a step backwards? [CLOSED]
spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
#1 Posted: 11:09:54 15/03/2011 | Topic Creator
well basically...spyro is young again? wtf? o.O
---
''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2 Posted: 12:03:08 15/03/2011
It's a reboot. There's no connection with previous Spyro games at all.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#3 Posted: 12:36:17 15/03/2011
Technically, Spyro has been the same age in every game, except the implied three years between TEN and DotD.

The entire Spyro series does not orchestrate a very strong chronology. For all we know, all of the non-LoS games could've occured in the matter of a few months. The only timeline indication is a "year of the dragon" in both YotD and EtD and a 'going back to school' season in Shadow Legacy.

And the time it took from Spyro meeting Ignitus for the first time to him defeating Gaul, could've been just a few weeks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:37:35 15/03/2011 by riverhippo
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 13:41:54 15/03/2011
^this
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#5 Posted: 17:24:14 15/03/2011
Quote: spyroGalNicoleX
well basically...spyro is young again? wtf? o.O

Rofl!! although it is a reboot i thought the same thing
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 19:04:27 15/03/2011
Quote: riverhippo
Technically, Spyro has been the same age in every game, except the implied three years between TEN and DotD.

The entire Spyro series does not orchestrate a very strong chronology. For all we know, all of the non-LoS games could've occured in the matter of a few months. The only timeline indication is a "year of the dragon" in both YotD and EtD and a 'going back to school' season in Shadow Legacy.

And the time it took from Spyro meeting Ignitus for the first time to him defeating Gaul, could've been just a few weeks.

There was a year between Spyro 1 and 2.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#7 Posted: 19:53:49 15/03/2011
There are no solid time lines in any of the Spyro games. All we know is this:

The Insomniac trilogy takes place one after the other and it's assumed that they all happened within a somewhat brief period of time (a year or less).

EtD is supposed to be connected with the Insomniac three and, thus, takes place a short time (if not immediately after) YotD.

AHT is it's own setting in spite of making some vague references to the Insomniac games and restarts the clock. Shadow Legacy takes place a short time after that.

LoS is a reboot and also restarts the clock. We have it confirmed from Mike Graham (writer/producer) that TEN takes place just two weeks after ANB and DotD takes place three years after TEN (though it's very much up for debate that Spyro aged at all).

In all games, he is a young dragon, somewhere between eleven-ish (his original incarnation had no set age but was meant to be a young kid) and 15 (a guess fans came up with based on his stated age in some Wendy's LoS toys to be 12, thus after the three years he is assumed to be 15 in DotD despite not having grown at all physically or mentally/emotionally).

tl;dr:

"a step backwards?"

No, not at all. Just business as usual.
#8 Posted: 00:36:02 16/03/2011
AHT is connected enough to the others, I thought. I mean, isn't the intro dialog to Gnasty Gnorc's confrontation enough proof of that?
#9 Posted: 00:43:20 16/03/2011
None whatsoever. That could have referred to events in the AHT universe that took place before the game started. The realms are differently named, dozens of characters are missing, Moneybags is inexplicably Russian/Romany (when he'd been upscale American before this game), Red is treated as if he'd been in the series all along even though we've never seen him before or even had established dragon elders prior to this game (again suggesting that its history is very different from the original trilogy), nobody seems to care about the dragon eggs including other dragons when they were previously very important, the Professor being named a mole and having family when he was previously no specific species and had no known relatives... The list of completely unrelated and different things in AHT as compared to the Insomniac games is massive. The only way it made sense to me was to assume that, like LoS, it took place in a different universe that had some small things in common with the older games.
#10 Posted: 00:48:35 16/03/2011
It's pretty implied that "Spyro deafting Gasty the first time" was talking about StD. As for the other details that fall off from the rest of the series, I'd say there is just enough and not enough for us to make a correct assessment of the time period.

It's all those Euros fault.
#11 Posted: 01:30:50 16/03/2011
Meh. I've always thought they were separate canons and always will. *shrug*
#12 Posted: 03:33:07 16/03/2011
Don't you shrug me...*shrug*
#13 Posted: 03:56:24 16/03/2011
I'll shrug whoever I want! *shrug*

smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me