First | Page 2 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What Do You Think Of It? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#51 Posted: 19:30:46 10/03/2011
Wait, what?
Nobody here said they hated it.....my sig is just a joke, taking the piss of the sudden craze.....it's a substitute for my avatar last night, which was a tad too disturbing for some!smilie

And are you referring to Spike or Spyro?smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#52 Posted: 19:32:16 10/03/2011
Quote: Razz
Okay, now it makes more sense. Haha, FiM strikes again! smilie If the Internet Hate Machine can't withstand them, what hope does a tiny fan forum about a purple dragon have? smilie

I still don't get the hype about it. It just appeared out of nowhere. I didn't even knew it existed. I also didn't know it was MLP. I thought it was a unicorn thing.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#53 Posted: 19:38:43 10/03/2011
Internet Hate Machine = 4chan and /co/, the most infamous and spiteful site on the web at this time.

I'm a bit mystefied by the hype myself at times, but FiM is a good show. As someone who grew up with the original MLP I was really surprised to see it made into something as nice as FiM. Also, I'm a huge Applejack, Zecora, and Rainbow Dash fan. smilie Spike is great, too.
#54 Posted: 19:50:21 10/03/2011
I never bothered with 4chan. It sucks, therefore it is.

I don't know. It doesn't look like anything I would remotely enjoy (I'm a dude, so that obviously plays a factor smilie), and why it's so popular confuses me to no end. It's like one day your minding your own business, and the next, BOOM, you see ponies all over the ****ing place.
#55 Posted: 19:56:01 10/03/2011
I watched the first episode today, and I didn't really like it. I might watch more, but it will be a challenge. And as I said to someone else, I wouldn't mind if it was a few girl friends forcing me to watch it with them(it's not like my male friends would!smilie), but when a nearly 16 year old boy is watching something like that on his own, it looks kind of sad.

The animation is brilliant though, I'll give it that.
---
#56 Posted: 20:00:19 10/03/2011
Ah, there's your problem CAV: you haven't watched it. I'm as butch as women get without being a body builder and my husband has more facial hair than Paul Bunyan and we have an entire herd of FiM ponies under my desk. smilie Seriously, give the show a watch (you can find it all on YouTube). If you aren't hooked by the time the gay sea serpent shows up in the second part of the first episode or after seeing "Applebuck Season", it's probably not the show for you.

Hey, that's unfair, SB. Most of the biggest FiM fans are in their 30s and 40s. A 16-year-old watching and enjoying the show is no less sad than anyone over the age of 10 enjoying the Spyro games.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#57 Posted: 20:07:37 10/03/2011
Brawler wins the prize for his explanation. smilie

But I have to agree with Razz; I used to love the original series and some slightly newer ones, too, but I'd never have imagined it would- could- turn into something as witty and fresh as FiM! I hope that SSA will do the same.

...Only problem is, I'm the sort of person who gets attatched to characters, and there are some missing from FiM that I loved when I was younger- and even more missing from SSA! Oh well.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#58 Posted: 20:12:56 10/03/2011
Ah, there's your problem CAV: you haven't watched it. I'm as butch as women get without being a body builder and my husband has more facial hair than Paul Bunyan and we have an entire herd of FiM ponies under my desk. smilie Seriously, give the show a watch (you can find it all on YouTube). If you aren't hooked by the time the gay sea serpent shows up in the second part of the first episode or after seeing "Applebuck Season", it's probably not the show for you.

Why do you think I'm not saying the show sucks? Because I haven't watched it, therefore I don't have an opinion. I just don't think I would enjoy it.

I'll try to watch it when nobody is around and is wondering why I'm watching a show about ponies. smilie
#59 Posted: 20:15:36 10/03/2011

Hey, that's unfair, SB. Most of the biggest FiM fans are in their 30s and 40s. A 16-year-old watching and enjoying the show is no less sad than anyone over the age of 10 enjoying the Spyro games.

...But they are female, you see.
And I forgot to mention I'm Irish, and still living in Ireland. As I said on WereCat's GB, I would NEVER hear the end of it. smilie

I don't hate it, I just didn't really like it.
....And at least I gave it a chance by actually watching the first episode.smilie
---
#60 Posted: 20:16:53 10/03/2011
Don't be embarassed about watching a show about ponies; for God's sake, haven't you noticed your on a Spyro the Dragon fansite?! smilie
---
#61 Posted: 20:22:01 10/03/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
Don't be embarassed about watching a show about ponies; for God's sake, haven't you noticed your on a Spyro the Dragon fansite?! smilie

For starters, I was cringing nearly the whole episode, and noticed similarities to 3 video game franchises within the first minute.
The only time I laughed was because of unintentional dirty humour.

And Spyro is well liked where I live.
It's also easy for a boy to like. He's a DRAGON! :B
---
#62 Posted: 20:31:16 10/03/2011

My family doesn't know that I'm on a Spyro fansite. smilie They barely know anything about me other than the fact that I play games and that I go on the internet. They don't know where or what. smilie
#63 Posted: 20:32:05 10/03/2011
The show's entire tone and focus changes after the first episode. I recommend watching "Applebuck Season" before making a final call.

My Scottish friend who works in the Air Force and my other friend who is a Marine (both male and over 20) love this show. You're argument about the show making you seem less masculine doesn't hold much water as a result. smilie As an adult, I can safely tell you that nobody gives a hoot what you watch/play. If you like it, as long as it's not insanely illegal, it's all good. The only people who actually care about image in this regard are kids, and you guys will grow out of that (or at least transfer it to other things where it matters, like the world of work).
#64 Posted: 20:35:12 10/03/2011
I'm a 14 year old girl, so, while it's not so bad for me, I would rather die then tell anyone at school that I watch it :B

Quote: sonicbrawler182

For starters, I was cringing nearly the whole episode, and noticed similarities to 3 video game franchises within the first minute.
The only time I laughed was because of unintentional dirty humour.

And Spyro is well liked where I live.
It's also easy for a boy to like. He's a DRAGON! :B

Pssh, the first two episodes are only to set the show; it really begins afterwards! And, Brawler, are you a cartoon lover?
---
#65 Posted: 20:38:14 10/03/2011
The show's entire tone and focus changes after the first episode. I recommend watching "Applebuck Season" before making a final call.

My Scottish friend who works in the Air Force and my other friend who is a Marine (both male and over 20) love this show. You're argument about the show making you seem less masculine doesn't hold much water as a result. smilie As an adult, I can safely tell you that nobody gives a hoot what you watch/play. If you like it, as long as it's not insanely illegal, it's all good. The only people who actually care about image in this regard are kids, and you guys will grow out of that (or at least transfer it to other things where it matters, like the world of work).

Again, I live in Ireland....
Trust me luv, Ireland is WAAAAAY different to the States!smilie

I don't think I will be less masculine, I don't give a **** about masculinity to be honest.
I just get too much attention in my area as is.

Also, my friend is trying to get me into another show, and I have really been enjoying it!smilie
My brother is doing the same to me with another show too.
I have also started watching a hilarious YouTube series.
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4185
#66 Posted: 20:39:11 10/03/2011
Quote: CAV

My family doesn't know that I'm on a Spyro fansite. smilie They barely know anything about me other than the fact that I play games and that I go on the internet. They don't know where or what. smilie

Same here. My parents don't even know that I can speak English. smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#67 Posted: 20:40:46 10/03/2011
Actually, FiM is currently most popular with adults..... MALE adults. I'm not a fan of girly stuff, but not even I can resist MLP. Faust did an amazing job.

.....I actually find FiM more mature/manly than DotD though, so.... *dodges attacks*
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#68 Posted: 20:42:16 10/03/2011
It doesn't sound like it from what I've heard. Honestly, what you're describing sounds like middle/high school in a small town and nothing different. I've got another friend who does live in Ireland and he loves FiM, too.

Watching something you like more is a good reason, though. smilie I still say give FiM another chance when you have time. I read all of the Twilight books and watched all three of the movies before firmly declaring that I hate them. smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#69 Posted: 20:45:04 10/03/2011
I actually know a couple of guys in Ireland who like it too. :3
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#70 Posted: 20:51:07 10/03/2011

Meh. Like I said. I can never be arsed to explain things to my father, and I don't plan to now. For the most part, it's simply that I don't want to sit down. And my younger brother can be an ass about these kind of things. I'm not trying to make an argument, since there's no argument to be made. I'd rather just watch it when I'm alone (which is actually very common).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:29 10/03/2011 by CAV
#71 Posted: 20:57:53 10/03/2011
Do they live in Navan?
I probably should of said Navan....

No, my whole family would be on my case. I have gotten into a serious argument with my brother on more than one occassion over being into video games and liking Sonic. And it has happened to me with other people too. I can handle it with Sonic, but MLP would be a hard one. smilie

I don't play DotD or any Spyro game because it seems manly(....really now? Spyro? Manly?smilie), I play it because it's fun for me. I doubt wandering around a virtual environment admiring the not-real scenery is considered manly!smilie

@WereCat: Yeah, I do....why do you ask? I thought it was pretty clear that I did?smilie
---
#72 Posted: 21:00:21 10/03/2011
If I wanted to look manly, I wouldn't play Sonic, Spyro, Mario, Kirby, Crash, and anything else from Nintendo, nor would I watch animated films.
#73 Posted: 21:00:41 10/03/2011
Audiences
This video is most popular with: Gender Age
Female 13-17
Male 18-24
Male 25-34

...Do I need to explain? And, seriously, you guys need to cool it- most of you are teenagers, not even legally adults yet, so what's the harm in watching a decent cartoon?
---
#74 Posted: 21:03:14 10/03/2011
When was I freaking out? Like I said, I just don't want to have to explain it to people. I didn't say I wasn't going to give it a shot.
#75 Posted: 21:04:29 10/03/2011
.....We all know why the Male 25-34 group like it...lol, I kid, I kid!smilie

I DID watch an episode.
And cool it? What do you mean?smilie
And it's as I said, I have more unwanted attention than I'd like as is.....one of the reasons being really obscure....
---
#76 Posted: 21:07:02 10/03/2011
Woah, so many comments in 10 minutes... Are we returning to be active like before SSA was announced? I hope so!
#77 Posted: 21:09:35 10/03/2011
Quote: zzsdf
Woah, so many comments in 10 minutes... Are we returning to be active like before SSA was announced? I hope so!

Beats me.

We're active, but off-topic. smilie
#78 Posted: 21:10:43 10/03/2011
BTW, if anyone wants to know, there is an MLP:FiM thread in Idle Chatter.
And I'm not saying this because I don't like our discussion, but because you guys DO tell me to stay on-topic!smilie
---
#79 Posted: 21:11:22 10/03/2011

Beats me.

Were we on topic before SSA? smilie
#80 Posted: 21:13:40 10/03/2011

Beats me.

Yeah but no but yeah but....
---
#81 Posted: 21:17:20 10/03/2011

Beats me.

The correct answer is: NO! Every topic became something different after 20-30 comments. And it was fun! smilie Remember the love calculator thing? smilie
#82 Posted: 21:22:41 10/03/2011

The correct answer is: NO! Every topic became something different after 20-30 comments. And it was fun! smilie Remember the love calculator thing? smilie

....Thanks for reminding me....smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:36 10/03/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#83 Posted: 21:23:15 10/03/2011
*Why would you need to explain why you watch MLP- you're not going to be telling anyone! smilie*

And, ooh, love calculator! http://www.lovecalculator.com/
...Brawler and My Little Pony got a 65% :/
---
#84 Posted: 21:23:34 10/03/2011
I see no Yoko.
#85 Posted: 21:29:20 10/03/2011
Stupid pic didn't work....smilie

Why do people love putting me in that?smilie
First they put me with fictional characters, then other male useres, and now A SHOW!!???

*Conker voice*
Greeeeaaat......
---
#86 Posted: 21:48:43 10/03/2011
CAV and MLP got a 97.....
#87 Posted: 21:52:15 10/03/2011
^ WOW!
#88 Posted: 22:01:43 10/03/2011
Love Calculator is bunk; it says my husband and I only have a 45% chance of working. 3+ years of marriage says otherwise. smilie
#89 Posted: 22:03:15 10/03/2011
Love Calculator is bunk; it says my husband and I only have a 45% chance of working. 3+ years of marriage says otherwise. smilie

We just do it for the craic, we know it's not true!smilie
---
#90 Posted: 22:04:26 10/03/2011
Haha, I know you do and I know it's not true. I'm a woman of science and I don't seriously buy into stuff like this. smilie
#91 Posted: 22:08:45 10/03/2011
Yeah, same, except for being a woman. I am but a boi. :B
smilie

Hmm...I'll watch more MLP sometime....if I don't like it, I'll just make fun of it. And someone is bound to make an abridged series of it!smilie
---
#92 Posted: 22:29:21 10/03/2011
Here's an FiM vid I think you'll like, SB. smilie Sonic Boom (Stoker loves this thing smilie)
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#93 Posted: 23:11:06 10/03/2011
I love how this topic is suddenly talking about My Little Pony. smilie
#94 Posted: 23:21:27 10/03/2011
That's just what happens when ponies get brought up. smilie They're just that powerful! smilie
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#95 Posted: 00:23:09 11/03/2011
Okay, I've looked at things a bit more, watched several different videos and interviews. I have a little bit better hopes for the game, but I still fear for it. It still looked like it's going to have Smash Bros. style of gameplay (with the characters and the unique abilities and all) with what looks like possible a better combat system.

I still hope that they do include some of the original characters and some of the legend's characters as options later on. The graphics I still think are abysmal and could have been much better done. I understand that they were trying to make them a feeling that you could get attached to, but Spyro looks horrible and the others look somewhat blocky. It may have just been because it was the beta and was still in production, (the blockiness I'm talking about.)

I will say I like the aspect of having the saving device on the character, but I'm still wary about having the extra pieces. I'll agree with what CAV said that "we" are responsible adults, but does anyone here nave nieces or nephews? Younger Siblings, or if old enough even children of your own? It wouldn't be a an issue for most of us, but for anyone with small children the risk of something unexpected happening escalates. Hopefully it will come with some type of special case that will help keep the pieces in optimum working condition when not in use.

The platform itself also worries me. With more and more game stores going to a no-return policy after opened, you can only sell it back as used. It concerns me as to how much that would ultimately cost to replace if that sensor went out in the platform. Also, will the platform be powered by batteries or by the console? that could get expensive as well. Like I said, I have a bit more respect for the game itself, but some of the things in the game will either make it amazing if it works or kill it if it doesn't.

Overall, I still foresee this as a wait and see game. One that unfortunately still doesn't have a rent-before-purchase option.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:48 11/03/2011 by Elazar
#96 Posted: 00:24:10 11/03/2011
That's just what happens when ponies get brought up. smilie They're just that powerful! smilie

Indeed! smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#97 Posted: 00:48:06 11/03/2011
Okay, okay, back on topic, everyone. If you want to talk about My Little Pony, go to the topic in the Idle Chatter section...

Quote: Elazar
Okay, I've looked at things a bit more, watched several different videos and interviews. I have a little bit better hopes for the game, but I still fear for it. It still looked like it's going to have Smash Bros. style of gameplay (with the characters and the unique abilities and all) with what looks like possible a better combat system.

I still hope that they do include some of the original characters and some of the legend's characters as options later on. The graphics I still think are abysmal and could have been much better done. I understand that they were trying to make them a feeling that you could get attached to, but Spyro looks horrible and the others look somewhat blocky. It may have just been because it was the beta and was still in production, (the blockiness I'm talking about.)

I will say I like the aspect of having the saving device on the character, but I'm still wary about having the extra pieces. I'll agree with what CAV said that "we" are responsible adults, but does anyone here nave nieces or nephews? Younger Siblings, or if old enough even children of your own? It wouldn't be a an issue for most of us, but for anyone with small children the risk of something unexpected happening escalates. Hopefully it will come with some type of special case that will help keep the pieces in optimum working condition when not in use.

The platform itself also worries me. With more and more game stores going to a no-return policy after opened, you can only sell it back as used. It concerns me as to how much that would ultimately cost to replace if that sensor went out in the platform. Also, will the platform be powered by batteries or by the console? that could get expensive as well. Like I said, I have a bit more respect for the game itself, but some of the things in the game will either make it amazing if it works or kill it if it doesn't.

Overall, I still foresee this as a wait and see game. One that unfortunately still doesn't have a rent-before-purchase option.

I'm sure there will be one when the game is near completion, and when other details are revealed.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#98 Posted: 02:55:51 11/03/2011
Quote: Aura24
Okay, okay, back on topic, everyone. If you want to talk about My Little Pony, go to the topic in the Idle Chatter section...

Quote: Elazar

I'm sure there will be one when the game is near completion, and when other details are revealed.

I find it funny that you're like the only person that's telling us that we're going off-topic. I know we are, but it's funny to me.

Someone doesn't like pony talk. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#99 Posted: 03:08:44 11/03/2011
Don't get me wrong, I like MiP as well, but it is indeed off-topic, especially in a Spyro Skylanders topic...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#100 Posted: 03:14:55 11/03/2011
Oh, you do? Well, sorry about that. I don't like seeing good topics going off-topic either. I wasn't apart of this conversation until recently.

Anyway, yeah, sorry about that. smilie;
First | Page 2 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me