Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Exclusive Making of Spyro 2 Video! [CLOSED]
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#1 Posted: 23:06:55 19/04/2011 | Topic Creator
This video is pretty cool! It gives a great insider's look at the game. I really like the part when they play hockey. Lol when the lady falls down! smilie

Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2 Posted: 00:59:39 20/04/2011
This is old news, but it's a fun video. smilie I'm still baffled by everyone saying Oliver is the most like Ripto; I met him once and he was such a nice, friendly guy. smilie
Pyro-Spyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#3 Posted: 02:07:48 20/04/2011 | Topic Creator
I know it's old news, but I didn't see a topic made of it. smilie Oliver seems like a nice funny guy! smilie
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#4 Posted: 12:12:26 20/04/2011
Hardcore gamers?

10 or 15 tries?

Gaming sure changed a lot. @_@
survyguy79 Green Sparx Gems: 179
#5 Posted: 21:12:17 06/05/2011
I still think the crystal popcorn challenges are the hardest in the game. I beat the dinosaur egg thing easily.
---
P.S MONEYBAGS SHOULD DIE P.S.S JUSTIN BIEBER SHOULD TOO
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#6 Posted: 11:00:51 01/11/2011
I'm surprised how Insomniac Games used to be so enthusiastic about making a Spyro game, now they probably deny Spyro's existence as if their past accomplishments were all for nothing.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 17:58:16 01/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
I'm surprised how Insomniac Games used to be so enthusiastic about making a Spyro game, now they probably deny Spyro's existence as if their past accomplishments were all for nothing.

You still have to bare in mind that this was back when Insomniac still started out really.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#8 Posted: 18:03:31 01/11/2011
Insomniac is still proud of Spyro (if they weren't, the games wouldn't be listed so prominently on their site). It's the series that really jump-started their company. They are, however, really sick of whiny fanbrats begging them to work on a franchise they a) don't own and b) moved on from over a decade ago. In fact, the only person who was on the team that made those classic Spyro games who is still at Insomniac today is Ted Price.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#9 Posted: 18:05:44 01/11/2011
Quote: Razz
Insomniac is still proud of Spyro (if they weren't, the games wouldn't be listed so prominently on their site). It's the series that really jump-started their company. They are, however, really sick of whiny fanbrats begging them to work on a franchise they a) don't own and b) moved on from over a decade ago. In fact, the only person who was on the team that made those classic Spyro games who is still at Insomniac today is Ted Price.

Wonder what happened to the other guys? Did Ted Price literally bring in newer people, and all the older folks went to create High Impact?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#10 Posted: 20:37:06 01/11/2011
This is something that is pretty common in both the games and animation industries. Artists and programmers move on to different companies for a lot of reasons. Oliver Wade and some of the twelve people who worked at Insomniac during the Spyro era stayed on well into the development of the Ratchet and Clank franchise, but left for personal reasons. Heck, even Charles Zembillas (the guy who designed Spyro and most of the characters, good and bad, for the first game) left for his own reasons before Spyro 2 was started.
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#11 Posted: 20:58:13 28/06/2012
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Razz

Wonder what happened to the other guys? Did Ted Price literally bring in newer people, and all the older folks went to create High Impact?

I don't know what happened to the others, but Pamela Hayden has moved on to The Simpsons, voicing Milhouse, Jimbo, Todd and some other random dudes. Not sure if she was in Spyro 2, but I saw her on behindthevoiceactors.com as Bianca in 2000 and the Simpsons 2002+. You can also see her on YouTube. I looked for videos of her voicing Bianca but couldn't find any; there's one of her doing Milhouse though smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me