Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
This page is for Skylander fans. [CLOSED]
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#1 Posted: 15:50:25 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
This page is for the people that like the sound of the game and wants to play it. Also this page is for people that think that Skylanders should be continued for the next story.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#2 Posted: 15:52:12 12/02/2011
booooooooo! i object skylanders and substitute LOS
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#3 Posted: 15:53:43 12/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101

Lol fail troll.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. I think there will be a continuation at some point.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#4 Posted: 16:00:46 12/02/2011
I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but I am interested to see how things shape up.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#5 Posted: 16:03:44 12/02/2011
The only thing that makes me think it might not have a continuation with Spyro is the fact Spyro's name is in the subtitle.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6 Posted: 16:08:03 12/02/2011
I can't wait for the game. i's going to be EPIC
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#7 Posted: 16:13:42 12/02/2011
Quote: Forgotten World
This page is for the people that like the sound of the game and wants to play it. Also this page is for people that think that Skylanders should be continued for the next story.

...And here I am! smilie
#8 Posted: 16:20:51 12/02/2011
Although I think it has the potential to be a great game, they should keep it a one-shot spin-off type thing. This doesn't look like a story type of game, and it hasn't got the most original gameplay either. It would be more acceptable as a one-shot community based game.

After the game is released, they should continue the LoS universe, but take some elements from Skylanders, and possibly some cross compatibility.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 16:23:35 12/02/2011
I like the look of this game but I'm not a fan of the idea of toys (which is why I won't buy any) and I certainly don't want them to make a sequel, mainly because I don't see how a sequel could be achieved and because I think this would work well as a one off game...
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#10 Posted: 16:26:51 12/02/2011
I like the look of it smilie
#11 Posted: 16:28:34 12/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

After the game is released, they should continue the LoS universe, but take some elements from Skylanders, and possibly some cross compatibility.

To be honest, I think it's safe to say LoS is finished now. If anything, this game will be a bridge to the Classics.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:32:41 12/02/2011 by Spyroo
#12 Posted: 16:29:37 12/02/2011
Quote: bionicle2809
I like the look of this game but I'm not a fan of the idea of toys (which is why I won't buy any) and I certainly don't want them to make a sequel, mainly because I don't see how a sequel could be achieved and because I think this would work well as a one off game...

Yeah, I don't want Spyro to become Pokemon, where each game really just adds new monsters. This seems like it could be a "fad" that will hold more than well as a single game. If they just make sequels, the novelty of the toys will wear off. The game does not even look like it is about Spyro, he just seems to be in it. Not to mention he seems like he won't talk.
---
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#13 Posted: 16:31:53 12/02/2011
Irrational fans annoy me
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
MasterBlui Emerald Sparx Gems: 3442
#14 Posted: 16:37:06 12/02/2011
Click

I guess I'm a bit excited :3

But do you think there will be any cutscenes?
---
Wow, fantastic baby..
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#15 Posted: 16:37:41 12/02/2011
Quote: SpyroFanatic101

Drama queen troll fail...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#16 Posted: 16:37:49 12/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo

To be honest, I think it's safe to say LoS is finished now. If anything, this game will be a bridge to the Classics.

It might be finished, it might not be...it has a ton of potential for expansion, that's for sure. This game looks more like LoS gameplay-wise than the Classics. This game should really be it's own thing, preferably a community based-game. Spyro is more like a cameo as opposed to a full on character here.
---
#17 Posted: 16:39:36 12/02/2011

It might be finished, it might not be...it has a ton of potential for expansion, that's for sure. This game looks more like LoS gameplay-wise than the Classics. This game should really be it's own thing, preferably a community based-game. Spyro is more like a cameo as opposed to a full on character here.

I know, but I really don't think they'll go back to it now. They seem to want to set their focus on younger kids, and I see more Classic Spyro in this than LoS.
---
#18 Posted: 16:47:08 12/02/2011
Most of the environments are like the Classics, but I seen three that look like they were directly inspired by LoS.
Gameplay wise, there looks like there will be even more fighting than LoS.
And LoS is appealing to younger kids. Every kid I've played DotD with loved it, that's for sure.
---
#19 Posted: 16:52:10 12/02/2011
True, but then every kid I know who has played the Classic games (ETD excluded) has loved them too.

I still think this is closer to the Classics though - Spunky looking Spyro, mostly platforming elements, and no 'epic' storyline.
---
#20 Posted: 16:56:24 12/02/2011
A lot of what I seen was fight, fight, fight. And the platforming looked extremely basic, and alot of it was bounce pad powered. I also seen multi-coloured gems drop out of enemies and whisk towards the player, like in LoS.
---
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#21 Posted: 17:05:19 12/02/2011
Although I think it has the potential to be a great game, they should keep it a one-shot spin-off type thing. This doesn't look like a story type of game, and it hasn't got the most original gameplay either. It would be more acceptable as a one-shot community based game.

Activsion does not do one-shots, they only want things that can be miled to death by selling people the virtually the same thing over and over again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:05:33 12/02/2011 by Gwenio
#22 Posted: 17:07:04 12/02/2011
Quote: Gwenio

Activsion does not do one-shots, they only want things that can be miled to death by selling people the virtually the same thing over and over again.

Well, maybe they'll do something different after SKL..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#23 Posted: 17:08:31 12/02/2011
SSA could be different, as they can just make new toys and make money off of them. It's not like Spyro is the only series they have....
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#24 Posted: 17:26:27 12/02/2011
The game is a risky project.
But I think it's good that Activision is trying to something new.
It's much better than always playing "same"game in "new".
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#25 Posted: 17:32:55 12/02/2011
Quote: XSparxX
The game is a risky project.
But I think it's good that Activision is trying to something new.
It's much better than always playing "same"game in "new".

They had to try something new after Los...
Poppy Ripto Gems: 1021
#26 Posted: 18:05:15 12/02/2011

*jumps in*

:D

I'm very excited for this game~ And I friggin' love Spyro's new design.
[User Posted Image]
Him and his spotty goodness. <3
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#27 Posted: 18:50:39 12/02/2011
A lot of the screenshots I see look like Original Spyro Worlds, and a lot of them look like TLoS Worlds. It looks mixed.

And I realized that from the looks of this game, Spyro and the Monster Game would be a fitting title afterall smilie
#28 Posted: 18:55:46 12/02/2011
Yes its classic X TLOS mix :3
And the gameplay sounds for me like a mix of the both.
---
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#29 Posted: 19:01:30 12/02/2011
It annoys me how fans hate this game Over Spyro's Design!
They don't care about gameplay.
They don't care about story.
They just care about what Spyro looks like! Its one of the most ridiculous things I've heard!
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#30 Posted: 19:03:27 12/02/2011
Quote: Malefor0001
It annoys me how fans hate this game Over Spyro's Design!
They don't care about gameplay.
They don't care about story.
They just care about what Spyro looks like! Its one of the most ridiculous things I've heard!

The basic story sucks in that Spyro is not important. At all.
#31 Posted: 19:04:49 12/02/2011
But have you actually played it yourself to judge the game and its story, Gwenio?
---
#32 Posted: 19:08:51 12/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
But have you actually played it yourself to judge the game and its story, Gwenio?

I did not say that the entire story was bad, only one specific know fact about it is not good.
spyro_987 Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#33 Posted: 20:17:49 12/02/2011
Quote: Youtuber
"If you THINK about buying this game, then you have fallen to the dirtiest marketing stunt around. The game CLEARLY was in development before adding Spyro. None of******** the environments or creatures shown actually look remotely like Spyro (Classic OR Legend). They are using Spyro as a way to lure in customers. This is a test of the fanbase and you, as a fan, should NOT stand for this treatment."

This may or may not be true.... Though I'm still excited. Im going to wait until people buy the game and rate it before I do.
---
HOOPLA
#34 Posted: 20:19:15 12/02/2011
Quote: spyro_987
Quote: Youtuber
"If you THINK about buying this game, then you have fallen to the dirtiest marketing stunt around. The game CLEARLY was in development before adding Spyro. None of******** the environments or creatures shown actually look remotely like Spyro (Classic OR Legend). They are using Spyro as a way to lure in customers. This is a test of the fanbase and you, as a fan, should NOT stand for this treatment."

This may or may not be true.... Though I'm still excited. Im going to wait until people buy the game and rate it before I do.

It is not just a lure, having people hate it is just as good as then word of the game's existance will get around faster.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#35 Posted: 20:41:32 12/02/2011
You think they wanted some to hate it for publicity?
Also, that YouTuber is a Jerk.

I'm curious and very excited. There was a quote somewhere of someone on the game team saying that the voice talent is of the same calibre of LOS. I would asume that if that is so, there will be a decent amount of dialouge, which I them take to mean a decent amount of story development.
But hey, alot of that (all except the calibre of VAs) was speculation, so I could be wrong, and maybe jumping to conclusions. I'll have faith and wait and see.

Also, Spyro could be quite important. I mean, one title was Spyro's Kingdom afterall. Maybe he is the bold leader of the Skylanders.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#36 Posted: 20:43:42 12/02/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA

I'm curious and very excited. There was a quote somewhere of someone on the game team saying that the voice talent is of the same calibre of LOS. I would asume that if that is so, there will be a decent amount of dialouge, which I them take to mean a decent amount of story development.
But hey, alot of that (all except the calibre of VAs) was speculation, so I could be wrong, and maybe jumping to conclusions. I'll have faith and wait and see.

Also, Spyro could be quite important. I mean, one title was Spyro's Kingdom afterall. Maybe he is the bold leader of the Skylanders.

It's sad to see that there are hundreds of fans wailing over a character design when they haven't even played the game to completely judge it.

Yeah, Spyro could be the leader of the Skylanders hopefully since they feature him a lot more than the other characters..
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#37 Posted: 20:44:43 12/02/2011
Yeah. Either way, I cant wait for the game to come out.
#38 Posted: 20:50:01 12/02/2011

*snip*

Think about it. Surely they knew what the reaction would be if they changed Spyro again. Therefore they do not care about the hate. And the hate is spreading the word very nicely.

The player is the leader, per the plot summary we have. As I understand it, you can beat the game without Spyro. Therefor he is not important.

The plot really is a lot like that of Season 1 of the Bakugan anime.
#39 Posted: 20:51:24 12/02/2011
Quote: Poppy

*jumps in*

smilie

[User Posted Image]

I was waiting for someone to do a pic like that smilie

But yeah, people are judging this way too quickly. Especially sick of the ones going 'Let's start up a petition to get him changed!'
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#40 Posted: 20:53:25 12/02/2011

*snip*

Think about it. Surely they knew what the reaction would be if they changed Spyro again. Therefore they do not care about the hate. And the hate is spreading the word very nicely.

The player is the leader, per the plot summary we have. As I understand it, you can beat the game without Spyro. Therefor he is not important.

NEVER MENTION BAKUGAN AGAIN.

Now, with that aside... I want a plush of Goblin and Gill! *looks for material*
#41 Posted: 20:53:38 12/02/2011
Quote: Poppy

*jumps in*

smilie

[User Posted Image]

I was waiting for someone to do a pic like that smilie

But yeah, people are judging this way too quickly. Especially sick of the ones going 'Let's start up a petition to get him changed!'

Activision doesn't listen to petitions anyways. I don't see why the fan's hate can get them to do crazy things sometimes..
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:18 12/02/2011 by Aura24
#42 Posted: 20:56:27 12/02/2011
Quote: GamingMaster_76

*snip*

NEVER MENTION BAKUGAN AGAIN.

Now, with that aside... I want a plush of Goblin and Gill! *looks for material*

But it is true.

Quote:
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure lets kids take on the role of a powerful Portal Master, who can control over 30 different characters, including the beloved purple dragon Spyro. Each of these heroes is a protector of an amazing, mysterious world, but they have been ejected from their world by the sinister Portal Master known as Kaos and now they are frozen in our world as toys. Only the players of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure can get them back into their world, by embarking on a fantastical journey where they will explore mythical lands, battle menacing, outlandish creatures, collect treasures, and solve challenging puzzles as a part of the quest to save their world.

Anyone else see the similarities?

- Banished from their world(s) to ours.
- Stuck in toy form.
- Can only be released by a person from the world they are stuck in.
#43 Posted: 20:57:13 12/02/2011

Activision doesn't listen to petitions anyways. I don't see why their hate can get them to do crazy things sometimes..

Which I'm glad about. Some people need to let go, it's not even like this game is out yet to judge it properly....
---
#44 Posted: 20:58:56 12/02/2011
Bakugan...really...oh boy....you has ideas Gwenio....
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:03:14 12/02/2011 by XSparxX
#45 Posted: 20:59:09 12/02/2011

Activision doesn't listen to petitions anyways. I don't see why their hate can get them to do crazy things sometimes..

Which I'm glad about. Some people need to let go, it's not even like this game is out yet to judge it properly....

They overreact, which can lead them to do stupid things, like flame and troll other fans like this upcoming game cause they don't share their views of Spyro being 'dead'..
---
#46 Posted: 21:01:24 12/02/2011

They overreact, which can lead them to do stupid things, like flame and troll other fans like this upcoming game cause they don't share their views of Spyro being 'dead'..

It would be understanding if the game had been released, they'd played it, and didn't like it. But all this over a design change and preview..... Ugh.
---
#47 Posted: 21:01:57 12/02/2011

It would be understanding if the game had been released, they'd played it, and didn't like it. But all this over a design change and preview..... Ugh.

It's pretty stupid....
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#48 Posted: 21:05:18 12/02/2011
Someone on DA said that with every new season of Pokemon, people flame and rage and hate, but when the release comes around they all love it. They also said they expected the same to happen with Skylanders.

Oh, and one more thing, I think the whole 'players must unlock the power of the frozen characters to save them' was just a way to incorperate the toys into the game's story as well as gameplay. I for one think that there will something along the the lines of an 'inner' story, which concerns the characters and Spyro as thier leader. IDK how to explain it better; does everyone get me though?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#49 Posted: 21:07:52 12/02/2011

It's pretty stupid....

Oh yes
---
#50 Posted: 21:08:10 12/02/2011
Someone on DA said that with every new season of Pokemon, people flame and rage and hate, but when the release comes around they all love it. They also said they expected the same to happen with Skylanders.

Oh, and one more thing, I think the whole 'players must unlock the power of the frozen characters to save them' was just a way to incorperate the toys into the game's story as well as gameplay. I for one think that there will something along the the lines of an 'inner' story, which concerns the characters and Spyro as thier leader. IDK how to explain it better; does everyone get me though?

Considering you can switch out at any time and only the ones you are using are in the game, it would be hard to do.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me