Page 1 of 1
Toys For Bob [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#1 Posted: 01:43:04 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
They are the one thing that scares me about this game. I'm looking at their track record:

Star Control
Star Control II
The Horde
Pandemonium
Pandemonium 2
The Unholy War
Little Witching Mischiefs
102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue
Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure
Madagascar
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

The only game there that is any what decent is Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam. Disney's Skate Adventure is decent as well, but only because it directly rips off of Tony Hawk 4.

The game and the idea could be revolutionary if put into the right hands. I highly doubt these are the right hands. Then again, Toys For Bob may have actually learned from their past mistakes.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#2 Posted: 01:45:09 13/02/2011
Star Control was considered a great strategy game, appenrently. I occationally come across complaints about how the third one (made by another company) was bad and they need to take it back on other forums.
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#3 Posted: 01:46:08 13/02/2011
I've never played any of those games, I watched my friend play a little bit of Madagascar and it seemed like your run of the mill movie to game, not great but not absolutely horrid.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#4 Posted: 01:48:43 13/02/2011
I liked Puppies to the Rescue when I was little. Still play it occasionally and get a kick out of it.

Madagascar was decent, but not great.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#5 Posted: 01:49:45 13/02/2011
I have 102 Dalmations.

.....I actually really enjoyed it, save for one glitch where I couldn't find the last puppy.

Madagascar 2 was just an average game, not too bad, but not amazing either.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#6 Posted: 01:53:52 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
The games I played from Toys For Bob:

Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure: Completely rips off Tony Hawk 4, from the controls, to the objectives, to the menus. It's Tony Hawk 4, but Disney-fied. Granted Tony Hawk 4 was great, but playing a carbon copy of it is a waste of money.

Madagascar: The basic movie game. It's so basic to the point that it isn't fun, and instead feels like a chore.

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: It's a change from the original Tony Hawk games. Controls can get buggy at times. It's decent, but once you finish all of the missions, there is nothing left to do. Can't use your created skater in the multiplayer, which is sad, and the multiplayer itself is boring. If it was online, maybe it could've been a bit better. Decent, but ends far too soon.
#7 Posted: 02:00:39 13/02/2011
Quote: CAV
The games I played from Toys For Bob:

Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure: Completely rips off Tony Hawk 4, from the controls, to the objectives, to the menus. It's Tony Hawk 4, but Disney-fied. Granted Tony Hawk 4 was great, but playing a carbon copy of it is a waste of money.

Madagascar: The basic movie game. It's so basic to the point that it isn't fun, and instead feels like a chore.

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: It's a change from the original Tony Hawk games. Controls can get buggy at times. It's decent, but once you finish all of the missions, there is nothing left to do. Can't use your created skater in the multiplayer, which is sad, and the multiplayer itself is boring. If it was online, maybe it could've been a bit better. Decent, but ends far too soon.

Look and number 17.
See here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:04:35 13/02/2011 by Gwenio
#8 Posted: 02:03:21 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gwenio

Never played that game. Forgive me for that.
#9 Posted: 02:06:18 13/02/2011
Quote: Gwenio

Never played that game. Forgive me for that.

Not suprising and I have not either. It is old. Likely the reason their other games are not as good is they have been taken out of their element.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#10 Posted: 12:28:03 14/02/2011
Pandemonium was a good Jump&Run and Disney extrem Skateboarding was a fun game.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#11 Posted: 13:57:16 14/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX

I had Pandemonium for PSX... Nice memories.
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#12 Posted: 13:59:15 14/02/2011

102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue

Holy ****, that was a great game.
#13 Posted: 14:03:06 14/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: XSparxX

Haven't played Pandemonium.

And the reason why Disney Skate (I'll call it that) was fun is because they directly copied Neversoft's more successful Tony Hawk 4. Look at both games. Same controls, similar objectives, and almost the same menus.
Faun Yellow Sparx Gems: 1291
#14 Posted: 15:39:44 14/02/2011
Pandemonium used to be one of my favourite games. Jumping on watermelons...Good times. smilie I totally need to buy a new copy of that game.
---
meguca /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
#15 Posted: 17:22:24 14/02/2011
Activision themselves have me worried, seems alot of people havent been happy with them about other games lately. I keep seeing hate about COD, Dante, GH(which I learned they cancelled so thats why). I mean, you always see some hate with companies, but it seems like it's everywhere.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#16 Posted: 17:26:05 14/02/2011
Toys for Bob is a good developer smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#17 Posted: 17:27:13 14/02/2011
Lol, I keep picturing this huge guy (Bob) sitting in a room surrounded by toys.
---
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#18 Posted: 17:27:58 14/02/2011
I've played Madagascar and Madagascar:Escape 2 Africa
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#19 Posted: 21:15:24 14/02/2011
Well what I'm getting at, is just another average score at metacritic from this game.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#20 Posted: 20:13:34 15/02/2011
Oh, yes, Puppies to the Rescue! That game was awesome, alway's scared me, though... But then most things scared me back then. Heck, I was scared of the adult dragons in ETD, because I thought they were bosses... It took me months to pluck up the courage to approach one dragon, and it turned out he was just there to show the player the portal smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me