Page 1 of 1
Not feeling it? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1 Posted: 23:33:21 21/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I noticed that there are a lot of topics dedicated to those excited about the game, and on neutral topics, people who say "don't really like it" are almost always questioned by fans.

So here is a place to discuss more negative feelings towards the game. Not necessarily outright hate, but just things you don't really like.

Note to fans: We respect your opinion on the game, but this topic is meant for those who want to express negative thoughts on the game WITHOUT BEING QUESTIONED! You guys already have your fair share of topics to have fangasms on, so don't bother bringing it here. Also, we know enough on the game to express in-depth opinions. However, feel free to express your negative thoughts here, just no fangasms or questioning other peoples opinions.

I'll start:
Toys - When I first found out all the details on the toy concept, I got kind of excited. I thought I would get to buy figurines of my favourite Spyro characters and have a cast of 32 old favourites in-game. Instead, I got a bunch of random characters who look like generic cartoon rejects. I also got a more generic looking Spyro(I like the design, but it doesn't look unique enough for Spyro).

While the idea of saving stats on the toys sounds really cool, this means nothing if the gameplay itself isn't fun.....which brings me to my next point...

Gameplay - The gameplay doesn't look terrible, but it looks like something from a generic kid's action game based on an animated movie. And the trailer showed hoards of enemies surrounding the player too, and we know there will be an emphasis on buiding character stats, so we can expect to see lots of fighting and stat grinding....except we've heard that characters are going to have very simple movesets(Spyro only has flame and charge, for one thing). The levels look linear with very basic platforming in place too....not a good thing. I don't mind linear level design if it looks interesting, and what I have seen looks pretty plain to be honest.

Need to pay extra to make the most of it - This is what gets me....many other games with a wide array of characters would let you use them from the start(you may have to unlock some, but that's a good thing). Yet we have to pay for a plastic figurine to use them. I know you can beat the game with just one character, but if the characters have super simple move sets, I will get bored of them easily. Also....where am I expected to store all these things safely? It's full enough as it is. And there are going to be trading cards to collect too. I have a feeling they will have more portions of the game on them....

------------

I think I will leave it at that for now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 23:58:01 21/02/2011
Brawler, there are more hate topics than fan topics. I don't know where you're getting at, when half of then entire Skylanders forum is of topics expressing dislike.

And more people are actually being questioned for liking the game, rather than being questioned for not liking it. I remember I got interrigated just because I said that I liked the design of Spyro.
#3 Posted: 00:04:22 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
This isn't a hate topic - more for people who are kind of in the middle. If it was a hate topic, I would of called it "THEY KILLED SPYRO!!11!" or something.

I have been questioned for not liking things about the game, and have seen a few people who have too. So I made this topic. I personally have seen more people liking it than hate.

This is mainly for people who would like to actually be thorough with there negativity, and even suggest improvements.
---
#4 Posted: 00:36:28 22/02/2011
If you've seen more people liking it than hating it, then you obviously aren't looking. Look at the announcement page, with all of the people raging. Also look at dA. Me, Aura, and a few others are the only people that actually like the game here on DS.

Good luck with that one. Most people will just whine about the design. So let me start things rolling here with my one thought: BETTER DEVELOPER.

Seriously, I can't stress it enough how much Toys For Bob scares me about this game. They've only acomplished one notable game, and that was years ago when different people were working on the game. Add in the fact that they are trying a stunt like the toy idea, and this is more likely to miss than hit. My guess is that Activision shouldn't have been cheap with the developer and actually should've hired someone with talent. I mean c'mon Activision. You have Raven Software and Treyarch. Those two have a much better track record than Toys For Bob, and could've made a better Spyro game. Hell, even Radical Entertainment can make a better Spyro game than Toys For Bob, and they made Crash of the Titans. The only notable game I can think of off the top of my head that Radical made is Prototype. And they can make a better Spyro game than Toys For Bob.

Activision, next time, learn to stop being so cheap, and hire a real developer. I'm not saying the game is going to suck, but to put Spyro's fate into the hands of Toys For Bob is the equivilant of giving the Call of Duty franchise to Sega; you have no idea what the **** they're going to do, but odds are it won't work.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:58 22/02/2011 by CAV
#5 Posted: 00:56:44 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Why would I look for hate? Anyway, I agree with you in regards to TFB developing it.
---
crazyspyrofan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#6 Posted: 02:09:36 22/02/2011
I don't really like where this is going either. I don't hate the game, but to be honest I'm not really seeing much in it so far. I'm waiting for more information though.
---
"This twisted game needs to be reset,"-Solo Wing Pixy,Ace Combat Zero.
spyro_987 Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#7 Posted: 03:38:14 22/02/2011
What if insomniac was in charge of the next game..
---
HOOPLA
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 03:42:12 22/02/2011
Insomniac was never the publisher of Spyro, they only developed the first three games when Universal owned Spyro at the time.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#9 Posted: 21:41:27 22/02/2011
it seems every time sonicbrawler gets involved in something he gets chewed on.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#10 Posted: 21:46:30 22/02/2011
^Exactly- he has a fair point, too, and I agree with most of the stuff he's pointed out.

EDIT: Don't you love talking about people as if they weren't there? :3
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:23 22/02/2011 by TheWereCat
#11 Posted: 21:57:36 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I've been here the whole time actually! :3
---
#12 Posted: 22:03:59 22/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101
it seems every time sonicbrawler gets involved in something he gets chewed on.

Because of what I said, you accuse me of chewing on my best friend here?
#13 Posted: 22:08:07 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I don't think CAV was chewing on me, but I think SpyroFanatic has just seen the events of the last few days.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:08:34 22/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
#14 Posted: 22:50:53 22/02/2011
*Awkward silence*
---
#15 Posted: 22:52:08 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
So much potential gone down the drain...
---
#16 Posted: 23:00:17 22/02/2011
To Activision, this is the new Guitar Hero... They don't care about the Spyro franchise- they just use his face and name as a marketing technique. They've fooled nearly everyone as to thinking that this is a Spyro game, not a SKL one...

At least Sierra tried with the license- they tried to carry on as normal with AHT, then experimented with a darker side to it on SL, and the money and effort put into the re-boots was astounding.
---
#17 Posted: 23:03:47 22/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheWereCat
To Activision, this is the new Guitar Hero... They don't care about the Spyro franchise- they just use his face and name as a marketing technique. They've fooled nearly everyone as to thinking that this is a Spyro game, not a SKL one...

At least Sierra tried with the license- they tried to carry on as normal with AHT, then experimented with a darker side to it on SL, and the money and effort put into the re-boots was astounding.

I thought I was the only person who realised this is the new Guitar Hero....did anyone else realise that they annonced Skylanders right after axeing Guitar Hero?

The game would actually sell more if they used existing Spyro characters:

1) The characters already have their own fanbase.
2) They are more appealing than the generic monsters we are getting.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#18 Posted: 05:30:45 23/02/2011
I personally don't like the idea of the toys. I mean, I'm not buying over 30 toys. >.<

I also don't like Spyro's incredibly short muzzle. But other than that, I'm quite interested in the game.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#19 Posted: 16:19:25 23/02/2011
If I get this game, I'll rent it. I'm uneasy with the direction and the development studio is not one I can associate with any successful games of late. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#20 Posted: 16:24:39 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
If I get this game, I'll rent it. I'm uneasy with the direction and the development studio is not one I can associate with any successful games of late. <.<;

Yeah. I hope you can rent at least a Spyro toy when renting it though. If needs be, I would buy the Spyro toy though.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#21 Posted: 16:47:50 23/02/2011
Wow, I'm glad to see there are sensible people on the site who can actually give full reasons about their thoughts and not shout out that its "the end of Spyro".
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me