darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Originally wanted to post this in Razz's topic, but it's closed ;(
Page 1 of 1
Originally wanted to post this in Razz's topic, but it's closed ;( [CLOSED]
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#1 Posted: 16:01:00 20/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok, I'm somewhat neutral, but I feel like I should throw in my €$
I wouldn't rate the game before , it get's released, but getting compared with Insomniac trilogy, better be hella great game to stand a chance.
But I wouldn't judge it as Spyro game, becuse it's unlikes in otherwise SONY consoles bind franchise so far announcing nintendo releases, lack of bright yellowgold sparkling light bug dot of hope Sparx simply is, and fact Spyro was semi-gently chaos dunked in l8tr.
Instead, this makes the game concept rating rise this instant. Think about it:
Fierry trippy cocktail of, so far, **** just can get real, WoW and crazy Crash-oid Spyro just because one can and own teh franchises, having copypasted female elf rogue ninja & heroic murlock archer with, finally, a harpoon crazy awesome protagonists, done on opium poppy noodles. Isn't this a game wanted by just about everybody? Well, ok, opium poppy noodles runned out before needed, act don't own Spore and The Sims both awfully needed in, and bit overcombined with figures.

It'll be interesting. Just needs more females, Stealth Elf isn't enought, at last, at last three older charas give me. Three times three. Elora, Zoe, Ember, Cynder, Sheila, more Cynder, Hunter Professor, and, most important, SPARX!

OK, now, I need to get used to this new frownish Spyro. Just one more minute... Almost. Grasp...

> [s] PCHOOOOO
---
Keep smile
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 16:11:36 20/02/2011
Yeah, since the other topic was starting to get off-topic because of XxSparx and Sonicbrawler, Razz had to close it. smilie

I think there are going to be more females in the next game than just Stealth Elf.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#3 Posted: 16:19:46 20/02/2011
We were on-topic in the last one. We were discussing the possibility of Wii DLC in Skylanders...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#4 Posted: 16:24:51 20/02/2011
No you weren't. You were talking about other games instead of being on-topic with Classic Fans who like Skylanders. Didn't Razz talk to you about being off-topic before?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 16:29:52 20/02/2011
We were discussing it, there were just some people who thought Wii can't do DLC, and we were giving them examples of games that do.
---
#6 Posted: 16:32:32 20/02/2011
But you guys couldn't take the conversation to another section of the forums where it is video game-related? It was indeed off-topic for you guys to suddenly talk about other video games and Wii-related talk, instead of staying or returning on topic. CAV was the one who called 'back on topic' but Razz saw the off-topic discussion and closed the topic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:52 20/02/2011 by Aura24
#7 Posted: 16:36:31 20/02/2011
We were telling people that Skylanders on Wii can do DLC.....we were on topic. Just because we mentioned the name of another game does not mean we are off-topic.

Anyway...ON TOPIC:

I bet most of the characters will be gender-neutral, seeing as they look like they came out of the randomly generated cartoon monster machine.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:37 20/02/2011 by sonicbrawler182
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#8 Posted: 17:31:20 20/02/2011
I closed the topic because, when I signed in today, the latest post I saw in it was about Call of Duty and nothing Spyro related and, as previously stated, I'm not going to wade through that stuff just to figure out what the real topic is.

In regards to this topic, I'm waiting to see the game proper before I really pass judgment. I'm leaning toward optimism, but I'm also not very interested in it outside of Spyro's new design.

There's at least one more female besides Stealth Elf that I know of. I don't know her name but she looks pretty much just like Stealth Elf only with orange/red skin and a different hair style. It does not fill me with confidence to see that.
#9 Posted: 17:35:03 20/02/2011
Yay....Spyro is doing official recolours again....smilie
---
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#10 Posted: 18:25:57 20/02/2011
Skylanders =/= Spyro in my opinion.

I think Activisions marketing plan is very smart. Make a game that will appeal to lots of kids and use an older character for the "main" character. This will reintroduce Spyro to new gamers and make him recognizable. Then make a game that's all about Spyro, and the old fans who like Spyro--and the new ones who played Skylanders--will buy the game. It's their way of pushing Spyro back into the spotlight, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl did with Pit. He's getting his own 3DS game now, and from what I understand if Skylanders does well Spyro will have his own game too.
#11 Posted: 18:30:03 20/02/2011
Yeah, Skylanders is not strictly a Spyro game. It's been stated that it is its own franchise but Spyro is a part of the opening game for it. Hopefully, this will prove successful and we'll get a game all about Spyro again sometime soon.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#12 Posted: 18:32:03 20/02/2011
I like the new Skylanders, its got a nice funky art style.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#13 Posted: 18:55:39 20/02/2011
Quote: Razz
Yeah, Skylanders is not strictly a Spyro game. It's been stated that it is its own franchise but Spyro is a part of the opening game for it. Hopefully, this will prove successful and we'll get a game all about Spyro again sometime soon.

Yep.. This..
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#14 Posted: 19:02:15 20/02/2011
I agree with that too. I think Spyro was in it just to 'get it going'.
And I also agree with matesds too.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#15 Posted: 19:05:38 20/02/2011
For now it'll do as a Spyro game.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#16 Posted: 19:07:06 20/02/2011
I'm playing DotD on DS right now.....I think that will do for now, for me....*shrugs*
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 19:56:31 20/02/2011
I find the game to be a launching pad/stepping stone for something bigger. If the reception is good and more people want another Spyro game, then odds are they'll make it.

Quote: Aura24
Yeah, since the other topic was starting to get off-topic because of XxSparx and Sonicbrawler, Razz had to close it. smilie

I feel as though I'm also to blame. The last post was mine, even though I did state how we needed to get back on topic.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#18 Posted: 20:01:07 20/02/2011
Quote: CAV
I find the game to be a launching pad/stepping stone for something bigger. If the reception is good and more people want another Spyro game, then odds are they'll make it.

I feel as though I'm also to blame. The last post was mine, even though I did state how we needed to get back on topic.

I'm probably to blame too... Though, in all honesty, I have no idea what topic where talking about smilie Does anyone have a link?

And I hope that this game will be one of the biggest surprises of 2011... I have a feeling it will be, personally!
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4173
#19 Posted: 20:05:53 20/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

I'm probably to blame too... Though, in all honesty, I have no idea what topic where talking about smilie Does anyone have a link?

And I hope that this game will be one of the biggest surprises of 2011... I have a feeling it will be, personally!

I hope so and I'm optimistic about it.

We're on topic in all the topics! Yay! smilie
#20 Posted: 20:06:04 20/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat

It's the first locked topic in the General Spyro thread.
#21 Posted: 22:43:38 20/02/2011
I have a very short attention span, so I didn't read all the posts in the topic before I locked it. I just saw that it was OT, threw up my hands, and closed the dang thing.

I hope Skylanders does turn out to be surprising in a good way. I'm cautiously optimistic but it's not a game I'm really excited about yet. For the moment, I'm re-playing Spyro 2 (Elora! *heart*). smilie
#22 Posted: 23:15:32 20/02/2011
Playin' Age of Zombies at the moment!smilie
---
#23 Posted: 23:17:10 20/02/2011
Sonicbrawler.... smilie
---
#24 Posted: 23:19:05 20/02/2011
Where the hell did that come from?

I have a very short attention span, so I didn't read all the posts in the topic before I locked it. I just saw that it was OT, threw up my hands, and closed the dang thing.

I hope Skylanders does turn out to be surprising in a good way. I'm cautiously optimistic but it's not a game I'm really excited about yet. For the moment, I'm re-playing Spyro 2 (Elora! *heart*). smilie

Lemmie guess: it was a "You know what? **** it!" moment? I've had so many of those before, lately with all of the people boycotting the game just because of a damn design.

I have my doubts for this, but mostly because of the developer, whom is a shadow of their past success, which only includes one game in the first place. That's why if it is good, I'll be very surprised, and I expect this game to end up winning my award for Most Surprisingly Good Game of 2011.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:25 20/02/2011 by CAV
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#25 Posted: 23:24:05 20/02/2011
the developer, whom is a shadow of their past success, which only includes one game in the first place. That's why if it is good, I'll be very surprised, and I expect this game to end up winning my award for Most Surprisingly Good Game of 2011.

It might be because they are making games they do not want to; they have a petition to be assigned to make a sequel to that one game that was really good.
#26 Posted: 23:39:26 20/02/2011
Yep, it was one of those moments indeed, CAV. I have a lot of them around this fandom. smilie

I'm hoping that this game will be a breath of fresh air for the folks at Activision. Seems like they could use one, what with all their other franchises being driven into the ground.
#27 Posted: 23:40:26 20/02/2011
Quote: Gwenio
It might be because they are making games they do not want to; they have a petition to be assigned to make a sequel to that one game that was really good.

That's a problem. That the people that make games can't even develop a game they want to. But even still, their success was in the 90s, when there was different people. Nowadays we have people that can't seem to develop a game no matter how hard they try.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#28 Posted: 23:43:04 20/02/2011

That's a problem. That the people that make games can't even develop a game they want to. But even still, their success was in the 90s, when there was different people. Nowadays we have people that can't seem to develop a game no matter how hard they try.

The reason they cannot is the IP is owned by a publisher other than Activision, while the developer is owned by Activision. So it is likely we will never know if they have it in them to do well with that game.
#29 Posted: 23:48:41 20/02/2011
Yep, it was one of those moments indeed, CAV. I have a lot of them around this fandom. smilie

I'm hoping that this game will be a breath of fresh air for the folks at Activision. Seems like they could use one, what with all their other franchises being driven into the ground.

I can tell. I have that kind of moment all the time, regardless of where it is. Sure the majority is in the Spyro fandom, but mostly because I'm here more than anywhere else.

And the shame is that they are being driven into the ground by Activision themselves.

The reason they cannot is the IP is owned by a publisher other than Activision, while the developer is owned by Activision. So it is likely we will never know if they have it in them to do well with that game.

I personally have no comment.

As of now Toys For Bob is the only thing that makes me scared for this game, and it makes me want to rent it rather than buy it right away (unfortunately you can't rent toys). If it was someone that has done more good games in the past *coughRadicalcough*, then I wouldn't have to worry so much.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me