First | Previous | Page 5 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What Do You Think Of It? [CLOSED]
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#201 Posted: 17:56:11 27/03/2011
Well, this game could turn out good, but I still think that they ruined Spyro's design.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#202 Posted: 17:57:30 27/03/2011
^I disagree. I would go as far as to say that this is his best design.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#203 Posted: 18:19:42 27/03/2011
Quote: CAV
^I disagree. I would go as far as to say that this is his best design.

I wouldn't say it's his best design, could be better.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#204 Posted: 00:02:27 28/03/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I wouldn't say it's his best design, could be better.

Well yeah, things can always be better. His nose looks a little weird, but to me the only big problem is the large amount of spots. It's like they had a hard time wondering if they were going to use a darker shade of purple or not.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#205 Posted: 12:22:53 28/03/2011
They literally made Spyro look like a freaky demon. I mean, the fangs, the red eyes... He looks like an evil vampire dragon.
#206 Posted: 12:43:32 28/03/2011
When I saw the drawings/sketches of the Skylander Spyro design I liked it, but when I saw the design in the games graphics, it didn't look as good.
---
#207 Posted: 12:44:07 28/03/2011
Quote: torok
They literally made Spyro look like a freaky demon. I mean, the fangs, the red eyes... He looks like an evil vampire dragon.

And I like it.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#208 Posted: 12:55:42 28/03/2011

And I like it.

As do I.
#209 Posted: 13:01:04 28/03/2011
It would take me getting used to just like the Legend of Spyro design.
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4173
#210 Posted: 13:04:39 28/03/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

And I like it.

As do I.

Same here.
#211 Posted: 13:09:52 28/03/2011
Quote: zzsdf
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

And I like it.

As do I.

Same here.

I personally see nothing wrong with it...GOONro's kinda cute actually.
The design will take some getting used to, but as long as its not permanent I don't care. Its like classic fans to LoS' design, which is my favorite IMO.
#212 Posted: 13:15:30 28/03/2011
It's the kind of freaky that's also very cute, and yet cool. It's 3 things at once.
#213 Posted: 13:19:32 28/03/2011
I don't think it's cute, I don't know what to think of it, I don't hate, but I'm not necessarily bothered by it, like I said, the sketches of it are cute.
---
#214 Posted: 13:26:41 28/03/2011
The sketches are obviously better than the in-game model, but it's still cool. Besides, odds are they'll polish it by the time the game is released.
#215 Posted: 13:29:28 28/03/2011
It would be nice if they decided to sort Spyro's face and make it more like the sketch, I don't mind the rest of his body in-game.
---
#216 Posted: 13:38:01 28/03/2011
To me, I don't really like the spots, and the nose. Otherwise it's fine.
#217 Posted: 14:03:01 28/03/2011
The snout is not very cool, too piggish IMO, and I don't get the spots, and I wish his eyes weren't red, but other than that, I'm fine.
He looks to evil and angry though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:45 28/03/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#218 Posted: 14:28:40 28/03/2011
He's red eyes are actually cool. It's better than the purple eyes of LoS, or the beady black of Classic.
#219 Posted: 15:53:33 28/03/2011
I'm not too bothered about the colour of his eyes.
---
legendsofspyro Ripto Gems: 199
#220 Posted: 09:40:15 29/03/2011
Quote: Razz
There may be a lot of playable characters, but you only need one to finish the game, so I don't really see how that's a problem unless you're a completeist and need every last gem and gold coin before you can sleep at night. smilie

Not really. Even EtD made the greatest hits collection and it's the game that nearly killed Spyro for real, and ANB made it in there, too. I suspect people weren't fooled by/interested in TEN after having played ANB and DotD practically requires you to have played the previous two to make any sense out of it. Then, too, both DotD and TEN got hammered pretty hard by reviewers (rightfully so in most respects, though IGN's lazy excuse for a TEN review was a bit unfair).

I'm not that hardcore a completionist. Although, with the first Spyro, I do sometimes. smilie Actually, that's one of the things I like about the Legends. I don't need a truckload of things to do after a game's over. Focus on delivering longer and better story modes, which would then encourage me to play through them again.

You think so? I know I got to a point where I could finish it without ever using Dragon Time or any Elements (except in the strafe and Gaul) in battle. I think you suspect correctly, but that has a lot to do with the deadline Krome was working under. They had other things in mind, according to an interview they did for (ironically) IGN. TEN is too hard when you first play it, and so is DotD. Unless you're basically using electricity and grabs for Spyro or shadow and grabs for Cynder, DotD will definitely frustrate.

I never met you before, so I don't know how I can be familiar to you.

How do you know Insomniac's games are better than Skylanders? Did you play Skylanders? Were you at the toy fair to play it?

Legends didn't sell well. They tanked in sales compared to every other Spyro game. There is no way to continue it without bending the rules and creating a giant plothole. And yes there are different developers, that will want to take the franchise in a new direction. Toys For Bob is taking it in a new direction with Skylanders.

Toys. What is the problem? It's something that nobody ever did before, and it's working from what critics are saying. Plus, it will get kids to buy the game, and the kids are the target audience. Well of course you'll find it stupid. It's for kids, not for teens or adults. You're not suppose to expect something serious and "epic" like LoS.

If dark games are better in this day in age, then why is Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, LittleBigPlanet, and to a lesser extent Sonic still selling millions? What you just did was generalize and describe why so many people hate this generation of gaming. Yes, dark games are good. But so are light-hearted cheery games.

No, no no no no. The public would not have liked Spyro if he was dark from the start. NOBODY would've liked that. Who would play a game about a cute purple dragon whom is depressed. The ONE and ONLY time that worked was with Conker, and that was a sleeper hit. Spyro wouldn't be the big figure he is now if the games didn't start off being cheery and positive. Why are you thinking it would work? Because it's not how everyone wants it. At this point, you're only saying what YOU want. And it doesn't work that way.

It's a small world.

Check my conversation above.

While it is obviously true there are lots of people out there who just plain don't like it (and plenty who go way over the top in hating it), the franchise's status as an icon and what people have come to expect from Spyro (don't even try to tell me people don't have a certain way they think Spyro's supposed to be) plays a big part in that. Here's a simple opportunity right here: 3 years between TEN and DotD.

Although it is a good point you make here, I can only take so much Assassin's Creed or MGS4. It isn't that people don't like dark games, they just think that those franchises you mentioned should all be light. In most of those cases, they should be. Not with Sonic, though. Colors is the worst game they've ever made. No, actually one of the worst games in the world, period. It goes back to what people have come to expect from these things. They think anything aimed at kids should be loaded to the teeth with bad jokes and bad slapstick, all over-exaggerated by bad sound effects. Refer to Sonic Colors, or either of the two recent Crash Bandicoot games.

Chances are, if they had developed a dark dragon game in the start, they wouldn't have tried so hard to animate a "cute" dragon. Spyro would have drawn in a different audience, I grant you, because the one he's got now is focused on the aforementioned bad joke/slapstick/sound combo. So, it would've worked because it would've been extremely different then what we've got. Actually, even a "cute" dramatic dragon would've drawn in its own audience, although it may or may not have been popular enough to become an actual series. It's true though, that "cute" things shouldn't try to be dramatic, from a marketing standpoint. It doesn't bother me personally, but it's one of the criticisms I hear about the Legends.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:44:23 29/03/2011 by legendsofspyro
#221 Posted: 13:10:58 29/03/2011
I still don't understand why DotD is so unliked, I love it! I use spyro's fire breath and cynder's wind breath most of the time. The only bad things IMO were the cliffhanger and vague ending and the multiplayer, which, sad to say, was a good trial-and-error, but sucked nevertheless. It was easier playing single player.

I can't help but praise Acti or Estranges Lubius or whatever for trying to incorporate co-op mode into Spyro games.

And EL abandoned the long, drawn out battles for a free-roaming, collectable-full, big world. Even if the colors were a little blinding (especilly the greens and yellows in Valley of Avalar). I liked the armor and could care less about the desings and plotholes.
#222 Posted: 14:43:37 29/03/2011
I don't get where Razz is saying that DotD got hammered by critics. It didn't. It had more or less the same score as ANB, and a higher score than TEN. It got hammered by the fans.

Quote: legendsofspyro
It's a small world.

Check my conversation above.

While it is obviously true there are lots of people out there who just plain don't like it (and plenty who go way over the top in hating it), the franchise's status as an icon and what people have come to expect from Spyro (don't even try to tell me people don't have a certain way they think Spyro's supposed to be) plays a big part in that. Here's a simple opportunity right here: 3 years between TEN and DotD.

Although it is a good point you make here, I can only take so much Assassin's Creed or MGS4. It isn't that people don't like dark games, they just think that those franchises you mentioned should all be light. In most of those cases, they should be. Not with Sonic, though. Colors is the worst game they've ever made. No, actually one of the worst games in the world, period. It goes back to what people have come to expect from these things. They think anything aimed at kids should be loaded to the teeth with bad jokes and bad slapstick, all over-exaggerated by bad sound effects. Refer to Sonic Colors, or either of the two recent Crash Bandicoot games.

Chances are, if they had developed a dark dragon game in the start, they wouldn't have tried so hard to animate a "cute" dragon. Spyro would have drawn in a different audience, I grant you, because the one he's got now is focused on the aforementioned bad joke/slapstick/sound combo. So, it would've worked because it would've been extremely different then what we've got. Actually, even a "cute" dramatic dragon would've drawn in its own audience, although it may or may not have been popular enough to become an actual series. It's true though, that "cute" things shouldn't try to be dramatic, from a marketing standpoint. It doesn't bother me personally, but it's one of the criticisms I hear about the Legends.

Sorry, but I don't know you.

What does you conversation above have to do with anything?

During those 3 years, Malefor took over the world for the most part. That's it. How can it be a Spyro game when he's frozen in time and you can't use him?

Yes, they were all light-hearted from the start. A lot of those franchises tried to be darker, and it didn't work. Spyro is one of the few franchises that tried to be darker, and actually worked.

Colors? The worst game they ever made, and one of the worst period? Hell no. That's the best Sonic console game since Sonic Adventure 2 (which was 10 years ago). I don't know where you're saying that's the worst, when Black Knight, Unleashed, Sonic 06, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Heroes are all worse. And one of the worst games of all time? Have you played Enter the Dragonfly, or Gravity Games: Bike, or Big Rigs. E.T? Pac-Man for Atari? Superman 64? All are listed as some of the worst games of all time.

And no, they don't expect bad jokes and slapstick. Is Mario full of slaptick? No. Is LittleBigPlanet full of slaptick? No. Is deBlob full of slaptick? No. Where are you coming from with that.

And for the last time, no, Spyro should not have started as a dark franchise. It would not have survived. It would be popular for the first 2 games, then the audience would move onto something else, like Final Fantasy, or eventually Kingdom Hearts. Spyro being light-hearted is one of the reasons he was as popular as he was, and why he's a gaming icon today. Nobody talks about LoS, because it tried to be serious, and in some places, it failed to do so. Spyro was basically the Mario or Zelda of the PS1. If he was darker, it wouldn't be like that.

And where the hell did Classic Spyro rely on slapstick and bad jokes? Honestly, I think LoS had more bad jokes with Sparx. In the old games, they tried to be clever with the writing, and it worked. In LoS, they just winged it and as a result, there were a good share of pretty bad jokes.
spyroGalNicoleX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1582
#223 Posted: 14:49:50 29/03/2011
Im not happy that they aren't continuing the legend of spyro series however, im gonna give this game a try. smilie i cant really say i dont like it till i've tried it. the new spyro design isn't exactly tingling my gaming tastebuds but yeh who knows...might love it! smilie
---
''All I wanna be, is everything at once''
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#224 Posted: 15:41:47 29/03/2011
CAV, I have to correct you on LittleBigPlanet. It does have some slapstick humour in it. Not to mention you can make your own slapstick humour if you want!smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#225 Posted: 16:05:16 29/03/2011
What the hell happened here?
#226 Posted: 16:42:50 29/03/2011
You happened.
---
#227 Posted: 17:09:48 29/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
CAV, I have to correct you on LittleBigPlanet. It does have some slapstick humour in it. Not to mention you can make your own slapstick humour if you want!smilie

There you go. You have to make it yourself. It depends on the user if they want slapstick in it or not. Therefore, it doesn't have slapstick, unless you want it in there.

And I barely found any slapstick in LBP PSP. I did find some rather clever writing though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:10:13 29/03/2011 by CAV
#228 Posted: 18:32:56 29/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

There you go. You have to make it yourself. It depends on the user if they want slapstick in it or not. Therefore, it doesn't have slapstick, unless you want it in there.

And I barely found any slapstick in LBP PSP. I did find some rather clever writing though.

No, I meant it has slapstick, AND you can make your own. LBP1 and 2 have quite a bit of slapstick, but also clever writing. Personally, I love it when the two are melded together.
---
#229 Posted: 18:50:39 29/03/2011
Eh. Regardless, not enough to the point where all kid games are generalized as having slapstick.

And I didn't see any in LBP PSP.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:05 29/03/2011 by CAV
#230 Posted: 18:57:40 29/03/2011
I don't see anything wrong with slapstick myself.

That's LBP PSP....it hasn't got....
....THE SLAP!!!
And The Slap was used to create....
.....SACKBALL!!!!
---
#231 Posted: 19:02:20 29/03/2011
I don't mind it if it's done well. It's usually done well in classic cartoons.

OK...........THEN.......

But yeah, the point is, Spyro wouldn't have survived if it started as a dark series.
#232 Posted: 19:04:20 29/03/2011
I don't mind it if it's done well. It's usually done well in classic cartoons.

OK...........THEN.......

But yeah, the point is, Spyro wouldn't have survived if it started as a dark series.

And how do you know exactly?
---
#233 Posted: 19:05:05 29/03/2011
I wouldn't of cared if it was dark form the start, TBH. Either works for me.
---
#234 Posted: 19:05:59 29/03/2011
Because with games on the market like Final Fantasy, the games would be largely ignored. The games drew appeal because of the light-hearted attitude, that appealed to adults as well as kids. As you can see, LoS appealed only to tweens and teens, with the occational adult that ends up drawing dirty art.
#235 Posted: 19:07:22 29/03/2011
Because with games on the market like Final Fantasy, the games would be largely ignored. The games drew appeal because of the light-hearted attitude, that appealed to adults as well as kids. As you can see, LoS appealed only to tweens and teens, with the occational adult that ends up drawing dirty art.

But Tomb Raider was out back then, and that wasn't really a light-hearted game series. Also, Silent Hill, Resident Evil.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:44 29/03/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#236 Posted: 19:08:50 29/03/2011

At this point in time, there were hardly any dark games. And none suitable for kids.

Nowadays, it's the opposite.
---
#237 Posted: 19:09:50 29/03/2011
Yes, because they are aimed at adults and adults only. Spyro appealed to all ages, and along with the great gameplay and good story, it helped the game sell millions.
#238 Posted: 19:10:50 29/03/2011
Yes, because they are aimed at adults and adults only. Spyro appealed to all ages, and along with the great gameplay and good story, it helped the game sell millions.

I don't think it would have made much difference.
---
#239 Posted: 19:13:25 29/03/2011
I think it would've.

Either way, Spyro wouldn't have become an icon if it was LoS from the start (because that's basically what the guy is saying).
#240 Posted: 19:14:54 29/03/2011
I think it would've.

Either way, Spyro wouldn't have become an icon if it was LoS from the start (because that's basically what the guy is saying).

I'm not sure to be honest.
---
#241 Posted: 19:16:16 29/03/2011
He would of become an icon, methinks.

In fact, I think Spyro 1 IS kind of dark.
---
#242 Posted: 19:18:08 29/03/2011
The reason why I'm not sure if it would have been successful still if it started off dark is for the fact that a lot of people wouldn't have known any different.
---
#243 Posted: 19:19:46 29/03/2011
People would've given it the same attention they did with LoS, nearly none.
#244 Posted: 19:21:53 29/03/2011
People would've given it the same attention they did with LoS, nearly none.

Well we will never know if that is true at that period of time. Majority of people may have had different opinions, we won't know for sure, so I'll just stick with "Not sure, that was then, this is now"
---
#245 Posted: 19:51:44 29/03/2011
It probably would've sold, but not to the extent of how they did now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:52:01 29/03/2011 by CAV
#246 Posted: 19:54:06 29/03/2011
It probably would've sold, but not to the extent of how they did now.

But how would you know? You just can't. It's like me saying "Oh they should have released Sonic for the PlayStation 2 in 2001 and started the franchise on there back in those days so it would have sold better" Even though I don't have any evidence to show that, and you can't exactly go back in time and try that out can you? Maybe I just don't get your point.
---
#247 Posted: 20:25:46 29/03/2011
No, I don't know. That's why I'm saying "probably", in the sense of "maybe, I don't know".
#248 Posted: 20:28:59 29/03/2011
I don't understand why you would come up with a thing like that anyway then.
---
#249 Posted: 20:34:57 29/03/2011
He obviously done it for the craic. 3:
---
#250 Posted: 20:48:01 29/03/2011
What is going on? I seem to have missed a lot.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me