First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Okay, it's getting old. [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#151 Posted: 17:32:43 10/07/2011
Yet, most fans are already saying that Skylanders will 'fail' when it's released and they're positive that it will indeed suck based on what they dislike about the game, posting around on other Skylander video and forums, making their words sound like their facts. Of course most of those fans are nostalgia Classic fans who don't like Spyro games that were made past the original three.

I can't wait to see the reactions of those fans if the game turned out to be good, received positive reception and got a score higher than 8.0; they'll be trying to take back everything on what they said about the game 'sucking' and all.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:45 10/07/2011 by Aura24
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#152 Posted: 18:33:15 10/07/2011
Quote: Aura24
Yet, most fans are already saying that Skylanders will 'fail' when it's released and they're positive that it will indeed suck based on what they dislike about the game, posting around on other Skylander video and forums, making their words sound like their facts. Of course most of those fans are nostalgia Classic fans who don't like Spyro games that were made past the original three.

I can't wait to see the reactions of those fans if the game turned out to be good, received positive reception and got a score higher than 8.0; they'll be trying to take back everything on what they said about the game 'sucking' and all.

@ Bold: There's nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong with having an opinion of what you like and don't like, and why would you want revenge on people for not really liking a game, that just shows you're taking it too personally once again.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#153 Posted: 21:32:08 10/07/2011
If the game did succeed with all the negative reception from the majority of the older Spyro fanbase, what do you think the fans, who has been shoving their words around that the game will suck in other people's faces, will react? It would be kinda funny to see their reaction to that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:29 10/07/2011 by Aura24
#154 Posted: 21:55:49 10/07/2011
If the game did succeed with all the negative reception from the majority of the older Spyro fanbase, what do you think the fans, who has been shoving their words around that the game will suck in other people's faces, will react? It would be kinda funny to see their reaction to that.

Those type of fans need to get a life seriously, but for the ones who are not complaining, then they should like and play whatever the heck they want to play of the series. No point in playing a game that you find to be impossible to enjoy.
---
#155 Posted: 23:08:23 10/07/2011
They've been complaining about Spyro for 11 years since Insomniac stopped making the games. I'm surprised they're still clinging onto the franchise all these years and haven't moved on.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#156 Posted: 23:18:27 10/07/2011
Aura, there will be haters. People are aloud to hate the game, you know. Not everyone will love it. You're acting like no one is aloud to hate it.

I find it funny how it's the original fans who are getting all the blame. I've seen TLOS fans dis this game too, yet no one seems to pay attention to them.

Also, what's the point in telling darkSpyro all the news? You seem to just tell everyone on DS every time you spot someone who doesn't like a the new Spyro game. DS isn't a gossip forum where you can tell everyone your troubles, you know.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:24:40 10/07/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#157 Posted: 23:19:36 10/07/2011
Didn't you say the same exact thing a few pages ago on this topic?
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#158 Posted: 23:20:10 10/07/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543

I find it funny how it's the original fans who are getting all the blame. I've seen TLOS fans dis this game too, yet no one seems to pay attention to them.

Actually, I point those guys out. They're the people that complain about not continuing LoS, or not putting Cynder in the game.
#159 Posted: 23:23:13 10/07/2011
Didn't you say the same exact thing a few pages ago on this topic?

Not exactly the same.

But seriously, every game has it's haters. Sure, this game has more hate, but the hate will die down the the fans flood everything.

Which may not be a good thing....
---
#160 Posted: 23:28:02 10/07/2011
Also, what's the point in telling darkSpyro all the news? You seem to just tell everyone on DS every time you spot someone who doesn't like a the new Spyro game. DS isn't a gossip forum where you can tell everyone your troubles, you know.

Please, DarkCynder, if I was to tell everyone every time I spot a fan who doesn't like Skylanders, I would've been posting a whole lot on this topic about different users who hate the game everytime I see them post. I am aware that it isn't a gossip forum, duh. And I wasn't referring to my problems with the fans either, I was talking in general.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:55 10/07/2011 by Aura24
#161 Posted: 23:30:07 10/07/2011
Quote: CAV

Actually, I point those guys out. They're the people that complain about not continuing LoS, or not putting Cynder in the game.

IMO, they're just as bad as the original fans hating the game, and annoying.

Being an original fan myself, I can understand why the original fans don't like it. But they're acting like idiots and hypocrites over the subject. They got what they wanted, a Spyro game close to the originals instead of continuing TLOS, but they're still not satisfied with it.

People should just leave everyone alone, seriously. What is complaining about something going to do? Note that this is aimed at both, the fans and the haters.

Please, DarkCynder, if I was to tell everyone every time I spot a fan who doesn't like Skylanders, I would've been posting a whole lot on this topic about different users who hate the game everytime I see them post. I am aware that it isn't a gossip forum, duh.

I know, but it seems like you're telling DS a lot of news about the Skylanders haters. You're constantly complaining about the haters in a lot of Spyro topics. And you use to randomly talk about the haters even though it had nothing to do with the subject.

The Spyro fanbase will never be fixed. It's like the Sonic fanbase. You just need to accept it. People will hate Skylanders. People will hate TLOS. People will hate the originals. You can't fix that. Not everyone is a fan of all three games.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:48 10/07/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#162 Posted: 23:36:08 10/07/2011

Being an original fan myself, I can understand why the original fans don't like it. But they're acting like idiots and hypocrites over the subject. They got what they wanted, a Spyro game close to the originals instead of continuing TLOS, but they're still not satisfied with it.

People should just leave everyone alone, seriously. What is complaining about something going to do? Note that this is aimed at both, the fans and the haters.

Please, DarkCynder, if I was to tell everyone every time I spot a fan who doesn't like Skylanders, I would've been posting a whole lot on this topic about different users who hate the game everytime I see them post. I am aware that it isn't a gossip forum, duh.

I know, but it seems like you're telling DS a lot of news about the Skylanders haters. You're constantly complaining about the haters in a lot of Spyro topics. And you use to randomly talk about the haters even though it had nothing to do with the subject.

The Spyro fanbase will never be fixed. It's like the Sonic fanbase. You just need to accept it. People will hate Skylanders. People will hate TLOS. People will hate the originals. You can't fix that. Not everyone is a fan of all three games.

I know I can't fix it. But there will be fans complaining about haters, and haters complaining about fans. It's the internet.
---
#163 Posted: 23:39:51 10/07/2011

Which may not be a good thing....

It won't. Little kids.

They are, but at the same time, the design excuse is a worse reason to hate the game, and that seems to be coming from Classic fans more than LoS fans.

Personally, I call out bull**** when I see it. I've done it on several other sites, I'll do it on this one, and I'll continue to do it on several more.
#164 Posted: 23:48:02 10/07/2011
I know. The design excuse is just behond stupidity. But TLOS has lame excuses too, such as 'BAWWW CYNDER ISN'T IN THIS GAME!!!111'. Of course she won't be in this game. Why would she? She's a TLOS Spyro character. Just like how Elora is a Classic Spyro character. If Sparx won't be in this game, then there is no chance that Cynder will be.

Then expect fighting and complaining then. What is 'calling out bull****' going to do? Nothing, it just makes the haters become even more buthurt hypocrites. Aura has tried this many times and failed. I simply prefer to stay quiet and let the whiny fans complain all they wan't. They will soon learn one day.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:49 10/07/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#165 Posted: 00:17:48 11/07/2011
They definately have some dumbass excuses, and they aren't excluded from criticism (from me at least). But the design excuse is far worse. At least there was a small bit of sense in the Cynder excuse, claiming that it could be considered a stab in the back to those whom only played LoS. But the design excuse has no validity.

From what I've learned, if you don't call out someone's bull****, they will think they're right, and will continue to get an even more inflated head. I find it worse to leave it alone, than to let their ignorance grow.

Plus, pointing out hypocrisy helps cure boredom. *shot*
#166 Posted: 00:20:17 11/07/2011
^Yeah it is kinda entertaining. They did the same with the LoS with ANB.
---
#167 Posted: 01:23:38 11/07/2011
I do love pointing faults out in their posts. I find it entertaining to see their reaction. But that's as far as I will go, to be honest.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:03 11/07/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#168 Posted: 05:51:28 11/07/2011

Please, DarkCynder, if I was to tell everyone every time I spot a fan who doesn't like Skylanders, I would've been posting a whole lot on this topic about different users who hate the game everytime I see them post. I am aware that it isn't a gossip forum, duh. And I wasn't referring to my problems with the fans either, I was talking in general.

Geez, talk about being big headed to someone. You also make it seem that whining fans are your problem and that you have some kind of addiction to try and solve it, the same goes for CAV, you two seem to be obsessed in whinning back to them which in the end makes you just as bad as they are really. I'm suprised you don't get fed up of saying the same thing to them, you'll probably say you do, so in that case why bother. I just find it weird, it would be like me going to supermarket and asking the manager to low their prices of items everyday, and nothing will become of it, yet I will still carry on and do that each day. And CAV, saying that you're always going to do this all the time and tell them they are in the wrong is kind of childish, also shouting out "bull****" is even worse, I thought you were better than that. That definately makes you as bad as them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:54:42 11/07/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#169 Posted: 06:12:02 11/07/2011
If I was addicted, Super, I would've been posting a topic about it by now, don't you think? And aren't you forgetting that the repeating words of the whiners with their negativity on Skylanders is what this topic was about? This topic is aimed towards the constant negativity the haters are currently saying and for us to talk about it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:13:04 11/07/2011 by Aura24
#170 Posted: 06:15:48 11/07/2011
If I was addicted, Super, I would've been posting a topic about it by now, don't you think? And aren't you forgetting that the repeating words of the whiners with their negativity on Skylanders is what this topic was about? This topic is aimed towards the constant negativity the haters are currently saying and for us to talk about it.

But the way you keep on replying back to them all the time, it may aswell be a topic by now. What is there to talk about anyway, you're only saying that because you can't really back yourself up with answers, so you'd rather put me in the wrong by saying something else instead. Sorry Miss 'Know it all'.
---
#171 Posted: 06:19:06 11/07/2011
If you're that irritated with me, Super, why are you responding to my posts? I have since stopped talking to those haters since that troll attack I showed you guys and not to be bothered with the haters. Don't you get all snappy with me.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:11:18 11/07/2011 by Aura24
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#172 Posted: 11:59:55 11/07/2011
haters gonna hate.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Kittykat33 Green Sparx Gems: 103
#173 Posted: 13:47:21 11/07/2011
Gosh, there will always be haters, and always be fans. But this topic is here to discuss those haters. Yes, some haters do have reasons, but most haters I've seen (mostly on Youtube) don't have really any reasons for hating Skylanders. Some people need to grow up about this. No one is making anything better by stooping down to such a low level.
---
What do you call a dog with no legs? Doesn't matter what you call him, he isn't going to come.
#174 Posted: 18:26:54 11/07/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
And CAV, saying that you're always going to do this all the time and tell them they are in the wrong is kind of childish, also shouting out "bull****" is even worse, I thought you were better than that. That definately makes you as bad as them.

You of all people know what I do.

And last I checked, my responses aren't very childish, especially compared to their reasons.

You never really had a problem with me doing this before Skylanders. Why is it such a problem now, especially when you yourself have done it at times?
#175 Posted: 18:31:03 11/07/2011
And CAV, saying that you're always going to do this all the time and tell them they are in the wrong is kind of childish, also shouting out "bull****" is even worse, I thought you were better than that. That definately makes you as bad as them.

You of all people know what I do.

And last I checked, my responses aren't very childish, especially compared to their reasons.

You never really had a problem with me doing this before Skylanders. Why is it such a problem now, especially when you yourself have done it at times?

You just told me what you do within that post, and I think it's childish, that's my opinion of it.

I didn't say that all your responses are childish did I. But by doing the same thing over and over is though.

I don't have a problem at all, I just have a problem with people that have a go at fans stating the same thing, and it makes them as bad as they are.

I very rarely have complained about this game. I've reasonably given it good and bad points of it in previous posts on a various topic a long while back, so don't throw that one at me. I'm not as bad as the haters of this game.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 18:34:13 11/07/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#176 Posted: 18:44:29 11/07/2011

You just told me what you do within that post, and I think it's childish, that's my opinion of it.

I didn't say that all your responses are childish did I. But by doing the same thing over and over is though.

I don't have a problem at all, I just have a problem with people that have a go at fans stating the same thing, and it makes them as bad as they are.

I very rarely have complained about this game. I've reasonably given it good and bad points of it in previous posts on a various topic a long while back, so don't throw that one at me. I'm not as bad as the haters of this game.

Problem solved.

Yes, but compared to the others, it's less childish, seeing how I at least have good reasons when repeating myself. And you also already solved this problem.

I didn't mean in the sense of complaining about the game. I mean in the sense of responding to users that complain about the game, almost in the same sense as me and Aura.
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#177 Posted: 19:33:22 11/07/2011
Agreed. Once you've had your soapbox once, that's the only soapbox you get. I'll save mine if I have to when the game comes out.

IMO, the game is getting more and more exciting as more info is getting out there. The only hate I may see is when I go purchase the game I'll get a "LOL" look from the cashier when obviously everyone in the room is either buying Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3. It's happened before smilie
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
#178 Posted: 21:13:48 11/07/2011

Problem solved.

Yes, but compared to the others, it's less childish, seeing how I at least have good reasons when repeating myself. And you also already solved this problem.

I didn't mean in the sense of complaining about the game. I mean in the sense of responding to users that complain about the game, almost in the same sense as me and Aura.

In bold: That's your opinion, maybe the haters think the same way as you do, perhaps from their point of view, it is good reasoning to complain all the time, who knows with some people. Not everyone thinks alike. It's still pretty pointless if you ask me, from both sides, they won't listen to you, and I'm sure you'll be fed up of listening to them smilie Some of this fanbase truly is all over the shot.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:10 11/07/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#179 Posted: 21:34:01 11/07/2011
Same as to how it's your opinion that you find what we do childish.
#180 Posted: 21:39:29 11/07/2011

Yes, and it is very. Did you say that because you couldn't really back up your previous answer, or what?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:36 11/07/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#181 Posted: 22:06:07 11/07/2011
Hmm. . . So the endless waltz continues I see smilie .

Have you guys ever heard of the idiom:
"Live and let live"

IMO, I believe that's what SSF is trying to convey here.

However I do have to say, SSF, you seem to engage with Aura and CAV a lot about this subject. Personally through my insight they are only defending what they have faith in. . . I can't recall you using this tactic on the opposing side smilie .

Also, in FYI: I'm not chiding, just stating my observation.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#182 Posted: 22:09:30 11/07/2011

Yes, and it is very. Did you say that because you couldn't really back up your previous answer, or what?

No, because you are more or less right. It's all an opinion.
#183 Posted: 09:01:24 12/07/2011
Quote: Zackeio
Hmm. . . So the endless waltz continues I see smilie .

Have you guys ever heard of the idiom:
"Live and let live"

IMO, I believe that's what SSF is trying to convey here.

However I do have to say, SSF, you seem to engage with Aura and CAV a lot about this subject. Personally through my insight they are only defending what they have faith in. . . I can't recall you using this tactic on the opposing side smilie .

Also, in FYI: I'm not chiding, just stating my observation.

If they say have faith in a video game, and go around saying to fans who dislike it and complain about it and say "It's just a video game, get a life" Isn't that a bit hypocritical? I'm not saying they are, but if they were to do that. Just curious.
---
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#184 Posted: 13:44:30 12/07/2011
That's to the instigators from the defending party right? smilie

If so then that sounds like a ploy to ward them off by making something look inferior or not of value. I would assume the defending party is trying to convey to the attacking party that they are getting worked up about something which they (defending party) is perceiving as no big deal. It's possible to their point of view that people who don't like what they like should just move on. . . however those who actually do this purposely, aka instigators/trolls/ignorant people/knuckleheads , are, in a sense, attacking them. . . hmm, personally. Through that point of view, that's a good stand to go by to defend oneself. Is it wise to engage against these knuckleheads who feel the need to exhort their opinion to others, especially when one knows it can be drawn out to an exhausting and arguably innate quarrel?

IMO, no, why? If one has made their point loud and clear in a previous argument and the knucklehead continues to be abrasive, I say let the fool ramble on. This knucklehead is so worked up about spiting this game that I believe its obvious that he/she shows complete apathy to others opinion. As such, there is no need to exhort or express one's opinion to this person, more than likely their not going to listen anyway.

If this is to the defending party from the instigators point of view. . . then yes, I do have to agree that this is quite hypocritical, if not a double standard smilie . Again though, if one can see fallacy in ones logic or tactic I would still not engage with this person. I would see it as, this person isn't thinking straight and or could be literally looking for a fight. I personally wouldn't give them what they want.

Now, to go back earlier, if this was again the other way around the defending party said "Get a life". . . Personally, that's bad choice of words on their part. smilie

Now, yes, there are times where you do need to stand up and defend yourself. . . and all what I've said so far is just my view point on this matter. I haven't covered everything, I know there could be more that I could have said but I'll digress for now. smilie
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#185 Posted: 13:51:56 12/07/2011
I do love pointing faults out in their posts. I find it entertaining to see their reaction. But that's as far as I will go, to be honest.

Very Hypocritical...awaiting your response as we turn this into a ****storm in 3...2...1
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#186 Posted: 15:59:22 12/07/2011
Skylanders will be a great game...

...If you're 6-11 years of age. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#187 Posted: 16:57:25 12/07/2011
Quote: HIR

...If you're 6-11 years of age. >.>

I'm 14 and this looks to be decent.

I guess I'm special. smilie
#188 Posted: 17:23:21 12/07/2011
Quote: Zackeio
That's to the instigators from the defending party right? smilie

If so then that sounds like a ploy to ward them off by making something look inferior or not of value. I would assume the defending party is trying to convey to the attacking party that they are getting worked up about something which they (defending party) is perceiving as no big deal. It's possible to their point of view that people who don't like what they like should just move on. . . however those who actually do this purposely, aka instigators/trolls/ignorant people/knuckleheads , are, in a sense, attacking them. . . hmm, personally. Through that point of view, that's a good stand to go by to defend oneself. Is it wise to engage against these knuckleheads who feel the need to exhort their opinion to others, especially when one knows it can be drawn out to an exhausting and arguably innate quarrel?

IMO, no, why? If one has made their point loud and clear in a previous argument and the knucklehead continues to be abrasive, I say let the fool ramble on. This knucklehead is so worked up about spiting this game that I believe its obvious that he/she shows complete apathy to others opinion. As such, there is no need to exhort or express one's opinion to this person, more than likely their not going to listen anyway.

If this is to the defending party from the instigators point of view. . . then yes, I do have to agree that this is quite hypocritical, if not a double standard smilie . Again though, if one can see fallacy in ones logic or tactic I would still not engage with this person. I would see it as, this person isn't thinking straight and or could be literally looking for a fight. I personally wouldn't give them what they want.

Now, to go back earlier, if this was again the other way around the defending party said "Get a life". . . Personally, that's bad choice of words on their part. smilie

Now, yes, there are times where you do need to stand up and defend yourself. . . and all what I've said so far is just my view point on this matter. I haven't covered everything, I know there could be more that I could have said but I'll digress for now. smilie

Very interesting, I'll take that on board.
---
#189 Posted: 17:44:46 12/07/2011
The fact of the matter is that it's a children's game. I'm perfectly okay with Activision making a children's game because in order for a video game character to survive its fanbase needs to be updated. Most of Spyro's fans are getting up there in the age bracket which doesn't make for good ways of keeping the game series alive. So the fact that Activision is introducing Spyro to an entirely new generation of gamers could be considered a good thing. Maybe the new generation will look for older Spyro games thus giving them ways to converse with the older generation.

Now that doesn't mean one can't be disappointed that Activision is not using the Spyro that most people know and love and are instead sort of creating a spin off. I'm sure many people can be angry because after Dawn of the Disappointment they were hoping Activision could make Spyro successful again (like they do with Call of Duty and the like) and who's to say that Skylanders won't be successful in the age bracket it's intended for?

Bashing the game or trying to say that it won't fail is useless at this point. And nobody should predict what critics say or should even care. A critic's job is to point out the good and bad points (mostly bad points) of the game's production. They can't tell you how fun the game will be. Only you can be the judge of that.
---
#190 Posted: 18:20:38 12/07/2011
The fact of the matter is that it's a children's game. I'm perfectly okay with Activision making a children's game because in order for a video game character to survive its fanbase needs to be updated. Most of Spyro's fans are getting up there in the age bracket which doesn't make for good ways of keeping the game series alive. So the fact that Activision is introducing Spyro to an entirely new generation of gamers could be considered a good thing. Maybe the new generation will look for older Spyro games thus giving them ways to converse with the older generation.

Now that doesn't mean one can't be disappointed that Activision is not using the Spyro that most people know and love and are instead sort of creating a spin off. I'm sure many people can be angry because after Dawn of the Disappointment they were hoping Activision could make Spyro successful again (like they do with Call of Duty and the like) and who's to say that Skylanders won't be successful in the age bracket it's intended for?

Bashing the game or trying to say that it won't fail is useless at this point. And nobody should predict what critics say or should even care. A critic's job is to point out the good and bad points (mostly bad points) of the game's production. They can't tell you how fun the game will be. Only you can be the judge of that.

What gets me is that this direction is not being applied to such franchises like Ratchet, or Sly, and they are generally kids video games anyway, and they don't need to aim it at a real young audience for it to survive, now it has made me realise that Activision could not be bothered to try and improve either the original or LoS.
---
#191 Posted: 19:34:20 12/07/2011

What gets me is that this direction is not being applied to such franchises like Ratchet, or Sly, and they are generally kids video games anyway, and they don't need to aim it at a real young audience for it to survive, now it has made me realise that Activision could not be bothered to try and improve either the original or LoS.

I wouldn't exactly call Ratchet a kids video game. The heavy emphasis on weaponry and the inclusion of some "T-rated themes" kinda aims the series toward adolescents who probably played games like Spyro at a younger age but, like Insomniac, outgrew the games and moved on. >.>
---
#192 Posted: 20:39:02 12/07/2011

I wouldn't exactly call Ratchet a kids video game. The heavy emphasis on weaponry and the inclusion of some "T-rated themes" kinda aims the series toward adolescents who probably played games like Spyro at a younger age but, like Insomniac, outgrew the games and moved on. >.>

I think Ratchet is a kids' video game. It can be played by everyone, just like Spyro, so it doesn't make much difference to me.
---
#193 Posted: 23:28:54 12/07/2011
I'm sure many people can be angry because after Dawn of the Disappointment they were hoping Activision could make Spyro successful again (like they do with Call of Duty and the like) and who's to say that Skylanders won't be successful in the age bracket it's intended for?

I can easily tell you that a large amount of the fanbase don't want that to happen.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#194 Posted: 03:58:51 13/07/2011

Fairy Tales are aimed for kids....Does that mean everyone thinks it's childish when in reality Red riding hood was a symbol of Virgins and Sexual Predators
#195 Posted: 06:12:46 13/07/2011
Insomniac, outgrew the games? Lol. I don't believe that at all, I just think that they're contract ran out and had to move onto something else, I honestly think that they made up excuses so it does not make them look bad, I mean come on, it's business afterall, they don't exactly tell the truth all the time.
---
#196 Posted: 13:48:22 13/07/2011
^It's not that their contract ran out. They simply ran out of ideas.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#197 Posted: 14:49:34 13/07/2011
No, they did in fact have another idea for a fourth Spyro game. It really is that their contract with Sony ran out and they didn't care enough to renew it. At the time, they were already heavily involved in what would become Ratchet and Clank. If you watch or read any interview with anyone from the company at the time, they all express a general desire to move beyond Spyro.
#198 Posted: 15:11:49 13/07/2011
Quote: Razz
No, they did in fact have another idea for a fourth Spyro game. It really is that their contract with Sony ran out and they didn't care enough to renew it. At the time, they were already heavily involved in what would become Ratchet and Clank. If you watch or read any interview with anyone from the company at the time, they all express a general desire to move beyond Spyro.

Thank you for backing up my point.
---
#199 Posted: 15:27:07 13/07/2011
Shows how much I know.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#200 Posted: 15:40:47 13/07/2011
It doesn't really back up your point Super. Professionals and companies don't do the things you suggest Insomniac did. They had outgrown Spyro, which is why they were doing Ratchet instead of pursuing a contract extension. I've talked with some of these people personally and, while they enjoyed working on Spyro, they almost always cite the Ratchet series as their favorite project.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me