Forum

Spyro: Shadow Legacy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Books in Shadow Legacy [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 19:18:32 26/04/2011 | Topic Creator
What do you think of the books the makers of Shadow Legacy created? Some tell the backstory to the founding of the Dragon Realms, or tell of Spyro's previous adventures?

Here's some of my favorites:

Legend of the Great Sea Dragon
Legend tells us that Dragon Realms was discovered by the Great Sea Dragon. She swam here from the ancient homeland with her babies on her back. Tired from the swim, she passed away on the shore, right where our fountain stands today. She wore the fountain talisman around her neck, the magic from this talisman powers the fountain's jets today.

Legends of Dragonkind
Legends tell of an ancient dragon race that fled a natural catastrophy in Forgotten Worlds. Braving a perilous journey across the oceans, they found a new land, what we now call Dragon Realms.

These pioneer dragons started rebuilding their civilization in the new world. They used their magic and advanced stonemasonry to build Dragon Village. Then the most senior dragons secluded themselves in the nearby hills and formed a Council of Elders.

This group has governed the dragon people for many thousands of years.

Minidragon Recipe
1 Dragonfly of exceptional size
1 Dragon scale, different colors give varying results
1 Eyeball
13 Newt tails
and a pinch of garlic
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 19:49:14 26/04/2011
I really liked them. I love RPG's partly because of their rich backstories(mainly Final Fantasy)! smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 02:17:07 30/04/2011 | Topic Creator
It makes me wonder what "catastrophy" caused the dragons to flee the Forgotten Realms. I thought the Sorceress banished the dragons to the other side of the world.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#4 Posted: 04:52:12 30/04/2011
I loved those. Especially since the first time around I had no idea about Gnasty or Ripto. smilie I kinda wish there was some kind of library with more of them. And they way they're written has an SL feel to it.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#5 Posted: 01:02:41 08/05/2011
Agreed, they were nice distractions, well-written and good way of recapping the previous events of the series as well

What sonicbrawler182 said. For me Shadow Legacy was a successful platformer-RPG conversion, much like Super Mario RPG. I always wondered what a Crash Bandicoot one would be like, although I'd only like it if it were faithful to the series and didnt just branch off into its own new universe.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 01:17:16 08/05/2011
To me, Shadow Legacy was a succesful RPG-platformer hybrid in terms of it's gameplay ideas (which were pretty neat), but it was too repetitive, easy and short for me. It also had a few badly programmed, glitchy areas. I really wish they would of made it a console game, then it would of probably been spectacular. I had this faint hope that the game after DotD would be a console RPG set in the TLoS universe, but I knew it would never happen! smilie

But in any case, I would give SL a solid 7/10.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me