darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Skylanders = Complete opposite marketing to LOS
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders = Complete opposite marketing to LOS [CLOSED]
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#1 Posted: 01:13:42 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Think about how they makerted LOS. It was a dark dragon game, a game about highly intelligent Dragons fighting against evil in a dreary atmosphere. It was pretty even gender targeted (with Cynder and Spyro's emotional personality). It took advantage of the way in that if a kid thinks he's playing a game made for older children, he would think it was cool. LOS was not aimed at teenagers, but it seemed to kids like it was, so kids liked it.

With Skylanders, what was can see is the exact opposite.
Its a goofy, colourful game with what looks like an emotionless and vicious main character (Spyro). Characters dont look very intelligent and the game is obviously targeted to males and males only (Vicious dragon, characters with guns, action figures). Im not saying that females wont buy this game, but alot more females would have probably bought LOS. The game makes no effort to make it look like a game made for teenagers and just goes for the goofy, not series, kid-aimed appeal (Similar to the original spyro games, but that was somewhat aimed at more ages than just kids)

I find this really funny actually. tell me what you think.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:14:04 13/02/2011 by Ratchet
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#2 Posted: 02:11:06 13/02/2011
Females would've bought LoS because they like that Cynder is a strong female role and because of the emo story. They all levitate towards emo characters, and Spyro as well as Cynder kinda acted like that.

And for one thing, Classic Spyro was light hearted, goofy, and colorful. The only difference is that Classic had more emotion, and that Spyro is vicious instead of a show-off like in the Classics.
#3 Posted: 02:17:10 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I agree on your first point (for once). It wasnt as goofy as this game, it had an element of seriousness to it. This has no boundaries to wackiness. The characters look straight out of a cartoon.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#4 Posted: 02:38:12 13/02/2011
And Classics looked like something out of a fairytale book.
#5 Posted: 02:39:35 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Not really. Some of the levels in Spyro 1 and thats about it
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#6 Posted: 02:41:05 13/02/2011
Quote: CAV
And Classics looked like something out of a fairytale book.

The classics had some of everything.
#7 Posted: 02:50:57 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
^ thats true. I wouldnt call "Skelos badlands" for one, something out of a fairytale
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#8 Posted: 20:07:27 15/02/2011
I would've prefered more female marketing (mainly so I could buy cuter figurines smilie) but, hey, it may have the same fate as Pokemon; where many girls bought the game and thus it became more oriented to both genders, which increased their market significantly.

AV, there's money to be made in the female market, y'know! COD? SKL? The now-dead Guitar Hero?
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#9 Posted: 05:33:50 16/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheWereCat
I would've prefered more female marketing (mainly so I could buy cuter figurines smilie) but, hey, it may have the same fate as Pokemon; where many girls bought the game and thus it became more oriented to both genders, which increased their market significantly.

AV, there's money to be made in the female market, y'know! COD? SKL? The now-dead Guitar Hero?

Well unlike pokemon, this is aimed at young males from the start. Everything from the song used in the trailer, to spyro's look, to the fact you use action figures.

Originals = More slanted towards males (especially Spyro 1)
TLOS = Neutral, maybe slightly slanted to females
This game = Males
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#10 Posted: 16:01:55 16/02/2011
^ Urgh, that sucks. I'm already embaressed to admit to my parents I want everything for this game, and that certainly doesn't help. :/
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#11 Posted: 12:06:56 17/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Lol, well Im just saying who I think its marketed towards, who they expect to get the most profit off.
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#12 Posted: 14:24:10 17/02/2011
SPYRO IS RUINED NOW.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#13 Posted: 14:54:18 17/02/2011
Quote: ravenouscynder
SPYRO IS RUINED NOW.

Let´s us be emo together :3
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#14 Posted: 14:55:42 17/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX
SPYRO IS RUINED NOW.

Can I join in? smilie
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#15 Posted: 15:24:14 17/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX
SPYRO IS RUINED NOW.

Okay.
*Puts on emo clothes and slits wrists*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me