darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > No.. No... Spyro is dead? SPYRO IS DEAD!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
No.. No... Spyro is dead? SPYRO IS DEAD! [CLOSED]
ignitusforever Ripto Gems: 1788
#1 Posted: 22:36:53 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I honestly can't belive this. My Spyro fan inside me has gone numb for a while, and now it's completley shattered.
I don't care what you people think, but as soon as I read the annoucement, something inside me died. no words can express my horror.
I mean, the screenshot of Spyro looks like some demon from.. that game, where you can make, monsters, and, role play with them... (I forgot the name)
And this quote is just screaming corruption and massive techincal failure,
Quote:
but a $70 starter pack will include the video game, three toys, portal and trading cards.

To me, that translates into, "More money please!"
http://angryjoeshow.com/2011/01/top-reasons-fable-iii/ (11:34-11:39)
The article said there would be thirty two toys for the game, and the starter pack only has three. That's 29 that people that buy the starter pack won't have, and who knows how much all 29 will cost when the price is decided. Considering the fancy technology behind it, Activison can probably get away with selling just one for a lot of money. And the starter pack is already 70$. Some poor loser out there would have probably spent hundreds of dollars on this game once they got everything!
And the article also said the game will be aimed toward younger children. They won't know any better if they're getting ripped off! And if this thing turns out to be like Pokemon, they'll just keep adding more and more toys to skyrocket their profit margin!
The second thing that bugs me is the fact that you have to put the toy on the portal in order to get in game. The list of errors that could pop up is endless. Technology like this has been around before. I don't remember much, but The Angry Video Game Nerd once reviewed a console that you had to put together in order to play. (I am not sure, but I think it was the Sega Genesis and the Jaguar.) That thing had so many parts to put together it took up a ton of space once it was complete. And it was awfully glitchy too.
True, technology has advanced very far since then, but this is still a system that's never been tried before. It will take a lot of tweaking to get rid of all the bugs.
And how will the Wii, or any other console this game might be released on, be able to work with this technology anyway? Nintendo probably will be working on the portal and toys, but that doesn't change the fact that the Wii and these portals and toys will most likely have diffrent systems. I honestly don't see how anyone could connect the two together and have it work without a whisper a problem. And if the people who do design the techonlogy for this game are really lazy, I'll be sure it will never work.
The last thing that bothers me about this article is that it hardly seems to say anything about Spyro at all. It tells us his design and about his flame breath and horn charge, but that's it. It's really about that stupid new technology and how it will work.
In my opinion, this is truly Spyro's final end.
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#2 Posted: 22:49:57 12/02/2011
Please read.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 23:10:14 12/02/2011
Oh god, not another flame topic...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ElectricDragons Ripto Gems: 1138
#4 Posted: 23:11:05 12/02/2011
Aura, what ARE you up to.....?
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 23:12:32 12/02/2011
*facepalm* Sometimes, simple text is enough and you don't need a poster. This is one of those cases.

At least ignitusforever actually gave some reasons, unlike half the 'fandom'. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:55 12/02/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#6 Posted: 23:13:17 12/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76
*facepalm* Sometimes, simple text is enough and you don't need a poster. This is one of those cases.

At least ignitusforever actually gave some reasons, unlike half the fandom.

Yeah ignitus did gave out some reasons, instead of yelling out what the other fanbase is yelling...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#7 Posted: 23:17:15 12/02/2011
No Spyro is not dead.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#8 Posted: 23:18:09 12/02/2011
People seem to just want to complain and say that Spyro is dead. Can you at least give the game a freakin chance.

I wish I knew how to make my father's camera record video, so I can upload it. Maybe things will register in your heads if I say it in person.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:18:31 12/02/2011 by CAV
Phantom Platinum Sparx Gems: 5229
#9 Posted: 23:22:51 12/02/2011
Spore.
---
CAUTION!
Falling Chandeliers
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#10 Posted: 23:23:29 12/02/2011
Quote: CAV
People seem to just want to complain and say that Spyro is dead. Can you at least give the game a freakin chance.

I wish I knew how to make my father's camera record video, so I can upload it. Maybe things will register in your heads if I say it in person.

Sigh... its so true.
I just wish people would think like this.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#11 Posted: 23:27:45 12/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001

Sigh... its so true.

Those fans are like fans of Sonic when they saw Sonic 4, complaining about the game when it was still early in development and had the current design of Sonic instead of his old look.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:09 12/02/2011 by Aura24
#12 Posted: 23:28:47 12/02/2011
Sigh... its so true.

As a matter of fact, I want to try getting the camera to work. Maybe I can, and I'll upload the video sometime in the near future.
#13 Posted: 23:31:21 12/02/2011
Quote: Aura24

Sigh... its so true.

Those fans are like fans of Sonic when they saw Sonic 4, complaining about the game when it was still early in development and had the current design of Sonic instead of his old look.

This!
---
#14 Posted: 23:33:51 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gwenio

I already read that, and I still don't care. Everybody has a right to free speech. Let's face it, if everybody agreed on everything around here, it would be terribly boring. Debate is what makes a forum what it is. (Okay, a lot of people prefer to shout and scream like two year olds than debate, but I've made my point)
Give this game a chance? Give me one good reason why I should give this pile of sewage a chance! The proof is right in front of me; Activison made Spyro a money magnet for their own greedy desires.
Another member even said that only Spyro is needed to finish the game. What does THAT tell you? What's the point of adding a pile of other characters if they aren't even required to beat the game?
For money.
TLOS is looking pretty **** good right now....
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#15 Posted: 23:34:47 12/02/2011
Quote: ignitusforever

I already read that, and I still don't care. Everybody has a right to free speech. Let's face it, if everybody agreed on everything around here, it would be terribly boring. Debate is what makes a forum what it is. (Okay, a lot of people prefer to shout and scream like two year olds than debate, but I've made my point)
Give this game a chance? Give me one good reason why I should give this pile of sewage a chance! The proof is right in front of me; Activison made Spyro a money magnet for their own greedy desires.
Another member even said that only Spyro is needed to finish the game. What does THAT tell you? What's the point of adding a pile of other characters if they aren't even required to beat the game?
For money.

Point number 2: You are giving them what they want.

You must resist the tempation of the Dark side.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:28 12/02/2011 by Gwenio
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#16 Posted: 23:58:20 12/02/2011

For money.

Um... Because you haven't played it yet? From the gameplay, it looks rather fun. What's wrong with being able to play other characters besides Spyro? Remember Shiela, Srg. Byrd, Agent 9? Did they make the game horrible for being playable? If you don't want to buy them, then don't. This game IN NO WAY can harm you. It's not like it just killed your family or something.
#17 Posted: 23:59:54 12/02/2011
Quote: minredd

For money.

Um... Because you haven't played it yet? From the gameplay, it looks rather fun. What's wrong with being able to play other characters besides Spyro? Remember Shiela, Srg. Byrd, Agent 9? Did they make the game horrible for being playable? If you don't want to buy them, then don't. This game IN NO WAY can harm you. It's not like it just killed your family or something.

A clear sign of overreaction...
---
#18 Posted: 00:11:35 13/02/2011
^ This...
---
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#19 Posted: 00:37:23 13/02/2011

Optional figures/toys that you can buy...

That is totally, completely definitely, positively, absol-blazin-lutely A MONEY MAKING SCHEME HOLEY CRUD!!! ACTIVISION WANTS TO MAKE MONEY!!! THEY'RE EVIL!!!!

OF COURSE they want to make money. They're a *le gasp* BUSINESS, and the figures *gasps again* cost MONEY to make, so NATURALLY they'd like for the players to buy the other figurines, but guess what?! You DON'T have to!

As for the portal system...they've had two blazing years to develop this. That's plenty of time to iron out issues. If not, just great, they have a buggy system, but right now...it's far too early, and they've spent too much time on this as it is, to make any judgments at the moment.

And Spyro isn't dead. I will admit I have mixed feelings about this, but it could be amazing. It's too early to say.
#20 Posted: 00:51:06 13/02/2011

For money.

^this.

How's about you play the game before calling it toxic waste? That's what everybody did with LoS. What makes Skylanders so differentA?
#21 Posted: 01:16:20 13/02/2011

For money.

^this.

How's about you play the game before calling it toxic waste? That's what everybody did with LoS. What makes Skylanders so differentA?

It has toys -er, action figures.

That's my thoughts, anyway.
spyro16 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1710
#22 Posted: 01:20:38 13/02/2011
I know what ya mean. I wanna buy it but my parents won't let me cause of exactly what others are saying......."HE LOOKS LIKE A DEMON!"(My mom said this)
In my opinion he actually looks kinda cool. My mom won't even give it a chance but I'm willing to.
---
Slendy's Shadow
i love smilie smilie and smilie
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#23 Posted: 01:50:40 13/02/2011
Spyro isn't dead...

He's being resurrected and reborn.
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#24 Posted: 03:59:11 13/02/2011
...I know right. when i heard of a new spyro game, i flipped out. I was so excited smilie But then...this game has shattered me into peices ;(
#25 Posted: 04:32:06 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator

For money.

Actullay, the levels featuring Sgt.Byrd, Shelia, and Agent 9 made the Spyro games a lot less enjoyable for me. They were somewhat difficult and fustrating and really boring. That alone turned me off to the idea of being able to play as other characters in the Spyro franchise. (With the exception of Ember and Flame)
My brother gave Kane and Lynch 2 a try, and it litterlay made him throw up. I am not going to give a game a try when I know it's a nothing but a marketing scheme.
And I know how industries work. Of course they develop games for money, but it's an entirely diffrent thing when they pull off a stunt like this.
#26 Posted: 04:34:20 13/02/2011

For money.

Actullay, the levels featuring Sgt.Byrd, Shelia, and Agent 9 made the Spyro games a lot less enjoyable for me. They were somewhat difficult and fustrating and really boring. That alone turned me off to the idea of being able to play as other characters in the Spyro franchise. (With the exception of Ember and Flame)
My brother gave Kane and Lynch 2 a try, and it litterlay made him throw up. I am not going to give a game a try when I know it's a nothing but a marketing scheme.
And I know how industries work. Of course they develop games for money, but it's an entirely diffrent thing when they pull off a stunt like this.

No wonder you find playing different characters in a Spyro game boring... smilie
---
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#27 Posted: 08:28:23 13/02/2011
I could not even be arsed to read all that flaming crap.
#28 Posted: 12:28:59 14/02/2011
Quote: Aura24

No wonder you find playing different characters in a Spyro game boring... smilie

Yes no wonder...smilie
---
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#29 Posted: 12:31:20 14/02/2011
YOU're dead!
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#30 Posted: 14:10:03 14/02/2011
Spyro's not dead. End of story. :/
#31 Posted: 15:57:24 14/02/2011

I do kinda agree about the playable characters. AHT was decent at best. But once again, you only need Spyro to complete the game. And note, AHT was made by Eurocom, a developer that had no experience with the series before and was making the new characters by scratch. For all we know, Toys For Bob might actually pull it off.

Wait. What does Kane and Lynch 2 have to do with any of this? That piece just came out of nowhere, and as far as I see it has nothing to do with what we're discussing. Granted, I understand why your brother would throw up. I mean come on, in the very first stage you're naked and covered in blood. It's no surprised he barfed. But what does Kane and Lynch 2 have to do with the discussion at hand?

Ok, so by your logic the Nintendo Wii, Rock Band and Guitar Hero were stunts that the developers pulled off in an attempt to grab money without even trying to get the item to work, even though they all got high critical acclaim and have been deemed revolutionary while changing the world of gaming forever. Also by your logic, the 3DS is another sad attempt of getting cash without trying.
#32 Posted: 16:32:24 14/02/2011
Spyro is not dead. Skylanders is a up-to-date classic Spyro game live with that smilie
---
Cynder985 Ripto Gems: 425
#33 Posted: 16:33:40 14/02/2011
^This.
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#34 Posted: 19:40:20 14/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX
Spyro is not dead. Skylanders is a up-to-date classic Spyro game live with that smilie

I agree with the bolded part. But I think that Skylanders is not a Spyro game, it's a game featuring Spyro, like Mario Kart is a game featuring Mario. *shot*
minredd Blue Sparx Gems: 698
#35 Posted: 20:19:57 14/02/2011
Quote: zzsdf
Quote: XSparxX

I agree with the bolded part. But I think that Skylanders is not a Spyro game, it's a game featuring Spyro, like Mario Kart is a game featuring Mario. *shot*

But if it sells well, Spyro gets his own game.
#36 Posted: 20:50:55 14/02/2011

I do kinda agree about the playable characters. AHT was decent at best. But once again, you only need Spyro to complete the game. And note, AHT was made by Eurocom, a developer that had no experience with the series before and was making the new characters by scratch. For all we know, Toys For Bob might actually pull it off.

Wait. What does Kane and Lynch 2 have to do with any of this? That piece just came out of nowhere, and as far as I see it has nothing to do with what we're discussing. Granted, I understand why your brother would throw up. I mean come on, in the very first stage you're naked and covered in blood. It's no surprised he barfed. But what does Kane and Lynch 2 have to do with the discussion at hand?

Ok, so by your logic the Nintendo Wii, Rock Band and Guitar Hero were stunts that the developers pulled off in an attempt to grab money without even trying to get the item to work, even though they all got high critical acclaim and have been deemed revolutionary while changing the world of gaming forever. Also by your logic, the 3DS is another sad attempt of getting cash without trying.

I agree with this 100%.
#37 Posted: 00:50:13 15/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote:

No, my brother threw up because whenever you ran, the camera shook.
My point for bringing Kane and Lynch 2 into this is why would I try something that I think is complete, money hoarding garbage? IfI do buy that and I hate it, that will be $70 I can't get back.
And Rockband, Gutair Hero and all that other stuff is diffrent. They sell all the accessories with the box, and they don't sell anything extra to temp fans to buy more.
And I don't think you get my point. I would only get Spyro if I got the game, but what about the intended audience, kids 6-12? They're a lot more gullible, so they would be a lot easier to convince them to buy more of the toys.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#38 Posted: 01:33:07 15/02/2011
the purple dragon i once knew is no more, i can say it. He isnt spyro anymore hes just a title. Spyro has lost his mojo like austin would say.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#39 Posted: 01:39:29 15/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101
the purple dragon i once knew is no more, i can say it. He isnt spyro anymore hes just a title. Spyro has lost his mojo like austin would say.

In your perspective and opinion, nothing more.
---
#40 Posted: 03:55:04 15/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh, and when I express my opinion, you have to fight with me, is that it? smilie
#41 Posted: 04:02:46 15/02/2011
Hey, you told us valid reasons why you hate Skylanders. Not suddenly blurt out the hate of the game like SonicFanatic has been doing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:03:18 15/02/2011 by Aura24
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#42 Posted: 10:17:54 15/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101

I personally agree with this. Spyro has changed so much that it just isn't Spyro anymore. People are now still buying his games just because it has his name in the title, and the fact that the dragon is purple. I bet if Spyro was a purple bunny, people would still buy the game because it has Spyro in that title.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
ravenouscynder Ripto Gems: 864
#43 Posted: 14:27:47 15/02/2011
He's a dead man walkin.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#44 Posted: 16:24:10 15/02/2011
...Can't anyone take a long stare at the actual gameplay of this? To me it's clearly returning to roots. But, anyway, whether you like the new design of Spyro or not, this is the future of Spyro- and a future where he'll actually get the recognition he needs.

What I'm saying is that Spyro was dying by the end of LoS... And this will bring him back, not kill him.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#45 Posted: 16:30:50 15/02/2011
^ This.

At the end of the day, they changed Spyro in LoS too - Remember? They changed his gameplay, his personality, his friends, everything. And they're doing it again, but at least gameplay is returning this time.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#46 Posted: 16:41:41 15/02/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
...Can't anyone take a long stare at the actual gameplay of this? To me it's clearly returning to roots. But, anyway, whether you like the new design of Spyro or not, this is the future of Spyro- and a future where he'll actually get the recognition he needs.

What I'm saying is that Spyro was dying by the end of LoS... And this will bring him back, not kill him.

This! Spyro come back to his roots...There will be no more a PS1-Spyro there is simply no longer modern .
---
#47 Posted: 16:44:43 15/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo
^ This.

At the end of the day, they changed Spyro in LoS too - Remember? They changed his gameplay, his personality, his friends, everything. And they're doing it again, but at least gameplay is returning this time.

Apparently that's not the case to some fans out there...
---
#48 Posted: 20:00:36 15/02/2011
^
Spyro has been a part of their childhood, so they're very protective over him- though I personally see this as a great oppurtunity for his popularity and future in general.

And, I bet you, that all those complaining about LoS will like it now. Because 'at least it's not SKL'... Hypocrites.
---
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#49 Posted: 20:30:29 15/02/2011
Aura why do you disrespect me in any way you can? And i do have valid reasons are you serious.
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#50 Posted: 21:00:17 15/02/2011
^ Hey, hey, I'm sure she never disrespected you on purpose. She may've just interpreted you wrong, or just stating her opinion. No need to fight- this is a game featuring a character called 'Chop Chop' we're talking about, not anything we can't live without...

Though it would be tough without Spyro smilie
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me