no legs? Doesn't matter what you call him, he isn't going to come.
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#258 Posted: 17:01:30 19/07/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kittykat33
I think he was still alive, just missing. No one knows what happened to him. That is why it is called a mystery.

Another great hole to be filled by fan fictions. I've got my theories... smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#259 Posted: 01:32:06 20/07/2011
I just read a Nintendo Power preview of the Wii version. Sounds like it'll be a good game, different than other Spyro games, but a nice balance of platforming, exploration, and adventuring. I'm not going to throw money into buying the action figures when I could save that money for buying other games. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#260 Posted: 02:53:46 20/07/2011
Oh yeah, there is a topic we've wandered away from here... smilie

I have no intention to buy all of the toys, but there are several that don't come with the starter pack that I'll definitely be getting, and $7 is cheaper than most toys these days, so it sounds reasonable to me.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#261 Posted: 03:19:49 20/07/2011
I saw that preview as well. They didn't say anything that I didn't already know.

And I won't fork over money for all of the toys either. I'd probably stop after a simple 3-pack.
#262 Posted: 03:25:54 20/07/2011
I know I'll be buying Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, and most of the other dragons separately, at least. At least Spyro and Trigger Happy are automatically with the console versions. smilie
#263 Posted: 14:43:53 21/07/2011
I think the game will be good.
---
What do you call a dog with no legs? Doesn't matter what you call him, he isn't going to come.
#264 Posted: 19:03:39 21/07/2011
Quote: Razz
I think he and Cynder are caught somewhere in between.

Stuck in Limbo? *shot*

(I needed to make that reference eventually....)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#265 Posted: 19:43:08 21/07/2011
Quote: CAV

Stuck in Limbo? *shot*

For all we know it COULD be some warped draconic version of Limbo. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#266 Posted: 02:43:41 22/07/2011
No they are not dead, If you even bothered to look in the background of them flying around you will see the moons...THE SAME MOONS ON AVALAR.

So we can go with*

1.Limbo in the present world but unable to contact or touch those *like hunter, sparx etc*

2.They decided to screw it with destiny and just live life

3.Take a break

4.Slam in the meadows

5. Somewhere else on the freaking planet
#267 Posted: 02:45:28 22/07/2011
Quote: Jackson117
No they are not dead, If you even bothered to look in the background of them flying around you will see the moons...THE SAME MOONS ON AVALAR.

So we can go with*

1.Limbo in the present world but unable to contact or touch those *like hunter, sparx etc*

2.They decided to screw it with destiny and just live life

3.Take a break

4.Slam in the meadows

5. Somewhere else on the freaking planet

Probably 3, 4 and then 5.

I refuse to go into details.
#268 Posted: 14:43:36 22/07/2011
Every time... And people wonder why it's so easy to snub LoS with fans like this...
#269 Posted: 15:11:26 22/07/2011
It looked like the Valley of Avalar or whatever it is called to me. Hmm. Perhaps they would met up with Sparx and Hunter later, if they continued it. Oh, well.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#270 Posted: 15:26:55 22/07/2011
It's all up to Spyro himself really, He probably return to let everyone know they are alive blah blah blah blah, before returning back to the swamps to mamma and pappa. From there it's pretty much Speculation but really the first thing any sane person would do is least give a sign.

Cynder would just follow him regardless.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:02 22/07/2011 by Jackson117
#271 Posted: 20:04:52 22/07/2011
Quote: HIR
Quote: CAV

Stuck in Limbo? *shot*

For all we know it COULD be some warped draconic version of Limbo. <.<

I'd laugh.
#272 Posted: 20:08:44 22/07/2011
That would make a great indie game.
#273 Posted: 23:33:02 23/07/2011
And here are some of the infamous quotes of the raging fanbase that we've all heard before:

"This isn't the Spyro I grew up with!"

"**** you, Activision, for ruining my childhood!"

"Rest in peace, Spyro (1998 - 2000)! The last good Spyro games!"

"This game will fail!"

"This isn't MY Spyro!"

"Fans who like this game are ********! They've never played the original Spyro games!"

"You made a fool of yourself defending a game you've never played. Seriously, it saddens me to see what they're doing to Spyro, turning him into neopets. ugh. this isn't even a Spyro game. It's just a game with Spyro in it."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:18 24/07/2011 by Aura24
#274 Posted: 00:20:14 24/07/2011
Oh how I hate the closed-mindedness of some of the fans.
PikaSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 250
#275 Posted: 01:01:59 24/07/2011
^Agreed. They just have to learn to accept the game. If they can't, then pretend it doesn't exist and move on. Simple as that.
---
Read my GB.
#276 Posted: 02:45:36 24/07/2011
Yep...
#277 Posted: 02:52:35 24/07/2011
And their hypocrism knows no boundaries.
---
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#278 Posted: 03:01:01 24/07/2011
Watch, the game will kick a** in sales and then they start joining the other side without even defending their conclusion as to why it sucks anyways.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
#279 Posted: 03:01:47 24/07/2011
I find it hard to hate something you haven't tried, yet some are able to do so.
#280 Posted: 04:24:34 24/07/2011
And here's one example of an ignorant Classic Spyro fanatic who had the nerve to send me a hate pm on me liking Skylanders. Just thought I showed you guys his responses:

"I have no idea why you are defending this game with your life. you can ***** and moan all you want, but the fact remains, that they are besmirching a classic gaming pioneer and dragging his name and reputation through the mud. You can say all you want otherwise, but these are the facts, plain and simple."

"Of course you don't wan't to hear this, because you know it's true, the fanbase is right. Oh, but it's ok for your whiny *** to ***** and moan at me? you're pathetic. this is not Spyro"

So full of themselves, some classic-nostalgia obsessed fans, thinking they know everything... smilie
---
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#281 Posted: 04:39:10 24/07/2011
The guys gotta grow up... it's pixels for gosh sakes. Go play your Modern Warfare and sit in the corner.

I'm buying it, so sue me if I like the game and "goblin" spyro.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
Cyndark Blue Sparx Gems: 612
#282 Posted: 05:27:03 24/07/2011
The people that played Spyro from the begining should be old enough now to except the game for what it is with out making a huge fuss and not swear at who like smilie

As for saying He lived 1998-2000 they were only 3 games in the whole serise of 8 games
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#283 Posted: 06:53:29 24/07/2011
Quote: Aura24
And here's one example of an ignorant Classic Spyro fanatic who had the nerve to send me a hate pm on me liking Skylanders. Just thought I showed you guys his responses:

"I have no idea why you are defending this game with your life. you can ***** and moan all you want, but the fact remains, that they are besmirching a classic gaming pioneer and dragging his name and reputation through the mud. You can say all you want otherwise, but these are the facts, plain and simple."

"Of course you don't wan't to hear this, because you know it's true, the fanbase is right. Oh, but it's ok for your whiny *** to ***** and moan at me? you're pathetic. this is not Spyro"

So full of themselves, some classic-nostalgia obsessed fans, thinking they know everything... smilie

By complaining about them, and paying attention to them, makes you sound just as bad as they are. I personally just ignore them and don't bother saying anything about it to anyone. It just sounds to me as if you're moaning about one thing, like they are moaning about another, lol. That's my opinion anyway.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:53:50 24/07/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#284 Posted: 07:00:15 24/07/2011
I wasn't moaning at anything when that guy messaged me that first comment out of nowhere, Super. I blocked the guy after he sent that second message hen I told him that I didn't want to hear his nonsense, since I really don't care what he said when I noticed that, in his second response, he was just another Classic-obsessed fan who thinks Spyro is more than just a pixelated character.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 07:55:01 24/07/2011 by Aura24
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#285 Posted: 07:40:26 24/07/2011
I've noticed quite a bit of bashing from both sides in this thread...
If someone likes or doesn't like something, that's their opinion. It's impossible to make something that everyone will like, that's just how life works.
Getting riled up and responding negatively won't accomplish anything but stir up more drama. Some people seek attention this attention and thrive on it by purposely rustling everyone's jimmies (I love that phrase). Sometimes it's best to just leave things be.

I'm looking forward to the game, it doesn't bother me at all that people might hate it. But that's just my opinion...
---
#all Spyros are valid
#286 Posted: 11:39:44 24/07/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

By complaining about them, and paying attention to them, makes you sound just as bad as they are. I personally just ignore them and don't bother saying anything about it to anyone. It just sounds to me as if you're moaning about one thing, like they are moaning about another, lol. That's my opinion anyway.

I agree. The haters still bother me, but what I do is ignore them and not get involved in any drama. I always hate getting into situations like this and everytime there's some more drama stirring up, I completely avoid it at all costs.

Always bringing something like this up doesn't make you any better than them, Aura.
---
Read my GB.
#287 Posted: 16:25:32 24/07/2011

This is why I don't block people.

So I don't have to get any sort of messages like this.
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#288 Posted: 16:48:40 24/07/2011

^this
#289 Posted: 16:51:59 24/07/2011
Quote: PikaSpyro

I agree. The haters still bother me, but what I do is ignore them and not get involved in any drama. I always hate getting into situations like this and everytime there's some more drama stirring up, I completely avoid it at all costs.

Always bringing something like this up doesn't make you any better than them, Aura.

Hey I just wanted to show you guys this as an example for this topic. It wasn't like I was basically saying 'Hey, this guy gave me trouble! Want to help me drive him off' kind of thing. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:58:18 24/07/2011 by Aura24
#290 Posted: 17:17:53 24/07/2011
How can she even ask us to drive them off when she doesn't give the username?
#291 Posted: 17:21:20 24/07/2011
And I blocked the user right after he gave me that second response, I just thought I'd show you guys another example of the fanbase for this topic.
---
#292 Posted: 17:26:35 24/07/2011
But responses like what you showed us is the reason I don't block people. It only gives them more reason to insult you, thinking you can't handle their opinions, but yet you expect them to handle your's.
#293 Posted: 17:33:00 24/07/2011
Fine, fine, I get it...
---
#294 Posted: 20:21:21 24/07/2011
Quote: PikaSpyro

Hey I just wanted to show you guys this as an example for this topic. It wasn't like I was basically saying 'Hey, this guy gave me trouble! Want to help me drive him off' kind of thing. smilie

lol, I expect you to reply to my comment. You sure love to reply to some people's comments on here, do you? smilie

Seriously, if you keep doing this, you'll be even worse as them. Trust me, I've been in this kind of situation before. After awhile, I just learned to ignore these kind of things. No wonder most people on here get annoyed by you. You think this is a huge crisis and your goal is to make everyone like Skylanders. Aura, there's always gonna be haters. Sure most of them are immature, but they'll grow out of this, but even if they do, they'll still hate this game, but hopefully, they'll give a good reason for it.

You just have to learn to accept things like this. Also, it kinda sounds like you want us to take action and deal with those haters. Are you making us your white knights or something?
---
Read my GB.
#295 Posted: 20:33:37 24/07/2011
No, it's not like that at all, Pika. Did I say that I wanted you guys to help out with the haters in my recent comments? No, I didn't say anything nor mention any of the sort. I know that there will always be haters, I know that they're everywhere. And I know that we can't do anything about them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:01 24/07/2011 by Aura24
Levi Ripto Gems: 1136
#296 Posted: 20:39:02 24/07/2011
No, it's not like that at all, Pika. Did I say that I wanted you guys to help out with the haters in my recent comments? No, I didn't say anything nor mention any of the sort. I know that there will always be haters, I know that they're everywhere. And I know that we can't do anything about them.

^This.
haters gonna hate.
just ignore them to the best of your ability.
#297 Posted: 20:47:59 24/07/2011
If Aura was asking us to help them, she would've listed their usernames.

She didn't do that, now did she?
#298 Posted: 20:59:58 24/07/2011
I thought I made a clear comment earlier that I wasn't trying to get you guys to help me out with the haters or anything like that. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:07 24/07/2011 by Aura24
#299 Posted: 21:23:42 24/07/2011

Fine, whatever. <.<;
---
Read my GB.
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#300 Posted: 21:28:34 24/07/2011 | Topic Creator
Can we not personally accost each other, please? That for sure is not what this topic was about.
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
First | Previous | Page 6 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me