Page 1 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What Do You Think Of It? [CLOSED]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#1 Posted: 20:12:08 06/03/2011 | Topic Creator
I am not too excited about it, but I won't know how it is until I try it.
But... if you want my opinion about how Spyro looks, to me he looks like some creature from Spore :3
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 20:13:08 06/03/2011
The game has promise.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#3 Posted: 20:16:16 06/03/2011
I'm not that impressed, but I might give it a try, possibly.. :/
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4 Posted: 21:24:50 06/03/2011
Meh, I'm starting to lose hope... smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#5 Posted: 01:38:36 07/03/2011
Sounds like it'll be fun.
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#6 Posted: 02:00:16 07/03/2011
I personally think it looks GREAT.

Because I haven't been interested in Spyro since the original three games. :/
Spyro's design is adorable and lovable. <3
And it doesn't have Cynder... which makes me want it even more. :'D *sobs with joy*
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#7 Posted: 08:49:35 07/03/2011
I'm vaguely interested, but not overly excited. I like Spyro's design a lot and I'm slowly warming up to Trigger Happy and Stealth Elf, though I am a bit nonplussed that there is (so far) only one girl in the entire cast line up and a generic one at that. The gameplay looks like some fun simple platforming and I like the toy concept (it's interesting). All in all, I'm mildly optimistic but this isn't really a game I'm excited about yet.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#8 Posted: 21:13:09 07/03/2011
I'm interrested in the game. but, i hate the cost of the toys.

EDIT: The Starter pack. I hate the cost of the starter pack not the toys.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:29 27/03/2011 by spyrocrash
Elazar Blue Sparx Gems: 536
#9 Posted: 04:52:34 10/03/2011
Personally, after seeing trailers, This game is going to kill spyro. The graphics are better, and for the love of spyro, "I" could right a better storyline than to use "Action figures" as characters. This is going to kill the spyro series.

@Poppy: Cynder was my favorite character in Spyro since she was debuted. Her character and personality was the only one that had any depth in it at all. The fact that she is not in this game, also makes me not want to buy it on top of the poor graphics (in my opinion) and a cheesy story to collect action figures.

Personally, again, I think this game will be the death of spyro, and if they even try to make a sequal to this later on, I will boycott Activision until they sell the rights to a company that can actually do good for the series rather than kill it and use it as a cash cow.
#10 Posted: 05:00:34 10/03/2011
Hilariously, in spite of all the fan whining, this game is so far the most successful Spyro thing since Insomniac had him. I know I sure haven't heard people outside the fandom talking excitedly about the franchise since then, but all of the press (something else no Spyro game has really gotten since the old days) has been overwhelmingly positive.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 05:00:53 10/03/2011
Quote: Elazar
Personally, after seeing trailers, This game is going to kill spyro. The graphics are better, and for the love of spyro, "I" could right a better storyline than to use "Action figures" as characters. This is going to kill the spyro series.

@Poppy: Cynder was my favorite character in Spyro since she was debuted. Her character and personality was the only one that had any depth in it at all. The fact that she is not in this game, also makes me not want to buy it on top of the poor graphics (in my opinion) and a cheesy story to collect action figures.

Personally, again, I think this game will be the death of spyro, and if they even try to make a sequal to this later on, I will boycott Activision until they sell the rights to a company that can actually do good for the series rather than kill it and use it as a cash cow.

Boycotting Activision isn't going to change anything anyways. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#12 Posted: 05:11:20 10/03/2011
I'd still like to know why everyone thinks LoS wasn't a cash cow, or even the Insomniac trilogy, when they were literally no better (and sometimes far worse) than Skylanders in that regard. At least we're getting a finished game this time (EtD anyone?) and they hired real writers (LoS was "written" by the two producers).
#13 Posted: 05:13:14 10/03/2011
Obviously, they probably didn't read the whole details on the Writers and the amount of time Activision gave Toys for Bob for Skylanders to be made, only looking at the screenshots, Spyro's character design, the game idea of having toys, and other little details. And there are some Spyro fans who are dedicated to hating Activision and their ways of making money...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:17:28 10/03/2011 by Aura24
#14 Posted: 06:21:45 10/03/2011
Because LoS Had a story. Albeit a cliche'd story, but a story no less. It wasn't a random series of games that had no connection with the previous games at all. There was no depth to characters in the original series and there was no plot at all. A continuous plot was the one thing that made the Legend series good.

And by the way, the reason TLoS was published under two different writers was because Kronos went under during it's development and Sierra took over the story writing for the last game of the series, which was then bought out by activision. Activision had nothing to do with the legend games. DotD was already set to release before Actvision took over. Actvision bought out Sierra in april of 2008, and DotD was released in october, no correlation between the two. Actvision's logo was only on the box because of the purchase. Nothing more.

That's what really irks me, I could care less if they had stuck with the legend series or not, but give a meaningful plot that can actually develop the characters. The only character that is in the game from any old spyro game is Spyro. There is no Guardians, no cynder, no ember no flame, None of the originals are there. All have been replaced by random Action figures that had nothing to do with the series at all. This game has no connection with any past game of spyro.

THAT is why this is nothing more than a cash cow, and according to the article, you receive three toys at the purchase of the game. What is even the guarantee that one if them WILL be spyro? you'll have to spend more money on expansions just to get the "main character" of the game. and then spend Even more money to get other characters that you want to play. That is why this game is a cash cow for actvision and the legends weren't. Regardless of what you want in this game, to beat the entire game, you have to do more than just buy the game, but but all the accessory toys that go with it. That is the pinnacle definition of a cash cow, and that is why I already hate this game. It's not even to where the original series was. I don't even see how the spyro originals could like this game
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:26:16 10/03/2011 by Elazar
#15 Posted: 06:32:42 10/03/2011
Actually, Elazar, it has been confirmed that Spyro will be in every starter pack copy of Skylanders, if you had actually read the full details... smilie

And the game has been confirmed to be another reboot, but it's based on the Original Spyro from the PS1 days. Does it really matter to you if Cynder, or the other LoS characters or Original characters aren't in the game that would make you feel so annoyed that you would try to boycott Activision all because it doesn't have what you want in it?

Geez, hating on Activision all because they are a cash cow is getting old. And I don't see anything negative to the Spyro series from them so far.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 06:41:13 10/03/2011 by Aura24
#16 Posted: 06:45:54 10/03/2011
Quote: Aura24
Actually, Elazar, it has been confirmed that Spyro will be in every starter pack copy of Skylanders, if you had actually read the full details... smilie

And the game has been confirmed to be another reboot, but it's based on the Original Spyro from the PS1 days. Does it really matter to you if Cynder, or the other LoS characters or Original characters aren't in the game that would make you feel so annoyed that you would try to boycott Activision all because it doesn't have what you want in it?

Geez, hating on Activision all because they are a cash cow is getting old. And I don't see anything negative to the Spyro series from them so far.

That's the point though, how can they claim that it's based on the originals if it has nothing from the originals in it? I hate it because the only thing it has to do with spyro, is just that. Spyro. When I see something claiming to the originals. I expect to see original characters, not something that has absolutely nothing to do with the originals at all. The only thing it is has in common with the originals is that it's random. other than that, I see no comparison between the two.

And like I mentioned. This is the first game Activision has played a part in with the spyro series. DoTD was already finished when Actvision bought out Vivendi and Sierra entertainment. So of course there's been nothing negative from them before. I'll reserve final judgement of the game when it comes out. I don't like how things are looking though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:49:43 10/03/2011 by Elazar
#17 Posted: 06:47:52 10/03/2011
There has been references discovered in Skylanders, referencing to both Classic and Legend Spyro. The developers have been researching the Classic games and Legend games obviously for ideas.

I suggest you look around for more details of Skylanders before you spout something that you don't about in this game that is still in development that everyone else knows.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:48:14 10/03/2011 by Aura24
SpyroSparxfan1 Gold Sparx Gems: 2898
#18 Posted: 11:25:08 10/03/2011
And also the key word being 'based'. The whole game in its entirety is going to be 'based' off of the originals. Based, not meaning its going to be an original game, they are basing it around some central ideas from the originals. Aura has found past game references from past Spyro games in Skylanders, and she even made a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700X0QCuBWA Theres the link.
---
The feeling of an end, rather than the feeling of ongoing suffering.. What would be the better choice?
#19 Posted: 12:20:03 10/03/2011
Guys, why are you all jumping on Elazar for stating their opinion. They even said they will try the game. And they gave valid reasons to dislike it.

You guys have been whining over people whining over Spyro's design, and then when someone gives some nice reasons, you jump on them. This is just getting ridiculous. The topic was made so people can state their opinion. Elazar is the only one that got any reaction, and this shouldn't be the case. They are entitled to what they think.
---
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#20 Posted: 14:00:40 10/03/2011
I think it looks very promising. Sure, many teens won't be interested, but this game isn't aimed at them anyway.
Like Poppy, I'm glad Cynder isn't in it, to be honest. DotD ruined her for me, sadly.

Story doesn't bother me much, but then again, storylines in videogames don't bother me unless they're too terrible. I'd rather have no story than a poorly directed one, really.

The gameplay looks simple, but hey - I like that. The whole 32 characters to complete it doesn't bother me either (thought mainly because I do have an AR in case of emergency).
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#21 Posted: 14:37:41 10/03/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Guys, why are you all jumping on Elazar for stating their opinion. They even said they will try the game. And they gave valid reasons to dislike it.

You guys have been whining over people whining over Spyro's design, and then when someone gives some nice reasons, you jump on them. This is just getting ridiculous. The topic was made so people can state their opinion. Elazar is the only one that got any reaction, and this shouldn't be the case. They are entitled to what they think.

thank you.

When I look for games, I look for games that have a story. I am a novelist myself, and the lack of a story makes me cringe inside, of course it doesn't help that I've had game companies like BioWare putting out amazing games right and left. If BioWare was able to get ahold of the spyro series, I can guarantee you that they would give it an amazing story with the open world and graphics to boot. BioWare does everything that activision can't or is not willing to spend the money to do.

Of course it depends on a multitude of things on if I can even try the game to begin with. The fact that you have to have multiple peices that are required in order to play the game means that renting first is not an option. This also means that if you somehow "lose" the spyro piece that would be required to play as him, then you can't play as spyro anymore. I REALLY don't like that. All of that information should be stored IN the game not rely on an external source, that is bad development on their part. Also, there is no "toys 'R Us" in my city so if they finalize the "exclusive release" then I can't get it, and if it's released only for the Wii I still couldn't do anything because I don't own a wii.

not to mention this that I found:

Quote:
This is the first installment of the "Skylanders" series. Activision added Spyro because of it's recognition among all fans out there. Basically, once Spyro has captured newcomers - the company can decide to keep this new series going on, or if enough attention, put him into an entirely new game

This only supports my cash cow claim because they wanted to draw people to the series. This game wasn't originally designed as a spyro game, which gives me even more wary of it. When activision first got ahold of Spyro I was happy, but after hearing about all the lawsuits that they've gotten themselves into by not paying developers, and now this release. I want to be hopeful, but I think activision is the worst thing that's happened to the series. and yes, the game has been in production for two years, that still doesn't mean that A) it's going to be good, and B.) doesn't mean it' going to be a spyro game. To me, this looks like Activision's version of Smash Bros. with Spyro as a playable character.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:12:45 10/03/2011 by Elazar
#22 Posted: 14:39:17 10/03/2011

We're not jumping on Elazar for his opinions. Elazar doesn't know about certain details of the game, and I already suggested to him to look at the updated information on the game before talking about features in the game that he doesn't know about that's already been announced.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:41:14 10/03/2011 by Aura24
#23 Posted: 14:47:25 10/03/2011
Mhm.

Although for you who keep complaining there's no TRU near you - You can order online. If you can't do that for one reason or another, well..... I guess it's just tough. That's how a company would see it.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#24 Posted: 14:51:02 10/03/2011

thank you.

When I look for games, I look for games that have a story. I am a novelist myself, and the lack of a story makes me cringe inside, of course it doesn't help that I've had game companies like BioWare putting out amazing games right and left. If BioWare was able to get ahold of the spyro series, I can guarantee you that they would give it an amazing story with the open world and graphics to boot. BioWare does everything that activision can't or is not willing to spend the money to do.

Of course it depends on a multitude of things on if I can even try the game to begin with. The fact that you have to have multiple peices that are required in order to play the game means that renting first is not an option. This also means that if you somehow "lose" the spyro piece that would be required to play as him, then you can't play as spyro anymore. I REALLY don't like that. All of that information should be stored IN the game not rely on an external source, that is bad development on their part. Also, there is no "toys 'R Us" in my city so if they finalize the "exclusive release" then I can't get it, and if it's released only for the Wii I still couldn't do anything because I don't own a wii.

not to mention this that I found:

Quote:
This is the first installment of the "Skylanders" series. Activision added Spyro because of it's recognition among all fans out there. Basically, once Spyro has captured newcomers - the company can decide to keep this new series going on, or if enough attention, put him into an entirely new game

This only supports my cash cow claim because they wanted to draw people to the series. This game wasn't originally designed as a spyro game, which gives me even more wary of it. When activision first got ahold of Spyro I was happy, but after hearing about all the lawsuits that they've gotten themselves into by not paying developers, and now this release. I want to be hopeful, but I think activision is the worst thing that's happened to the series. and yes, the game has been in production for two years, that still doesn't mean that A) it's going to be good, and smilie doesn't mean it' going to be a spyro game. To me, this looks like Activision's version of Smash Bros. with Spyro as a playable character.

Yeah, I agree with most of this.

One thing I don't understand is why they chose Spyro for this. I can think of more popular things. In fact, I think they'd be better of making a game like this based off a TV series, like My Little Pony, which is extremely popular at the moment. While Activision don't hold any rights to MLP as far as I know, I think they could come to some agreement.

And Aura, Elazar had most of the details.
And those references have not been confirmed to be intentional yet, so they're not actually references at the moment. The only ones that looks intentional is the sheep thing, Spyro's bio, and the element symbols, but again, they have not been confirmed.
---
#25 Posted: 14:54:16 10/03/2011
In Aura's defense, it's hard to tell if anything is intentional anyway.

It's quite easy to see why they chose Spyro though - He was once an incredibly popular character, already has an existing fanbase, already been rebooted once before, and he does fit in perfectly for this game. It's not that easy to obtain licenses either.
---
#26 Posted: 14:56:21 10/03/2011
Quote: Spyroo
In Aura's defense, it's hard to tell if anything is intentional anyway.

It's quite easy to see why they chose Spyro though - He was once an incredibly popular character, already has an existing fanbase, already been rebooted once before, and he does fit in perfectly for this game. It's not that easy to obtain licenses either.

I do think he's fitted for this kind of thing, but I think they took the wrong approach.
---
#27 Posted: 15:06:19 10/03/2011
Quote: Razz
Hilariously, in spite of all the fan whining, this game is so far the most successful Spyro thing since Insomniac had him. I know I sure haven't heard people outside the fandom talking excitedly about the franchise since then, but all of the press (something else no Spyro game has really gotten since the old days) has been overwhelmingly positive.

^this

Because LoS Had a story. Albeit a cliche'd story, but a story no less. It wasn't a random series of games that had no connection with the previous games at all. There was no depth to characters in the original series and there was no plot at all. A continuous plot was the one thing that made the Legend series good.

And by the way, the reason TLoS was published under two different writers was because Kronos went under during it's development and Sierra took over the story writing for the last game of the series, which was then bought out by activision. Activision had nothing to do with the legend games. DotD was already set to release before Actvision took over. Actvision bought out Sierra in april of 2008, and DotD was released in october, no correlation between the two. Actvision's logo was only on the box because of the purchase. Nothing more.

That's what really irks me, I could care less if they had stuck with the legend series or not, but give a meaningful plot that can actually develop the characters. The only character that is in the game from any old spyro game is Spyro. There is no Guardians, no cynder, no ember no flame, None of the originals are there. All have been replaced by random Action figures that had nothing to do with the series at all. This game has no connection with any past game of spyro.

THAT is why this is nothing more than a cash cow, and according to the article, you receive three toys at the purchase of the game. What is even the guarantee that one if them WILL be spyro? you'll have to spend more money on expansions just to get the "main character" of the game. and then spend Even more money to get other characters that you want to play. That is why this game is a cash cow for actvision and the legends weren't. Regardless of what you want in this game, to beat the entire game, you have to do more than just buy the game, but but all the accessory toys that go with it. That is the pinnacle definition of a cash cow, and that is why I already hate this game. It's not even to where the original series was. I don't even see how the spyro originals could like this game

LoS had a story. Yeah. Skylanders is being written by the guys that wrote Toy Story. So Skylanders is also going to have a story. Read into things, will ya?

And are you telling me the Classic games didn't have a story? Do you mind playing the games again?

And the only thing LoS and Classic have in common is the fact that there's a purple dragon and his dragonfly friend. Yes, I know I'm not mentioning Hunter, because I consider them two different beings.

Kronos? Who's Kronos? I know about Krome. But who the hell is Kronos?

Yes, DotD was set to be released when Activision absorbed Sierra. That you have right.

The game is a REBOOT. Do you know what reboot means? It means the slate is getting cleaned. LoS was a reboot, and all of the old characters kicked the bucket. Same thing is happening here. Old characters are not going to be here, because it's a freakin reboot.

And it's garenteed that it's Spyro. Spyro, Gill Grunt, and someone else (Trigger Happy?).

If buying the toys is a cash cow, then I guess every game is a cash cow for having DLC, because that's what Skylanders is. DLC. It's nowhere different from when Capcom made DLC for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and released it on the same day as the game. Are you whining about that too?

Please read the details instead of just looking at the trailer and screenshots.

That's the point though, how can they claim that it's based on the originals if it has nothing from the originals in it? I hate it because the only thing it has to do with spyro, is just that. Spyro. When I see something claiming to the originals. I expect to see original characters, not something that has absolutely nothing to do with the originals at all. The only thing it is has in common with the originals is that it's random. other than that, I see no comparison between the two.

And like I mentioned. This is the first game Activision has played a part in with the spyro series. DoTD was already finished when Actvision bought out Vivendi and Sierra entertainment. So of course there's been nothing negative from them before. I'll reserve final judgement of the game when it comes out. I don't like how things are looking though.

Maybe it's based on the originals in terms of GAMEPLAY, the thing that's most important in a GAME? I look at Spyro's gameplay, and I see the original mixed with LoS. It doesn't have to have the original characters in there to be based off of the originals.

Yeah, this is the first game Activision has PUBLISHED, not developed, published. If you are to complain to anyone, complain/blame it on Toys For Bob.

Please do your research before opening your mind again.

Oh, and just because Cynder isn't in the game doesn't mean the game will suck. I'm saying this because I recall you saying that earlier.
#28 Posted: 15:44:14 10/03/2011
Quote:
LoS had a story. Yeah. Skylanders is being written by the guys that wrote Toy Story. So Skylanders is also going to have a story. Read into things, will ya?

I did look into things. In the game you play as a portal master, not spyro. SPyro is not the main character of the game. The portal master is.

Quote:
And are you telling me the Classic games didn't have a story? Do you mind playing the games again?

The classic spyro games are just like all of the mario games. Countless games that have nothing to do with each other with no interconnecting story

Quote:
And the only thing LoS and Classic have in common is the fact that there's a purple dragon and his dragonfly friend. Yes, I know I'm not mentioning Hunter, because I consider them two different beings.

LoS had an interlinking story that again had depth and development. Cliched yes, but it was there. the classics had no character development at all and no depth at all. Granted, I wouldn't have minded seeing some of the characters from the originals stick with it, but LoS had the better story.

Quote:
Kronos? Who's Kronos? I know about Krome. But who the hell is Kronos?

That's who I meant

Quote:
Yes, DotD was set to be released when Activision absorbed Sierra. That you have right.

The game is a REBOOT. Do you know what reboot means? It means the slate is getting cleaned. LoS was a reboot, and all of the old characters kicked the bucket. Same thing is happening here. Old characters are not going to be here, because it's a freakin reboot.

And it's garenteed that it's Spyro. Spyro, Gill Grunt, and someone else (Trigger Happy?).

It's guaranteed that he is in the game and In the starter pack he is not guaranteed to be the main character.

Quote:
If buying the toys is a cash cow, then I guess every game is a cash cow for having DLC, because that's what Skylanders is. DLC. It's nowhere different from when Capcom made DLC for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and released it on the same day as the game. Are you whining about that too?

DLC is something that you purchase that stays on the console and you don't have to risk "losing and having to pay to replace" hence the name Downloadable content. Not, Physical accessories that you have to buy in order to complete the game. Combining physical toys that can be lost with software required to play a game can make the game unusable. If the sensors get damaged, the game is unusable, if the toy itself has a glitch, the game is unusable. there are so many variables that can make this game fail and be a waste of money based on the external pieces alone. After all, are you going to spend an addition 40-50$ to replace the sensor board when it goes out or 10-15 to replaces one of the figure tokens every time you lose one? This game is targeting the younger audience. pieces WILL get lost and that is what Activision and Toys for Bob are banking on.

Quote:
Please read the details instead of just looking at the trailer and screenshots.

again, I've spent hours researching this game since I found out about it last night. LAST NIGHT.

Quote:
Maybe it's based on the originals in terms of GAMEPLAY, the thing that's most important in a GAME? I look at Spyro's gameplay, and I see the original mixed with LoS. It doesn't have to have the original characters in there to be based off of the originals.

Maybe? You sit there and harp on me for expressing, "non-researched opinions" and you try to quote on a maybe? Again, Activision has openly stated that Spyro was added to the game. The game was not designed around him. He was added to the game to get the attention of the fan base. It even blatantly says that on this site.

Quote:
Yeah, this is the first game Activision has PUBLISHED, not developed, published. If you are to complain to anyone, complain/blame it on Toys For Bob.

Again, Activision added spyro to the game so activision is co-developing this game.

Quote:
Please do your research before opening your mind again.

one could say the same to you.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:54:36 10/03/2011 by Elazar
#29 Posted: 15:56:40 10/03/2011
OK, now we are getting a bit hostile....
---
#30 Posted: 16:01:59 10/03/2011
Elazar, YOU are the portal master. So in other words, you're the main character? In that case, you were so when Sparx broke the 4th wall in DotD.

And also, if you bothered to play the Classics, you would see they are all connected. They reference past games just as much as LoS did.

And as a reminder - Consoles can conk out. In other words, DLC is just as bad as figures, if not worse.

I basically agree with everything CAV said on this one.
---
#31 Posted: 16:06:31 10/03/2011
Quote:
Elazar, YOU are the portal master.

...This sounds so funny when you read it in a certain way!smilie
---
#32 Posted: 16:36:20 10/03/2011
I did look into things. In the game you play as a portal master, not spyro. SPyro is not the main character of the game. The portal master is.

The classic spyro games are just like all of the mario games. Countless games that have nothing to do with each other with no interconnecting story

LoS had an interlinking story that again had depth and development. Cliched yes, but it was there. the classics had no character development at all and no depth at all. Granted, I wouldn't have minded seeing some of the characters from the originals stick with it, but LoS had the better story.

That's who I meant

It's guaranteed that he is in the game and In the starter pack he is not guaranteed to be the main character.

DLC is something that you purchase that stays on the console and you don't have to risk "losing and having to pay to replace" hence the name Downloadable content. Not, Physical accessories that you have to buy in order to complete the game. Combining physical toys that can be lost with software required to play a game can make the game unusable. If the sensors get damaged, the game is unusable, if the toy itself has a glitch, the game is unusable. there are so many variables that can make this game fail and be a waste of money based on the external pieces alone. After all, are you going to spend an addition 40-50$ to replace the sensor board when it goes out or 10-15 to replaces one of the figure tokens every time you lose one? This game is targeting the younger audience. pieces WILL get lost and that is what Activision and Toys for Bob are banking on.

again, I've spent hours researching this game since I found out about it last night. LAST NIGHT.

Maybe? You sit there and harp on me for expressing, "non-researched opinions" and you try to quote on a maybe? Again, Activision has openly stated that Spyro was added to the game. The game was not designed around him. He was added to the game to get the attention of the fan base. It even blatantly says that on this site.

Again, Activision added spyro to the game so activision is co-developing this game.

one could say the same to you.

You are the portal master. In other words, by your standards, YOU are the main character.

Really now? If that was the case, there would be no cutscenes trying to explain the story.

What are you on about? Who said Classic never had character depth?

I know that's who you meant, but the fact you couldn't get the name right only tells me that you didn't do research.

There you go. Not garenteed. That means it's not out of the question. And his name is in the title, and it claims it's his adventure. That kinda tells you he's the more important character besides the portal master (which once again, is you).

Are you kidding me? If you ask me, this is better than DLC, because you can return the damn item for a refund. You can't do that with DLC. Once you get it, you're stuck with it.

And ok, the kids will lose it. Will you? Will I? We're older. We don't lose things that easily, nor do we break them. What does the kids breaking the toys have to do with you and I?

Last night. So you can't come here and act like you know all when you don't, because you've only known about this game for a day, compared to me or Aura whom have known about it for a month, and are keeping track with what's being announced.

Well that plan isn't going to work, now is it? I find it more of a stepping stone for something bigger. Like you quoted yourself, that afterwards Spyro can go onto bigger and better works if the game sells. This piece is dependant on how you look at things. And when did I say "maybe"?

Activision doesn't develop games. They don't know how. You look at the information, it clearly states Toys For Bob. Activision coins the idea. TFB follows up with it. Other than that, Activision has nothing to do with it, let alone co-develop.

Are you telling me that I need research. Brawler's right. Things are about to get hostile...
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#33 Posted: 16:54:14 10/03/2011
As much as I love Cynder, I'm fine without her in Skylanders. I agree with both Spyroo and Poppy. They completely ruined her in DOTD. :/
#34 Posted: 17:19:10 10/03/2011
Holy cow, drama explosion! o.o
#35 Posted: 17:20:11 10/03/2011
Holy cow, drama explosion! o.o

Tell me about it.
#36 Posted: 17:39:48 10/03/2011
Looks like somebody hasn't really done a lot of research and read all uncovered details on this game so far... smilie
---
#37 Posted: 17:41:26 10/03/2011
This drama explosion is almost as big as the ending of CBFD! smilie
---
#38 Posted: 17:47:04 10/03/2011
Looks like somebody hasn't really done a lot of research and read all uncovered details on this game so far... smilie

Talking to me?
#39 Posted: 17:48:21 10/03/2011
Quote: CAV

Talking to me?

No, to Elazar...
---
#40 Posted: 17:51:36 10/03/2011
Yeah, that really is the impression I'm getting. I understand not liking something, especially when you don't have all the info, but Elazar is missing a lot of crucial info on not only Skylanders but the classic Spyro games and even LoS itself.
#41 Posted: 17:51:53 10/03/2011
^Agreed. I get the points she's making, but it's not very valid when you don't know all of the information you need.

And it's sad when you don't get Krome's name right. smilie

No, to Elazar...

Ok. I swear I keep thinking you're talking to me. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:52:56 10/03/2011 by CAV
#42 Posted: 17:55:47 10/03/2011
Yeah, that really is the impression I'm getting. I understand not liking something, especially when you don't have all the info, but Elazar is missing a lot of crucial info on not only Skylanders but the classic Spyro games and even LoS itself.

I agree, it's best to look at all the details before saying something that you really don't know about, especially if an upcoming Spyro game is still in the works and you're not liking it when you haven't read all the details discovered so far from it, and also the details it got from the Classic and Legend games... smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:56:58 10/03/2011 by Aura24
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#43 Posted: 18:32:38 10/03/2011
Me? I think its an underated Game that has the potential to be one of the best games yet.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#44 Posted: 18:38:58 10/03/2011
Thanks to Cynder985, I've recently discovered that reboots involving simple designs and exaggerated features are for the best- so, go, Skylanders! smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#45 Posted: 18:44:41 10/03/2011
Er? Do elaborate, please. smilie
#46 Posted: 18:46:14 10/03/2011
Er? Do elaborate, please. smilie

Isn't it obvious?smilie
---
#47 Posted: 19:12:27 10/03/2011
No, actually. I want to know how Cynder985 changed WereCat's mind on this, because I seem to recall WereCat being vehemently against Skylanders at first.
#48 Posted: 19:21:32 10/03/2011
Odds are she's using sarcasm.
#49 Posted: 19:23:22 10/03/2011
......She was referring to My Little Pony: Friendship is magic.....and WereCat was never vehemently against Skylanders.

Seriously, didn't you notice all the MLP avi's people have? It was pretty much Cynder985 who brought in the craze, that's what WereCat meant.
---
#50 Posted: 19:27:25 10/03/2011
Okay, now it makes more sense. Haha, FiM strikes again! smilie If the Internet Hate Machine can't withstand them, what hope does a tiny fan forum about a purple dragon have? smilie
Page 1 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me