Page 1 of 1
Sky landers? What a rip of spyro >:( [CLOSED]
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#1 Posted: 14:50:48 25/02/2011 | Topic Creator
When i first saw Skylanders trailer, I thought it looked brilliant. Until, i found out that it was missing few characters which make the newer spyro games decent.

Missing sparx. I heard there is no sparx in skylanders. If im wrong, please correct me.
Sparx has been in every single spyro game ever made. So why is he not in this one.
I bet this one is another False Game of spyro.

Missing cynder
I know that many people hate cynder (Shayminsky, for example), and im not argueing with them. Different people have different coments on cynder. But, in DOTD, cynder said she loved spyro. Why take her out now?

Missing The gaurdians
I was told that the gaurdians were not in it either. If im wrong again, correct me.
Ignitus, is dead. I noticed, and i cried when i saw him die in DOTD. But what about cyril, terrador and volteer. They surely cant be leaving, when they are only in 3 out of 14 spyro games, and growing.

Missing Ripto
Im not sure about this, I only heard ripto was gone. But im not sure. Please correct me if he is included in the game.
He is the main bad character. With malefor. But i cant say malefor is missing, because malefor is gone, Poof, sucked into the centre of the volcano. I have not got any of the old games apart from enter the dragon fly and a heroes tail (A heroes tail does not include ripto). But ripto does not die in Enter the Dragonfly, he only fleds. So, if he was still alive when the TLOS series came out. Why not place him in this one, he was a good enemy.

Please Correct me if i have got any this information wrong.
---
Leaving, For good..
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:13 25/02/2011 by cynder 9999
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 15:52:12 25/02/2011
So what you're saying is that the game is automatically going to suck just because those characters aren't in the game?

You know, the same argument happened with ANB, and after it came out the majority loved it, and people ended up fogetting that a lot of Classic characters weren't in the game. Why? Because they met new characters that they grew to love.
Meriadoc Green Sparx Gems: 169
#3 Posted: 16:23:15 25/02/2011
I aggree with you just about sparx. Cynder is part of the legend saga so she's not part of this game. The guardians there are just in TLOS and ripto is a character of Gateway to Glimmer so they are not part of a new reset of the game. Sparx is the only one i miss, and maybe Hunter could be a good character for this game, like in Hero's Tail. So don't split on this new game that seems nice and funny to play in party with friends.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4 Posted: 21:16:07 25/02/2011
I guess I'm the same as Meriadoc. I will miss Sparx, he has been with Spyro almost all the time but he is gone now...
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 21:29:38 25/02/2011
Sparx- The only thing I agree with. However, the possibility of him being here is still open.
Cynder- First of all, this a reboot. She won't be here. And secondly, a lot of fans hated her. If you miss her so much, play DoTD. I can pretty much safely say she won't be tainting this game.
The Guardians- Same as above, but they were loved. I won't miss them, though, because they were absolutely horrible in DoTD, and that seems the only way Activision would put them in: After DoTD.
Ripto- WHAT? RIPTO HAS ONLY APPEARED IN HALF THE GAMES! This may be like a record to Spyro, but compare him to somebody like Bowser, and you'll see Ripto really is short. And again, reboot.

I'm sure that can't ruin a game...
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 21:47:40 25/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Sparx- The only thing I agree with. However, the possibility of him being here is still open.
Cynder- First of all, this a reboot. She won't be here. And secondly, a lot of fans hated her. If you miss her so much, play DoTD. I can pretty much safely say she won't be tainting this game.
The Guardians- Same as above, but they were loved. I won't miss them, though, because they were absolutely horrible in DoTD, and that seems the only way Activision would put them in: After DoTD.
Ripto- WHAT? RIPTO HAS ONLY APPEARED IN HALF THE GAMES! This may be like a record to Spyro, but compare him to somebody like Bowser, and you'll see Ripto really is short. And again, reboot.

I'm sure that can't ruin a game...

So let me get this straight....
When people say removing a character would ruin the game for them, they get talked at....
....yet when people say putting a character in would ruin it, it's fine, even when the same person talks at people who don't want the game because of Spyro's design? (Hating a game because a character is in it is just as stupid as hating it because of a characters design).

....Hypocrisy much?

Sorry, just calling out bull**** where I see it....and if your comment was sarcasm, you didn't indicate it with a smiley.

I personally don't care about this game at all at the moment, but I just thought I would point that out...

Also, if you think putting Cynder in would taint it, then you don't know the first thing about tainted games! smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 21:48:59 25/02/2011
It was sarcasm... smilie

*sighs and hides behind other shield*
#8 Posted: 21:56:03 25/02/2011
Well, next time you make a controversial statement sarcastically, make sure you clearly show it. smilie
---
cynder 9999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#9 Posted: 17:18:50 27/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I believe cynder and the gaurdians is what made the games pretty good. Think about it, TLOS would be nothing without the gaurdians. Seeing they were the ones who sends spyro on quests. And, in ANB, Cynder is the Evil character.

Some characters are hated, but people dont relise that they make the Game whole, and not hallow.
---
Leaving, For good..
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#10 Posted: 17:23:41 27/02/2011
How come every time somebody gives their reason for disliking a game, they still manage to get criticized? >.>
Smirf991 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#11 Posted: 17:27:19 27/02/2011
Its life...
Learn it. Live it. Love it.
#12 Posted: 17:33:00 27/02/2011
I just loved the gameplay.

And the reason you get criticized when you give your reasons is because people think we should all buy the game to fund the next game... >.>
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#13 Posted: 23:51:56 27/02/2011
Quote: Darby
How come every time somebody gives their reason for disliking a game, they still manage to get criticized? >.>

Saying the game sucks because of the design or because a certain character isn't in there isn't a valid reason to hate the game. It's being shallow, and that's why I critcize them.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#14 Posted: 06:32:31 28/02/2011
Quote: Darby

I agree with this. People complain when people don't like the game, saying that the basher isn't giving them any reasons. But when someone DOES give out reasons to why they hate the game, people STILL complain.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#15 Posted: 13:34:33 28/02/2011
Quote: cynder 9999
When i first saw Skylanders trailer, I thought it looked brilliant. Until, i found out that it was missing few characters which make the newer spyro games decent.

Missing sparx. I heard there is no sparx in skylanders. If im wrong, please correct me.
Sparx has been in every single spyro game ever made. So why is he not in this one.

Missing cynder
I know that many people hate cynder (Shayminsky, for example), and im not argueing with them. Different people have different coments on cynder. But, in DOTD, cynder said she loved spyro. Why take her out now?

Missing The gaurdians
I was told that the gaurdians were not in it either. If im wrong again, correct me.
Ignitus, is dead. I noticed, and i cried when i saw him die in DOTD. But what about cyril, terrador and volteer. They surely cant be leaving, when they are only in 3 out of 14 spyro games, and growing.

Missing Ripto
Im not sure about this, I only heard ripto was gone. But im not sure. Please correct me if he is included in the game.
He is the main bad character. With malefor. But i cant say malefor is missing, because malefor is gone, Poof, sucked into the centre of the volcano. I have not got any of the old games apart from enter the dragon fly and a heroes tail (A heroes tail does not include ripto). But ripto does not die in Enter the Dragonfly, he only fleds. So, if he was still alive when the TLOS series came out. Why not place him in this one, he was a good enemy.

Please Correct me if i have got any this information wrong.

First off, Cynder was meant to replace Sparx, deeming her unlikable.

Plus Ripto was missing in tLoS. Thats just wrong as saying;
"Oh I don't like tLos Because it don't have Gnasty Gnorc, Elder Thomas, Professor, Bianca so I'm not buying it LAMO"
Plus Cynder and the Guardians were LoS characters and wouldn't fit into the game very well.
Case and point.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
terradortime Green Sparx Gems: 351
#16 Posted: 01:48:11 01/03/2011
why is there so many negative things about this game!smilie i mean really u havent even played the game u dont know if its going to be good or not! just because there arent any characters u like doesnt mean u need to say how bad this games going to be.
---
my sick dragon
http://www.darkspyro.net/images/night/lair/lair-12H5IG337A1-Blackstorm+.jpg
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#17 Posted: 13:03:53 01/03/2011
TLoS and classics are different from Skylanders. You can't expect Cynder, Ripto or whoever in this new game when those characters are in a different 'universe'. In my opinion, this game would end up quite bad with Guardians and Cynder back in.
Who cares if Ripto or the Guardians are still alive? Just because some characters are still alive, it doesn't mean that the next game must be continued with them. That would mean that all the characters that aren't planned to be added in the new games have to die. Or like with Cynder, who cares if she said she loves Spyro? That was in TLoS, Spyro is not going to die without her in a different 'universe' (in Spyro's skin I'd feel relieved without Cynder).

I can only agree about Sparx. He has always been with Spyro, but like I said; different game, different things. It's a dumb thing to say that this game is going to suck because some stuff are missing. Just deal with it or don't bother with game at all.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#18 Posted: 14:17:37 01/03/2011
TROLL!
Meriadoc Green Sparx Gems: 169
#19 Posted: 15:34:15 01/03/2011
*shot to TROLL* am i a good guy, mommy? *_*
#20 Posted: 18:55:29 01/03/2011
Quote: Spyro-Fan
TLoS and classics are different from Skylanders. You can't expect Cynder, Ripto or whoever in this new game when those characters are in a different 'universe'. In my opinion, this game would end up quite bad with Guardians and Cynder back in.
Who cares if Ripto or the Guardians are still alive? Just because some characters are still alive, it doesn't mean that the next game must be continued with them. That would mean that all the characters that aren't planned to be added in the new games have to die. Or like with Cynder, who cares if she said she loves Spyro? That was in TLoS, Spyro is not going to die without her in a different 'universe' (in Spyro's skin I'd feel relieved without Cynder).

I can only agree about Sparx. He has always been with Spyro, but like I said; different game, different things. It's a dumb thing to say that this game is going to suck because some stuff are missing. Just deal with it or don't bother with game at all.

Blink was still alive at the end of AHT.
Did he appear in tLoS?

The Professor was still alive at the end of AHT.
Did he appear in tLoS?

Ember was still alive at the end of SL
Did she appear in tLoS?

Case and Point
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#21 Posted: 18:44:35 02/03/2011
It's a reboot, of course they aren't going to be in the game. :/

Though it is a possibility that if this game goes as well as they are hoping they could be added in later. Instead of just making a new game they could add updates that you could get from the store or something with added levels and added characters like Sparx and Cynder and such.

Heck who knows, didn't Activision read fan sites before and put suggestions in the games, like co-op and flying for DotD, they could see that people want it in there and being all money grubby lately they could look at that as an expansion and put older characters in but give them a new look.

But do you really want them to redo Cynder, Sparx, and the guardians and put them in the game or would you rather know them as how they were? Putting them in could ruin them for you but then again it could be better, you never know.
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#22 Posted: 08:41:42 04/03/2011
It would only make sense anyway 2 make a whole new game apart from LoS cause at the end of DotD Spyro saved the world from breaking apart. If you think about it enough there really isn't much 2 do after that.
My guess is that they put away LoS and started something new just like they did the classics.
No the guardians and Cynder more than likely will not be in the game but that is because they were meant 2 be LoS characters and would not look as good as the did in LoS(despite DotD)
this is just what I believe about the game in my own opinion I'm going 2 buy it for 2 reasons.
1: it's Spyro
2: to see if I like it or not
2 hate a game or 2 say it will suck just cause of a change in design or some missing characters(even though some mentioned were only meant for LoS) is just plain ridiculous.
In fact, LoS became popular from people just giving it a chance and even some people who previously said that they would hate the game fell in love w/ it.
Same w/ Skylanders......never know 'till ya give it a trysmilie
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
#23 Posted: 17:41:27 08/03/2011
Quote: Adria
It's a reboot, of course they aren't going to be in the game. :/

Though it is a possibility that if this game goes as well as they are hoping they could be added in later. Instead of just making a new game they could add updates that you could get from the store or something with added levels and added characters like Sparx and Cynder and such.

Heck who knows, didn't Activision read fan sites before and put suggestions in the games, like co-op and flying for DotD, they could see that people want it in there and being all money grubby lately they could look at that as an expansion and put older characters in but give them a new look.

But do you really want them to redo Cynder, Sparx, and the guardians and put them in the game or would you rather know them as how they were? Putting them in could ruin them for you but then again it could be better, you never know.

This.
Seriously, Its a new Frickin' Story!
Its not going to continue from LoS if its a new Story!
---
ShayminSky Ripto Gems: 943
#24 Posted: 09:45:11 02/04/2011
... Why add me as an example?

Anyway, those are just characters YOU like, and want. This is a REBOOT. I agree about Sparx, they shouldn't have kicked that loveable little dragonfly out.

I pretty much hate every character you listed, except for Sparx.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#25 Posted: 13:39:07 02/04/2011
Missing Ripto? Is that a freakin' joke? He's been dead since Enter the Dragonfly.
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#26 Posted: 23:16:31 03/04/2011
Quote: Kitty
Missing Ripto? Is that a freakin' joke? He's been dead since Enter the Dragonfly.

^ This.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#27 Posted: 04:15:43 04/04/2011

Sparx was annoying as hell in the LOS games. Quote: cynder 9999

Missing cynder

Because it's a different continuty.

Missing The gaurdians

Different continuty.

Missing Ripto

Different continuty, and the fact that he was only the main villain in a few games if you really think about it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me