First | Previous | Page 4 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What Do You Think Of It? [CLOSED]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#151 Posted: 23:35:15 14/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Gee, I've noticed a few fans have been complaining about Skylanders not having Cynder in it. ..

I think it would be nice if Cynder was in it, just to see what happened between te two. But, we can't change it. I'm sure it'll be a success with or without her smilie
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#152 Posted: 23:42:14 14/03/2011
"Emo" and "gay" have completely lost their meaning. They're just thrown around when you want to give a lazy insult.
Gahh. Same words here. I always hear "gay", "stupid", "ratard", "***", and so on. (pretty much the same words you mentioned)..
It's ridiculous. And apparently it's hilarious to scribble swastikas in textbooks and on the tables.
legendsofspyro Ripto Gems: 199
#153 Posted: 08:38:09 15/03/2011
I think it's gonna suck, personally. It's like they finally butchered Spyro. It doesn't even look like Spyro these days.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#154 Posted: 14:12:02 15/03/2011
Quote: Darby
It's ridiculous. And apparently it's hilarious to scribble swastikas in textbooks and on the tables.

To a few kids in middle school, it was. It was also funny to sometimes shout "Hail Hitler".

Quote: legendsofspyro
I think it's gonna suck, personally. It's like they finally butchered Spyro. It doesn't even look like Spyro these days.

Why? Because it doesn't look like him?
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#155 Posted: 15:06:00 15/03/2011
Quote: CAV

To a few kids in middle school, it was. It was also funny to sometimes shout "Hail Hitler".

I've seen it happen. They think it's "funny", but all I think is "Vandalism and stupidity".

Back on topic, I don't really care whether Spyro looks different. The LOS designs worked out okay for me (with the exception of Sparx). And this game might actually be the game that gets me back into Spyro.
#156 Posted: 19:54:52 15/03/2011
Why? Because it doesn't look like him?

That's just part of it. I think the entire thing is the wrong direction for Spyro to go. I'd rather have Insomniac back then that. At least the Insomniac games had some charm to them. Toys? Just seems pretty dumb to me. The technology though will probably be really impressive. They have spent 3 years on it, after all. They could've spent the 3 years improving on the Legendary gameplay instead. I'll give it a try when it comes out, but I don't like the look of the whole thing. Just look at the names of the other characters...

But, yeah, Spyro does look pretty bad. And it probably won't even focus on him that much. 30 other characters they have to have some way to force screen time for.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:04:45 15/03/2011 by legendsofspyro
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#157 Posted: 20:07:27 15/03/2011
You missed the fact that Insomniac is an independent game developer. Heck, if Activision acquired Insomniac then they wouldn't be free to make their own game franchise they developed and be forced to make the game franchise they moved on from making.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:10:43 15/03/2011 by Aura24
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#158 Posted: 20:10:21 15/03/2011
He didn't say he/she wanted Insomniac style back, but that he prefers the concepts and stuff of it to this.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#159 Posted: 20:13:08 15/03/2011
Oh, well, things change. Can't stick with one character design forever while the design will possibly continue to be altered in future installments...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#160 Posted: 20:22:58 15/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
He didn't say he/she wanted Insomniac style back, but that he prefers the concepts and stuff of it to this.

That's basically asking for Insomniac back.
#161 Posted: 20:25:52 15/03/2011

That's basically asking for Insomniac back.

Which I doubt that will happen. We can't force Insomniac to make a Spyro game when they don't want to.
---
#162 Posted: 20:37:22 15/03/2011 | Topic Creator
"Emo" and "gay" have completely lost their meaning. They're just thrown around when you want to give a lazy insult.
Gahh. Same words here. I always hear "gay", "stupid", "ratard", "***", and so on. (pretty much the same words you mentioned)..

I agree with you on that one
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#163 Posted: 21:21:22 17/03/2011
As evidenced by my screen name, I'm a Legend fan. I'm not just religious about it. In my opinion, regardless of what happens to Spyro now, thank God for the Legends. I'll probably give this a try, but I'm not spending $70 dollars on it.
#164 Posted: 21:23:17 17/03/2011
Which I doubt that will happen. We can't force Insomniac to make a Spyro game when they don't want to.

They're done with the franchise. They don't want to make anymore games. These people are simply asking for the impossible.
#165 Posted: 00:00:49 18/03/2011

They're done with the franchise. They don't want to make anymore games. These people are simply asking for the impossible.

Yet they think the Spyro games will be "revived" if Insomniac makes the game. smilie
---
#166 Posted: 01:28:20 18/03/2011
Yet they think the Spyro games will be "revived" if Insomniac makes the game. smilie

Maybe it would if Insomniac made the games. But in order for that to happen, they need to make the freakin game. And they don't want to.
SpyroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1592
#167 Posted: 18:25:50 19/03/2011
I'm waiting for it....smilie
---
"Breathe, Sparx old boy...go to your happy place."
(Steam, Skype: SpyroGuy; Youtube: Sonic06FanReturns)
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#168 Posted: 18:53:16 19/03/2011
Quote: SpyroGuy

Not to be negative, but It probably won't happen.
#169 Posted: 01:10:00 20/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: semp123
Quote: SpyroGuy

Not to be negative, but It probably won't happen.

probably not -.-
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#170 Posted: 23:43:50 21/03/2011
Make no mistake, though, Insomniac's games weren't so great. A cartoony, lighthearted dragon game was a bad idea from the start.
#171 Posted: 00:33:30 22/03/2011
Make no mistake, though, Insomniac's games weren't so great. A cartoony, lighthearted dragon game was a bad idea from the start.

Not really, no, especially when that is what Spyro was from the beginning.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#172 Posted: 04:16:47 22/03/2011
I'm with CAV on this one. If they were such a bad idea, why was Spyro one of the PS1 mascots (right up there with Lara Croft) and why is it that the best selling of all the Spyro franchise is still the Insomniac games?
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#173 Posted: 21:04:15 22/03/2011

Are you kidding? It was a great idea! Dragons can be both cool and cute and appeal to both genders. Need I mention their awesome abilities? There's so many gameplay opportunities in that- plus, Insomniac had a blank canvas to work from, seeing as they're creatures of myth.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#174 Posted: 21:07:04 22/03/2011
Quote: Razz
I'm with CAV on this one. If they were such a bad idea, why was Spyro one of the PS1 mascots (right up there with Lara Croft) and why is it that the best selling of all the Spyro franchise is still the Insomniac games?

I also for got to mention this. Thanks for doing so.

I was trying to avoid saying this, but by making these comments, he's almost begging for an LoS v. Classic war. And when it happens, I'll sit on my fence and shake my head.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:07:24 22/03/2011 by CAV
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#175 Posted: 21:08:55 22/03/2011
I don't see what was so wrong in Spyro being so light-hearted, it doesn't matter when you're a kid, and I guess that is why Activision/Toys for Bob are going back to that light-hearted feeling to attract the next generation.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#176 Posted: 21:09:41 22/03/2011
But still, fans are complaining about Spyro's looks not being what they wanted him to be like and such...
---
#177 Posted: 21:10:32 22/03/2011
But still, fans are complaining about Spyro's looks not being what they wanted him to be like and such...

Ahh well who cares about them, it's their opinion.
---
#178 Posted: 21:12:16 22/03/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Well, they're complaining to Toys for Bob to make them change Spyro's looks to their liking, when they don't know that Spyro's design is a prototype...
---
#179 Posted: 21:13:02 22/03/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Well, they're complaining to Toys for Bob to make them change Spyro's looks to their liking, when they don't know that Spyro's design is a prototype...

Fair enough. I don't really want to complain about it, I'll probably get used to it personally.
---
#180 Posted: 21:43:16 22/03/2011

^this

And they refuse to respect others' opinions. Why should we respect theirs?
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#181 Posted: 22:09:05 22/03/2011
"B'aaawwww, it's not hardcore!! I wanted a MOVIE!!"
"B'awwww, it's not light-hearted!! My childhood is RUINED!! "

...You can't please them.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#182 Posted: 22:10:31 22/03/2011
How can a movie be hardcore, unless we are talking in an erotic sense?
---
#183 Posted: 22:32:19 22/03/2011
How can a movie be hardcore, unless we are talking in an erotic sense?

It could be hardcore in the sense of brutality and violence. If it has a lot of blood, guns, and people getting killed, it's considered hardcore. And I don't know why anyone would expect that from a Spyro film.
#184 Posted: 22:39:17 22/03/2011
When I think hardcore in terms of games, I think of difficulty, and when game makes me want to improve my score/time!smilie
...I don't know how that would translate into a movie though!smilie
---
#185 Posted: 22:44:42 22/03/2011
In games and movie, hardcore means 3 things to me:

1. Difficulty and challenge (games only)
2. Extreme brutality and violence, kinda like Sin City or Saw (both, but mostly films)
3. Erotic, 18+ content (both)
#186 Posted: 22:47:09 22/03/2011
I refer to number one as hardcore.
Number two as nasty.
Number three as smexy.
---
#187 Posted: 22:54:00 22/03/2011
Hardcore.
Hardcore.
Hardcore depending.

Anyway, I still don't get why anyone would expect Spyro to be hardcore.
#188 Posted: 07:53:06 23/03/2011
I hardly Spyro should be about blood and guts. And I certainly don't care how well it sold back on PS1. It was popular because that's the way they chose to release it at first. It's what they're conditioned to. You see it all the time, people complaining because it isn't the way it used to be.
#189 Posted: 09:51:15 23/03/2011
I hardly Spyro should be about blood and guts. And I certainly don't care how well it sold back on PS1. It was popular because that's the way they chose to release it at first. It's what they're conditioned to. You see it all the time, people complaining because it isn't the way it used to be.

Well that's because Insomniac made the games. What you're asking for is either:

1. Insomniac make the games again (which they don't want to).
2. The developers copy the exact same style (which is plagiarism, which is sometimes regarded as stealing, which is against the law).

You are asking for two things that aren't going to happen. Sorry, but it won't happen for a very long time.

And most people are complaining about his design, not the fac how it's not the way it used to be. Gameplay, combat, the landscapes, and more are all based off of Classic Spyro. They even said it themselves that the game was going to take him back to his roots. But no, it's not the way it used to be because of the design or because Insomniac isn't making it. I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again..........How does that work?
Kimbia28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1890
#190 Posted: 09:59:55 23/03/2011
hmm dunno if anyone else mentioned this before but...
if you take a closer look at the trailer...

you can notice that the characters when they are shown jumping (0.40 ,1.24,1.27)
they actually stand on some blue circle spring/bouncing thing that sents them jumping up...

does that mean that you cannot actually jump normally when you want in the game =/?but just when you stand on those blue spring thingies?
#191 Posted: 10:38:51 23/03/2011
^I remember seeing gameplay footage of Spyro. He was jumping normally without the springs.
#192 Posted: 20:11:42 23/03/2011
Quote: Kimbia28
hmm dunno if anyone else mentioned this before but...
if you take a closer look at the trailer...

you can notice that the characters when they are shown jumping (0.40 ,1.24,1.27)
they actually stand on some blue circle spring/bouncing thing that sents them jumping up...

does that mean that you cannot actually jump normally when you want in the game =/?but just when you stand on those blue spring thingies?

I was going to say this a while ago, but I was not 100% sure.
But also notice how some characters, like Gill Grunt, don't look like they would be able to jump at all.
---
#193 Posted: 08:21:47 24/03/2011

Well that's because Insomniac made the games. What you're asking for is either:

1. Insomniac make the games again (which they don't want to).
2. The developers copy the exact same style (which is plagiarism, which is sometimes regarded as stealing, which is against the law).

You are asking for two things that aren't going to happen. Sorry, but it won't happen for a very long time.

And most people are complaining about his design, not the fac how it's not the way it used to be. Gameplay, combat, the landscapes, and more are all based off of Classic Spyro. They even said it themselves that the game was going to take him back to his roots. But no, it's not the way it used to be because of the design or because Insomniac isn't making it. I've asked this before, and I'll ask it again..........How does that work?

A ton of games have gone downhill. It just wasn't when everybody said they would. I don't want Insomniac back, no. I want the Legends back. My point is, actually, that Skylanders will probably suck, and it doesn't have to do with Insomniac or the Legends, or otherwise. Probably it'll suck on its own as a game.
#194 Posted: 10:14:53 24/03/2011
A ton of games have gone downhill. It just wasn't when everybody said they would. I don't want Insomniac back, no. I want the Legends back. My point is, actually, that Skylanders will probably suck, and it doesn't have to do with Insomniac or the Legends, or otherwise. Probably it'll suck on its own as a game.

You're confusing me. You're name, and the contents of your post tells me you love LoS and nothing else, but in that post I quoted, you were saying how you liked how the PS1 games' direction. And in a different post, you say it was a mistake to make the games light-hearted. You're sending me mixed signals here.

But anyway, you won't get the Legends back. It was clearly stated in the magazine ads, that DotD was the last installment. When they mean "last", that means the final one, that there won't be anymore, that the story will be wrapped up. And they did that. Malefor is defeated, Cynder confesses love, they live happily ever after, the end. How can they continue something like that?

Plus, the games didn't sell well because of the dark attitude the games had taken. The games got modest scores (between the 5-8 range), compared to the original PS1 games, that got very postive scores (usually around 9), and as a result, the sales of LoS suffered. Sure a good chunk of the fanbase liked it (I did), but the general public didn't, and wanted that light-hearted feeling that was apparently a mistake in your eyes--No.....wait, it isn't since you praise it for selling so much because of that.

And lastly, who is going to make the game? EL is working on different projects now, and Krome shut down because of the recession. There is nobody to make the LoS games. If they were to do one, they would have to get a completely new developer, and odds are that developer would want to change things up in the story, kinda like how EL attempted to make DotD different from the other games. There's actually a chance that Toys For Bob was given the task of making Skylanders part of the LoS storyline, but they decided to take things in there own direction and rebooted the series.

So there. I just explained why another LoS game is out of the question. I shall now watch as you ignore it, or only read a certain piece of it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:15:24 24/03/2011 by CAV
#195 Posted: 22:27:30 26/03/2011
You sound familiar, CAV. I'm not giving you any mixed signals, either. I'm saying very clearly that, while the Legends are the best, the Insomniacs are still better then Skylander. The Legends sold well, they just didn't rank well. There's a couple of ways to continue that story on, and many more developers out there besides Krome or Etranges Libellules. I'm not starting out on a campaign to get the Legends back. I've seen how many morons do that with the other supposedly "fallen" franchises.

Just stop and think about Skylander for a second. Toys. They're actually making a game that uses toys. They've wasted 3 years developing this game that uses toys. Toys. And if that's not enough for you, just look at some of the character names. I'm not praising the lighthearted Insomniac games for being lighthearted. I'm praising them for being lighthearted, just not as explicitly stupid as Skylander is shaping up to be. Dark games are better in this day and age regardless, but there are levels of retarded that are still easier to put up with. It was a mistake, not because the public didn't like it, but because if they'd made it like the Legends from the start, the public would have liked that style instead. It's conditioning. The public would've liked anything that Spyro was back then, because of its gameplay. They connect the good (or tolerable, more like) gameplay with the lighthearted tone and say that it played a big part in making Spyro popular. It wouldn't have mattered in the end. People wouldn't have said "it's such good gameplay, but the story's ridiculously heavy-handed", because they wouldn't have had the ridiculously light-handed Insomniac "classics" to refer to in the first place. Today's critics are yesterday's kid gamers, so they're obviously going to judge games aimed at kids by their own childish standards. And the rest just repeat what they say, because they want to be a part of the majority. It all builds up till we have this generation of gamers who are all so-called "recovering" from this last generation of "bad games" from their childhoods. Or, if they really do have that same opinion, it's because of the standard set by Insomniac's frame of reference in the old games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:37 26/03/2011 by legendsofspyro
#196 Posted: 23:41:13 26/03/2011
Not going to bother with the text wall there, but I've just got to address some of this.

Quote:
the Insomniacs are still better then Skylander.

And you know this...how? I love the Insomniac games and I don't actually think Skylanders could beat them, but I obviously don't have the time travel technology you do and I haven't played the new game yet, so I'm willing to give it a chance. So, is the economy better in September 2011, since you've been there and all? smilie

Quote:
The Legends sold well, they just didn't rank well.

I hate to break it to you, but the Legends games didn't sell well even compared to other Spyro games. Of the console games, only TEN and DotD never made it to the "greatest hits" collections (ANB did, but I chalk that up to that one resonating a bit more clearly with the people who like both Spyro and bright colors). If the LoS games had done well, we'd see them coming back. It's pretty clear that wasn't the case.
#197 Posted: 06:24:44 27/03/2011
Quote: Razz
Not going to bother with the text wall there, but I've just got to address some of this.

Quote:
the Insomniacs are still better then Skylander.

And you know this...how? I love the Insomniac games and I don't actually think Skylanders could beat them, but I obviously don't have the time travel technology you do and I haven't played the new game yet, so I'm willing to give it a chance. So, is the economy better in September 2011, since you've been there and all? smilie

Quote:
The Legends sold well, they just didn't rank well.

I hate to break it to you, but the Legends games didn't sell well even compared to other Spyro games. Of the console games, only TEN and DotD never made it to the "greatest hits" collections (ANB did, but I chalk that up to that one resonating a bit more clearly with the people who like both Spyro and bright colors). If the LoS games had done well, we'd see them coming back. It's pretty clear that wasn't the case.

It's great! Even I got a job! smilie Seriously, though, you're right, I don't know the game's going to PLAY worse then the Insomniacs. Here's one thing, though. There's too many playable characters, as a start. At least that's one thing I know isn't a plus. If possible, I'll probably just play as Spyro all the time.

No way, they didn't sell as well as the old Spyro games. The reason for that is probably that they're older.
#198 Posted: 06:43:14 27/03/2011
There may be a lot of playable characters, but you only need one to finish the game, so I don't really see how that's a problem unless you're a completeist and need every last gem and gold coin before you can sleep at night. smilie

Not really. Even EtD made the greatest hits collection and it's the game that nearly killed Spyro for real, and ANB made it in there, too. I suspect people weren't fooled by/interested in TEN after having played ANB and DotD practically requires you to have played the previous two to make any sense out of it. Then, too, both DotD and TEN got hammered pretty hard by reviewers (rightfully so in most respects, though IGN's lazy excuse for a TEN review was a bit unfair).
#199 Posted: 09:59:26 27/03/2011
DotD didn't really get hammered at all, actually. It's got a 7.something on Metacritic. And most reviewers who give it an EXTREMELY negative review are pretty small and not well known....and are sometimes biased.
---
#200 Posted: 16:27:06 27/03/2011
You sound familiar, CAV. I'm not giving you any mixed signals, either. I'm saying very clearly that, while the Legends are the best, the Insomniacs are still better then Skylander. The Legends sold well, they just didn't rank well. There's a couple of ways to continue that story on, and many more developers out there besides Krome or Etranges Libellules. I'm not starting out on a campaign to get the Legends back. I've seen how many morons do that with the other supposedly "fallen" franchises.

Just stop and think about Skylander for a second. Toys. They're actually making a game that uses toys. They've wasted 3 years developing this game that uses toys. Toys. And if that's not enough for you, just look at some of the character names. I'm not praising the lighthearted Insomniac games for being lighthearted. I'm praising them for being lighthearted, just not as explicitly stupid as Skylander is shaping up to be. Dark games are better in this day and age regardless, but there are levels of retarded that are still easier to put up with. It was a mistake, not because the public didn't like it, but because if they'd made it like the Legends from the start, the public would have liked that style instead. It's conditioning. The public would've liked anything that Spyro was back then, because of its gameplay. They connect the good (or tolerable, more like) gameplay with the lighthearted tone and say that it played a big part in making Spyro popular. It wouldn't have mattered in the end. People wouldn't have said "it's such good gameplay, but the story's ridiculously heavy-handed", because they wouldn't have had the ridiculously light-handed Insomniac "classics" to refer to in the first place. Today's critics are yesterday's kid gamers, so they're obviously going to judge games aimed at kids by their own childish standards. And the rest just repeat what they say, because they want to be a part of the majority. It all builds up till we have this generation of gamers who are all so-called "recovering" from this last generation of "bad games" from their childhoods. Or, if they really do have that same opinion, it's because of the standard set by Insomniac's frame of reference in the old games.

I never met you before, so I don't know how I can be familiar to you.

How do you know Insomniac's games are better than Skylanders? Did you play Skylanders? Were you at the toy fair to play it?

Legends didn't sell well. They tanked in sales compared to every other Spyro game. There is no way to continue it without bending the rules and creating a giant plothole. And yes there are different developers, that will want to take the franchise in a new direction. Toys For Bob is taking it in a new direction with Skylanders.

Toys. What is the problem? It's something that nobody ever did before, and it's working from what critics are saying. Plus, it will get kids to buy the game, and the kids are the target audience. Well of course you'll find it stupid. It's for kids, not for teens or adults. You're not suppose to expect something serious and "epic" like LoS.

If dark games are better in this day in age, then why is Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, LittleBigPlanet, and to a lesser extent Sonic still selling millions? What you just did was generalize and describe why so many people hate this generation of gaming. Yes, dark games are good. But so are light-hearted cheery games.

No, no no no no. The public would not have liked Spyro if he was dark from the start. NOBODY would've liked that. Who would play a game about a cute purple dragon whom is depressed. The ONE and ONLY time that worked was with Conker, and that was a sleeper hit. Spyro wouldn't be the big figure he is now if the games didn't start off being cheery and positive. Why are you thinking it would work? Because it's not how everyone wants it. At this point, you're only saying what YOU want. And it doesn't work that way.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me