Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Okay, it's getting old. [CLOSED]
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#1 Posted: 20:17:25 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Why do so many people HATE this game so much, and before it's even out, no less! I just looked at the new videos and nearly every comment below them says something negative about how their childhood is ruined and how Activision needs to crawl in a hole and die. I'll tell you what Activision might actually do... they'll see all the bad reception their game is getting, and then they'll decide that not enough people will buy it and then it will take the same path as the Spyro movie and be cancelled. And then there will be no new Spyro game in the first place. Why can't they just get excited that something cool is being tried, and that Spyro is a part of it? And then later, when the game is out and being played, they can judge it! I hope the game creators don't pay TOO much attention to premature complainers...
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 20:19:49 03/06/2011
Don't worry, Sequoia, Activision won't cancel Skylanders all because of part of the Spyro fanbase is threatening them over a video game. Those fantards aren't the target audience.

The devs at Toys for Bob weren't too disheartened by all the negative comments since they're paying more attention to the young children that are the target audience for the game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:30:18 03/06/2011 by Aura24
#3 Posted: 20:25:22 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
I hope you're right. I'll probably play it myself, and I'm past high school smilie. I've been waiting for what seems like a very long time for a new video game that was colorful and inventive and creature-based (and NOT a first-person shooter smilie).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:57 03/06/2011 by SequoiaDragon
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4 Posted: 20:26:08 03/06/2011
I don't want it. Looks bad. But I'm not going to annoy anyone who wants it, we all have our opinions.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#5 Posted: 20:30:50 03/06/2011
Quote: SequoiaDragon
I hope you're right. I'll probably play it myself, and I'm past high school smilie. I've been waiting for what seems like a very long time for a new video game that was colorful and inventive and creature-based (and NOT a first-person shooter smilie).

I know Activision won't cancel the game all because of the raging fantards who think that their opinions will make a difference by continually whining like babies.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:57 03/06/2011 by Aura24
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6 Posted: 21:12:53 03/06/2011
Besides, the game is too far into development to cancel. Money would be wasted.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:13:03 03/06/2011 by CAV
#7 Posted: 21:13:40 03/06/2011
And also the fact that's nearly completed.
---
#8 Posted: 21:14:26 03/06/2011
I think you got ninja'd, Aura. X3
#9 Posted: 23:53:46 03/06/2011
And poor IGN is being bashed by those Skylander haters too, when IGN has no connection with the game whatsoever.
---
#10 Posted: 23:56:02 03/06/2011
I feel bad for those guys.
#11 Posted: 00:07:38 04/06/2011
They don't deserve that kind of feedback..
---
#12 Posted: 00:13:41 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
I still don't understand how you can so utterly DESPISE something you haven't even really seen yet. Sure, you can feel unsure about it, but that doesn't have to mean you HATE it. Even if Spyro is different and even if he wasn't supposed to BE Spyro in the first place, he would still be a dragon-like character. And quite personally, I've been waiting for a critter game for a while... especially a WINGED critter game. smilie
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#13 Posted: 00:34:52 04/06/2011
I feel the same way... Everybody judged this game now, and I admit I did at first, but I kept that to myself, not going around saying "THIS GAME IS SO GONNA TURN OUT BAD!!!!!!!!!" because I have no idea if it will or not because simply I haven't played it yet and nor has anyone else. I think it's wrong going around saying that this game will be bad, or saying it will be good for that matter too. People aren't blaming those people because they're being overlooked, but there are the odd people who are getting really angry because lots of people are saying this game will be bad when they're just as bad as them.

But personally, I'm quite looking forward to this game, it looks great to me at the moment and I like some of the new characters too.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#14 Posted: 02:55:01 04/06/2011
The haters feel like their childhood has been destroyed. Although yes this new game featuring Spyro does not look anything like the its predecessor, it would be wise, if not logical to judge a game once one has solidified convincing evidence to represent their stand. . . if that was too rich for ya - it would be better if they actually played the game first before acting like the world is going to end.

I'll admit. . . with little substance they showed us in the beginning of the year I was skeptical if not wary of this game. However the recent videos sparked something. . . visceral in me. I don't know why but the trailers for Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy, left a. . . optimistic feeling in my gut.

Who knows. . . perhaps its the leftovers of seeing the new StarCraft II game HotS (Heart of the Swarm) or maybe it's starting to grow on me. *shrug*
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#15 Posted: 03:03:49 04/06/2011
While I'm not looking forward to this game and expect it to be around as bad as DotD, a lot of people are blowing it out of proportion.

However, it's Spyro. It's the internet. Did you expect a big party with cookies and cake?
#16 Posted: 03:11:02 04/06/2011
They're pounding the game down like it's garbage when they haven't played it yet, and sending hate and death threats to Activision. How childish...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:29 04/06/2011 by Aura24
#17 Posted: 03:18:15 04/06/2011
Ha. They say that anger is a choice. I suppose some Spyro fans would rather choose anger to either show their disgust, or to silence the fans that started it all. Hmm, an eye for an eye if you will.
---
My Gallery
#18 Posted: 03:20:31 04/06/2011
Yeah, they're letting their emotions cloud their better judgement instead of doing the mature choice of ignoring the game and moving on.
---
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#19 Posted: 03:21:29 04/06/2011
I personally think the game is going to rock. The only disregard to it is Spyro being demonic and crazy.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#20 Posted: 03:47:56 04/06/2011
@ Aura:
Hmm, if this game is successful their going to have a hard time swallowing what they have sown. However if the opposite occurs, Youtube, and the Spyro Forums would never hear the end of it.

@Fireball:
Spyro's visage is of no concern to me. His voice however is. . . well, an unexpected turn.
---
My Gallery
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#21 Posted: 03:48:58 04/06/2011
I think the game is starting to look better and better. I admit I didn't like it at first though. The Trigger Happy trailer looked quite bad, but the gill grunt trailer looked good. The game has changed, yes but it will likely change again. Besides, everyone still has the original game, right?
---
IT'S A DRAGON
#22 Posted: 05:59:56 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
I do! Still have the original game, I mean. smilie There's another thing... no one HAS to play this if they feel like it violates them. All in all, it is just a video game.
---
K-Tech Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#23 Posted: 06:03:42 04/06/2011
I thought the character vids were pretty cool. The game looked fun to me.
---
I'm k-tech... and I approve this message.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#24 Posted: 09:18:50 04/06/2011
I saw a comment that read something along the lines of 'I didn't think it was possible, but I see it before my very eyes: they made a Spyro game worse then EtD.'

What ignorant people! They've seen a few minutes of unfinished gameplay and deem it bad, purely because 'Spyro looks weird'- they haven't even played it, for pete's sake. I also saw many comments from classic fantards that said that they thought LoS was okay, and that they shouldn't have gravitated away from it. Seriously?! These are the same people who, only a year or two ago, were saying that they hated LoS to the core. What hypocrites.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#25 Posted: 09:24:41 04/06/2011
Worse than EtD?

...Wouldn't go that far...I mean, it's not out of the question for that to happen, but I think this game is guarnteed to be mostly glitch free, because of it's linear nature. I'd just say it looks worse than...ANB. smilie
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#26 Posted: 10:42:57 04/06/2011
It looks way more interesting than ANB.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#27 Posted: 17:28:18 04/06/2011
They honestly think that by sending death threats and emails to Activision will get them what they want. What's wrong with common sense nowadays?
---
#28 Posted: 17:28:59 04/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Linear? You mean it's gonna flow like the Legend games? No level picking, no backtracking? smilie
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#29 Posted: 17:33:27 04/06/2011
Death threats? Sheesh I dont like the game, but Im not that hateful sheesh its just a game. You dont like it, then dont by it. By saying how much your hating it, it really wont get attention for them to change it. Just dont buy it if this is the case, publishers look at numbers and if this game doesnt sell well then back to the drawing board, if it does well then alright it is what it is. What I will say is this, spyros voice um hmmm sounds very very odd, sounds like a tazmanian devil from the trailer i saw. The game is colorful is nice looking.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#30 Posted: 18:33:36 04/06/2011
I saw the Spyro trailer that Aura24 sent me via PM, and the gameplay looks interesting, I see a lot of platforming elements being put to use instead of action all the time, and I like Spyro's voice over, it suits him, I also think his design looks fine during the gameplay, I still have mixed feelings for some reason, like I am going to be disapointed by something, but then again, I'm not supposed to be interested in it considering the age I am, I'm supposed to be interested in over-rated first person shooters.

Sarcasm in bold.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:35:15 04/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#31 Posted: 18:37:40 04/06/2011
I don't really like the looks of it. It looks on-rails in a bad way. And it looks more like a ballistic shooter rather than a Platformer, or even an Action Adventure.
---
#32 Posted: 18:39:10 04/06/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I don't really like the looks of it. It looks on-rails in a bad way. And it looks more like a ballistic shooter rather than a Platformer, or even an Action Adventure.

We will see.
---
Firehead010 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#33 Posted: 18:58:02 05/06/2011
I will probably wait to see people play it on youtube before I even get it in case I don't like it and waste my money.
But it kinda looks cool.
Remember how a bunch of people didn't like the legend of Spyro video games? Well, it isn't surprising people are upset about this. I kinda wish they would of made another legend, and I kinda am happy they are trying something new. I only wish they would include Sparx...
---
Don't try to hard to get through life. No one gets out alive anyway. -Random
#34 Posted: 19:01:15 05/06/2011
Quote: Firehead010
I will probably wait to see people play it on youtube before I even get it in case I don't like it and waste my money.
But it kinda looks cool.
Remember how a bunch of people didn't like the legend of Spyro video games? Well, it isn't surprising people are upset about this. I kinda wish they would of made another legend, and I kinda am happy they are trying something new. I only wish they would include Sparx...

It is ashame about Sparx, but in the end, he was getting a bit of a pain for me. All he ever does is distract me by floating all over the screen to be honest, sometimes I can ignore it.
---
#35 Posted: 19:36:48 05/06/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
I saw a comment that read something along the lines of 'I didn't think it was possible, but I see it before my very eyes: they made a Spyro game worse then EtD.'

That's impossible. You couldn't make a worse Spyro game than ETD even if you tried.
#36 Posted: 19:42:42 05/06/2011
It's like the haters who insult fans who like the game, are trying to make us feel the same way they feel about Skylanders, when sadly they also don't respect other people's opinions.

Here's one comment on a Skylander hater from Facebook:
"I hate you!!! You ruined him!!!! I'm furios!!! Like my post if you agree!!!! PS:URRG!!!!! I'm telling all my friends too not by the game beacause it will suck!!!!! I will be sending hatemail!!!!!"
---
#37 Posted: 19:46:57 05/06/2011
Quote: Aura24
It's like the haters who insult fans who like the game, are trying to make us feel the same way they feel about Skylanders, when sadly they also don't respect other people's opinions.

Here's one comment on a Skylander hater from Facebook:
"I hate you!!! You ruined him!!!! I'm furios!!! Like my post if you agree!!!! PS:URRG!!!!! I'm telling all my friends too not by the game beacause it will suck!!!!! I will be sending hatemail!!!!!"

I agree with you on that one Aura24, that's just silly and over the top. At least you have never seen me go THAT far.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:16 05/06/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#38 Posted: 19:52:35 05/06/2011
Do they actually think people are going to read their comments and say, 'hmm, that's a very intellectual point, I think I'll blindly follow their opinion'?

Seriously, what do they think they'll accomplish through it? :/ Thank God the DS community isn't filled with these idiots.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#39 Posted: 19:57:55 05/06/2011
Do they actually think people are going to read their comments and say, 'hmm, that's a very intellectual point, I think I'll blindly follow their opinion'?

Seriously, what do they think they'll accomplish through it? :/ Thank God the DS community isn't filled with these idiots.

Lol, awesome.
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#40 Posted: 06:15:22 09/06/2011
yeah the spyro the dragon forums were filled with guys that were stupid at best. Anyways i guess what most people are very angered by was thats spyro has gone thru so many changes and has been handed down to so many companies that it aint funny. Zelda,mario, even sly which has been resurected for the ps3 again havent changed much but have maintained the same feel during all these years. Heck even zelda has maintained the same concept and feel for 25yrs, why couldnt spyro or crash? At this point if spyro was given to nintendo I'd be happy since their new console looks very promising and the game lineup for that next gen console looks like it'll appeal to all gamers not just for kids as the Wii did for awhile. But anyways if the people dont like it, just say so and give a LOGICAL answer as to why you dont like it and then dont buy it simple. You dont like something then dont buy it till they fix what you dont like and then get it sheesh dont go around giving hate mail or bad mouthing others because they like it, its rediculous let others like something, we dont all like the same things thats what makes us different.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#41 Posted: 09:30:51 09/06/2011
Quote: CAV

That's impossible. You couldn't make a worse Spyro game than ETD even if you tried.

At least ETD had the gameplay direction, everything else from plots and levels were bland to hell
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#42 Posted: 18:18:32 09/06/2011
Yeah but didnt ETD do exactly what alot of ppl were most likely begging for? Give us another spyro game, i cant wait to play another adventure, its taking so long it doesnt matter about the story i just want another. I mean, you fans were saying things of this nature, and for the most part its kinda what i loved about ETD, it was bad however it was like having an exspantion pack of spyro or DLC nowadays.
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
AtlantisMantis Yellow Sparx Gems: 1683
#43 Posted: 18:40:10 09/06/2011
Sometimes it's not the opinion itself but how strongly you voice it.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#44 Posted: 17:57:19 13/06/2011
Quote: SequoiaDragon
Why do so many people HATE this game so much, and before it's even out, no less! I just looked at the new videos and nearly every comment below them says something negative about how their childhood is ruined and how Activision needs to crawl in a hole and die. I'll tell you what Activision might actually do... they'll see all the bad reception their game is getting, and then they'll decide that not enough people will buy it and then it will take the same path as the Spyro movie and be cancelled. And then there will be no new Spyro game in the first place. Why can't they just get excited that something cool is being tried, and that Spyro is a part of it? And then later, when the game is out and being played, they can judge it! I hope the game creators don't pay TOO much attention to premature complainers...

the thing is, the movie only had a poster look, no actual teezer trailer with actual futage. So take it easy, they made so many characters, vids, and pics, this game will be a big hit.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#45 Posted: 23:23:33 13/06/2011
It won't be a hit just because of quantity.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#46 Posted: 00:47:03 14/06/2011
Quote: Jackson117
Quote: CAV

At least ETD had the gameplay direction, everything else from plots and levels were bland to hell

Actually, ETD was one of my favorite games. so for there to be game better then it in my opinion is very hard to do. really it's opinion you may think the game is bad but others like myself don't.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#47 Posted: 06:32:55 14/06/2011
Even though they hate changes in the Spyro franchise, the haters won't move on to other things in life like mature people..
---
#48 Posted: 06:47:58 14/06/2011
Even though they hate changes in the Spyro franchise, the haters won't move on to other things in life like mature people..

And they should look on the bright side and think "The original trilogy will always be there for me to play, so I'll just play that if I feel like playing Spyro once again" Because that's what I do, lol.
---
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#49 Posted: 06:48:55 14/06/2011
Activision is getting so many negative comments, I think they would really appreciate it if we sent them positive comments to cheer them up. I just think they'd like it. They don't get like any positive messages anymore.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
#50 Posted: 06:49:05 14/06/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

And they should look on the bright side and think "The original trilogy will always be there for me to play, so I'll just play that if I feel like playing Spyro once again" Because that's what I do, lol.

Yet they think that by sending hate mail and death threats to Activision will get them what they want in a Spyro game... Seriously, this is what getting obsessed over a video game is like.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:50:47 14/06/2011 by Aura24
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me