Page 1 of 1
Why NOT to hate this game. [CLOSED]
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#1 Posted: 03:22:59 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
1) It is not a Spyro game, and therefore you should not care about it unless you like the idea of the 'Skylanders I' game and think it might be interesting. See here for details. Particularly look towards the end.

2) Hating it brings attention to it, which increases the chance of it succeeding which if it offends you then you do not want.

3) You should really be using your time and energy to create a Spyro fan game that is so great we not longer need to depend upon Activision's ability to create a good Spyro game. See here.

Please spread this message to all who are actively hating on the game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:01 12/02/2011 by Gwenio
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#2 Posted: 03:24:53 12/02/2011
Great, now people can see me hating it. smilie
But i don't hate it so much anymore. I didn't hate it. I was just surprised and dissapointed. But not so much anymore. I'm getting more optimistic about it. It's not even a Spyro game, so tbh, in a way, that makes me really hopeful for the next game smilie
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 03:47:56 12/02/2011
^ Same with me. But if it is Skylanders and not Spyro, why not make a game with loads of other game characters including Crash or Sonic?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#4 Posted: 03:52:05 12/02/2011
This could be just a starter to resurrect Spyro. Spyro is NOT gonna regain his fame over night.

Acti is doing this more than likely to recruit new Spyro fans to the fandom.
Once they believe Spyro is fully back from the dead...they will make the single games, and maybe change the design to more of a Classic or Legend style...

Now, big question...if Spyro continues after this...
Will it be a Legend continutation?
A Classic return?
Or yet another reboot?
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 03:53:26 12/02/2011
4. The game is far away from even having its cast revealed.
#6 Posted: 03:55:32 12/02/2011
^That too.

No one will probably know its full cast until September 30th, 2011...

when the game hits the market.
#7 Posted: 03:55:33 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
This could be just a starter to resurrect Spyro. Spyro is NOT gonna regain his fame over night.

Once they believe Spyro is fully back from the dead...they will make the single games, and maybe change the design to more of a Classic or Legend style...

A Classic return?
Or yet another reboot?

I expect it will depend on how much interest there is in him compared to the others. If the other characters are better liked by neew fans, then I would not be suprised if those get their own game instead.
#8 Posted: 03:57:24 12/02/2011
Quote: Gwenio

A Classic return?
Or yet another reboot?

I expect it will depend on how much interest there is in him compared to the others. If the other characters are better liked by neew fans, then I would not be suprised if those get their own game instead.

Which is why I think this is Acti's attempt to resurrect a dying series. If successful, Spyro's back in business.

And yes, we might see a few new series' out there...
"Ignitor the Fire...thingy"
"Chop Chop the Zombie Warrior"...and whatnot.

It depends I guess on interest and reception
#9 Posted: 03:58:52 12/02/2011
Sheesh. This is temporary guys! Why? This:
Quote:
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure lets kids take on the role of a powerful Portal Master, who can control over 30 different characters, including the beloved purple dragon Spyro. Each of these heroes is a protector of an amazing, mysterious world, but they have been ejected from their world by the sinister Portal Master known as Kaos and now they are frozen in our world as toys. Only the players of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure can get them back into their world, by embarking on a fantastical journey where they will explore mythical lands, battle menacing, outlandish creatures, collect treasures, and solve challenging puzzles as a part of the quest to save their world.

When this game is done with, Spyro will go back to whichever Universe they decide he belongs to. (And apparently he's a rare purple dragon there, hmm..)
And since he's stuck as a toy, his design only makes sense! (that goes out to you who won't give Spyro another chance because of his design smilie)

So I'm thrilled! smilie
#10 Posted: 03:59:28 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76

Haters do not care about that; I only included reasons that might actually make them stop actively hating on the game.
#11 Posted: 04:00:16 12/02/2011
5. The game has been in production for two and a half years and has a huge Hollywood team.
#12 Posted: 04:00:43 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby

When this game is done with, Spyro will go back to whichever Universe they decide he belongs to. (And apparently he's a rare purple dragon there, hmm..)
And since he's stuck as a toy, his design only makes sense! (that goes out to you who won't give Spyro another chance because of his design smilie)

So I'm thrilled! smilie

On the other hand it would upset the newly gained fans to change back if they make a new Spyro game.
#13 Posted: 04:01:23 12/02/2011
True...
#14 Posted: 04:01:25 12/02/2011
Quote:
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure lets kids take on the role of a powerful Portal Master, who can control over 30 different characters, including the beloved purple dragon Spyro. Each of these heroes is a protector of an amazing, mysterious world, but they have been ejected from their world by the sinister Portal Master known as Kaos and now they are frozen in our world as toys. Only the players of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure can get them back into their world, by embarking on a fantastical journey where they will explore mythical lands, battle menacing, outlandish creatures, collect treasures, and solve challenging puzzles as a part of the quest to save their world.

So I'm thrilled! smilie

While I like where you are going with this, in respect to Classic fans and stating a perfectly reasonable possiblity, the "rare purple dragon" reference to LoS may have been unintentional.
#15 Posted: 04:01:43 12/02/2011

Haters do not care about that; I only included reasons that might actually make them stop actively hating on the game.

Haters ain't gonna listen anyway. If some reasonless ones flood in, they will probably troll or ignore this topic.
#16 Posted: 04:02:31 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator

Haters ain't gonna listen anyway. If some reasonless ones flood in, they will probably troll or ignore this topic.

This is a list to give unto them where ever they are found, not just here.
#17 Posted: 04:02:58 12/02/2011
Quote:

So I'm thrilled! smilie

While I like where you are going with this, in respect to Classic fans and stating a perfectly reasonable possiblity, the "rare purple dragon" reference to LoS may have been unintentional.

True. It very well may have been unintentional because they seem to have mixed things in from both games..
#18 Posted: 04:04:03 12/02/2011
Hey, and for all the haters out there...
odds are, like Spyro usually is, you will see more of his back than face. Right?
#19 Posted: 04:05:21 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Hey, and for all the haters out there...
odds are, like Spyro usually is, you will see more of his back than face. Right?

They will not find that an improvement, his tail is baddly proportioned relative to previous designs.
#20 Posted: 04:06:28 12/02/2011
smilie

Well, it was worth a try anyway.
#21 Posted: 04:06:43 12/02/2011
Hopefully though, at least SOME of them will see how stupid it is to hate the game just becaus he has more powerful features...

*copies and pastes list into guestbook*
#22 Posted: 04:08:43 12/02/2011
Hopefully.
I'm not going to say anything bad though, I'm afraid to start last night all over again.

Note: I still feel bad about my outburst.
#23 Posted: 04:10:23 12/02/2011
It's too full. People probably just would have started avoiding my page anyway... If they ever even looked at it...
#24 Posted: 04:11:33 12/02/2011
*Looks at GMs page*
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#25 Posted: 16:35:06 12/02/2011
1) It is not a Spyro game

Even though Spyro IS THE MAIN CHARACTER and the other characters are just cameos.
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
#26 Posted: 16:37:04 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Apoc

Even though Spyro IS THE MAIN CHARACTER and the other characters are just cameos.

Read the link, he is only slightly less minor than the others. It is about as much about him as Smash Bros is about Mario.
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#27 Posted: 16:40:32 12/02/2011

Read the link, he is only slightly less minor than the others. It is about as much about him as Smash Bros is about Mario.

Still, it has Spyro in the title, so technically it is still a Spyro game.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#28 Posted: 16:44:07 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyroo

Not really; that is just a marketing ploy. Please read the link for the detailed version of why it is not a Spyro game.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#29 Posted: 16:50:11 12/02/2011

Nope, that doesn't make it a Spyro game. Example:

[User Posted Image]

This is neither a Sonic game, nor a Banjo game, yet both their names are on the box.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#30 Posted: 16:52:47 12/02/2011
Actually, it still comes under a Sonic game by many.

BK is different, it just says w/ BK.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#31 Posted: 17:00:06 12/02/2011
It's not a Sonic game actually. Sega have stated it was going to be called "Sega Superstars Racing", but they put Sonic's name on it as he had the most "references" in it. Basically, he is the character with top billing in it, like Mario is in Smash Bros.

Skylanders looks like a similar case.....Spyro has top billing, but it's not necessarily about him.
---
#32 Posted: 17:02:17 12/02/2011
I still consider it a Sonic game.... Because Sonic is playable, and the game is mainly aimed at him.

But honestly, this is a new Spyro game, no matter how badly people want it not to be - Activision may be just using his name, but it's still there. It's 'Spyro's Adventure' after all.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#33 Posted: 17:04:35 12/02/2011
So far all this hate from all the other fans on this game is mainly because of Spyro's design according them. They completely "judged the book by its cover" and never actually played it themselves to really judged it, which is kinda silly...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#34 Posted: 17:07:11 12/02/2011
It is a new Spyro as he is in it, but it's not a Spyro game in the same way the others were.

Although it's not my favourite design, I don't mind it. It suits the idea of the game too.
---
#35 Posted: 17:08:19 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
I still consider it a Sonic game.... Because Sonic is playable, and the game is mainly aimed at him.

But honestly, this is a new Spyro game, no matter how badly people want it not to be - Activision may be just using his name, but it's still there. It's 'Spyro's Adventure' after all.

But other than that it has zero characterisics of a Spyro game.
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4157
#36 Posted: 17:34:54 12/02/2011
It's a game featuring Spyro, and that's enough for me.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#37 Posted: 17:44:27 12/02/2011
It's like Sonic Colours . Sega also said its for 6-12 year olds childrens and fans has hate the game.And what became Sonic Colours? Its the best 3D Sonic since Sonic Adventure 2.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:46:31 12/02/2011 by XSparxX
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#38 Posted: 23:33:02 12/02/2011
I'm just happy that I get to have a toy of this new Spyro to add to my small classic Spyro collection. xD

A Classic return?
Or yet another reboot?

Or another option, continue the Skylanders series with new Spyro in it... Which I find more likely....

But because the series is called "Skylanders" not, "Spyro", I'm hoping that they don't give Spyro the boot after this game...
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:57 12/02/2011 by DarkCynder_543
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#39 Posted: 23:39:38 12/02/2011
1) It is not a Spyro game, and therefore you should not care about it unless you like the idea of the 'Skylanders I' game and think it might be interesting. See here for details. Particularly look towards the end.

2) Hating it brings attention to it, which increases the chance of it succeeding which if it offends you then you do not want.

3) You should really be using your time and energy to create a Spyro fan game that is so great we not longer need to depend upon Activision's ability to create a good Spyro game. See here.

None of these are good points. I suggest better ones:

REASONS TO NOT HATE THE GAME

1. Design doesn't make a game good or bad. Shut up about the design. You are making yourselves look even worse than the people that complained about Sonic 4's design.

2. You don't need all of the figures. You only need one to complete the game.

3. You say this isn't a Spyro game? Easy. Just use the Spyro toy. Forget any of the other characters exist. Happy now?

4 (and most importantly): The game isn't even ****ing out yet. You haven't played it. Come to the toy fair here in NY, play the game, then you can talk. But unless you do that, you have no reason to say the game sucks because you haven't laid a finger on the controller or the toy.
#40 Posted: 23:42:37 12/02/2011
^This.

And no offense, but pretty much all fangames suck, except a few that are based off more popular franchises or have more 'support' from fans (something Spyro does not).
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#41 Posted: 23:47:15 12/02/2011
^ This!
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#42 Posted: 23:55:16 12/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV

None of these are good points. I suggest better ones:

REASONS TO NOT HATE THE GAME

1. Design doesn't make a game good or bad. Shut up about the design. You are making yourselves look even worse than the people that complained about Sonic 4's design.

2. You don't need all of the figures. You only need one to complete the game.

3. You say this isn't a Spyro game? Easy. Just use the Spyro toy. Forget any of the other characters exist. Happy now?

4 (and most importantly): The game isn't even ****ing out yet. You haven't played it. Come to the toy fair here in NY, play the game, then you can talk. But unless you do that, you have no reason to say the game sucks because you haven't laid a finger on the controller or the toy.

You can take off the tinted glasses now, they are preventing you from seeing the real problem(s) people have.

Getting them to stop complaining by spamming messages like that will achieve nothing, before coming up with an argument that will work you must first know why they are upset better than they do.

They fixate on the design because it is the obvious change and it becomes symbolic of the real reason: to them this game is not Spyro. Telling them that will make it hurt less.

The is for the less rational ones: it tells them they are helping the 'enemy', and should therefore do something else.

Third gives a less annoying way to express their outrage.

And doing the samething over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. It has been proven your argument does not work; just see the threads from previous changes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:56 12/02/2011 by Gwenio
#43 Posted: 00:59:17 13/02/2011
You can take off the tinted glasses now, they are preventing you from seeing the real problem(s) people have.

Getting them to stop complaining by spamming messages like that will achieve nothing, before coming up with an argument that will work you must first know why they are upset better than they do.

They fixate on the design because it is the obvious change and it becomes symbolic of the real reason: to them this game is not Spyro. Telling them that will make it hurt less.

The is for the less rational ones: it tells them they are helping the 'enemy', and should therefore do something else.

And doing the samething over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. It has been proven your argument does not work; just see the threads from previous changes.

I am wearing no tinted glasses. Right now all I'm seeing is this:

"WHAT DID THEY DO TO SPYRO!? I'M NOT BUYING THIS GAME!"

"HE LOOKS LIKE A GOBLIN! SPYRO IS DEAD!"

"I DON'T WANT TO BUY ALL OF THE TOYS! I'M NOT BUYING THIS GAME!"

I see why they are upset. If I didn't know, then I wouldn't speak. But all I see are comments like the ones above, and I'm sitting here, taking time out of my day to write down counter-arguments and points in an attempt for people to stop complaining about petty things, and to look at the game with an open mind like I am. People have the right to say what they want, and people also have the right to counter their opinion with their own. This is what I'm doing.

This is Spyro. It's just like with LoS. It didn't look like original Spyro, and people were complaining, especially with DotD's design. But look now at the large fanbase the games have, and all of the fanart that use his LoS design. This is Spyro. It's the same purple dragon that has been breathing fire for 12 years, and all that has changed is his design, and voice actors.

There. I took some more time out of my day to explain myself. I have a paper that has caused me to be absent for 3 days from school, and I'm blanking out on it. So instead, I sit here and try to reach to the people that are complaining before the game is even released.

So I see the real problem here, and it's that people are refusing to buy the game just because of how Spyro looks. It didn't stop people from buying LoS. Why should it stop people from buying Skylanders?
#44 Posted: 01:24:51 13/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
So far all this hate from all the other fans on this game is mainly because of Spyro's design according them. They completely "judged the book by its cover" and never actually played it themselves to really judged it, which is kinda silly...

^This!!

I'm sorry, but a LOT of people are overreacting over something so tiny as a character design. And I really am starting to believe that the Anti-SK people are trying to turn others against the game. This is a madhouse! We just all need to settled down and stop this usless fighting, its not like fighting will change the design, or make things easier to handle...
...'nuff said.
#45 Posted: 01:42:22 13/02/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV

I am wearing no tinted glasses. Right now all I'm seeing is this:

"WHAT DID THEY DO TO SPYRO!? I'M NOT BUYING THIS GAME!"

"HE LOOKS LIKE A GOBLIN! SPYRO IS DEAD!"

"I DON'T WANT TO BUY ALL OF THE TOYS! I'M NOT BUYING THIS GAME!"

I see why they are upset. If I didn't know, then I wouldn't speak. But all I see are comments like the ones above, and I'm sitting here, taking time out of my day to write down counter-arguments and points in an attempt for people to stop complaining about petty things, and to look at the game with an open mind like I am. People have the right to say what they want, and people also have the right to counter their opinion with their own. This is what I'm doing.

This is Spyro. It's just like with LoS. It didn't look like original Spyro, and people were complaining, especially with DotD's design. But look now at the large fanbase the games have, and all of the fanart that use his LoS design. This is Spyro. It's the same purple dragon that has been breathing fire for 12 years, and all that has changed is his design, and voice actors.

There. I took some more time out of my day to explain myself. I have a paper that has caused me to be absent for 3 days from school, and I'm blanking out on it. So instead, I sit here and try to reach to the people that are complaining before the game is even released.

So I see the real problem here, and it's that people are refusing to buy the game just because of how Spyro looks. It didn't stop people from buying LoS. Why should it stop people from buying Skylanders?

Then do not reply. As long as someone feels that this game is not 'Spyro' and they judge it as a Spyro game then they will keep complaining. Arguements like those you are using just may things worse during arguements about LoS vs Classics. Either drop it, come up with something new and better, or use what I have provided based on all the arguements about LoS and Classics as just telling them they are wrong is at best futile and often counter productive.
#46 Posted: 02:04:26 13/02/2011
I just wish everybody could get along for once.
#47 Posted: 02:20:48 13/02/2011
Then do not reply. As long as someone feels that this game is not 'Spyro' and they judge it as a Spyro game then they will keep complaining. Arguements like those you are using just may things worse during arguements about LoS vs Classics. Either drop it, come up with something new and better, or use what I have provided based on all the arguements about LoS and Classics as just telling them they are wrong is at best futile and often counter productive.

So according to you, my arguement is flawed and terrible even though I took the time out of my day analyzing every piece of it and making sure that it's as valid as possible?

And you are also telling me that I shouldn't argue against their complaints and boycotts because of a design, but instead agree with them so there aren't any problems? Sorry, but no.

And besides, what will anybody learn if there aren't people out there telling them the same thing I'm saying? Because if you are saying this to me, you gott say it to the other's that are saying the same thing I am.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me