darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > I'm quite suprised at the amount of complaints this game is getting...
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
I'm quite suprised at the amount of complaints this game is getting... [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1 Posted: 05:58:30 23/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Guys, you do realize that if you're going to act all snobby and stubborn, Activision might stop making Spyro all together? I mean, if Skylanders receives enough complaints, Activision might just end it all. And it already has received enough complaints...

You're all judging the book by its cover. Seriously, just shut up and play the darn game first before you go starting riots.

Good job, Activision. >_>
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#2 Posted: 06:22:25 23/03/2011
Really, we were bound to get complaints no matter what Activision did. whether we got classic, Tlos or somthing new, there will always be those over-reacting fans who bash everything before even getting their hands on the actual game and playong it for themselves.

Well, perhaps when the game does come out if people like it there won't be as many complaints. time will tell.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#3 Posted: 07:55:32 23/03/2011
Oh, Activision isn't going to cease production on a viable property just because a few people in this tiny backwater fandom are whining about it. Skylanders is already proving to be a huge hit with their target audience (i.e., the kids who are all too young to be on this site and their parents with money who don't care what the fantards think but see something they think their kids will like).

To us in the fandom, it looks like everyone is against Skylanders and it's failing already. In reality, if you look at the press releases and the overall critical response, this game is already doing better than every Spyro game since Insomniac.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4 Posted: 09:02:52 23/03/2011
There are some people who aren't complaining about this game you know, DarkCynder_543.

But yeah, I agree with Razz on this note.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#5 Posted: 09:55:19 23/03/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Guys, you do realize that if you're going to act all snobby and stubborn, Activision might stop making Spyro all together? I mean, if Skylanders receives enough complaints, Activision might just end it all. And it already has received enough complaints...

You're all judging the book by its cover. Seriously, just shut up and play the darn game first before you go starting riots.

Good job, Activision. smilie

That is true. Sure it sounds like they won't listen to the fans, but it's obvious they put him in to garner attention from people, mainly the fanbase itself. By complaining about it, they're going to conclude that Spyro isn't a popular character anymore, and they'll retire the franchise, while continuing Skylanders.

And we've been saying that for the longest. Nobody's listening.

Quote: Razz
Oh, Activision isn't going to cease production on a viable property just because a few people in this tiny backwater fandom are whining about it. Skylanders is already proving to be a huge hit with their target audience (i.e., the kids who are all too young to be on this site and their parents with money who don't care what the fantards think but see something they think their kids will like).

To us in the fandom, it looks like everyone is against Skylanders and it's failing already. In reality, if you look at the press releases and the overall critical response, this game is already doing better than every Spyro game since Insomniac.

Tiny backwater fandom? Ouch. That hurt. *is part of this apparent backwater fandom*

And read what I wrote above this quote regarding about Activision possibly ceasing production of Spyro.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you said.
#6 Posted: 10:12:19 23/03/2011
I'm a part of this fandom, too, CAV, but I'm also a part of other fandoms. The fandom for Midna just by herself dwarfs the whole Spyro fandom, and that's just a single character. The truth isn't always fun to hear, but the truth is that this is a tiny fandom and the only people who care about it are the ones who are in it.

I did read what you said and I don't agree with it. Spyro has been popular outside his fandom for longer than he's had a fandom. The people Activision is aiming for are the millions of players who enjoyed Spyro and who never gave him a second thought outside of playing the games and liking them.
#7 Posted: 10:18:19 23/03/2011
I agree with how we're small. But the backwater piece makes me feel filthy for being in here. And this is currently the only fandom I'm in.

Yes, and even those people are pissed. If I had a nickel for every time I saw the words "What did they do to my childhood hero?" or "Shows how much Spyro has fallen since I stopped playing.", I'd be Carlos Slim Helu. So far, the critics and kids are the only ones that I've seen that are universally looking forward to the game. And sure it will get money, but not enough that they will want when everybody else is dispising the game prior to playing it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:19:00 23/03/2011 by CAV
#8 Posted: 10:30:16 23/03/2011
Sorry about that, then. It's just a turn of phrase that I am immune to thanks to being somewhat southern in my upbringing but watching a lot of snotty northern media that thinks being country folk means you're somehow inferior.

Again, most of those people are either in some part of the fandom or they really aren't interested in the series if it's not Insomniac, period. Those aren't Acti's target audience. The fact that all the critics so far agree is in itself a miracle; many of the critics who've been writing about the game are the sort who loathed every other Spyro game that wasn't made by Insomniac.

Either way, my point remains. Fans and brats on the Internet who probably wouldn't have bought the game even if it was exactly what they wanted are screaming about this, but people with money (which is the only form of critique a company like Activision cares about) are loving what they're seeing so far. That speaks louder than all the whiny Spyrotards on earth.

Then, too, it turns out that there's a pretty vocal and growing number of people within the fandom and elsewhere who like Skylanders. My prediction about some of the fans who screamed the loudest doing a complete 180 has already come true in multiple cases. I'm willing to bet that at least half of the people who are against the game now are going to be loving it when it's released.
#9 Posted: 10:38:05 23/03/2011
Eh, I'm usually not offended. But that one actually kinda hurt. Maybe it's because life problems are making me more vulnerable. I dunno. I just felt dirty after reading that.

Eh. I haven't heard from many critics since IGN, in which the only games they truely bashed are ETD and TEN. Shows how much I pay attention.

Sorry, but those people are outnumbered. They're few and far in between.

I would love to agree with you about that, but when they haters won't even bother to get near the game, I highly doubt they'd see a change of heart. That can only happen if you decide to try the game. And no amount of good reviews would get this stubborn group to give it a go.
#10 Posted: 10:48:02 23/03/2011
This is exactly what happened with LoS, especially DotD. Since humans and fandoms alike tend to repeat themselves, I have no doubt that people will change their minds. We probably won't see it until Skylanders has been out for a week or two, but, like I said, in many cases I'm already seeing people change their minds with this right now.
#11 Posted: 10:57:27 23/03/2011
I'm seeing people changing their minds, but not in the good way.

With DotD, people were dreading it. And for the most part, people still do.
#12 Posted: 11:24:54 23/03/2011
I guess it just depends on where you are. On this site, I'm seeing a lot of lurkers and newbies showing up just to complain about the game, while the regular members who didn't like it last month are either changing their minds or at least considering giving it a shot. On dA I haven't seen much new hate art being posted and, for every bit of hate art there are dozens of positive comments about the game. Heck, ABE is causing more controversy at this point than Skylanders from what I've seen.

Again, with DotD I see more people who love it than don't. The people that hate it seem to hate it for my reasons (the fans, disappointed by it, etc.) but they are very outnumbered by the fans. Everyone else I know of who likes it never played it and say they only looked twice because of Cynder's creepy skank redesign.
#13 Posted: 12:21:16 23/03/2011
Eh. I'm seeing some people that are starting to change their mind about getting the game. I guess it is dependant on where you look. And I find it funny how something that isn't canon is making more fuss than a game that is real, and serves as a reboot, which is canon.

I see more people that hate the game than like it. Everywhere I go people are trashing the game, and in some cases I've gotten flamed for liking it. The people that like the game are few and far in between where I look, since most LoS fantards have moved on to other games, and for the most part don't care for LoS anymore, much less DotD. Most people that you would expect to like the game, only like Cynder's design in it. So don't assume they enjoy the game, because it's easy to be fooled that way.
#14 Posted: 12:26:12 23/03/2011
I think, too, I put more stock in what people say. Most of the haters for Skylanders are leaving single word/sentence rants that are no more than "it looks different so I don't like it" while the few people who do like it often leave long lists of what they like about it. It's content over quantity for me, I guess. Yeah, there's a lot of haters, but the people who like the new game so far are much more eloquent in their reasoning.
#15 Posted: 14:08:48 23/03/2011
Well you have to expect better content from the people that like it, since they tend to have better grammar, actually explain themselves, and know very well that it's just an opinion. Skylander haters feel like they don't have to explain why they hate the game, and just leave one sentence, then believe that what they said is fact and everyone else is wrong. So it's only expected for those whom like Skylanders to explain why and be more sophisticated about it.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#16 Posted: 19:09:09 23/03/2011
Why is it that the Skylanders haters have no valid reason to hate the game other than a Design for Spyro or missing Characters?
The Negativity this game is recieving is uncalled for. Just because only a few minutes, which is hardly a preview, of gameplay were shown everybody is now claiming the game to be awful. The way Haters are acting is making the entire Spyro fandom look stupid compared to other Fandoms. Do we see Halo Fandom raging war over games day and night, saying a specific game sucks and voting it as the End? Does Call of Duty Fandom (I'm excluding the Godawful games in the franchise). Hell, even the Crash Bandicoot Fandom doesn't act this idiotic. The way I see it, the constant amounts of new users is making me think that Guests are just making accounts to take the cuss out of the game and be noobs. It may be coincidence, but it's just making the Spyro fandom look like Immature Brats who hate eachover.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#17 Posted: 20:20:09 23/03/2011
I'm on the fence with the game, probably closer to disliking it, but I have written a lot of "essays" about what I think of it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#18 Posted: 20:33:51 23/03/2011
I don't mind the people that give good reasons. If they find the price to be a possible problem, they aren't impressed with gameplay, or they just aren't interested, that's perfectly fine. That's a valid reason. And note that those people aren't the ones screaming about the game. They just shrug, explain, and move on their merry way. You don't see me getting on their cases, because there's nothing they did wrong. Just thought I'd mention that for the people that think I'm being too harsh on people even when they give "valid" reasons and how I should leave everyone alone.

From experience from being in both fandoms, I can officially declare that as of now, the Spyro fandom is worse than the Sonic fandom was with Sonic 4. And that's a REALLY bad thing when you make the Sonic fanbase look good even after they whined about green eyes. People didn't make fake accounts on Soah City to bash the game. And mostly everybody there was looking forward to the game, and if they weren't, they gave a good reason why. Here on dS, most people are screeching like a bunch of birds that didn't get their food. And people ARE making accounts just to bash the game, since most people lately that hate the game are brand new members.

And CoD doesn't have god-awful games. The only bad game they had was World At War, and it wasn't god-awful. smilie
#19 Posted: 20:37:35 23/03/2011
I don't think any CoD game I have played was bad, they are just all mediocre to me, and quite same old, same old. I haven't played the first one though, but my friend did, and said it was bad.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#20 Posted: 20:39:20 23/03/2011
I have only played CoD 2 and I enjoyed it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#21 Posted: 20:41:58 23/03/2011
Why are you guys discussing CoD? I only mentioned it just to set it straight. That wasn't the point of the entire post.
#22 Posted: 20:42:28 23/03/2011
Quote: CAV
Why are you guys discussing CoD? I only mentioned it just to set it straight. That wasn't the point of the entire post.

Sorry, I guess.
---
#23 Posted: 20:47:10 23/03/2011
People can get confused, Super, you don't have to be sorry. smilie
---
I draw stuff.
#24 Posted: 20:48:19 23/03/2011
It's ok Super. I was just wondering.
#25 Posted: 20:51:12 23/03/2011
It's ok Super. I was just wondering.

Lulz, I'm not sure really, I just wanted to put an opinion on one of the games since before I have never really talked about CoD. I may have said some time before that each game is the same but then again I think most game series are like that, examples, GTA, Spyro, Tomb Raider.
---
#26 Posted: 06:51:17 24/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I'm on the fence with the game, probably closer to disliking it, but I have written a lot of "essays" about what I think of it.

Like CAV said, I don't mind the people who give logical reasons. It's just the ones who are complaining without reason are the ones I'm disliking. Every time I see a trailer on youtube, it has about 30 likes, but over 200 dislikes.
---
#27 Posted: 07:07:20 24/03/2011
^ Yeah, that bugs me. They are judging it...
---
I draw stuff.
#28 Posted: 10:17:42 24/03/2011
Like CAV said, I don't mind the people who give logical reasons. It's just the ones who are complaining without reason are the ones I'm disliking. Every time I see a trailer on youtube, it has about 30 likes, but over 200 dislikes.

That's why I'm avoiding everything regarding Skylanders on Youtube like the plague. The comments there are much worse than anything I saw here.
#29 Posted: 12:12:18 24/03/2011 | Topic Creator
^ I know... D:

I'm also annoyed at something else. People have been complaining, and they wanted Spyro to go back to its original roots. They got what they wanted (well, a game that's similar to the originals), yet they're STILL complaining. I never liked TLOS, but I'm more than welcome to accept this game. I'm just happy that Skylanders isn't all dark and gloomy anymore.

I swear... fanbases.... they're always bad and give games/movies/T.V shows a bad reputation...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:16:34 24/03/2011 by DarkCynder_543
#30 Posted: 12:50:07 24/03/2011
It's a shame that when they get the game of their dreams, they aren't happy because Toys For Bob is avoiding a lawsuit. Because to take the design that Insomniac made without their approval is copyright infringement, and can get them sued. So basically, everybody is complaining because Toys For Bob was following the law, and trying to make their title original rather than directly copy the Insomniac style down to the last pixel.

And I already stated that the Spyro fanbase is worse than the Sonic fanbase was with Sonic 4. I forgot what topic it was where I said that.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#31 Posted: 20:20:28 24/03/2011
Hey, when you are against a third class citizen, you would be dealing with the law on his side.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#32 Posted: 20:25:33 24/03/2011
Quote: Forgotten World
Hey, when you are against a third class citizen, you would be dealing with the law on his side.

.........Copyright infringement is law just about everywhere.
Minryu Green Sparx Gems: 155
#33 Posted: 01:34:48 25/03/2011

.........Copyright infringement is law just about everywhere.

Except for Sweden, I believe. Or wherever the Pirate Bay holds HQ. I believe Sealand(population: 16)has no copyright laws.
#34 Posted: 02:01:30 25/03/2011
Quote: Minryu
Except for Sweden, I believe. Or wherever the Pirate Bay holds HQ. I believe Sealand(population: 16)has no copyright laws.

There's actually a place with 16 people?

EDIT: Just did research. There's only 2 people there now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:02:27 25/03/2011 by CAV
#35 Posted: 06:31:21 25/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Sealand? Never heard of it. xD
---
#36 Posted: 10:15:58 25/03/2011
Doesn't sound very lively...
---
I draw stuff.
#37 Posted: 14:27:27 25/03/2011
Apparently they're a part of VIVA, a little organization that is made up of teams that represent nations, dependencies, unrecognized states, minorities, stateless peoples, regions and micronations not affiliated to FIFA. Only about 9 "countries" are in VIVA. They also have their own World Cup.
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4185
#38 Posted: 17:34:03 25/03/2011
Hey, do NOT talk about soccer without me! smilie

Anyway, I didn't know that. Nice.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:07 25/03/2011 by zzsdf
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#39 Posted: 18:49:13 25/03/2011
I don't mind the people that give good reasons. If they find the price to be a possible problem, they aren't impressed with gameplay, or they just aren't interested, that's perfectly fine. That's a valid reason. And note that those people aren't the ones screaming about the game. They just shrug, explain, and move on their merry way. You don't see me getting on their cases, because there's nothing they did wrong. Just thought I'd mention that for the people that think I'm being too harsh on people even when they give "valid" reasons and how I should leave everyone alone.

From experience from being in both fandoms, I can officially declare that as of now, the Spyro fandom is worse than the Sonic fandom was with Sonic 4. And that's a REALLY bad thing when you make the Sonic fanbase look good even after they whined about green eyes. People didn't make fake accounts on Soah City to bash the game. And mostly everybody there was looking forward to the game, and if they weren't, they gave a good reason why. Here on dS, most people are screeching like a bunch of birds that didn't get their food. And people ARE making accounts just to bash the game, since most people lately that hate the game are brand new members.

And CoD doesn't have god-awful games. The only bad game they had was World At War, and it wasn't god-awful. smilie

I'm actually trying to say this. I was a bit over-the-top describing some of the CoD games, when I said "God Awful"

I don't think any CoD game I have played was bad, they are just all mediocre to me, and quite same old, same old. I haven't played the first one though, but my friend did, and said it was bad.

I believe it was this series that had a bad game.

Shows how Spyro Fandom is going Downhill

What's this got to do with the topic?
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#40 Posted: 19:46:20 25/03/2011
What's wrong with the trailer having more people disliking it than likes? You don't give reasons for disliking a video when you dislike a video on YouTube, so you can't automatically assume it's bad reasoning.
#41 Posted: 20:09:59 25/03/2011
Quote: Darby
What's wrong with the trailer having more people disliking it than likes? You don't give reasons for disliking a video when you dislike a video on YouTube, so you can't automatically assume it's bad reasoning.

Actually, a very good amount of people describe why they hate it in the comments, by using caps, as much bad grammar as possible, and as much explination points as possible. I do recognize the people that give good reasons, but they're few and far in between.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#42 Posted: 20:15:33 25/03/2011
You've got a point there.
But if you don't give reasoning, you'll be bombarded with replies of people assuming your reasoning (which you didn't even give) is stupid attacking you.
#43 Posted: 20:17:45 25/03/2011
In response to the topic's title:

You should never be suprised by hate. I have learned that, mainly because of DotD.
---
#44 Posted: 20:28:25 25/03/2011
But if you don't give reasoning, you'll be bombarded with replies of people assuming your reasoning (which you didn't even give) is stupid attacking you.

Well there's fault on both sides.

There's fault on the people for attacking him/her without knowing the reason. That's being harsh and unreasonable.

And there's fault on the guy/girl for not explaining, since if you haven't noticed, most people that don't explain why they hate it end up hating it mostly because Cynder was given the boot. And these people usually feel as though they don't have to explain themselves, and that everyone is wrong but them.

In response to the topic's title:

You should never be suprised by hate. I have learned that, mainly because of DotD.

That was really late.....
#45 Posted: 20:30:28 25/03/2011
I just noticed that not many people actually responded to that. smilie

Besides, better late than never!smilie
---
#46 Posted: 20:38:28 25/03/2011
Well, the topic was mostly to rant about the people whining about the design and other stupid little details.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#47 Posted: 01:22:26 26/03/2011

There's fault on the people for attacking him/her without knowing the reason. That's being harsh and unreasonable.

And there's fault on the guy/girl for not explaining, since if you haven't noticed, most people that don't explain why they hate it end up hating it mostly because Cynder was given the boot. And these people usually feel as though they don't have to explain themselves, and that everyone is wrong but them.

I had a Skylanders hater try to troll me for supposedly liking Activision when he noticed my comments in my Skylanders videos. Saying stuff like "KlonoaAura = Fur***. **** IN ****!!!!!" and "KlonoaAura sucks Activision's ****."
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#48 Posted: 01:54:22 26/03/2011
Quote: Aura24

I had a Skylanders hater try to troll me for supposedly liking Activision when he noticed my comments in my Skylanders videos. Saying stuff like "KlonoaAura = Fur***. **** IN ****!!!!!" and "KlonoaAura sucks Activision's ****."

Wow, just wow. Just like when I got trolled over at the Sega forums due to me liking Spyro's redesign. -__-
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#49 Posted: 04:52:15 26/03/2011
Yeah, some fans on youtube are almost idiotic when it comes to raging over a video game and flaming others who like a game they don't like the looks of...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#50 Posted: 05:01:21 26/03/2011
Quote: Aura24

Reminds me of the guy that flames people for liking Spyro's design. He called me and idiot when I said I liked it.

Why would you be a furry for being interested in Skylanders. Trolls don't make sense sometimes.

And do you like Activision?
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me