Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Reasons... [CLOSED]
Smirf991 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#1 Posted: 05:51:42 28/04/2011 | Topic Creator
I hope this is not to late, or already asked.

I, and many others, have seen many comments stating that Spyro has died with the announcement of Skylander, and ideas like that with other games. I have one question, and that is why? Why is Skylander as it stands now. Why do so many think that it is the end of Spyro. What proof do you have to back up what you are saying, and where did that information come from.

In other words,
Back up your statement
we would like to know why.

Oh, and yes, this is a request for haters to explain what their views are, Without being shot down.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 05:55:22 28/04/2011
The haters don't have proof that the Spyro series died since "YotD" or "DotD", because they're getting all worked up over a video game and think that it should be treated with royalty and not change at all.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:00:15 28/04/2011 by Aura24
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#3 Posted: 07:05:57 28/04/2011
everything changes once in a while some people should get used to it. i love spyro even if he changes.
[User Posted Image]
u know wat they say
[User Posted Image]
EDIT:i actually hated this game but the more i saw it the more i think Spyro is Spyro and this Spyro looks preaty awesome
---
Why am I back
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:40:10 05/05/2011 by Cynder134
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#4 Posted: 09:05:42 28/04/2011
Oh, this I've gotta see. *grabs popcorn* Bring it, haters. What've you got? Why should we hate Skylanders just because you can't take his look?

I'd post my "haters gonna hate" art of Skyro, but it involves a bad hand gesture.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#5 Posted: 09:20:47 28/04/2011
We all know nobody is going to post here. Most of these haters are simple people that join just to vote, then never come back again. For the most part, you'll get comments from people that actually have a reason to not want the game.

And Razz, if you want, I'll do it, with spoilers and credit and all. =D *still has it saved on computer*
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#6 Posted: 11:55:18 28/04/2011
Okay, the whole 'spyro is dead' thing is not a statement meant to be taken literally. It is a statement of perception. To some, the only Spyro is the one featured in the first three games, and so no Spyro past than the one seen in YotD is really Spyro to them. In otherwords, after YotD, Spyro died TO THEM. Some have the same feeling about DotD Spyro.
See, they don't meant that the character acutally died, nor do they mean that series has ended, just that to them there have been no Spyros that they consider to be Spyro past certain games.

As for why they think this, say otherwinse all you want, but the Spyro characters seen in the different eras of the series ARE different, VERY different (personality wise). To some Spyro should be silly and confident like classic, others say sereous and somber like LOS. Some (but not all that many from my perception) grew up with one Spyro or the other, so to them there is only one Spyro because he had such a huge impact on their childhood.

Take what i've said with a pinch of salt; by that I mean you can apply that reasoning to any and all who dislike Skylanders or only like one Spyro.

Does that clear anything up?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#7 Posted: 12:27:44 28/04/2011
Spyro_LUVA has the right of it. It's not a literal statement. For one thing, it was dark52 who put the "End of all Spyro" option there. The people who voted it could be saying something different, but still strong, like "I'm not getting it".

But, just in case these "extreme" haters do come here, let me bring in a fitting song, that would undoubtedly go with the situation:

---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#8 Posted: 12:51:54 28/04/2011
I guess it is kind of annoying when you're interested in a video game character, and all of a sudden it changes, and then you have to get used to it, and as you begin to like that, it changes again, and you think to yourself "Urgh, make your mind up!" smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#9 Posted: 14:43:40 28/04/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
The people who voted it could be saying something different, but still strong, like "I'm not getting it".

Then they would just vote "I don't like it".

The people that vote "The end of all Spyro" literally think this is the end of the franchise, and that Activision ****ed up.
#10 Posted: 15:45:03 28/04/2011
Quote: CAV
The people who voted it could be saying something different, but still strong, like "I'm not getting it".

The people that vote "The end of all Spyro" literally think this is the end of the franchise, and that Activision ****ed up.

When in reality Activision hasn't.
---
#11 Posted: 16:20:10 28/04/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

When in reality Activision hasn't.

Someone whom doesn't care for the game finally gets it! This is a breakthrough in Spyro fandom technology!
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#12 Posted: 22:13:30 28/04/2011
Now everyone knows i hate new spyro. I am way to lazy to go down the line of reasons cause my hand would hurt. I am glad to say i am past spyros..."distinct and suddle new look". I wont get involved enough to get but raped by half the people on this forum. With saying that I will state one thing I DESPISE about Skylanders. Its about SPYRO as much as any other character in the rest of the game. As much a Skylanders goes its a game with spyro in it to get the extra few hundred fans and dollars. I will shut up now and go away.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#13 Posted: 22:21:21 28/04/2011
..........You didn't really list any reasons there.

And your hand will hurt? You hate it that much, and you came up with that many reasons? I highly doubt that, especially when you only saw one trailer and a few screenshots.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:40 28/04/2011 by CAV
#14 Posted: 22:55:59 28/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Did anyone read the first post?
Quote: Smirf991
Without being shot down.

I know that it is fun, CAV, but you are not exempted of this request.
#15 Posted: 23:16:24 28/04/2011
I stated the obvious.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#16 Posted: 23:18:09 28/04/2011
no not really im just stating one opinion im not getting involved and yes cav I have trigger finger if you didnt know.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#17 Posted: 23:28:29 28/04/2011
Take breaks while typing it. If anything, you could open a second tab. Do something, since this topic is clearly for you to vent out your rage as to why you hate the game.
#18 Posted: 00:02:21 29/04/2011

Not the literal end of the franchise but the end of the Spyro that they could call Spyro.
---
#19 Posted: 00:26:55 29/04/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Not the literal end of the franchise but the end of the Spyro that they could call Spyro.

No, from what I've seen, most people believe it's the end of the entire franchise, and that Actvision **** the bed with Skylanders.
#20 Posted: 04:05:33 29/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Cav, is it possible for you to NOT force your opinion onto everyone?
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#21 Posted: 07:03:20 29/04/2011
This topic looks like it will be fun... lets watch and see!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#22 Posted: 11:15:45 29/04/2011
I don't hate Skylanders, just curious about it for the time being.
---
#23 Posted: 16:22:03 29/04/2011
Cav, is it possible for you to NOT force your opinion onto everyone?

I wasn't aware that sharing it was forcing it.

If I was forcing it, I'd be telling people that they were wrong and how I'm right, no?
#24 Posted: 22:51:26 29/04/2011 | Topic Creator
No, by pressing it onto someone, like consistently restating the same point, or by proving them wrong with everything that they say.
Just ask open ended questions. Like why.
#25 Posted: 23:43:24 29/04/2011
I didn't prove them wrong.
#26 Posted: 04:28:55 30/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Whatever,

Can we get back to the original purpose of this topic?

Haters, please come back, this is the only place on this site you will be loved. smilie
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#27 Posted: 19:21:25 30/04/2011
Gah, I'm happy talking to people who hate it, but what annoys me is how the typcial "Hater" usess the same old reasons again and again.

Whatever,

Can we get back to the original purpose of this topic?

Haters, please come back, this is the only place on this site you will be loved. smilie

Forcing your opinion onto somebody is constantly harrassing that person, but that is often muddled up with Defending your Opinion. For example, somebody could say they Like Skylanders and don't care what others say. The other person would constantly harrass them, leading to an argument.
CAV was stating that Sf101 was giving no reasons as to why he hated the game, other than the obvious. (The same old junk about the Design, ect)
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#28 Posted: 20:12:37 05/05/2011
Can you not use the word retarded like that? It's cruel word used in reference to the mentally challenged. Whether you were thinking of mentally ill people when you said it or not, it's still mean IMO.... No matter WAHT people say, it does NOT mean idiot or moron, look in a dictionary. Pardon if I seem rude, it just bugs me when people use such a harsh word without care.

Bah, this'll probalby just end in another fight like on DA won't it?

Anywai..

I already gave my speculation on why they say this, just look at my first post.
---
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#29 Posted: 23:39:57 05/05/2011
Oh boy, ok guys lets not get in over our heads here. Yeah dont say retarded or dumbass because the only thing that leads to is fighting and it'll never end, you want to prove you didnt say something then just quote your own post and ask them to read it again.

I dont like skylanders not just for the art, but because this game doesnt have that feel that everyone can play, mostly just for kids. Its not like classic spyro where anyone would play the game, I have shown a few good friends at work that are gamers and infact agree with me, their like "Thats spyro? Man he's changed from the classics. Activision sure messed him up". They dont like the new spyro, because he just doesnt look like a dragon really lol. The art style is just off, again maybe he's suppose to appeal to younger kids, which is cool but spyro looks like someone beat him up with the ugly stick. And yes I know art and graphics dont make a good game, but it does make you feel like your playing a cool game or a game that feels way to kiddish, Its like if you drive a smart car, you feel small and croweded versus driving a new camaro you feel big and tough, the same goes with the feel and looks of a game. I did go to the toys for bob website, and I like the concept somewhat, but they havent made hardly any games that were sellers, I only saw games that were never popular. Anyways I see activision and toys for bob were together for years, but what I dont understand is if they were together with them for like ever, then why werent they given better franchises to make. Seems like their the company to go to when they have franchises that they see never regaining their former glory. Plus of course its activision, so their gonna milk the whole toy thing so you have to buy the toys if you want to play different characters. I still like spyro but, personally this wouldnt be a game i would go out and buy, i feel like spyro has lost his magic he had in the older games. So thats just my take on this, I did love what activision did with transformers, the first two games were bad, but they made a spinoff which was war for cybertron and it was great with a company that did a great job, and now the third 4th ame which is based on the movie will be made by the same developer and I already saw the trailer for it and some gameplay and it looked awesome. I'm eagerly awaiting to play that game. Now I ask myself why couldnt of activsion done the same with spyro? Done a spinoff with a highly known developer and if it was good then continue where DOTD was by that developer and go from there. I guarentee if the LOS series was made by a really good developer then alot of the fans wouldnt be arguing about how it sucked. But oh well it is what it is.

Well I'm not bashing the new spyro I'm just giving my opinion on this situation he's in. And yes lets not start like on DA, trust me i dont like the stuff that goes on in DA it gets ugly real fast.

Oh and by the way here's proof of what Toys for bob have been doing game wise.

http://www.toysforbob.com/
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
#30 Posted: 03:39:22 12/05/2011 | Topic Creator
That is hard to go against. Good job.
#31 Posted: 20:06:11 15/05/2011
not sure who your referring to smirf but ok.
---
#32 Posted: 03:41:33 16/05/2011
Brainless? Which Spyro fans are you referring to exactly?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#33 Posted: 06:24:14 16/05/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101
S240, thank you. Just about sums it up perfectly for me. I think that will stuff a sock in CAV's mouth for once (thank god) and tell the brainless spyro followers that we have reasons to hate.

You're kind of getting too personal.
---
#34 Posted: 07:27:05 16/05/2011
You're not perfect, SpyroFanatic. If you're going to go ahead and call us Spyro followers 'brainless', at least have the guts to stay online long enough for us to tell you how dead wrong you are.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:30:34 16/05/2011 by Aura24
#35 Posted: 14:12:00 16/05/2011
*cracks knuckles*

S240, thank you. Just about sums it up perfectly for me. I think that will stuff a sock in CAV's mouth for once (thank god) and tell the brainless spyro followers that we have reasons to hate.

How 'bout no?

I love your attempts to make it personal and that it will "stuff a sock in my mouth". Sorry, but I can still make a counter-argument.

Also, I must give him credit from the beginning, because at least he attempted to explain his reasoning. All you could do is rant on how much you hate the game without giving a reason, then cower behind someone else's reasons and then say confidently how it will shut me up. So I will only be responding with him in mind, not you, since you seem to not want to explain yourself, and would rather let someone else do it.

And lastly, who are you calling "brainless Spyro followers"? How are we brainless for being optimistic about a game that you don't like (without even playing it, I must add)? Also, you're not one to talk when you joined a Spyro site in the first place, and when you're username says "SpyroFanatic". Hypocrisy much?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@S240sx24

The first piece of your argument is telling us how people at work were surprised that it was Spyro. From what you're telling me, they are surprised by the character design of the game, and (in your words) that Activision messed him up. Which means that they also seem to care more about the design rather than the gameplay itself.

You make a comparision about cars. First off, if good graphics makes the game feel even better, then that means Megaman 9 (and 10) suck since they have 8 bit graphics, which by your logic diminshes the game's quality. That's not how it works.

Also on the topic of that comparision, you mention how a nice looking car makes you feel tough. But tell me, what's more important? The look of the car? Or the performance of it? There's no point on having a Dodge Challenger if I can't even drive the damn thing because it runs like a piece of ****. I'd rather take the Mini that actually works well. Like you said yourself: Graphics and art design don't make a game.

Activision will milk the franchise of Skylanders, no doubt. But that may not include Spyro, since they already mentioned of giving him his own game if Skylanders is successful, and the demand for Spyro is great.

And there was no way to continue from DotD. It was the typical happy ending, and to continue from there is to possibly rip the series another new plothole.

I will, however, agree with you about Toys For Bob. They are the one thing that can ruin the game entirely, and why Activision didn't run with another developer like Radical is beyond me. Probably because they're too cheap. I'll give you credit for that.
#36 Posted: 17:11:35 16/05/2011
*cracks knuckles*

How 'bout no?

I love your attempts to make it personal and that it will "stuff a sock in my mouth". Sorry, but I can still make a counter-argument.

Also, I must give him credit from the beginning, because at least he attempted to explain his reasoning. All you could do is rant on how much you hate the game without giving a reason, then cower behind someone else's reasons and then say confidently how it will shut me up. So I will only be responding with him in mind, not you, since you seem to not want to explain yourself, and would rather let someone else do it.

And lastly, who are you calling "brainless Spyro followers"? How are we brainless for being optimistic about a game that you don't like (without even playing it, I must add)? Also, you're not one to talk when you joined a Spyro site in the first place, and when you're username says "SpyroFanatic". Hypocrisy much?

Who does he think he is? Seriously?
---
#37 Posted: 17:27:54 16/05/2011
Silly, Aura. He's SpyroFanatic101. He doesn't need to explain himself, and if he says someone should have their mouth stuffed with a sock, it must happen.

Either that, or he's just overconfident and believes he can "defeat" me and all of the "brainless Spyro followers" by backing up someone else's explanation. How can you defeat a person over the internet, anyway?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:28:51 16/05/2011 by CAV
#38 Posted: 17:31:46 16/05/2011
He "thinks" S40's quote will keep you quiet, he doesn't fully know. Like you said, he cowered behind someone else's words instead of making his own to back up his reasons.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#39 Posted: 17:34:26 16/05/2011
Just going to say why I don't really like it...

Gameplay - ...It looks worse than ANB. Looks too simple, and repetitive. I didn't like how plain the levels were in terms of their structure. That tells me that the levels are going to be fight, walk, fight, walk, just like ANB. Bird's Eye View camera is also concerning, as I have played lots of action games with them, and they usually are just fighting. It doesn't help that they are giving it "heavy RPG elements", which always mean lots of fighting. This is fine if the battle system offers variety and constant need to plan, but it does not seem to be the case here. And it's clear fighting is the main focus of this game. If it wasn't, they would not of showed so much of it in the trailer (other gameplay videos usually just show off the toy switching).

Toys - The toys were made for Activision, not us. We do not gain a thing from them. Their only purpose is to up the price of the game. Even people who have wanted Spyro toys for a while will probably be put off, as it isn't the Spyro we recognize, and the other characters just look like generic cartoon rejects.

In short, it doesn't look at all worth the price tag it has, and there are much more promising games being released for much cheaper, not to mention what is already on store shelves.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#40 Posted: 17:36:14 16/05/2011
And it won't shut up the "brainless Spyro followers".

Seriously, what the **** was with that? You painted yourself as a huge hypocrite by saying that on a Spyro site that you joined because your username dictates that you're a Spyro fanatic. And all because we are interested in a game you dispise months prior to release?
#41 Posted: 17:45:17 16/05/2011
^Like some of the fans who hate Skylanders with a passion, they think they don't have to tell other fans their reasons of hating the WIP game, but instead just spout that the game will suck.

I've seen some new fans join the forums just to post hate comments on Skylanders; they never even posted in the forums, just the pages about Skylanders and they leave the forums.
---
#42 Posted: 18:03:32 16/05/2011
Just going to say why I don't really like it...

Gameplay - ...It looks worse than ANB. Looks too simple, and repetitive. I didn't like how plain the levels were in terms of their structure. That tells me that the levels are going to be fight, walk, fight, walk, just like ANB. Bird's Eye View camera is also concerning, as I have played lots of action games with them, and they usually are just fighting. It doesn't help that they are giving it "heavy RPG elements", which always mean lots of fighting. This is fine if the battle system offers variety and constant need to plan, but it does not seem to be the case here. And it's clear fighting is the main focus of this game. If it wasn't, they would not of showed so much of it in the trailer (other gameplay videos usually just show off the toy switching).

Toys - The toys were made for Activision, not us. We do not gain a thing from them. Their only purpose is to up the price of the game. Even people who have wanted Spyro toys for a while will probably be put off, as it isn't the Spyro we recognize, and the other characters just look like generic cartoon rejects.

In short, it doesn't look at all worth the price tag it has, and there are much more promising games being released for much cheaper, not to mention what is already on store shelves.

Understandable....and I wouldn't be suprised if it does turn out to your prediction.
---
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#43 Posted: 03:45:24 17/05/2011
S240, thank you. Just about sums it up perfectly for me.

I'd find it hilarious if you didn't actually read his post and just went along with it.

I think that will stuff a sock in CAV's mouth for once

Look who's talking.

(thank god)

I love users who hate people like CAV's constructive criticism because they find it "Annoying".

and tell the brainless spyro followers that we have reasons to
hate.

Brainless?
For one; the majority of the followers are putting up more valid points than yourself.
Secondly; I love how you use words like "Brainless", and "Retard". A bit harsh, don't you think?
Finally; all of the Spyro followers who have posted in this topic understand you have reasons to hate, but are questioning your reasoning.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:51:29 17/05/2011 by semp123
#44 Posted: 04:26:06 17/05/2011
Ok whoa whoa whoa. I didnt say what I said up top to shut anyone up. Dont try to pull me into a arguement because of what I said. I said what I said uptop to just state my opinion and not to bash on anyone in particular. I just wanted to state my opinion, now brainless? and retarded. Ok I do agree while we fans will not agree on everything but I will agree to this, nonetheless were spyro fans and we love spyro weather we like his new games or not. So no need to throw out harsh words at anyone. I persoanlly dont like that, if you have a opinion then say it but in a respectiful manner not bashing others. aura and i may not agree on everything but were still friends so with that, I did not say what I said uptop to shut anyone up it was just a way of proving my point so with that I'm going to continue on.

CAV ok lets talk.

For one and I think many and those who are hardcore gamers which I work at a bestbuy in gaming, all agree on this. If the game doesnt look interesting then it wont sell much. Why first impression, if you go to a job interview and go looking like lady gaga lol, then you most likely wont get the job also it depends on the job but if your applying for a job at my store for instance then good luck making a good impression on my boss to get the job. Because unfortuantely I wont go and spend 60bucks on a game that doesnt look good or get my attention because I risk losing that money and to get it back well I wont i get half of it back.

Ok sure, i'll give ya that.

Yes, but again first impression makes alot of difference. I rather have both performance and looks, because trust me would a guy be driving around a pink mini cooper? Really? would you? Unless your a girl then maybe different story. Because It wouldnt matter how good it drove. I'd just say thanks then sell it and get myself something else. But anyways yeah graphics may not make a game but if the game doesnt look interesting then new gamers will not like it because of first impressions honestly alot of people are doubting what activision is doing.

Ok before I go on, I think what gets me most of all is that activision is the owner of spyro and thats the problem activision milks all their franchises for money, I think they shouldve sold him to some other developer and we wouldnt have this issue im sure. but anyways. I dont want to fight or start a flame war but I do hope spyro wont be made by toys for bob anymore because they dont look like a gaming company thats capable of making a really good game we all and i mean all ages can really enjoy and why I say that is im 19 and I wouldnt go to my store to buy this game its kinda emabarressing.
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#45 Posted: 06:28:06 17/05/2011
The IS aimed at younger gamers. I think it will sell well with younger kids.

However in my own opinion I don't really think it's my kinda game so far. I'll wait and see though I don't know if I will by it.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#46 Posted: 17:26:38 17/05/2011
@S240sx24 The top of my comment was directed only to SpyroFanatic, who's goal is to shut people up. It was in no way directed towards you.

That is a matter purely of opinion. But what you told me in that piece was that they didn't like his looks and that they thought Activision messed him up. You didn't tell me anything of them not being interested in the gameplay.

Again, by your logic, Megaman 9 and 10 are not "interesting" games since the graphics are 8 bit, rather than being as realistic as everything else these days.
And while I do agree that performance and looks would be great, I'd much rather focus on the performance. In gaming sense, performance equals out to gameplay. I wouldn't care how pretty a game looks if the gameplay is broken.

The reason why Activision owns Spyro is because they absorbed Sierra, which was the company that owned Spyro. By absorbing Sierra, Activision took ownership of everything Sierra had, which in this case, was Spyro and Crash.

And Activision doesn't milk all of their franchises. For the most part, it's only Call of Duty and Guitar Hero, compared to all the other games/franchises they own.
#47 Posted: 02:19:21 18/05/2011
Yeah I just wanted to clear things up before I get hate mail lol.

Well I believe I just cleared up about the looks of the game, but I still am not happy with the fact that toys for bob is making this game. Again For the years that they have been with Activision they shouldve made way more games with big name titles especially since they have been with activision since the beginning apparently. I know they passed off spyro to them since one probably they gave them something to do and two since they saw spyro going down so they gave them that game since all their games are pretty much aimed towards kids, this well this will sell well with kids but with people my age, um yeah no it wont. I do hope activision sells spyro to someone else heck even disney or square enix would be good candidates to make spyro games. Actually anyone else other than activision would be good. Activision doesnt entirely make all their games well. the only ones that are good are COD series and guitar hero and WOW hmmm come to think about it didnt activision acquire bungie too? Which means halo is going with them too. Which means even more milking lol.
---
#48 Posted: 13:16:21 18/05/2011
Very few people are happy that Toys For Bob are working on the game. I'd much rather Radical make the game. But they could easily surprise us.

Well of course it won't sell well with people your age. It's not targetted to that age. It's clearly aimed for kids.

I'm doubtful if either Disney or Square Enix would do a good job with the franchise, especially since I only like one game from each company (Split/Second and Batman: Arkham Asylum, respectively). If I could think of any company to own Spyro (besides Activision), it would be EA. And since EA has been improving as of late, they could actually do something good with the franchise. But if Spyro gives Activision money, then they won't sell it.

Actually, no. Bungie is an independent developing company, like Insomniac. Activision doesn't own them. They simply signed a 10 year publishing deal, meaning that Activision would publish their games. It's kinda like how Valve's games are published through EA, even though Valve is independent.

And Halo wouldn't be milked by Activision because:

1. Bungie stated that Reach is their last Halo game. They refuse to work on any more.
2. The Halo series is owned by Microsoft, not Bungie.

If the series was to become milked, it would be on Microsoft's fault, not Activision's.
#49 Posted: 17:33:03 18/05/2011
Ok I see. I do like EA more they have always made good games. but I think square enix would do a better job then toys for bob since one they have 2 titles that were legit plus the final fantasy series too dont forget that and toys for bob has well. nothing big we know other than this game. maybe.
---
#50 Posted: 17:47:44 18/05/2011
Quote: S240sx24
Ok I see. I do like EA more they have always made good games. but I think square enix would do a better job then toys for bob since one they have 2 titles that were legit plus the final fantasy series too dont forget that and toys for bob has well. nothing big we know other than this game. maybe.

Well Toys for Bob is making this game and is close to completing it. Don't buy the game if you don't like them so much..
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me