darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Breaking the mind of a Classic Loyalist
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Breaking the mind of a Classic Loyalist [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1 Posted: 22:30:06 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Recently I found someone that was complaining about Spyro's design, and he was being very ignorant about it. You can see it here: http://stevemacqwark.deviantar...fset=0#comments

His description reads:

Quote:
OH MY GOD! Forget what I said earlier. THIS IS WAY LESS CREDITABLE then what that Laura Ann Franks fellow did. At she "tried" to make Spyro respectable (and failed) but THIS... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

HOW CAN THEY **** UP designing Spyro!? HOW hard is it to make a small purple dragon look like this! Why does he look like Crazy Frog!?

I ****ING HATE ACTIVISION! I ****ING HATE ACTIVISION!! I ****ING HATE ACTIVISION!!! AND ANYONE WHO LIKE THIS PIECE OF ****! You know what, **** is too ****ing good of a word to describe... THIS!

So I decided to talk to him about it. Here's the conversation so far:

Quote: CAV
So because of a DESIGN, you automatically deem that the game sucks, and that you hate anyone that thinks the game is decent in any way. And along with it you decided to have a hissyfit, once again, because of a DESIGN.

I would understand it if you actually played the game and you don't like the gameplay, but you haven't played the game, and there isn't enough gameplay footage to hate it. But to hate a game because of a DESIGN is rather shallow.

Quote: stevemacqwark
Spyro was a beloved icon. You can't change an icon. That's like changing Mario or Master Chief. It doesn't work! Remember how they changed Sonic in Sonic Adventure? Design reflects what the game is about, without that familiar atmosphere, there's no point playing the game. You can't have gameplay and no story. You need a reason why to play through to the end. That is why I won't be getting DmC or this new abomination.

The trailer itself was already unfaithful to the Spyro universe in terms or music, camera angle, fireball as oppose to just breathing fire and all those characters. Nothing about Skylanders fits in the Spyro universe, especially the PS1 Insomniac Games-developed trilogy. Skylanders is being done by Activision so you know it will suck.

Several popular characters have gone through design changes without much complaining. Why when Spyro goes through the process do we need to hear *****ing?

And Mario DID go through a design change. In the first game he had red trousers and a green shirt, instead of the blue trousers and red shirt we are all used to.

Design is made to show off the developer's artistic feel. It doesn't dominate the entire game. Yes, it's true that you NEED gameplay. But at the same time, it's possible for the gameplay to be broken, and that has happened several times before, in the Spyro franchise itself (Enter the Dragonfly was a glitchy, broken mess of a game).

You need a reason why to play through to the end. Design makes you want to play until the very end? No. I don't know how it is with you, but for me what makes me play a game until the very end is great gameplay. I didn't play through all of Mass Effect 2 and Super Mario Galaxy 2 because the design was nice. It's because the gameplay was amazing and is something that could keep you glued to the screen for hours. If design is the reason you play games, then you have some problems and you can be considered shallow by some people.

The trailer, music, gameplay, and camera angle was unfaithful to Spyro? So was everything about LoS, and yet everybody gobbled it up and loved that **** to death. And the music. Hans. Freakin. Zimmer. This is the greatest composer of the modern day.

Skylanders is a reboot. Once again, LoS didn't fit into the Insomniac trilogy of games. Skylanders is wiping the slate clean. Everything that happened in the past games didn't happen at all. It's just like how Sonic 06 was a reboot of the series (a terrible one at that).

So because Activision is PUBLISHING (not developing, PUBLISHING) the game, it's going to suck. You don't know that. I don't know that. Nobody knows that.

Now, I hate Activision with every fiber of my being. Not because of their games, but because of their business decisions. I love their games to death. Call of Duty, Transformers, Spiderman, Prototype, Singularity, Goldeneye, Guitar Hero, classic Tony Hawk, you name it. I hate them only because of how they milk franchises (Call of Duty), and leave others to rot. They would milk Call of Duty (and they still are), and would leave Spyro to rot. Then you guys would ***** and whine about how you want this and that in the next Spyro game.

They are giving it to you now. Gameplay, level design, and everything is meant to be a tribute to the original games. You guys are getting what you've been asking for, and all you can do is ***** about Spyro's design. That is just sickening.

But if you want Spyro's old design back, here's what you can do. Go here: http://www.insomniacgames.com/about/contact_us/ and beg for them to make the games again, then watch as they ignore you or tell you what they said years ago on how they ran out of ideas for the franchise.

EDIT #1: It seems as though I got a reply. See it in post #36.

EDIT #2: Two more responses. See post #57.

Odds are this will continue, which means I'll have more to add.

But now you know how much of a bastard I can be when I get pissed off.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:44:32 25/02/2011 by CAV
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#2 Posted: 22:38:56 23/02/2011
I have to say that I agree with you on what you said to that guy. Every game character goes through changes. Spyro is no different.

They need to realize that Insomniac isn't gonna be making any more Spyro games. They said it themselves they won't be making any more because they have no more ideas for the franchise. I hate Activision, too, because they overmilk CoD and their business plans, but I'm giving them a chance with Skylanders.

And Hans Zimmer is awesome. No doubt about that. smilie

*EDIT:* Okay, that guy was seriously overreacting...... >.>
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:40:11 23/02/2011 by Cynder985
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 22:39:22 23/02/2011
I honestly can't be bothered discussing this. I'm sick of discussing these simple minded fools. What that guy said is pure sh**e.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#4 Posted: 22:42:17 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder985
They need to realize that Insomniac isn't gonna be making any more Spyro games. They said it themselves they won't be making any more because they have no more ideas for the franchise. I hate Activision, too, because they overmilk CoD and their business plans, but I'm giving them a chance with Skylanders.

Just because I hate Activision's business decisions doesn't mean I won't buy their games. I love almost all of the games they have. So obviously, I won't shun Skylanders simply because Activision is PUBLISHING (not developing, PUBLISHING) the game. I gotta wonder if this guy even knows what publishing means.
#5 Posted: 22:48:27 23/02/2011

Just because I hate Activision's business decisions doesn't mean I won't buy their games. I love almost all of the games they have. So obviously, I won't shun Skylanders simply because Activision is PUBLISHING (not developing, PUBLISHING) the game. I gotta wonder if this guy even knows what publishing means.

I've played a few games from them in the past and I thought they were okay. I never was a huge fan of the company. I was more of a Nintendo and Sega fan.

He probably never looked publishing up at all. smilie
#6 Posted: 22:50:05 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I've played a few games from them in the past and I thought they were okay. I never was a huge fan of the company. I was more of a Nintendo and Sega fan.

I never stay loyal to certain publishers, but I do perfer some over others. Publishers I like are:

Nintendo
Capcom
EA

Developers are a different story. There are several out there that I love.
#7 Posted: 22:53:27 23/02/2011

I never stay loyal to certain publishers, but I do perfer some over others. Publishers I like are:

Nintendo
Capcom
EA

Developers are a different story. There are several out there that I love.

I do play other games from other publishers. Again, just saying.
#8 Posted: 23:03:46 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
So do I. I play games from every publisher, but I have preferences of certain publishers.

Now, on topic: This guy is a moron.
KZomb Yellow Sparx Gems: 1895
#9 Posted: 23:04:55 23/02/2011
I'm gettin' to the point where I just wanna punch all the whiners in the ****ing mouth. smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#10 Posted: 00:32:00 24/02/2011

I'm sorry, but all I see is an intelligent individual pointing out the facts to a whiny anti-SSA kid.

Seriously though, that's just..... Ugh.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#11 Posted: 00:36:20 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroo

I'm sorry, but all I see is an intelligent individual pointing out the facts to a whiny anti-SSA kid.

Seriously though, that's just..... Ugh.

I felt as though I was being mean in my post.
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#12 Posted: 00:58:36 24/02/2011
Hmm, it's fascinating how many times I am seeing this cycle.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#13 Posted: 01:35:13 24/02/2011
Fans shouldn't even deserve to call themselves a Spyro fan if they only judge a video game by the character design of Spyro.... smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#14 Posted: 02:27:43 24/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Fans shouldn't even deserve to call themselves a Spyro fan if they only judge a video game by the character design of Spyro.... smilie

People can be a fan of any piece of media through any factor or element of it. Some people my like, as an example: How To Train Your Dragon, just because of the dragons, or music, or what have you. It's only when they behave like the one CAV has witnessed, is when it gets a out of hand smilie .
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#15 Posted: 02:30:43 24/02/2011
And it makes me sick, they're acting like the Sonic fanbase, being picky on the character design and other little details...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:36:17 24/02/2011 by Aura24
#16 Posted: 02:37:44 24/02/2011
Let the fools be fools then, Aura. Its not your responsible to be accountable for one's actions when they themselves did not give you the authorization or even the right to do so. If they wish to behave in such a tiresome manner then all you can do is give your two cents on the manner, and let it be. Its up to them if they wish to reconsider their actions on this particular subject or not.

I can, reason with your reaction with this behavior but is it really worth getting upset over a fool's wrath?

True, this behavior is. . . unacceptable, but then again, who here can honestly say that they have sure fire way to demoralize such a response from ever surfacing? Perhaps it be best if one remain silent on this manner, wait until the game comes out to truly silence the fool, or surprisingly join him? smilie
---
My Gallery
#17 Posted: 02:40:03 24/02/2011
They're overreacting like babies that's for sure. You should hear them talk, like how they say "They ruined MY Spyro!!!!" and they sound absolutely selfish and whiny.

Activision won't listen to such childish nonsense from teenagers and adults that's for sure, they're aiming the game for the younger audience to start the series anew.
---
#18 Posted: 02:47:45 24/02/2011
Perhaps. . . I bet they feel betrayed though. True, they are portraying a perfect example of being a spoiled twit. But they are jumping the gun too quickly here. smilie

My mind you, I'm still not impressed with this game, but there isn't enough to go by to really truly judge this game.

You're stretching your neck out pretty far there with that statement, Aura. God forbid Activision actually caves in to these little monsters garrulous banter. smilie
---
My Gallery
#19 Posted: 02:52:08 24/02/2011
If this game succeeds, Activision will most likely have Spyro be in his own game series again, since Skylanders is the first Spyro game Activision has ever done.
---
#20 Posted: 02:54:45 24/02/2011
Hopefully, if this game succeeds and Activision stays true to their word. Still, I got a horrible feeling that even if this game succeeds we won't see another Spyro game in the next 5 years. . . smilie

And that's if we survive 2012 smilie .
---
My Gallery
#21 Posted: 02:58:33 24/02/2011
Skylanders took 2 years to make, and Activision added special additions to it, like having the story writers of Toy Story do the game story, and the composer of Hans Zimmer. Heck, they should do this for every Spyro game in the future, giving them enough time to add full details, story plots, and features X3
---
#22 Posted: 03:03:04 24/02/2011
As long as Activison doesn't corrupt, interject, or intervene with the creative process. . . I guess I can deal with that. Meh, I highly doubt they've give Spyro that can of luxury though smilie .

*snaps* Oh yeah, before we get off topic too much. Me being a Classic Fan myself, I guess I can prove that not all Classic fans can be aggravating twits like CAV encountered.
---
My Gallery
#23 Posted: 03:12:30 24/02/2011
At least some Classic fans have the sense to not go around spouting hate comments and troll fans of Skylanders until they feel miserable.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#24 Posted: 03:14:56 24/02/2011
My main beef with these giant crybabies who are whining about the new design is mostly that they make calmer classic fans look bad. Really bad. The Spyro fandom as a whole has a horrible reputation right now and this is all just making it worse and more or less confirming the negative commentary about us.

I'm also pretty sick of seeing whiny art about the new design. You don't like it? Then stop wasting your time. When YotD was finished, I set my Spyro love down and didn't look back. The only reason I checked out LoS was because of Cynder; the Spyro I grew up with was long gone at that point it didn't upset me to know that. It still doesn't. Things change and life goes on. I'm just glad the new guy seems to have more in common with the Spyro I remember than the latest incarnation.
#25 Posted: 04:12:22 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
My main beef with these giant crybabies who are whining about the new design is mostly that they make calmer classic fans look bad. Really bad. The Spyro fandom as a whole has a horrible reputation right now and this is all just making it worse and more or less confirming the negative commentary about us.

Sonic, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Halo/Call of Duty have the worst fanbases out there. But with this fiasco, the Spyro fanbase is headed in there, and ARE the worst fanbase as of right now, since the other fanbases I just listed don't have much to talk about at the moment.

The one fanbase I'm still a part of and they gotta act like this. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:12:55 24/02/2011 by CAV
#26 Posted: 04:19:10 24/02/2011

Sonic, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Halo/Call of Duty have the worst fanbases out there. But with this fiasco, the Spyro fanbase is headed in there, and ARE the worst fanbase as of right now, since the other fanbases I just listed don't have much to talk about at the moment.

The one fanbase I'm still a part of and they gotta act like this. smilie

Hmm smilie . . . Like I said, I bet they feel back-stabbed and are simply lashing out rather than brushing it off and moving on. In some sense though, it is kinda of impressive that Spyro attracts such. . . vehement responses from his. . . fandom.
---
My Gallery
#27 Posted: 04:29:02 24/02/2011
I could understand them feeling betrayed a bit more if they'd acted like this with LoS (when we actually had one of the producers of the game say outright that they didn't give a rat's fart in a windstorm about the old fans of the series). But the Skylanders makers are actually making some effort to include the older fans, in their way.

I haven't been in many fandoms, but the only one I've been in worse than this one as far as behavior goes is the furry fandom. Come to think of it, they were actually a lot like the Spyro fandom is now, just on a larger scale, and that doesn't speak well for this fandom.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#28 Posted: 08:56:20 24/02/2011
Aren't you guys being just as bad as the whiners? All your doing is whining about people whining, it's a endless pardox of butthurt. Oh no! some random guy on the internet doesn't like the same things I do! I must tell dS right away
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#29 Posted: 09:01:55 24/02/2011
I think this is the fourth time I actually agree with Blackholes, at least to some extent.
#30 Posted: 09:02:53 24/02/2011
I like to think there's a fair bit of difference between being confused about why people are upset and trying to figure it out to drawing images of a dead Spyro lying in a pool of his own blood with an Activision sign jammed into him. Or between having a conversation with fellow like-minded fans as opposed to screaming obscenities on every Skylanders video posted to YouTube.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#31 Posted: 09:04:03 24/02/2011
I guess you are right in a way Blackholes. We aren't exactly whining about it though, are we?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#32 Posted: 09:19:11 24/02/2011
Quote: Razz
I like to think there's a fair bit of difference between being confused about why people are upset and trying to figure it out to drawing images of a dead Spyro lying in a pool of his own blood with an Activision sign jammed into him. Or between having a conversation with fellow like-minded fans as opposed to screaming obscenities on every Skylanders video posted to YouTube.

Let them hate and deal with it, obvious logic is not going to work on them.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#33 Posted: 10:49:24 24/02/2011
...'What a sad, strange little man.'
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#34 Posted: 12:56:27 24/02/2011
I really dont see why people are so bothered by this, it's an opinion, yes it's stated immaturely, but there is no reason to give it two seconds of your time unless you're wanting to start an arguement.

People have the right to dislike anything and not be antagonized. People that like aspects have the right to not be antagonized. I've seen both sides insult each other, call each other selfish etc, and frankly it's silly.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#35 Posted: 14:09:02 24/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
...'What a sad, strange little man.'

Pure win, WereCat.....pure win!smilie

I agree with Blackholes_Wolf.
Can we not just discuss the game itself?
The fact of the matter is:
[User Posted Image]

Also, you want a bad community/fandom?
Here ya go(Many people will be suprised by me saying this):
[User Posted Image]
---
#36 Posted: 16:08:18 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Aren't you guys being just as bad as the whiners? All your doing is whining about people whining, it's a endless pardox of butthurt. Oh no! some random guy on the internet doesn't like the same things I do! I must tell dS right away

I love how you don't say this to anybody until I make a topic and give a logical response to this person whom is being judgemental over a few screenshots (that is all that existed when he made the photo). It's fairly obvious you have something against me, because I'm the only one that you've told this to.

If you're going to be biased, at least try to hide it better than that.

EDIT: Here's the response.

Quote: stevemacqwark
All of Activision's games are ****! I don't want to see anymore of the kind of games they release. I hope critics tear Skylanders a new one! You forget Activision tried to "innovate" with Tony Hawks Ride and Shred and what happened? They killed the franchise! This is what happens when you abandon what made a game popular in the first place for something alien and half-assed! Skylanders isn't a Spyro game it just has Spyro's name on it so then don't have to put any effort into making a Spyro game that is about Spyro.

I'll just stick to games that remind me of PS1 Spyro such as BlazBlue and Final Fantasy XIII.

**** Skylanders! **** Zimmer! And Call of Duty!

Activision didn't develop and create the Tony Hawk Ride board. Neversoft did. Once again, Activision PUBLISHES the games. They don't make them. Just like how they aren't making Skylanders. They are PUBLISHING the game. Do you know what publishing means?

**** Zimmer? Have you heard ANY of Hans Zimmer's music? Saying that tells me that you didn't hear a single track from him.

You didn't make a single valid point with that comment. I addressed several things to you, and you ignored them all and instead decided to scream "ACTIVISION SUCKS!". That doesn't make a valid arguement.

It seems as though I also got the attention of someone else. Let's see his response:

Quote: InsomD
@ CAV

Yes, several characters have gone through changes in design without complaining but there are just as many characters who go through changes with A LOT of complaining. Let's take Crash Bandicoot for example, there were lots of people that hated his new look in Titans and the supporting characters too. Sonic is also an example. Sly Cooper changed his look for Move Heroes with a lot of complaining. Banjo and Bomberman too.

Design of a character influences whether they like a character or not, voice acting too. If you liked a character and play with them through several games, you might become attached to them. If you change the design and/or voice you lose that attachment because they become almost a completely different character.

Yes, it's true that character design doesn't make a game fun but it can make you like or dislike a character, which seems to important nowadays in gaming.

Mario just changed his colour of shirt and trousers. Wow! He still had his famous red cap and moustache, didn't he? Besides, he hasn't changed since. Over 20 years!

Yes, Gameplay is what makes me play the game till the end. That is true but it's worth saying that there are people that need a good story for them to finish the game.

''So was everything about LoS, and yet everybody gobbled it up and loved that **** to death.''

No. No. No. No. Stop making things up. There are a great number of people who HATED that series. Why do you think there are so many LOS vs Classic wars on YouTube and on the forums?

Was Sonic 06 actually a reboot of the Sonic series? The character designs were the same, the gameplay looks the same (but broken). I haven't played it but from what I've seen, it was just another entry to the series rather than a reboot.

''You guys are getting what you've been asking for''

No. No. No. This is not what we asked for.

I see flame breath and charge attack. I see colourful landscapes. That's about it. The gameplay is the closest to Classics yet but it's still not a Classic type game.

Let's look at All 4 One, the new Ratchet game. It took a different direction in terms of gameplay. I'm okay with this because it still resembles the classic Ratchet & Clank games.

Yes, they go through complaining, and then they boycott the game. It's one of the worst things you can do. The Spyro fandom as bad (if not worse) than the Sonic fandom when they complained about Sonic 4 having green eyes.

Design doesn't do that. Personality is what makes you like a character. Not the design. That's like loving someone for their looks. It's very shallow.

It cannot make you like or dislike a character. And gameplay is still more important to this day.

Yeah, back then that was a lot. And I recall people complaining.

A good story, yes. The story is being made by the people that made Toy Story. I highly doubt they can make a crap story. And once again, story isn't neccessary. Mario doesn't have a story, but it still manages to be a fantastic series of games.

Notice how all of the hate and the wars for LoS didn't start until Dawn of the Dragon was released. Prior to that, nearly everyone loved the series. And several Classic fans still do. So technically, I'm not making things up.

Sonic 06 according to Sega themselves was suppose to be a reboot of the franchise. Does the design HAVE to be different just to be a reboot? Are you really that shallow?

Wait. How can the gameplay be so close to the Classic games, and still not be a Classic games? Because of the damn design? Are you kidding me??

Ok, so it resembles the classic R&C games in terms of the design, even though the gameplay is different? You are seriously that shallow? I can't believe it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:40:05 24/02/2011 by CAV
#37 Posted: 16:42:43 24/02/2011
Oh shut up CAV and get off your high horse, you totally missed of the point of what I was saying once again. Oh look I didn't quote anybody and this proves what point? Hell what point are trying to get prove anyway? Of course I wouldn't say anything because I don't have a reason too, personally I don't have the time for some random fantard, the entire internet is filled with them. Hell by the look the things, it's just some random troll. Stop being so paranoid, also how do you know I haven't told my opinion to anybody else? Seriously, you keep coming quick conclusions way too quickly again and again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:36 24/02/2011 by Blackholes_Wolf
#38 Posted: 16:47:31 24/02/2011
Just thought I would throw in a little comment on Sonic 06:

Sonic 06 is a reboot, but only in terms of tone. It's still the same Sonic as in the other 3D Sonic games, as there are direct connections to other games.

But they made Sonic way too serious in that.

As for R&C, the gameplay is similar enough, but a bit more linear and focuses on co-op.

And I can't see how FFXIII would remind someone of the Classic Spyro games. FFXIII is one of my favourite games in recent times, but it hardly has any similarity to Classic Spyro, or even LoS.

And I just so happen to be listening to FFXIII music!smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:54:06 24/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#39 Posted: 16:52:08 24/02/2011
If you want to compare Skylanders to ANYTHING, compare it to the Devil May Cry reboot. Basically the same response from the fanbase

new dante > old dante
#40 Posted: 16:54:36 24/02/2011
I compare Skylanders to the Shrek the Third game!smilie
---
#41 Posted: 16:58:15 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh shut up CAV and get off your high horse, you totally missed of the point of what I was saying once again. Oh look I didn't quote anybody and this proves what point? Hell what point are trying to get prove anyway? Of course I wouldn't say anything because I don't have a reason too, personally I don't have the time for some random fantard, the entire internet is filled with them. Hell by the look the things, it's just some random troll. Stop being so paranoid, also how do you know I haven't told my opinion to anybody else? Seriously, you keep coming quick conclusions way too quickly again and again.

I haven't seen you say this to anybody else on the site. You stay silent until I say something or make a topic, and then you say something. That gives me the vibe that you are being biased. So yes, I am jumping to conclusions, and I'm calling it how I see it. Don't say you haven't done that before. Don't you remember when you claimed I was new to the internet?

I didn't look for a random fantard. I was scrolling through topics here, and I found that image. His description and his attitude towards everything warranted a response. This is simply me, doing what I do best, responding to the ignorant.

And I was looking through his comments. He's claiming "YOU FAIL" to anyone that says "I like the design", and he praises anyone that agrees with him. He's being dead serious.
#42 Posted: 17:09:15 24/02/2011
I know I looked through his comments too. He sure is acting like a complete jerk to anyone who likes Skylanders, and acting immature as well.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#43 Posted: 17:27:10 24/02/2011
I agree but each to his own. People like that won't change anyway; you're wasting your time. You were thoughtful and sensible in your response, much more than him, but just a mad from what I could tell, so I will say to you what I say to people like him, many others and to myself more often than I like to admit: Chill. Just Chill. It's a game, so just relax, play, have fun, and when your done express your opinion by all means, but I would reccomend you, I and us all try not to get too upset about it.

Also, I agree with Blackholes, Byrn, Razz, and Zackieo.

And finally, we have enough of our own trolls, flamewars, whiners and spaz attacks on this site as it is. Is it really necessary to bring a pointless fight between a regular guy and a scorned, angry kid onto this site from somewhere else too?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#44 Posted: 17:32:59 24/02/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I agree but each to his own. People like that won't change anyway; you're wasting your time. You were thoughtful and sensible in your response, much more than him, but just a mad from what I could tell, so I will say to you what I say to people like him, many others and to myself more often than I like to admit: Chill. Just Chill. It's a game, so just relax, play, have fun, and when your done express your opinion by all means, but I would reccomend you, I and us all try not to get too upset about it.

Also, I agree with Blackholes, Byrn, Razz, and Zackieo.

And finally, we have enough of our own trolls, flamewars, whiners and spaz attacks on this site as it is. Is it really necessary to bring a pointless fight between a regular guy and a scorned, angry kid onto this site from somewhere else too?

Yes......because the responses this guy gives are pure comedy gold.
CAV isn't complaining about this user, just setting up a fun topic.
---
#45 Posted: 17:36:10 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
^Maybe I am wasting my time. But I love doing this, and I at least want the person to see the other side of the argument. His comments and his description warranted a response.

Exactly. It's a game. They act as if it's a matter between life and death. I know you may say that I'm acting like that too. But I'm trying to get people to notice that there are people out there that like the game. This person can't seem to accept an opinion that is different from his. He needs the wake up call.

And I put this here because I want to share.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:37:05 24/02/2011 by CAV
#46 Posted: 17:39:37 24/02/2011

I haven't seen you say this to anybody else on the site. You stay silent until I say something or make a topic, and then you say something. That gives me the vibe that you are being biased. So yes, I am jumping to conclusions, and I'm calling it how I see it. Don't say you haven't done that before. Don't you remember when you claimed I was new to the internet?

I didn't look for a random fantard. I was scrolling through topics here, and I found that image. His description and his attitude towards everything warranted a response. This is simply me, doing what I do best, responding to the ignorant.

And I was looking through his comments. He's claiming "YOU FAIL" to anyone that says "I like the design", and he praises anyone that agrees with him. He's being dead serious.

Be biased to who? YOU? The reason why I posted in this topic is because I was put my point across, it's the entire point of a message board. But apparently I can't post because I might be biased towards you :|
#47 Posted: 17:45:36 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Be biased to who? YOU? The reason why I posted in this topic is because I was put my point across, it's the entire point of a message board. But apparently I can't post because I might be biased towards you smilie

You didn't say a single thing about it until I made a topic regarding it. This is why it's appearing that way.

And apparently I can't post without being arrogant in your eyes. *shrug*
#48 Posted: 17:49:23 24/02/2011
dA and fantards is a guilty pleasure of mine
#49 Posted: 17:50:02 24/02/2011 | Topic Creator
And responding to ignorant users like this one is a guilty pleasure of mine.
#50 Posted: 19:04:57 24/02/2011
My two cents: I personally find it cathartic to talk out things that irk me. The people drawing hate art of Skylanders irk me. I'm fine with them having their own opinions and I generally leave them alone when they post stuff (I rather wish the same could be said of the anti-Skylanders folks, given that I had to block no less than three dA users from my gallery for harassing me and other people just because we didn't hate the new design).

Honestly, Blackholes, it seems like you came to this topic with a chip on your shoulders. Why not take your own advice and ignore those of us who want to talk about this stuff here?
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me