First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The new Skylanders fanbase... [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#151 Posted: 17:24:14 18/02/2011
Razz is right. Why is it that you guys, Spyrocynder, sonicbrawler, and WereCat, always go off-topic? If you want to go off-topic so bad, post a topic for you to chat in the Stuff and Nonsense section or the idle Chatter. Seriously...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#152 Posted: 17:27:23 18/02/2011
um...
Awkward silence and uh....

*hides*
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#153 Posted: 17:31:51 18/02/2011
*sigh*

This is how it works....

Topic gets queit...
Few of us still talking on it...
Someone says something on-topic, with which someone else makes a connection to something off-topic....
We then go off topic while the forum is still queit....

It's just human nature, the natural flow of conversation....I'm not going to start a new topic for every little detail that changes in a conversation... smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#154 Posted: 18:05:01 18/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
*sigh*

This is how it works....

Topic gets queit...
Someone says something on-topic, with which someone else makes a connection to something off-topic....

It's just human nature, the natural flow of conversation....I'm not going to start a new topic for every little detail that changes in a conversation... smilie

^This... I think...
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#155 Posted: 19:04:06 18/02/2011
Ooh, bad reputation smilie

But seriously, this:

Quote: sonicbrawler182
*sigh*

This is how it works....

Topic gets queit...

---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#156 Posted: 20:45:06 18/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Razz is right. Why is it that you guys, Spyrocynder, sonicbrawler, and WereCat, always go off-topic? If you want to go off-topic so bad, post a topic for you to chat in the Stuff and Nonsense section or the idle Chatter. Seriously...

I do have to agree with this.... There's always off topic chatter for this.... It really does spoil the topics, particularly when I want to have a decent conversation of said topic, and can't because it's been too derailed. Sorry guys.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#157 Posted: 20:47:07 18/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

I do have to agree with this.... There's always off topic chatter for this.... It really does spoil the topics, particularly when I want to have a decent conversation of said topic, and can't because it's been too derailed. Sorry guys.

Especially when it turns into... Well, just look at the Elements topic.
#158 Posted: 20:49:24 18/02/2011
Well, the decent conversation had stopped, and the decent Spyro conversation had opened a door to decent conversation of another kind....

And really, what was the point of this topic anyway....to generalize future Spyro fans?
---
#159 Posted: 20:55:08 18/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Especially when it turns into... Well, just look at the Elements topic.

What elements topic?
#160 Posted: 20:57:16 18/02/2011
Oh yeah, that!smilie

But it was a reference just WAITING to happen....and it was still on-topic, so...
---
#161 Posted: 20:58:22 18/02/2011
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=23603
#162 Posted: 21:00:06 18/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Oh...
#163 Posted: 21:41:37 18/02/2011
Isn't that how a normal conversation works, anyway? You can't talk about something and just talk about that one thing all day- for example, a conversation that changes:

1: Erghh, DotD Cynder sucks...
2: Why?
1: Because she changed colour.
3: I liked the colour she was in DotD; it showed more of her real personality we didn't see in ANB.
1: Really? I prefer her ANB design- it really made you fear Malefor, too, because if this was just his servant, then he must've been terrifying.
3: Hmmm... I see what you mean. Though Malefor didn't turn out to be terrifying... I'd of prefered it if he were bigger and darker- more like the Maleficent dragon from Sleeping Beauty.
2: Maleficent dragon? What?

Whereas:
1: Erghh, DotD Cynder sucks...
2: I know.
3: She's sooooo erghh.
1: I hate her, she's just way too erghh.
2: Plus she's erghh.
3: Cynder sucks in DotD.
1: I mean, erghh... She sucks.
3: Her colours suck, her breaths suck- Cynder just sucks.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#164 Posted: 21:48:43 18/02/2011
Urhh, SO, just to clear the tension, why don't we get back on topic?
#165 Posted: 21:58:04 18/02/2011
Quote: Darby
Urhh, SO, just to clear the tension, why don't we get back on topic?

I like your style!

So, urmm... These new fans will be... Clueless 8 year-olds? Or do you think SSA will attract more hardcore gamers with it's AAA status and draw in an interesting bunch of people who knew about the previous games before-hand?
---
#166 Posted: 22:01:02 18/02/2011
I'm hoping that they don't even know what a forum is.. But seeing the young internet users with Facebooks and such, that's just wishful thinking.. smilie But i don't necessarily think new fans will be bad for Spyro at all. if anything, probably good. smilie
#167 Posted: 22:01:43 18/02/2011
I couldn't careless.....
---
#168 Posted: 22:05:47 18/02/2011
I'm hoping that they don't even know what a forum is.. But seeing the young internet users with Facebooks and such, that's just wishful thinking.. smilie But i don't necessarily think new fans will be bad for Spyro at all. if anything, probably good. smilie

My 10 year old cousin said to me the other day, 'Hey! Guess what? I've only had Facebook for 2 weeks, and I already have 2 friends!'- ah, innocence!
---
#169 Posted: 22:11:29 18/02/2011
@ Sonicbrawler: Just trying to get back on topic to save it from what was going on..

@ TheWereCat: Exactly! Haha, my best friend has a little brother who's only, what, six? He's got a Facebook already. But i guess it's okay considering he's only got it for FarmVille smilie

Aaand there i go off topic.

OT - I guess it doesn't really matter to me. lol, the fans don't really make a difference to me tbh, but certain types of fans seem to annoy the majority of people here.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#170 Posted: 22:13:18 18/02/2011
Not innocence...naivety.
#171 Posted: 22:16:05 18/02/2011
D'awww, as much as I hate FarmVille, I must admit that that's sweet smilie

And, meh, I'm just worried that the forums are spammed with 'PLEAZ HLP!!11 iz stuck on SKYLANDERS!!1' and little kids who should be playing FarmVille, not DarkSpyro, but-hey- they usually don't use the forums, anyway.
---
#172 Posted: 22:16:58 18/02/2011
With any luck, they'll go straight to the source - ACTIVISION. And spam their email with help questions smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#173 Posted: 22:18:21 18/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
D'awww, as much as I hate FarmVille, I must admit that that's sweet smilie

And, meh, I'm just worried that the forums are spammed with 'PLEAZ HLP!!11 iz stuck on SKYLANDERS!!1' and little kids who should be playing FarmVille, not DarkSpyro, but-hey- they usually don't use the forums, anyway.

Hopefully.
#174 Posted: 22:24:13 18/02/2011
@ Sonicbrawler: Just trying to get back on topic to save it from what was going on..

@ TheWereCat: Exactly! Haha, my best friend has a little brother who's only, what, six? He's got a Facebook already. But i guess it's okay considering he's only got it for FarmVille smilie

Aaand there i go off topic.

OT - I guess it doesn't really matter to me. lol, the fans don't really make a difference to me tbh, but certain types of fans seem to annoy the majority of people here.

I wasn't being snarky to you, I was just giving my on-topic opinion....
---
#175 Posted: 22:27:20 18/02/2011
Sorry if my reply made you think that's what i thought. I wasn't sure in the first place.. smilie
#176 Posted: 22:27:35 18/02/2011
With any luck, they'll go straight to the source - ACTIVISION. And spam their email with help questions smilie

Like the help-line in game booklets!! smilie Except nobody ever used those...
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#177 Posted: 23:14:16 18/02/2011
I can't actually figure out what we're talking about because certain people keep going off-topic even in their own off-topic conversations.

I hate to be the one to break it to you guys, but this wasn't a problem in the past and it is possible to stay on topic in a forum. Like I said, if the topic gets quiet, that means it's dying and unless you have something to say that's relevant to said topic, it needs to stay quiet. Forums are not normal conversation and making excuses for your lazy discussion behavior only makes the problem worse. A lot of people I talk with off this site were once interested in these forums but now want nothing to do with them because certain people can't stay focused. This is not a problem on other Spyro forum sites and it should not be a problem here.

As previously stated, if you want to have an off-topic conversation with your buddies, either PM them or do it in the Idle Chatter/Spam boards. This is a Spyro forum and most of us are here to talk about SPYRO. If we wanted to talk about something else, we'd be at a different site or in the non-Spyro boards.
#178 Posted: 23:18:37 18/02/2011
Quote:
... once interested in these forums but now want nothing to do with them because certain people can't stay focused.

This right now is me, in all honesty... I only stay here because I hate SF and I can't find any other decent Spyro site I actually want to join.
#179 Posted: 23:20:47 18/02/2011
My reason for leaving a couple months back was largely due to this constant off-topicness, which wasn't a problem as late as November 2010. The only reason I came back was for the Skylanders info, but it's starting to really bug me that we can't even talk about that without someone being inappropriate or going off-topic in a big way.
#180 Posted: 23:21:15 18/02/2011
Agreed...
#181 Posted: 23:24:46 18/02/2011
Well, excuse me for being human....smilie
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#182 Posted: 23:33:29 18/02/2011
Well, I'm not taking sides because I do it sometimes too, but you do do it an awful amount of time.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#183 Posted: 23:35:04 18/02/2011
Yeah, but at least I still discuss productive things. It's not like I go asking people how their day was or anything.
---
#184 Posted: 23:36:02 18/02/2011
You can be human, SonicBrawler, but there's a difference between being a little unfocused and derailing a topic almost 100% of the time, to the point at which it drives other users away from the forum and is kind of rude. I've got ADD and you don't see me starting up random topics about Portal in the middle of someone else's conversation. It's not polite in the context of a forum and it's not hard to stop yourself from derailing posts if you put just an iota of effort into it.

I like you as a person, but you're ability to turn a topic I liked into nothing but uninteresting drivel is a large part of why I left these forums a few months ago and why a lot of people don't want to hang around anymore.
#185 Posted: 23:37:16 18/02/2011
What Razz said.
#186 Posted: 23:37:50 18/02/2011
Yeah, I do agree.
---
I draw stuff.
#187 Posted: 23:57:56 18/02/2011
But to be honest, I've seen more good than bad come from going off topic.
---
#188 Posted: 00:05:56 19/02/2011
Having been here since 2007, all I see is the collapse of a once-good forum. We're here because we want to talk about Spyro, not Sonic or Conker or Family Guy or anything else. Spyro. All I've seen come of these off-topic posts is you and the same two people having an incomprehensible conversation that excludes every other user and rudely disrupts a conversation that was in progress. A thread doesn't have to update constantly to still be relevant and interesting. I've seen a lot of topics I wanted to get in on only to get to the last page and find the same three people babbling about something uninteresting and which makes no sense. It's why the old "new Spyro" news post had to be shut down; the topic was literally too bloated with off-topic conversation and nobody looking for legitimate news could find it because it 100+ pages of meaningless talk that would have to be sifted through.

Like I said, if you want to talk about other things, go ahead. But do it in the proper places. There are three other boards dedicated just to that. The rest of us are here for Spyro and if we wanted to talk about anything else we would be in those other boards doing it.
#189 Posted: 01:00:41 19/02/2011
Also agreeing with Razz.
---
#190 Posted: 01:04:50 19/02/2011
I've sent a PM to dark52 about this general issue, as well as the moral degradation of the Spyro sections in general. Dunno if anything will come of it, but something's got to be done before we loose the last decent place on-line for Spyro fans to hang out.
#191 Posted: 01:07:22 19/02/2011
Yeah, I agree with this too. The off-topic problem is going out of hand.
---
I draw stuff.
#192 Posted: 01:07:48 19/02/2011
He was online a few minutes ago, but he's gone now.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#193 Posted: 02:39:37 19/02/2011
Quote: Razz
I've seen a lot of topics I wanted to get in on only to get to the last page and find the same three people babbling about something uninteresting and which makes no sense.

If that's the case, then just quote it and respond to it. I do it often, like right now:

Oh now this is a little ridiculous here.. smilie

http://legend-of-spyro-fans.de.../blog/38385142/

I don't see anything. Did they delete the blog post?
#194 Posted: 02:43:05 19/02/2011
While that works in some cases, it misses the point in general. We don't all have the time to dig through multiple pages of spam in order to find the one thing we wanted to talk about.

Yep, it looks like they deleted it. I wound up leaving the last Spyro group I was a member of on dA that I wasn't running because of the Skylander hate. I can tolerate to a degree, but when the group dedicated to Insomniac Spyro wastes my time with that kind of drek, it's just too much.
#195 Posted: 02:43:45 19/02/2011
Yeah, they deleted the blog post. An LoS admin of the group was fueled with his hatred of the Skylanders game that he posted a blog to rally up the haters of Skylanders into sending mail to Activision to try and make them cancel the upcoming Spyro game since they hate it so much, which is pretty stupid.
---
#196 Posted: 03:02:32 19/02/2011
Dang, I'm sorry I looked at that because it inspired me to check out if they were still being complete jerks on the Old Spyro Club. Turns out they are and it absolutely sickens me. The LoS group actually deleted their hate post and put up an apology as well as a post telling their group to get back on track and only post LoS material. I never thought I'd be in a position to say it, but at least in this instance, the LoS fans have out-classed the classic fans by a huge margin. While Insomniac Spyro will always be my favorite, I am officially sick of the classic fans if that's the way they're going to treat other Spyro fans, especially when they've been treated that way and should know better.
#197 Posted: 03:05:19 19/02/2011
Really? In that case... I agree.
#198 Posted: 03:07:02 19/02/2011
Though I never imagined the LoS admin, who is a friend of mine, would go to such length to try and create a huge desperate move that would devastate the fanbase on DA without even thinking about it beforehand. I never seen a fan on the web be fueled by such hate...
---
#199 Posted: 03:13:06 19/02/2011
That's something that's really bothering me about the Spyro fandom at large right now. I'm seeing a lot of really nasty behavior from both sides, but especially the classic fans. I would have figured they'd be happier since the new game seems to have nothing to do with LoS and the new Spyro is very obviously modeled after classic Spyro.

I'm not super excited about the game itself, but I'm really bothered by the way the other fans are deciding to treat something they know very little about and potential fans they've never met. Just because we got an influx of crude fans from DotD doesn't mean that the Skylanders fans are automatically going to be bad. In fact, given their likely age, I would bet money (if I had any) that the Skylander fans are going to be pretty decent. All the ones I've met so far are sweet, at any rate, which is not something I can say about classic or LoS fans (I've met plenty of bad eggs from both batches over the years).
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#200 Posted: 03:15:47 19/02/2011
Yeah, they deleted the blog post. An LoS admin of the group was fueled with his hatred of the Skylanders game that he posted a blog to rally up the haters of Skylanders into sending mail to Activision to try and make them cancel the upcoming Spyro game since they hate it so much, which is pretty stupid.

[User Posted Image]

Didn't anybody figure it out that petitions and letters to companies never work?

Well, at least the admin came to his senses, unlike 86% of the Spyro fandom.
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me