darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Opinions over time...? *No hate please...*
Page 1 of 1
Opinions over time...? *No hate please...* [CLOSED]
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#1 Posted: 15:24:05 26/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I dont think i've made a topic here lol. But anyway, my opinion over this game has changed alot. At first, i was like, "o_o Activision, how could you?! *ragerageragefit*" And then i ranted along here...which didnt turn out good. No, i wont explain it. Then i thought about it for a while, read some topic, and watched videos. I think that, this game actually looks cool. I'm probably not gonna buy all the characters. (the game itself is 70 dollars, with the portal, game, and 4 charries with Spyro, so there would be 28 or so characters left, which equals, like, 280 dollars?) I feel i just need Spyro to complete it. ANDDDDD its multiplayer! Woot smilie But honestly, i think Spyro looks absolutely adorable! More like stitch. Even though its not my favorite design yet, they said its in pre-alpha stage, so it might not be final. And the game isnt final, so they could change it. Also, in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...player_embedded , at about 00:51-00:58, it says that the game is available for ALL stations. (please correct me if im wrong) I'll probably be on this game all day if i hear its good, AND if i can save enough money for it :3

So, whats your guy's opinions over time? Please...no hate here. No "Ugh, i hated it before, i still hate it DD:<"
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2 Posted: 15:33:50 26/02/2011
Well, my opinion hasn't changed since I first heard of it: Unimpressed.

The cost and gimmick still wards me away from this game, and the lack of gameplay video's worries me even more. From what they've given us, it just looks standard, like they didn't really do anything special, creative, or innovative when it comes to the GAME ASPECTS of the actually GAME .

When September rolls around, we'll all see and get our piece of the pie, if you will, and judge it accordingly smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#3 Posted: 16:21:52 26/02/2011
I'm Impressed so far.
I personally prefer this to the LoS series, and thats maybe because its because DotD (and maybe TEN) ruined LoS for me, but also because this game looks happy and light hearted...
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#4 Posted: 17:05:10 26/02/2011
Isn't it 3 characters? Spyro plus 2 others?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 17:08:57 26/02/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Isn't it 3 characters? Spyro plus 2 others?

Yeah they said that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#6 Posted: 17:11:59 26/02/2011 | Topic Creator
^ oh, i thought it was 4 xD
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#7 Posted: 17:51:03 26/02/2011
I still hate Spyro's design, and the fact about the toys. But the game looks like it could be fun.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#8 Posted: 18:28:34 26/02/2011
I think it looks like it should go down pretty well with the kids- I wish I'd had something like SSA when I was their age!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#9 Posted: 20:32:31 26/02/2011
My opinion is: .....

Seriously wait for a demo or a beta
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#10 Posted: 22:04:14 26/02/2011
Obviously I'm not thrilled with the toy element or the lack of name recognition of the development studio. But if the gameplay's decent I may rent a used copy. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#11 Posted: 15:48:15 27/02/2011
I think the graphics look good, but still. Over time, the game could be a disappointment.

But so far I think the game looks good.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
#12 Posted: 21:40:32 27/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I dont like the toy idea...but at least Spyro comes in the starter pack.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#13 Posted: 21:20:26 01/03/2011
I'm still critical of the design choices and the toy gimmick but hanz zimmer is a genuis, I would buy anything with his name on it

oh god im a fantard fml
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#14 Posted: 18:33:39 02/03/2011
At first I disliked it greatly because I didn't really see the need in another reboot, but after looking at the plot and toys and stuff it seems interesting but I'm not going to waste all that money for it.

It's obvious this game was made to kill your wallets and they're doing a damn good job of it.

I'll wait before I decide if it sucks or if it's actually good.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#15 Posted: 04:28:50 03/03/2011
Renting a copy for me is most likely, because of my doubts. That will decide if i want to buy it or not.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
Smirf991 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#16 Posted: 05:49:27 03/03/2011
Originally I did not like it, and had the wrong ideas about what the were doing with the toys.

So far it seems interesting, not so fun, but interesting.

I think I will rent it (If possible(toys)), or buy it, beat it, and re-sell it with the toys.
Minryu Green Sparx Gems: 155
#17 Posted: 22:47:14 03/03/2011
At first I glance I didn't like Spyro's looks, but I've grown to love the little hob goblin. My first thoughts on the toys and portal were positive. Who cares if it's a corporate whatever? So long as it's fun that's cool with me. I'm also loving some of the new characters, like Chop Chop and Ignitor. It'll be perfect for co-op when I babysit over the summer. Not to mentions who's doing the story, design and music. Toy Story writers and Hans Zimmer composing? Heck yeah!
Pyro girl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1752
#18 Posted: 23:37:45 03/03/2011
I don't know, I have very mixed feelings about this game...

I have looked at Spyro's new design but it just doesn't sit well with me and I just can't warm up to it, it kind of reminds me of a Spore creation for some reasonsmilie

I've also looked at the screenshots and the worlds look really nice and the concept of using interactable figures sounds really interesting but how much money will that add up to when collecting these figures along with buying the actual game and starter pack? If you ask me I would much rather just buy a game disc, ready to play without having to dig into my bank account to buy all those other bits and pieces on top of that and what about all those not so fortunate kids that have families that don't have the money for this sort of thing? It's not very fair if you ask me but then again, we just barely made it out of the recession so money's on all the companys' minds too unfortunately...

Sorry if my posts a bit of a mish-mash, it's past my bed time and I'm tired but I hope I managed to get my point across ok without sounding too one-side.
---
Kakarot, I think I'm going to puke ~Vegeta
Live Long and Prosper ~ Mr. Spock
I'm stupid, I'm Stupid ~ Starscream
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:14 03/03/2011 by Pyro girl
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me