Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The new Skylanders fanbase... [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1 Posted: 23:52:01 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Is anyone else dreading the fact that there will be a Skylanders fanbase flooding the forums soon? Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that the wars might get worse. Now it might be Classic vs TLOS vs Skylanders....
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#2 Posted: 23:59:29 12/02/2011
Hm. I am concerned about this too....

But right now, it's mostly everyone vs Skylanders smilie
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#3 Posted: 00:01:03 13/02/2011
Yup. smilie /filler
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#4 Posted: 00:02:12 13/02/2011
I would gladly welcome anyone who won't constantly scream about how Spyro's dead. Bring on the new fanbase! I'd love some young, supple minds to play with >smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 00:02:52 13/02/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Is anyone else dreading the fact that there will be a Skylanders fanbase flooding the forums soon? Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that the wars might get worse. Now it might be Classic vs TLOS vs Skylanders....

I think it'd be more like... Everyone else VS Skylanders fans...
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#6 Posted: 00:07:54 13/02/2011
Poor Skylanders fans smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#7 Posted: 00:14:59 13/02/2011
I mean like, the fans who think that it's the greatest game in the world...
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#8 Posted: 00:17:06 13/02/2011
yeah they will be annoying.
#9 Posted: 00:21:28 13/02/2011
Hmm...
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#10 Posted: 00:33:28 13/02/2011
Personally, I'm laughing my butt off at this whole thing. Now the LoS fans can get a taste of their own medicine. smilie But, really, all the Skylander fans I've actually met are pretty nice kids and they are nothing like the screaming fantards I see most often in the rest of this fandom (Classic and LoS fans both make me ashamed to even admit I like any version of Spyro right now).
#11 Posted: 00:38:47 13/02/2011
Quote: Razz
Personally, I'm laughing my butt off at this whole thing. Now the LoS fans can get a taste of their own medicine. smilie But, really, all the Skylander fans I've actually met are pretty nice kids and they are nothing like the screaming fantards I see most often in the rest of this fandom (Classic and LoS fans both make me ashamed to even admit I like any version of Spyro right now).

Personally, I don't give a ****... And, if anything, there are probably just as many original fans that hate Skylanders as there are TLoS fans...
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#12 Posted: 00:39:15 13/02/2011

The nasty fans do not come till after the game has been released.

Though some people already seem to be taking to mindlessly shouting back rather than ignoring or trying to understand and reason with people.
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#13 Posted: 00:40:48 13/02/2011
I'm really indifferent to another fanbase being added. I'm so bitter with every single fanbase I'm in as it is, yet another doesn't make a difference to me. Sure, I'd like the fanbases to not kill each other, but let's face it...we've achieved Sonic Fanbase Mode. Another series won't do anything that hasn't been done before.

And I, personally, would like to enjoy this game when it comes out. If I don't, I'll be disappointed, but won't scream at people who like the game...
#14 Posted: 00:41:37 13/02/2011

xDDD true smilie
---
#15 Posted: 00:44:28 13/02/2011
Quote: bionicle2809

Personally, I don't give a ****... And, if anything, there are probably just as many original fans that hate Skylanders as there are TLoS fans...

This. I've seen quite a few Original fans who are outraged at this game. LOS fans aren't exclusive to the shock and rage. smilie
#16 Posted: 00:49:08 13/02/2011
What are you called the fans that like all Spyro´s ~?
Not specific but may only TLOS and classic Spyro, this fans they like everything from Spyro like me?
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#17 Posted: 00:49:12 13/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo
But right now, it's mostly everyone vs Skylanders smilie

And that's a crying shame. I wouldn't mind it if they played the game. But they are basing all of their hate on the design, and a few screenshots and little gameplay footage.

I agree with the entire statement.

I mean, I'm not a screaming fantard, am I? And I'm one of the few people on here that is actually antisipating this game.
#18 Posted: 00:52:26 13/02/2011

Quote: IsisStormDragon
I'm really indifferent to another fanbase being added. I'm so bitter with every single fanbase I'm in as it is, yet another doesn't make a difference to me. Sure, I'd like the fanbases to not kill each other, but let's face it...we've achieved Sonic Fanbase Mode. Another series won't do anything that hasn't been done before.

And I, personally, would like to enjoy this game when it comes out. If I don't, I'll be disappointed, but won't scream at people who like the game...

These.
#19 Posted: 00:53:51 13/02/2011
^This.
---
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#20 Posted: 01:44:52 13/02/2011
Thank God I have a chance to gain some XP on the site before the flood, the last thing I want to do is to be confused as one of the flood (and that statement unintentionally sounds Halo-ish).

Do you realize that with the new game targeting kids 6-12, we're gonna have a flood of more immature and younger children joining the forums...or trying to join? We're definitely gonna need some people to maintain peace amongst the members. As someone said earlier...
It's not just gonna be Classic v. Legend

Now we got Classic v. Legend v. Skylanders.
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#21 Posted: 01:50:48 13/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX
Not specific but may only TLOS and classic Spyro, this fans they like everything from Spyro like me?

[User Posted Image]
Exactly smilie
#22 Posted: 01:51:49 13/02/2011
Quote: minredd

[User Posted Image]
Exactly smilie

^I second this motion^
#23 Posted: 02:35:20 13/02/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

[User Posted Image]
Exactly smilie

^I second this motion^

Love the stamp. Agree with the posts.
#24 Posted: 04:14:38 13/02/2011

This. I've seen quite a few Original fans who are outraged at this game. LOS fans aren't exclusive to the shock and rage. smilie

While you two were busy pointing fingers at Classic fans because I said something about LoS fans you missed my point entirely. Here it is again:

Classic and LoS fans both make me ashamed to even admit I like any version of Spyro right now.
#25 Posted: 04:31:32 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Come guys, lets not fight. I didn't make this topic to fight. I made to to have a small conversation.
---
#26 Posted: 04:43:51 13/02/2011
You're topic kind of starts off as being inflammatory. It's pretty unfair to bash a fanbase that barely exists and which, as far as I've seen personally, is composed of very nice people who are behaving much more rationally and fairly than the entirety of the rest of the fandom combined.

I've been harassed openly no less than five times in two days just for posting some happy doodles of Skylander Spyro and I'm honestly not even a fan of the game. In all cases, the harassment was coming from the old fans. And let's not forget the flood of hate art and vicious comments in which other Spyro fans are saying anyone who likes the new game is some form of lower life. In the midst of all this, I haven't seen a single mean peep out of a Skylander fan; they just want to be excited about this and are genuinely confused by the hate.

I'll take the Skylander fanbase any day if that's the way you guys are going to act.
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4173
#27 Posted: 13:48:18 14/02/2011

[User Posted Image]
Exactly smilie

^Nice!
#28 Posted: 21:05:52 14/02/2011

While you two were busy pointing fingers at Classic fans because I said something about LoS fans you missed my point entirely. Here it is again:

Classic and LoS fans both make me ashamed to even admit I like any version of Spyro right now.

I don't want to start a fight, but let me clear this up...

Personally, I'm laughing my butt off at this whole thing. Now the LoS fans can get a taste of their own medicine.

^This is what I was responding to. It wasn't just the LOS fans who are outraged, so I don't see how the comment makes any sense, since there's equal rage from both. And yes, I DID see your comment about how both fanbases make you ashamed to even like any version of Spyro, but I still wanted to say what I said. Sorry if the point supposedly went over my head. And I wasn't even pointing fingers at Original fans, I was just saying.
#29 Posted: 22:32:04 14/02/2011
^ I think what Razz is referring to by that, is how some LoS fans were all 'Classic Spyro is dead yada yada LoS is staying forever so stop complaining about the change' etc.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#30 Posted: 22:35:35 14/02/2011
This fan war and the Skylanders hate are childish smilie
---
#31 Posted: 22:42:34 14/02/2011
It is, really. The hate for this game in particular is bugging me.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#32 Posted: 22:45:50 14/02/2011
Don't worry, it will die down. It died down with Sonic 4, and it will here....

...besides, there are much bigger fish to fry than Activision, at least for me.....smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#33 Posted: 22:47:23 14/02/2011
^ I think what Razz is referring to by that, is how some LoS fans were all 'Classic Spyro is dead yada yada LoS is staying forever so stop complaining about the change' etc.

I don't recall 'a staying forever' as much as I remember a 'it happened; get over it'. But I'll stop now...
#34 Posted: 22:48:08 14/02/2011

I don't recall 'a staying forever' as much as I remember a 'it happened; get over it'. But I'll stop now...

Yeah, I only heard that once or twice, not very much. It's mostly what you said though.
---
#35 Posted: 22:55:49 14/02/2011

I wasn't pointing fingers at Classic fans... I like both series, I would be a massive hypocrite to have a go at people for liking the classic games. Anyway, I wasn't referring to you being ashamed about liking any version, I was referring to the whole idea that all TLoS fans are getting pissed off by the chance and that it's "A taste of their own medicine". I couldn't disagree more, and I apologize for putting it so bluntly. That was pretty much the reason why I made that post so I see no reason to expand on what I already said...
#36 Posted: 01:45:41 15/02/2011
I'm bracing myself for a possible surge in fan wars. I have a feeling that once the SKL fanbase gets its footing here, we're gonna have a bit of anarchy on some topics...
#37 Posted: 06:59:42 15/02/2011 | Topic Creator
You're topic kind of starts off as being inflammatory. It's pretty unfair to bash a fanbase that barely exists and which, as far as I've seen personally, is composed of very nice people who are behaving much more rationally and fairly than the entirety of the rest of the fandom combined.

I've been harassed openly no less than five times in two days just for posting some happy doodles of Skylander Spyro and I'm honestly not even a fan of the game. In all cases, the harassment was coming from the old fans. And let's not forget the flood of hate art and vicious comments in which other Spyro fans are saying anyone who likes the new game is some form of lower life. In the midst of all this, I haven't seen a single mean peep out of a Skylander fan; they just want to be excited about this and are genuinely confused by the hate.

I'll take the Skylander fanbase any day if that's the way you guys are going to act.

Really? Sorry, it wasn't suppose to be a flame. After my experience with the young DOTD fanbase, sometimes I feel that Skylanders may be the same. But if what you said is true, then I would be more hopeful about this fanbase.
---
#38 Posted: 14:04:42 15/02/2011
And I'm talking more of the anti-skylanders flaming the Skylanders fans.

Like anti-classics flame classic fans
And anti-Legend flame Legend fans.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#39 Posted: 17:20:12 15/02/2011
Generally, younger kids stay on the game pages, thank God... But I could just imagine all the 5-star ratings for SKL and the 1-star ratings for everything else, as well as the immature comments- 'DUDE,,,, this gamez suckkksss!! cos it dont hav terrrrrafin'

Ah well, what fun I'll have tricking their innocent gullible minds and possibly educating them on Cynder's, erm, loyal 'fanbase' >smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#40 Posted: 19:12:02 15/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
Generally, younger kids stay on the game pages, thank God... But I could just imagine all the 5-star ratings for SKL and the 1-star ratings for everything else, as well as the immature comments- 'DUDE,,,, this gamez suckkksss!! cos it dont hav terrrrrafin'

Ah well, what fun I'll have tricking their innocent gullible minds and possibly educating them on Cynder's, erm, loyal 'fanbase' >smilie

Fail evil smiley....

And I think I will do the educating, seeing as I'm one of the "loyal fanbase"....smilie
---
#41 Posted: 19:28:08 15/02/2011
Damn you, automatic smileys!

Aha, I could just imagine their faces as you, erm, 'guide' them on the ways of a 'loyal Cynder fan'... :3
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#42 Posted: 19:30:38 15/02/2011
Language, WereCat, there are kiddies on this site X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#43 Posted: 19:52:43 15/02/2011
Ohh, silly me, forgetting that Spyro is a kid's game smilie

*Clears throat* So, urm, Skylanders fanbase?
---
#44 Posted: 20:26:46 15/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
Language, WereCat, there are kiddies on this site X3

But whats about the "dam = damn" pun in DotD?
See? It's OK to say damn!smilie
---
#45 Posted: 21:03:49 15/02/2011
^ Fair point!... Damn, damn, damn, da- *shot*
---
#46 Posted: 21:05:48 15/02/2011
And I'm sure most kids swear all the time these days....the ones I know do!smilie
---
#47 Posted: 21:09:51 15/02/2011
There's that, too- just listen to the kids on my school bus!! But, then, they never do infront of anyone older then them; today I taught English catch-up to a group of year 7's and they were surprisingly polite and sweet, despite me having heard them swear to their heart's content before smilie
---
#48 Posted: 21:20:24 15/02/2011
Brace yourselves for the Flood guys.
#49 Posted: 21:20:55 15/02/2011
Not to mention some of them play GTA, or maybe even Conker!smilie
---
#50 Posted: 22:26:15 15/02/2011
I could just imagine a lil' kid being the coolest in his school because he plays Conker... Not that he ever told them it was for GB Colour, though... smilie

Oh, I just realised I must be a spiteful, cursing hoodie, then, because I play Conker smilie
---
Page 1 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me